• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the Sub-Rel Minato calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using mach 2915+ for lightning based off a previous calc is indeed calc stacking. You'd be better off using the normal speed of lightning.

Rocker1189 said:
Which is what I then did. and gave me the second answer.
Repost the calcs. Label the one that's calc_stacked then label the one using normal speed of lighting. Give the reasoning I gave. I suspect people are getting confused because the lack of proper labeling.

Edit, I'd suggest making a blog about it first then linking it.

Rocker1189 said:
Well we calced Kirin to be mach 2915.
1000m (from cumulus clouds) / (1/1000) = 1,000,000 = mach 2915

Average male head height = 0.218m

0.218/73 = 2.98 x10^-3 m

(2.98x10^-3 ) * 23 =0.069m

0.069/1000000 = 6.89 * 10^-8 seconds.

4.86 percent of the speed of light which is sub-relavistic.

Or mach 42428.67
Calc stacked

Rocker1189 said:
Alternative I could use the speed of lightning directly.
Average male head height = 0.218m

0.218/73 = 2.98 x10^-3 m

(2.98x10^-3 ) * 23 =0.069m

0.069/440,000 = 1.568 x 10^-7 seconds.

2.13 percent the speed of light.

mach 18591.29 which is still sub-relavistic.
Not calc stacked

Databook also say they are MHS+ or sub-rel or Naruto's ap Small Planet Level etc. that means we downgrade every character to unknown? It's all about feats, calcs and power-scaling.

No, i understand it clearly. Some people says there is no mention in databook about lightning speed and for this reaso some of this people says like A is not lightning speed if we go this route for this that means nearly every feat, calc and power-scaling need to be removed or changed to unknown because there is no mention in the databook. Also this peoples accept databook statements outlier, hyperbole, contradiction or some other things.

Honestly we should just get rid of all calcs in this site lol. Nothing we put here (or at least very few) are directly said by the creators.

lol... most flawed argument ever..i guess most of Dragonball is like Hypersonic+ at best and Naruto is barely supersonic+

That is what people are implying lol. Since the lightspeed statement I am 100% sure there has no other thing that puts dragonball at MFTL+++ atm. In fact if the recent episodes have been anything to go by they should be a few thousands times FTL at most.

If Minato is Sub-Rel wouldn't this upgrade the god-tier to like Relativistic or Light-speed via scaling or something?

Not at all, a completely baseless thing to say. It would mean the God-tier simply move up the sub-relavistic tier.

yeah super has one MFTL+ travel speed, which was calced... lol

if we just accept authors words we would have really bad and inaccurate profiles, I mean it doesn't take a lot of thought to know you need to be faster than supersonic+ to travel a planet in 5 seconds..which is what Goku does..in Short, Authors do not know how strong their characters are

Rocker1189 said:
That is what people are implying lol. Since the lightspeed statement I am 100% sure there has no other thing that puts dragonball at MFTL+++ atm. In fact if the recent episodes have been anything to go by they should be a few thousands times FTL at most.

Whis actually has a MTFL feat and it has been calculated. And don't bring other series into this.

@Shadow It is funny you say travel speed not combat speed which was even implied inthe way it was done to be unusable in combat. But whatever I really dont care about that.

Well, that is exactly what I am saying, I never once said we should actually do that. My issue is it being brought up now for a character getting an upgrade in Naruto.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Whis actually has a MTFL feat and it has been calculated. And don't bring other series into this.
Sorry but I would bring other series into things when trying to show bias in between series I do not allow for individual levels of scrutiny.

Nothing is going to be solved in this manner.

It is best if Kepekley23 or UMR start a new staff forum discussion about this, and invite all of the calc group members, as well as DontTalkDT and Kaltias.

> Implying this wiki has a bias against Naruto

> Said wiki has Naruto characters rated higher than the majority of any other forums

> Naruto constantly gets upgrades

Seriously, can you stop being so damn whiny? You literally act like this in every Naruto thread where things don't go your way.
802f29f766634d616bf886994c38f37dac0c67114e90df5dcf227d906ff3bfba

Yeah lol, I already know this is not going through, the only person who might be fine with it is Kep. But no one else is willing to give this a chance so this thread might as well be closed. The main defenders of it are non staff members.

Rocker1189 said:

Thats the whole point we are making, we are not discrediting other verses speed but stating that calcs and feats are far more important than Author's statments, as someone above wanted to put everyone in Naruto at Unknown because the databook or the manga doesnt say that the characters are sub rel or MHS+

This is going on for more than it should.

Can someone provide evidence that Ay can move at lightning speed? Feats, statements, guidebook quotes, anything at all. (Let's not go to the 'Itachi reacting to Kirin' arguments here)

> Implying this wiki has a bias against Naruto

> Said wiki has Naruto characters rated higher than the majority of any other forums

> Naruto constantly gets upgrades

Seriously, can you stop being so damn whiny? You literally act like this in every Naruto thread where things don't go your way.
802f29f766634d616bf886994c38f37dac0c67114e90df5dcf227d906ff3bfba
Lol majority of other forums? What other forums exactly actually have calcs for things. There is no way for me to actually debate other forums since they are not calcing anything.

Constantly gets upgrades when we actually get a calc that has literally zero way to be disproved and even then a lot of people are against them.

Tells me to stop being whiny while getting in every thread that even implies there might be a upgrade for any character and tries to find some way for it not to be allowed. I have been "whiny" about 2 things. Light speed light fang and this.

And apparently observations is being whiny now lmao. Yeah, I am not going to go into that.

Gemmysaur said:
This is going on for more than it should.
Can someone provide evidence that Ay can move at lightning speed? Feats, statements, guidebook quotes, anything at all. (Let's not go to the 'Itachi reacting to Kirin' arguments here)
In Conclusion No, best we have is Ay moving like a thudnebolt, done. thats it

even the manga states that Lightning release isnt as fast as real lightning, so using that as argument is out.

Shadowbokunohero said:
we were using Dragonball as an example why this is a flawed way of thinking
Why what exactly is a flawed thinking dragon ball literally proves my point. Goku gets an extremely shaky universe busting reasoning, and everyone and their mothers in the tournament of power scales off of universe busting.

Frantzy12 said:
I see Toneri has a relativistic attack, why don't Kaguya or any other superior Otsutsuki scale to it?
I...actually don't know. In the blog, the creator said Toneri flung some things at Naruto at such speeds. It might not necessarily be Relativistic though.

Rocker, stop making accusations and being confrontational.

We have spent a ridiculous amount of time on attempting to improve on the reliability of the Naruto statistics. We are not intentionally biased just because everybody do not automatically agree with you.

That said, I am personally leaning towards agreeiing with Kepekley23, but it is not my call. It is up to the calc group members to evaluate.

Anyway, since this thread is going in circles, I will close it now, and start a new one in the staff forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back