• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ayyy another Nardo Speed Thread(The Lightning Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember there being statements that after Minato had passed Ay became known as the fastest shinobi alive, so providing those statements would be nice evidence for your claim.
I talked about these and I used the phrase god like speed as a support, I will provide scans when I switch to pc

NARUTO--64---p178-aKraa.png

In this panel Mifune fires his SOL Issen and its speed is matched by Nine tail's amped Leaf Jonin's projectiles and Killer Bee's Bijuu bomb.

Ay is faster than Bee. Practically from his own admission and through the Raikage being the fastest shinobi at this point in time which would include Bee, his brother.

12360431_1520_1200_295706.webp

It also wouldn't make sense for Jonin amped by the weakest version of Naruto's nine tails cloak, that he distributes to at least 10,000 other shinobi, to be capable of tagging Ay when Naruto himself struggled to avoid Ay's top speeds.
So you're trying to scale Ay's "top speeds" to/above Issen, what do you consider Ay's "top speed" as then?

So you're trying to scale Ay's "top speeds" to/above Issen, what do you consider Ay's "top speed" as then?
The Raikage has only ever been referenced as going at his top speed against Naruto and Minato in the Past. He likely does against Madara was well even though it’s not explicitly said since Madara slams all the kage.

even the Lariat is never referenced as his top speed like the attack he did on KCM Naruto was by both himself and Bee.

For the sake of transparency, the translation in the OP is a bit misleading:

光の如きスピードで突進しながら
Charging with light-like speed

This is the proper translation. 光の如き translates literally to “like light, as light, light-like”, スピード is just engrish for “speed”, and 突進し just means “to rush or dash”. So you could read the important part as “light-like speed, speed like light, etc”.

Edit: when speaking hyper literally about the speed of light the following kanji is used 光速.

The mistranslation is definitely misleading, the actual translation reads very hyperbolic/figure of speech to me.

I'm switching my vote to neutral, leaning disagree now.

Yeah as much as I like ~light speed Ay, I can’t in good faith support “light-like speed” being literally lightspeed or near lightspeed. While I don’t think it’s wrong as a high end interpretation, without any supporting feats that scale to Ay’s movement, it’s hard to justify taking the statement as literal over hyperbolic. So, I’m going to have to switch towards disagree as well atm. As Cyber said, OPTION 4

The mistranslation is definitely misleading, the actual translation reads very hyperbolic/figure of speech to me.

I'm switching my vote to neutral, leaning disagree now.
I'll be reaffirming my disagree vote now.

For the sake of transparency, the translation in the OP is a bit misleading:

光の如きスピードで突進しながら

This is the proper translation. 光の如き translates literally to “like light, as light, light-like”, スピード is just engrish for “speed”, and 突進し just means “to rush or dash”. So you could read the important part as “light-like speed, speed like light, etc”.

Edit: when speaking hyper literally about the speed of light the following kanji is used 光速.
Where was this post 4 days ago?

yeah honestly with the feat being unusable and the mistranslation I definitely agree a solid rating is out of the question.

Shouldn't a possibly rating still be considered since the Japanese phrase hikari no gotoki isn't always intended to be nonliteral.

I feel that it would be a bit disingenuous to completely disregard it. Especially with there still being some backing in Ay scaling above those that can match the Issen.

Shouldn't a possibly rating still be considered since the Japanese phrase hikari no gotoki isn't always intended to be nonliteral.
While I don’t think it’s wrong as a high end interpretation, without any supporting feats that scale to Ay’s movement, it’s hard to justify taking the statement as literal over hyperbolic. So, I’m going to have to switch towards disagree as well atm.
My reason for disagreeing with possibly ^

You need to provide evidence which substantiates the claim of having a "possibly" rating, just because the statement itself can have multiple valid interpretations doesn't disprove the semantical fact that the wording used usually denotes a simile/figure of speech rather then an objective statement of fact.

"Possibly" ratings, as explained in our tiering system, is.

"statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly"

You need to prove the probability of your claim being true would be notable, but mild in relation towards other probable claims. I don't believe you have proven that yet, so until you do i don't believe we should assume a "possibly" rating just because the statement has multiple valid interpretations, and Raikage's possibly above Mifune's Issen. It just isn't solid enough evidence for the rating imo.

光の如きスピードで突進しながら
I copied this on google translate and the meaning is like this🗿

光の如きスピードで突進しながら
While rushing at the speed of light

don't bully me🗿

Yeah as much as I like ~light speed Ay, I can’t in good faith support “light-like speed” being literally lightspeed or near lightspeed. While I don’t think it’s wrong as a high end interpretation, without any supporting feats that scale to Ay’s movement, it’s hard to justify taking the statement as literal over hyperbolic. So, I’m going to have to switch towards disagree as well atm. As Cyber said, OPTION 4
Well I don't particularly agree with Base Guy~Kakashi, but under that (which is on Guy's profile atm), there is some support, especially if you use King's calc of Kakashi's feat, as the Reverse Lotus amps you by dozens of times (getting into that controversial discussion of Gates amping strength and speed proportionately), and so bare minimum 5th Gate Guy would be Sub-Relativistic+ (Mach 53,400), or using King's calc, at least high end Relativistic (Mach 378,000), and Ay states he's the fastest shinobi, which if accepted as true, makes him >Even 7th Gate Guy, so him being Relativistic+ at top speed would make a lot of sense.
1298633_571164_784_1200.jpeg
12360394_760_1200_125980.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back