• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ayyy another Nardo Speed Thread(The Lightning Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godernet

He/Him
Based on the title, I'm sure some of you can tell that this will be a thread going over the validity of a "light speed" Raikage statement given to us by a Databook.

This was previously gone over in a separate thread back in 2021 where it was declined for a couple of reasons I want to touch on today.

As far as I can tell from this thread listed above the main reasons for the statement having been declined were differing opinions on interpretations, another conflicting Naruto Speed CRT going on at the time, and some that believed this was an outlier or that it would lead to inconsistent scaling.

- The Different Interpretations of the Statement.

The Statement in question:

KVkrXqf.jpeg

光の如きスピードで突進しながら
Rushing forward with the speed of light.

I'll be using an excerpt from the previous thread by Cyberblader90 here:

“Used to describe something that is like something else but isn’t actually” aka simile

The "goto" set of adverb/adjectives is used to call something something else as simile, for example "float like a butterfly sting like a bee" he isn't actually floating like a butterfly or stinging with his ass he's merely light on his feat and strong with his jabs
when it says "light-like" with "goto" it is the same premise
"he moves like light, but he's not actually moving the same as light" all it means is "similar to how light is perceived as super fast, the Raikage is also super fast" it is not saying "Raikage moves at light speed"
it's a phrase that doesn't convey its meaning well in English

I would like to give however an alternative take:

gotoki doesn't always imply that the comparison is non-literal, but it can be used that way

It's the noun-modifying form of gotoshi, which is used to indicate similarity

Gotoshi indicates similarity. As shown in the Formations, it changes form depending on its grammatical function. That is, the sentence-final form is gotoshi, as shown in Formation (i) and (ii); the adverbial form is gotoku, as in Formation (iii); and the noun-modifying form is gotoki, as in Formation (iv) and (v). One of the functions of gotoshi is to mark a simile, as seen in KS(A)-(D), Exs.(a) and (b). When ka is inserted, as in KS(B), (E), Exs.(c) and (h), it adds the nuance of doubt on the part of the speaker.

Ka is か or カ

https://sgp1.digitaloceanspaces.com/proletarian-library/books/1128c6eebeaace3439a924f7ceea5738.pdf

To make an argument for the statement still being usable though, there are two interpretations of it. That the sentence is comparing his speed to light literally (which from the looks of things, the word can be used for), or that it's a simile and is comparing his speed to light non-literally. However, if we're saying the Mifune statement is still fine, then it would be consistent for him to actually be on that level of speed. So with other contexts supporting it, it might be fair to interpret it as a literal comparison.
For example, one of the example sentences where it's used is "She is like Mona Lisa, always smiling."
Which isn't non-literal or anything, so the word can be used either way.

From what I gather there are a couple of ways to look at this Statement.

Version 1: The statement is non-literal and the Raikage can't move at near-light speeds

Version 2: The Statement is to be taken completely literally.

Version 3: Near Light Speed Raikage is literal and the figure of speech comes from him being compared to actual light.

IMO using any of these in isolation would be rather disingenuous to other interpretations as it requires us to assume we know what the author was intending with the statement and assume that one of these interpretations holds more weight than the others which is again disingenuous.

To dissect the validity of the statement I'll be going over which is most consistent with the Source Material.

- Is this an outlier or at all contradicted by the manga?

No, in fact, I believe it is incredibly consistent with the way characters on the Raikage's level of speed are presented, but let's go over some counterpoints from the previous thread and from what I've seen other people say.

"Why use this over a Lightning Speed Raikage?"

The Raikage only being lightning speed would be more contradictory to his lore than him being light speed.

We know due to the manga that a younger Kakashi could cut lightning before it hit the ground.
1299874_539508_784_1200.jpeg

Guy makes this statement with full confidence in Kakashi's ability to perform feats like this and being someone who knows Kakashi's capabilities better than likely anybody in the series due to being his rival and someone who studies Kakashi's combat proficiency constantly in order to surpass him.

We even have a calc'd feat from an early Shippuden Kakashi intercepting Kakazu's lightning.
12328164_760_1200_184134.webp
12328159_760_1200_169642.webp

In short, the Raikage has too many statements of being far faster than people who are faster than Kakashi to be just the Standard speed of Lightning.

As for the consistency of Near Light Speed or Light Speed Raikage, we learn in Naruto chapter 529 that a Cloud Shinobi named Mabui has a transportation jutsu called the Heavenly Transfer Jutsu(or Ethereal Transmission) that is capable of moving things at light speeds as stated in the Manga.
12360020_760_1200_127774.webp

In chapter 562, The Cloud Shinobi who uses the Jutsu explains that if a person uses this Jutsu they should be torn apart by the massive speeds and she believes that the 4th Raikage is the only person present that could survive said speeds is the 4th Raikage(and the deceased 3rd Raikage.)
12371535_760_1200_137270.webp
12371576_760_1200_95468.webp

After the Jutsu is used not only does it work but the Raikage(who did this in his base form) looks practically uninjured and immediately starts fighting.
12371497_760_1200_153142.webp
12371489_760_1200_198082.webp
12371474_1520_1200_181980.webp

This shows us that Ay's body can handle light-speed movement.

"Why is the Light Fang special if several people have relative speed to it?"

The Light Fang in both Anime and Manga is never portrayed as a particularly special Jutsu. Madara uses it in a close-quarters situation one time to try tagging Naruto while he is blocking Limbo. Not only do Naruto and Sasuke never make note that the Jutsu was particularly fast or even mention it at all. Madara never even attempts to use it again despite it being his only Projectile Jutsu that requires no hand signs or even hands. The only thing that even makes this Jutsu special in our eyes is that it has a clearly defined speed given by WOG which is a rarity for most Jutsu in Naruto.

In short, Light Fang should not be used to Gatekeep prior Jutsu from being Lightspeed.

"Why didn't the Raikage just run to the battlefield if he's relative to light speed?"

This is all referring to Combat Speeds, I think it's well established(and hopefully I don't have to spend time arguing this point) that Shinobi don't amp their travel speeds at anywhere near the same levels as their Combat/Short Distance Travel speeds.

It doesn't make sense narratively for there to be light-speed Jutsu in Naruto besides Light Fang/But Outlier tho???

I've heard this a lot but again nothing indicates Light Fang is special, and we have other Light speed Jutsu statements from both in Manga sources as well as WOG databooks: Haku's Mirrors, Mifune's Kyuubi Amp'd sword slash, the Heavenly Transfer Jutsu, as well as Kirin.

Smaller Points that I didn't want to focus on too much but add to the consistency of this.

- Mifune, a samurai who is very likely slower than the Raikage has a WOG statement that with a 1-tailed Kyuubi Cloak, his Issen sword slash projectiles move at light speed. We also see that other Jonin characters with Nine Tails Cloaks and Bee in his tailed beast state have attacks that can keep up with Mifune's SOL projectiles

- Darui, a member of the Raikage's personal guard uses Storm Release(Gale Style), the same Kekkai Genkai as the already accepted SOL Light Fang Jutsu. his Gale Style is shown to have several of the properties of light and is referred to several times as Beams/Light Rays.

- Ay states he is the fastest Shinobi since Minato, who he considered a rival and fought on several occasions. (Tsunade and Bee acknowledge Ay's statement and are shocked to see Naruto capable of competing with Ay's top speeds.), a revived Minato could react and move through a battle that contained 8th Gate Guy(who could warp space with his speed) and Six Paths Madara(the guy who should scale to his own Light Fang's SOL speeds and directly to SOSP Naruto who could dodge it.)

- Edo Madara was able to react and block an attack by the Raikage and Tsunade as they were arriving from being transported by the Light Speed Heavenly Transfer Jutsu.

Based on all of this information I have laid out I have a couple of different proposals.

(BTW These Proposals do use the fan terms for Ay's regular lightning cloak and his top speed as V1 and V2 respectively if that needs to be changed please let me know.)

Option 1: If votes are in favor of Ay's Lightning Chakra Cloak scaling to his Lariat: Massively Hypersonic+, Relativistic+ with V1, higher, possibly SOL with V2
(The reason for the possibly SOL is due to the near-light speed statement made for Lariat which is not his top speed this could also be applied as likely SOL with V2 if people are of the opinion that V2 is faster than the Lariat.)

Option 2: If votes are split and there is some room for different interpretations after we discuss this we can rate it as: at least Massively Hypersonic+, Sub-Relativistic, Possibly Relativistic+ with V1, higher, Possibly SOL with V2
(Option 2 leaves room for the possibly to be a likely if enough consistency is strong enough for it)

Option 3(The Arc Combo Meal): For those that believe Lariat should scale independently from V1(and possibly V2): at least Massively Hypersonic+, Sub-Relativistic with V1, higher with V2, Relativistic+ with Lariat(With room for possibly or likely based on consistency. (How V2 compares to Lariat can be discussed here or in a different thread.)

Option 4: We forget about this thread and go get some food, I'm thinking Mexican food.

I'm curious to see what you all think.

Agree: Testarossa002(Option 1), Halkum145(Option 3), emircaw(Option 1), RanaProGamer, Tdjwo(Option1), GokuSparkle(Option 1), SOULOFCINDERX(Option 1), LordTracer(Option 3), Milly_Rocking_Bandit(Option 1), GTsek(Option 3), , Greatsage13th, narutosage15(Option 1)

Neutral: Nierre, Deceived3596(Leaning Disagree)

Disagree: Damage3245(Willing to compromise with Option 3 if further staff input is also in agreement), Lynieryz, Shadowbokunohero, Arc7Kuroi

Last edited:
Why is the Light Fang special if several people have relative speed to it?"

The Light Fang in both Anime and Manga is never portrayed as a particularly special Jutsu. Madara uses it in a close-quarters situation one time to try tagging Naruto while he is blocking Limbo. Not only do Naruto and Sasuke never make note that the Jutsu was particularly fast or even mention it at all. Madara never even attempts to use it again despite it being his only Projectile Jutsu that requires no hand signs or even hands. The only thing that even makes this Jutsu special in our eyes is that it has a clearly defined speed given by WOG which is a rarity for most Jutsu in Naruto.
I mean
Naruto could dodge this mid air and without the aid of flight
If anyone feels the light fang is a contradiction, just give everybody from KCM 1 to night guy relativistic+

If anyone feels the light fang is a contradiction, just give everybody from KCM 1 to night guy relativistic+
That's definitely going to be contentious but if this gets passed next up will be a thread discussing speed scaling.

Could probably go over your Boruto stuff then too.

Which stance are you leaning towards?

That's definitely going to be contentious but if this gets passed next up will be a thread discussing speed scaling.

Could probably go over your Boruto stuff then too.

Which stance are you leaning towards?
Option 1
The reason the ratings were nuked before was because it had someone like Minato at 25c which contradicted their interpretation of the light fang feat
Really hope your interpretation fares well here

that's funny I was just about to say I'm patiently waiting for KT and Damage lol

My initial stance is to disagree with this btw, but I'll make an extended post to elaborate on why when I have the time.

the speed of lightning varies a lot so other characters being able to react or counter lightning doesn't mean it's a contradiction for Ay to be lightning speed.

doesn't it make sense that the Raikage's combat speed and attacks are the speed of light? Even in base mode he can withstand Mabui's light-speed transportation jutsu and nothing happens to his body, different from Tsunade who has to use the Byakugou mark on her head to hold it so that her body doesn't torn apart. so I agree. (It's inconsistent if his body is in base mode to survive the light-speed Mabui transportation jutsu but his attack and combat speeds are below the speed of light, what we know is that the Raikage is very proud of his speed.

doesn't it make sense that the Raikage's combat speed and attacks are the speed of light? Even in base mode he can withstand Mabui's light-speed transportation jutsu and nothing happens to his body, different from Tsunade who has to use the Byakugou mark on her head to hold it so that her body doesn't torn apart. so I agree. (It's inconsistent if his body is in base mode to survive the light-speed Mabui transportation jutsu but his attack and combat speeds are below the speed of light, what we know is that the Raikage is very proud of his speed.
That wouldn't innately prove The Raikage would have Combat Speeds at, or around the speed of light. People can be durable enough to withstand an X amount of force but not be able to exert said X amount of force, this would be similarly applicable in this instance, one can be durable enough to withstand X amount of kinetic energy generated through moving at Y amount of speed, but wouldn't inherently be capable of moving at Y amount of speed normally. You'd have to find evidence which supports the claim that Raikage moves at the speed of light specifically, this would at best be supplemental evidence.

the speed of lightning varies a lot so other characters being able to react or counter lightning doesn't mean it's a contradiction for Ay to be lightning speed.
it's not an automatic contradiction but it is very unlikely that the "fastest shinobi since Minato" is only lightning speed if younger jonin are already at that level.

Besides, there seems to be a lot more Light Speed/Light-like lore surrounding the 4th Raikage and people on his tier of speed than lightning speed.

it's also far more consistent with scaling too.

Last edited:
That wouldn't innately prove The Raikage would have Combat Speeds at, or around the speed of light. People can be durable enough to withstand an X amount of force but not be able to exert X amount of force, this would be similarly applicable in this instance, one can be durable enough to withstand X amount of kinetic energy generated through Y amount of speed, but wouldn't inherently be capable of moving Y amount of speed normally. You'd have to find evidence which supports the claim that Raikage moves at the speed of light specifically, this would at best be supplemental evidence.
Thanks for saving me from having to address that point. It should be pretty obvious that the Raikage moving at such speeds is without precedent as Mabui acknowledges it may be possible for the 4th Raikage to survive it (not due to his own speed/jutsu, mind you, but because of his bloodline) and during the execution of the jutsu the Raikage displays pain just like Tsunade.

While the Raikage had no obvious injuries after the transmission jutsu was completed, showing that he could tank such force, it clearly wasn't a given that he could do so when they prepared to use it.

The First Option and its supports look good. I agree with Option One. But the Lightning speed phenomenon is variable.

Well, after Kirin got accepted as light speed. I’d say this makes sense now and is more consistent with all the early light speed statements. Though I think a calc for Itachi would also help support this.

Well, after Kirin got accepted as light speed. I’d say this makes sense now and is more consistent with all the early light speed statements. Though I think a calc for Itachi would also help support this.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with Kirin.

I was talking about consistency. Since other examples like Kid Kakashi and whatnot was brought up.
Unless a calc has been brought up for Kid Kakashi, then Kid Kakashi is also irrelevant.

I see I'll have to cover this bit in my response post.

Agreed with option 1.

If Haku and Mifune are already accepted as SOL tamers, then Raikage and Darui should also be accepted.

I agree w 1
Thanks for saving me from having to address that point. It should be pretty obvious that the Raikage moving at such speeds is without precedent as Mabui acknowledges it may be possible for the 4th Raikage to survive it (not due to his own speed/jutsu, mind you, but because of his bloodline) and during the execution of the jutsu the Raikage displays pain just like Tsunade.

While the Raikage had no obvious injuries after the transmission jutsu was completed, showing that he could tank such force, it clearly wasn't a given that he could do so when they prepared to use it.
Tbf he was in base

Based on the title, I'm sure some of you can tell that this will be a thread going over the validity of a "light speed" Raikage statement given to us by Databook(1).

This was previously gone over in a separate thread back in 2021 where it was declined for a couple of reasons I want to touch on today.

As far as I can tell from this thread listed above the main reasons for the statement having been declined were differing opinions on interpretations, another conflicting Naruto Speed CRT going on at the time, and some that believed this was an outlier or that it would lead to inconsistent scaling.

KVkrXqf.jpeg

光の如きスピードで突進しながら

“Used to describe something that is like something else but isn’t actually” aka simile

The "goto" set of adverb/adjectives is used to call something something else as simile, for example "float like a butterfly sting like a bee" he isn't actually floating like a butterfly or stinging with his ass he's merely light on his feat and strong with his jabs
"he moves like light, but he's not actually moving the same as light" all it means is "similar to how light is perceived as super fast, the Raikage is also super fast" it is not saying "Raikage moves at light speed"

gotoki doesn't always imply that the comparison is non-literal, but it can be used that way

Ka is か or カ

https://sgp1.digitaloceanspaces.com/proletarian-library/books/1128c6eebeaace3439a924f7ceea5738.pdf

To make an argument for the statement still being usable though, there are two interpretations of it. That the sentence is comparing his speed to light literally (which from the looks of things, the word can be used for), or that it's a simile and is comparing his speed to light non-literally. However, if we're saying the Mifune statement is still fine, then it would be consistent for him to actually be on that level of speed. So with other contexts supporting it, it might be fair to interpret it as a literal comparison.
For example, one of the example sentences where it's used is "She is like Mona Lisa, always smiling."

Version 1: The statement is non-literal and the Raikage can't move at near-light speeds

Version 3: Near Light Speed Raikage is literal and the figure of speech comes from him being compared to actual light.

IMO using any of these in isolation would be rather disingenuous to other interpretations as it requires us to assume we know what the author was intending with the statement and assume that one of these interpretations holds more weight than the others which is again disingenuous.

To dissect the validity of the statement I'll be going over which is most consistent with the Source Material.

No, in fact, I believe it is incredibly consistent with the way characters on the Raikage's level of speed are presented, but let's go over some counterpoints from the previous thread and from what I've seen other people say.

The Raikage only being lightning speed would be more contradictory to his lore than him being light speed.

We know due to the manga that a younger Kakashi could cut lightning before it hit the ground.

Guy makes this statement with full confidence in Kakashi's ability to perform feats like this and being someone who knows Kakashi's capabilities better than likely anybody in the series due to being his rival and someone who studies Kakashi's combat proficiency constantly in order to surpass him.

We even have an accepted feat from an early Shippuden Kakashi intercepting Kakazu's lightning.

In short, the Raikage has too many statements of being far faster than people who are faster than Kakashi to be just Lightning Speed.

As for the consistency of Near Light Speed or Light Speed Raikage, we learn in Naruto chapter 529 that a Cloud Shinobi named Mabui has a transportation jutsu called the Heavenly Transfer Jutsu(or Ethereal Transmission) that is capable of moving things at light speeds as stated in the Manga.

In chapter 562, The Cloud Shinobi who uses the Jutsu explains that if a person uses this Jutsu they should be torn apart by the massive speeds and she believes that the 4th Raikage is the only person present that could survive said speeds is the 4th Raikage(and the deceased 3rd Raikage.)

After the Jutsu is used not only does it work but the Raikage looks practically uninjured and immediately starts fighting.

"Why didn't the Raikage just run to the battlefield if he's relative to light speed?"

This is all referring to Combat Speeds, I think it's well established(and hopefully I don't have to spend time arguing this point) that Shinobi don't amp their travel speeds at anywhere near the same levels as their Combat/Short Distance Travel speeds.

It doesn't make sense narratively for there to be light-speed Jutsu in Naruto besides Light Fang/But Outlier tho???

I hear this a lot but again nothing indicates Light Fang is special, and we have other Light speed Jutsu statements from both in Manga sources as well as WOG databooks: Haku's Mirrors, Mifune's Kyuubi Amp'd sword slash, the Heavenly Transfer Jutsu, as well as Kirin.

Smaller Points that I didn't want to focus on too much but add to the consistency of this.

- Mifune, a samurai who is likely slower than the Raikage has a WOG statement that with a 1 tailed Kyubbi Cloak his issen sword slashes move at light speed.
  • Darui, a member of the Raikage's personal guard uses Storm Release(Gale Style), the same Kekkai Genkai as Light Fang. his Gale Style is shown having several of the properties of light and is referred to several times as Beams.
  • Ay states he was the fastest Shinobi since Minato who he considered a rival(Tsunade acknowledges and agrees with Ay here), a revived Minato could react and move through a battle that contained 8th Gate Guy and Six Paths Madara(the guy who should scale to his own light fangs speed.)

Based on all of this information I have laid out I have a couple of different proposals.

(BTW These Proposals do use the fan terms for Ay's regular lightning cloak and his top speed as V1 and V2 respectively if that needs to be changed lmk.)

Option 1: If votes are in favor of this method compared to how he is currently scaled I propose we change Ay to Relativistic+ with V1, higher, possibly SOL with V2
(The reason for the possibly SOL is due to the near-light speed statement made for Lariat which is not his top speed this could also be applied as likely SOL with V2 if enough people agree with it)

Option 2: If votes are split and there is some room for different interpretations after we discuss this we can rate it as: At least Massively Hypersonic+, Possibly Relativistic+ with V1, higher, Possibly SOL with V2
(Option 2 leaves room for the possibly to be a likely if enough votes are strongly for it)

Option 3: Someone counters all of my points, I get slammed on my neck, and the scaling stays the same.

Agree: Testarossa002(Option 1),

Neutral:

Disagree: Damage3245,
🤔
Based on the title, I'm sure some of you can tell that this will be a thread going over the validity of a "light speed" Raikage statement given to us by Databook(1).

KVkrXqf.jpeg

光の如きスピードで突進しながら

Ka is か or カ

We even have an accepted feat from an early Shippuden Kakashi intercepting Kakazu's lightning.

In short, the Raikage has too many statements of being far faster than people who are faster than Kakashi to be just Lightning Speed.

After the Jutsu is used not only does it work but the Raikage looks practically uninjured and immediately starts fighting.

I hear this a lot but again nothing indicates Light Fang is special, and we have other Light speed Jutsu statements from both in Manga sources as well as WOG databooks: Haku's Mirrors, Mifune's Kyuubi Amp'd sword slash, the Heavenly Transfer Jutsu, as well as Kirin.

- Mifune, a samurai who is likely slower than the Raikage has a WOG statement that with a 1 tailed Kyubbi Cloak his issen sword slashes move at light speed.
  • Darui, a member of the Raikage's personal guard uses Storm Release(Gale Style), the same Kekkai Genkai as Light Fang. his Gale Style is shown having several of the properties of light and is referred to several times as Beams.
  • Ay states he was the fastest Shinobi since Minato who he considered a rival(Tsunade acknowledges and agrees with Ay here), a revived Minato could react and move through a battle that contained 8th Gate Guy and Six Paths Madara(the guy who should scale to his own light fangs speed.)

(BTW These Proposals do use the fan terms for Ay's regular lightning cloak and his top speed as V1 and V2 respectively if that needs to be changed lmk.)

Option 1: If votes are in favor of this method compared to how he is currently scaled I propose we change Ay to Relativistic+ with V1, higher, possibly SOL with V2
(The reason for the possibly SOL is due to the near-light speed statement made for Lariat which is not his top speed this could also be applied as likely SOL with V2 if enough people agree with it)

Option 2: If votes are split and there is some room for different interpretations after we discuss this we can rate it as: At least Massively Hypersonic+, Possibly Relativistic+ with V1, higher, Possibly SOL with V2
(Option 2 leaves room for the possibly to be a likely if enough votes are strongly for it)

Option 3: Someone counters all of my points, I get slammed on my neck, and the scaling stays the same.

Agree: Testarossa002(Option 1),

Neutral:

Disagree: Damage3245,
I still don't know why people think Light fang is an outlier to other light speed statements tho, just because kishimoto uses the flowery language "impossible to dodge" which is literally contradicted by Naruto reacting to it from a good distance away + kishimoto uses hyper up language for attacks even false darkness the lightning jutus is also stated the be "extremely hard to dodge because of it's high speed " but kakashi outspeeds it from serval meters away and shinkamaru at least in the anime is shown to casually dodge it while comboing with kakashi .
Those impossible to dodge or extremely hard to dodge statement most likely only applies to fodders of the Verse
And we can take into account "issen" which is also stated to be a light speed slash / heat rays
Would make sense that the fastest ninja would have some level of relativity to such and it's heavily implied that all the samurais can use issen

But the main reason why I'm not so sure of agreeing is because of the kanji interpretations

So let me comment on the OP's arguments before stating my own opinion.

I think generally speaking I agree with the first major point of the OP. Not all comparisons using "like" or "as" are hyper-non-literal, there is definitely lots of precedence for using "like/as" (simile language) to draw very similar comparisons. So, I agree with the notion that using "like/as" isn't an inherent debunk to the statement, basically I'll parrot the notion from Cyber that you quoted.

I agree that Ay's body can withstand lightspeed movement. Even if in base it caused him some pain, he was clearly uninjured and in his V1/2 states his durability is even higher. So yes Ay's body (especially when amped) is durable enough to survive moving at the SoL. That doesn't mean he is as fast as light, rather that it isn't inherently contradictory for him to move that fast.

The last point I agree with as well, the idea that lightspeed is not foreign to the verse. We have Sasuke being able to produce prep time lightspeed attacks and Naruto can amp Mifune to the point of being able to produce lightspeed attacks. While slower characters (than Ay) can react to lightning (meaning Ay should be faster than ~lightning), that's not exactly strong support. The difference between the average lightning speed vs lightspeed is almost 1000x (4.4e5 vs 3e8), so even if Kid Kakashi was lightning speed (not provable since we don't see how he chopped lightning), Ay could be like a 100x faster (and that is a rather massive gap) and he still wouldn't be lightspeed. So, while I can agree that lightspeed attacks isn't unheard of in the verse, I don't agree that being faster than a lightning speed character is strong support for lightspeed.

My own opinion on the matter is as follows, Ay can be "possibly" or "likely" Rel+ with his Lariat. TMK Lariat is a move that has Ay and Killer B charge up first and gain some speed, so I don't think that V1 Ay is always moving at nigh-lightspeeds if he needs to get some momentum going. I also don't know if V2's base movement speed would be inherently beyond a V1 Lariat, since Lariat seems to build up some momentum by charging over a distance before reaching the target. Obviously a V2 Lariat would be faster than a V1 Lariat, and Ay's top speed would be his Lariat speed. So ig his speed could look something like this: At least MHS+ (current base rating), higher with V1, far higher with V2, even higher, possibly Rel+ with his top speeds (When building up speed he can approach the SoL as seen with his Lariat).

i dont have an inherent issue with Ay's lariat given this speed, given the highest interpretation of lightning is borderline sub rel, and these moves are ambiguously massive amps.

At least MHS+ (current base rating), higher with V1, far higher with V2, even higher, possibly Rel+ with his top speeds (When building up speed he can approach the SoL as seen with his Lariat).
I generally agree with a full rel+ scaling. no reason not to get full scaling

Mifune, in that state, has no scaling to the Raikage and likewise for the Raikage to him. This is not relevant.

Darui, a member of the Raikage's personal guard uses Storm Release(Gale Style), the same Kekkai Genkai as Light Fang. his Gale Style is shown having several of the properties of light and is referred to several times as Beams.
Darui is not accepted to be lightspeed. This is not relevant.

Ay states he was the fastest Shinobi since Minato who he considered a rival(Tsunade acknowledges and agrees with Ay here), a revived Minato could react and move through a battle that contained 8th Gate Guy and Six Paths Madara(the guy who should scale to his own light fangs speed.)
Minato doesn't scale to either 8th Gate Guy or Six Paths Madara. Are we forgetting that Madara utterly fodderized Minato while Minato executing a surprise attack on him? This is not relevant.

The Light Fang is considered to be virtually undodgeable according to the databook (the same source as where lightspeed is given for the jutsu's speed) and never mind the fact that Naruto in Six Paths Sage Mode managed to dodge it... It has been established that KCM1 Naruto can outspeed the Raikage, and SPSM Naruto is much faster than his earlier self... The Raikage is not up at this level of speed.

Ay's body handling light-speed movement =/= Ay can fight at light-speed. This was covered up abvoe though so I won't dwell on it.

Unless Kakashi has a calc for this feat, I don't want to hear it. I'm sick of hearing this being brought up as if it has any relevancy on the Raikage's speed.

Saying "Kid Kakashi cut lightning so the Raikage must be much faster than lightning speed" is nonsensical. It is not a solid speed value. This is like saying "A character dodged a bullet so this other faster character must be at least Hypersonic."

Do you know what kind of speeds you can get from someone dodging a bullet? Superhuman. Subsonic. Supersonic. Hypersonic. Etc. It all matters on context; simply dodging a bullet is not an inherent speed value. Same for this vague, unseen feat of Kakashi cutting lightning. It's not relevant and it should stop being brought up.

What the hell does this have to do with the Raikage? Care to explain instead of just bringing it up and acting like it is obvious?

What? Where is the Raikage currently rated as "lightning speed"? The Raikage's V1 state is rated as Sub-Relativistic.

There is so much that is completely not relevant to the topic that is in the OP that I feel like most of it was put there just to pad the OP out and make it look like the proposals have more weight behind them than they do.

The Light Fang is considered to be virtually undodgeable according to the databook (the same source as where lightspeed is given for the jutsu's speed) and never mind the fact that Naruto in Six Paths Sage Mode managed to dodge it... It has been established that KCM1 Naruto can outspeed the Raikage, and SPSM Naruto is much faster than his earlier self... The Raikage is not up at this level of speed.
That is a mistranslation, here's a proper translation:

牙の様に鋭く尖り、光速を誇る一閃は万物を断ち、敵は光線の一振りを防ぐことすら敵わない。
The fang is similar to a tapered blade, boasting a light speed flash it severs all things, the opponent is unable to defend against a single swing of the light ray.

It actually says it cannot be defended against.

That is a mistranslation, here's a proper translation:

牙の様に鋭く尖り、光速を誇る一閃は万物を断ち、敵は光線の一振りを防ぐことすら敵わない。
The fang is similar to a tapered blade, boasting a light speed flash it severs all things, the opponent is unable to defend against a single swing of the light ray.

It actually says it cannot be defended against.
Fair enough.

Unless Kakashi has a calc for this feat, I don't want to hear it. I'm sick of hearing this being brought up as if it has any relevancy on the Raikage's speed.

Saying "Kid Kakashi cut lightning so the Raikage must be much faster than lightning speed" is nonsensical. It is not a solid speed value. This is like saying "A character dodged a bullet so this other faster character must be at least Hypersonic."

Do you know what kind of speeds you can get from someone dodging a bullet? Superhuman. Subsonic. Supersonic. Hypersonic. Etc. It all matters on context; simply dodging a bullet is not an inherent speed value. Same for this vague, unseen feat of Kakashi cutting lightning. It's not relevant and it should stop being brought up.
I definitely agree with this.

Being faster than someone who moves at the speed of lighting isn't good support for you moving at the speed of light/having much higher ends of speed. As the tiering which "speed of lightning" falls under is incredibly vast, with characters being able to be hundreds of times faster than the speed of lightning without even reaching sub-rel levels of speed, much less entire C values of speed. It just means you're unquantifiably faster than someone who moves at the speed of lightning.

It just isn't good support, you can still use it as support, it just isn't very valuable support for your main argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back