• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Game Thread 5

"Another thing. I would advise against trusting her over me, you saw before that I proved my words, I can do so now as well if you wish." The hologram states once more.

[Also by the way A Rank Charisma is a thing that I have because Natural Born Genius so that may be worth taking into account in your distrust of me]

@Crusade

I lead Andrew to my hideout underneath the forest.

I don't want to believe it, but it's possible he's here to spy on me, or as part of an even bigger attack yet to come. I should make sure...

I turn around once we're a decent ways below ground. The room we're in is small enough that running around at our speeds would make combat difficult.

"Andrew, before we go any further, I have to make absolutely sure you're on my side. I know I already said I trust you, and I do, but it's possible that you're being manipulated by them already. In order to make sure that's not the case, I want to cast a spell on you that will make it impossible for you to betray me. You'll still have your free will outside of that of course. I just want to eliminate the possibility that you might turn on me. I don't know what I'd do if that were the case!"

@Dragon

"That depends on how my clones in Egypt and South America do on their own missions. You'll see soon enough, now come along. There's still more work to do above ground... Actually!"

Maybe I can make him useful somehow.

"The homeless are convenient since they won't be missed, but they don't really have many noteworthy skills of their own. Maybe you can use that stealth of yours to find me more useful subjects? Yes, I like that idea. Hmmm.... Can you find me a skilled fighter, an influential figure, or an experienced doctor? Any of the above will do, though I wouldn't mind all three. Maybe you'll find someone who fits all 3 qualifications, hehehe... Oh, and I'll reward you afterwards of course!"

[@Crusade, not meaning as an insult or anything, but are you aware of what you are allowing to happen? You're kinda new to this so it'd be best if you know that you are giving away your autonomy in this RP completely if you allow that to hit you.]

The Divine Phoenix said:
[@Crusade, not meaning as an insult or anything, but are you aware of what you are allowing to happen? You're kinda new to this so it'd be best if you know that you are giving away your autonomy in this RP completely if you allow that to hit you.]
[isn't this warning meta-gaming though?]

[This is meta speak, meaning I'm not warning you in game, just you, the person, I wouldn't want a newbie to not know and end up having their experience ruined]

@Crusade

I smile.

"Thanks. Now just don't move."

I activate Downfall of Castle and Country. After replacing my previous clothes, the dress fires off a dragon shaped beam of light that, once it connects, will allow me total control over Andrew's activities.

@Dragon

"Whatever you want just ask. I didn't really have anything specific in mind."

The Divine Phoenix said:
[This is meta speak, meaning I'm not warning you in game, just you, the person, I wouldn't want a newbie to not know and end up having their experience ruined]
[well, I am aware, but that means nothing for my character. Am I correct?]

[I agree with Phoenix. If you don't want to be mindhaxed just dodge or something (though she obviously won't be happy)

I do want to note that I've no interest in ruining anyone's experience regardless of whether it works. That'd be kind of a dick move. You'll still have autonomy.]

Perfect

I use my weapon creation power to transform the magical energy in the air into matter/ weapons, and if I can in the tight space, block the beam or at least delay it with the created weapons, maybe even transform some of the beam energy too, while dodging. If that works, I activate Unreturning Army.

"My Discerning Eyes skill let me tell you were skilled in deception. You need to work on your trust skills though. Those strengths and weaknesses were a huge tip. You've put yourself in the worst possible position for my Noble Phantasm. Underground in a enclosed area."

@Ed

Fujin picks the snek off of her head and looks at it. "What are you up to small reptile?"

[Also croikey Crusade, thats a big brain play right there, congrats!]

Junkoposter said:
@Ed
Fujin picks the snek off of her head and looks at it. "What are you up to small reptile?"

[Also croikey Crusade, thats a big brain play right there, congrats!]
{well, I was originally going to go along with it, but I remembered Discerning Eyes would give me solid reasons to be suspicious. I am using the meta speak right, right?]

[Goddamn masterfully done]

"WHAT?!"

I underestimated him! I originally planned to rid him of his powers in case he tried to resist, but I thought he was being so naive I wouldn't need to..!

Turns out I was the naive one. Andrew's attacks all ram into Layla, causing her to poof into smoke.

The real Layla learns everything her clone in South America had experienced.

Of course! You're right that I needed to work on my trust skills, Andrew. I trusted your foolish act too much! I won't make the same mistake ever again.

"Well, I was hoping to talk it out with her, but she wasn't even here. Well, could have been worse."

still hate this situatio

"Very impressive." An armor states to Andrew as it exits a newly created portal.

"I can take you to her other locations if you want, or allow you to talk without facing her directly." It states.

The various attacks fail to hit the crystals, before the massive explosion caused by the raging Beach King's plane knocks the entire group back, shattering the six crystals on the Challenger's chest and blowing his right arm and a chunk of his face off. The ice is also massively cracked from the resulting explosions and attacks, causing the terrain to become massively difficult. The Challenger continues to heal and grows another meter.

"So. You've gotten this far. It seems I'm going to have to pull out all the stops to win here."

The Challenger stands his ground, seemingly charging his energy for something big.

"..." Fujin looks at the snake. "For some reason I expected an answer from a snake. Which can't speak." She sighs. "How foolish of me." She pets the snek a little bit while continuing to livestream the fight of Twitch.

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Very impressive." An armor states to Andrew as it exits a newly created portal.
"I can take you to her other locations if you want, or allow you to talk without facing her directly." It states.
"I think I can handle some face to face interaction. I'm fine with going wherever she is."

"The energy absorbed from that explosion should be enough that I can use this again without exhausting myself." Nicholas thinks as energy begins swirling around him.

"Now, an encore." He states as the energy becomes more intense.

"This is the lightning of the Thunder Gods! Behold, once more, the grandeur! System Keraunos!" Nicholas unleashes his Noble Phantasm's true power once more, this time aiming to annihilate the Challenger and whatever power it was gathering.

"She will try to kill you on sight." The armor states.

"Hmmm. Well, if I can talk to her without being fce to face, maybe I can change that so I can."

I make sure to remove my mask and it's effects totally to use my charisma and NP to their highest.

"I concur."

[Charge used]

My skin, or at least what can be assumed to be so, turns black. Pitch black, like it's been burnt to a crisp. A sort of jaw of bone forms around and above my own, like some kind of muzzle. If it were visible, an odd symbol would be seen on my chest.

There was no more fear or possibility of hesistation. Only myself and foe and kill. To achieve said end, hundreds of copies of my arm forms from my back, each holding either Achimedes or Utamaru, still filled to the brim with magic. While I don't know whether Challenger is in any sort of stress that would allow for Ainuki, any effect it would have on me never emerges.

Before I've even finished standing, the hundreds of new arms open fire, filling the air with blasts of magic. There was no definite target, anything even remotely close to Challenger was a target, if only an unintentional one. Only more arms form and add to the barrage over time.

"Well, let us return to the apartment then, from there we'll project a hologram of you to her location." The armor states, opening a portal back to the laboratory.

"Goddamn, that was awesome!"

I stand up and heal the damage from the explosion. Now... I take out a pistol.

"This should be a good time to use this! Sonic Boom!" (Charge Used).

Matter and Antimatter colide and collapse into a quantum distortion. Reality itself breaks at the tip of the gun, and as i pull the trigger, no distance needed to be traveled. It was like it teleported. A ball of dark, unknown energy, inside the Challenger.

It explodes, cracking and destroying time and space in a limited area around him. The shockwaves blow out for miles, creating sounds never before heard by humans. Almost alien.

The blast is aimed to completely and utterly obliterate the Challenger's body into nothing.

He really flew a whole plane into the guy,

Kyouka flies further up and keeps her distance from the Challenger.

Whatever he is charging looks like bad news. Let's see if the others can take him out before he used it.

I shrug and shadowify while leaving the area. As I float around, I pass by a martial arts dojo and hear the master thinking.

Hmm. So there's a rogue student that was pretending to learn for self defense but then ran away after revealing his true nature as that of a bully? How convenient.

I find the student by going to where the master was going to check before the master left the dojo. He was asleep so I picked him up and took him back to the hideout. After arriving, I roll the body over to Layla.

"Here."

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Well, let us return to the apartment then, from there we'll project a hologram of you to her location." The armor states, opening a portal back to the laboratory.
"Alright."

I pass through the portal

The armor follows and the portal closes behind them, they arrive in the lab.

The armor points to a peculiar device, it has a large screen in the front and a circular platform interface in the center.

Seeing as the Challenger was not attacking them, Dilma decided to use Encore, a move that locks the target on his last move used, in this case, charging the attack.

"Ok boys, now is the time to load alot of crap out of him, because right now, he will be doing alot of nothing for a long time"

Dilma shouts to the party

Back