• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Game Thread 5

@Crusade

"I wouldn't rule anything out just yet when we don't know much enough about the others or their powers yet to be sure. I want to keep looking for more information on who ever did this. Will you help me?"

Wait why did I ask him that? Tell him to go away instead!

@Dragon

I'm completely dumbfounded.

It worked on the first try?! C-composure! Just act like this was all part of the plan...

"Wh... What's your name?" I ask in Mandarin.

"Wei Zhang."

"Well, Wei Zhang, how would you like to come work for me? I'll even give you a place to stay."

The man almost breaks into tears. "Thank you, thank you." He says, over and over, now on his knees. I kneel down in front of him and hold him tightly.

"You belong to me now, Wei Zhang." I whisper, before biting into his neck, applying my curse mark. I stare into Silas's eyes as I do so, trying to discern what he might make of all of this.

"Of course. I'll help you in any way I can."

It's probably best if I stick with her. Even if she isn't up to what Nicholas said she was doing, it's still a little suspicious, especially since she seems to want to dodge my questions

@Cru

"Thanks!" I smile.

"I'm stuck here. What do you think we should do first?"

He seems like the type who will be better off taking the lead.

@Drag

I let go of the man.

"Why are you getting so close?!"

Wei immediately starts screaming. Right! I'd forgotten how painful that is to a normal human! I sacrifice one of my snakes to place a sleeping curse on him. It'd be problematic if someone came to investigate.

I pick up his body and start sinking into the ground below.

"I assume you've been following me long enough to know where my hideout is. Let's meet there."

The Challenger slams his hands together and releases a shockwave that blows back Crunkledunk's clones and his attacks back at the group. Eike's bullets and shard pierce his shockwave and hit it's knees, blowing them in and doing serious damage, but not doing much to impede mobility due to him floating. Megalith is unable to hold the crystals much with his telekinesis and does little damage. System Keraunos is unaffected by the shockwave and hits the Challenger head on, cracking the six crystals on his chest. Dilma and Ruby's attacks also hit, cracking those six further. The Challenger then seems to grow another meter, and with a massive burst of speed, appears in front of Ruby and punches her, shattering the bones in her left arm.

"Uh, well, I doubt we can find a easy way to find whoever it is. Best thing we can do is try to discern their motives and stay on our guard, maybe find a way to make sure we can fight whatever it is."

I hate taking the lead, crap.

Dilma couldn't see the Challenger moving, but she certainly heard the sound of broken bones behind her. She quickly turned around and noticed that the one who got hit was her beloved Pyromancer

"YOU BASTARD!" The White Mage shouts with an angry look on her face as she tries to get closer to the Challenger to use her Phase Sword on him, in a War Path, but she quickly got on her senses again when Megalith used teh telekinesis to stop the Challenger.

C'mon Dilma, use your head at least once in your life. It won't be ok if you just put your life in danger, we don't need another combatant down.

Dilma than remembers her conversation with Megalith on the appartment

But even if this is reckless, i won't lose her, i promised

Dilma than used Quick Attack to quickly pick Ruby in her arms, taking caution to not touch her broken arm.

(If it worked) When they are relatively distant from the Challenger, Dilma uses Heal Pulse on Ruby

"It's ok Cutie, your pain will cease in a minute" Dilma says to Ruby, clearly worried about the Pink haired girl condition

Kyouka activates transparency which conceals her presence even more than just the three layer bounded field.

She uses her gravity control to fly upwards and increase gravity on the Challenger while bombarding it with blue flame explosions on the crystals and his body, the damage being increased by her Oblivion Correction skill and Monstrous Strength.

"Shit!" Crunkledunk says upon Ruby being attacked."Well then, I guess I gotta use this" Crunkledunk Simmons his persona Moros to the field and uses Megidon on the challenger's crystals. Simultaneously he gets his Crunkle clones to jump on the Tinker Tank's back as the machine appears to burrow underground.

"Survived even that. Impressive." Nicholas states, he holds both his hands together, shooting a massive repulsor ray from them combined directly at the Challenger's chest and the crystals on it.

"I could tell you who did it." A voice resembling Nicholas' can be heard by Andrew and Layla. A holographic projection of him appears near them.

Seems as though I have a moment.

I quickly, somehow, fit Ento Ju into my pockets, before pulling out another set of pistols. Achimedes and Utamaru. This is dangerous, since Challnger could likely destroy them if he hit them, but they are rather durable. Regardless, I saturate both of them with magic energy, rapidly firing drastically stronger shots at Challenger, specifically aiming for the neck and arms.

Meanwhile, I read through the memories of everyone I can, as they seemed to have known about the president beforehand.

The Divine Phoenix said:
"I could tell you who did it." A voice resembling Nicholas' can be heard by Andrew and Layla. A holographic projection of him appears near them.
"Well, that would probably be very helpful."

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Don't trust a word out of this liar's mouth!. No thanks, we don't need your help now go away."

I wouldn't even consider talking to him if not for Andrew being here.

"I haven't come here to threaten you." The hologram states.

"I also wished to apologize for scaring you like that earlier. That was a bit insensitive of me." It answers.

"I know who it is that did this, in fact my real body is near them right now. Also, I could help your regain your memories if you want that."

"I don't want your help." I pout.

I turn to Andrew.

"If you want to work with him, that's fine. But it's either him or me."

This is good. Either he'll stop listening to Sherlock or he goes with him and I'm free on my own again. Both are fine by me... It's not like I'll miss him right? ...

@Drite

"Thanks for the healing, my arm already feels better."

Ruby says happily Dilma, feeling to be in the opposite situation as yesterday, with the white magician protecting and healing her instead of the opposite.

The fire magician then turns her gaze towards the Challenger.

"Thought, we still need to attack to win, so here comes another Rain Dragon Slayer Cruel Sun !"

She exclaims, as another sphere of flames is launched against the large entity.

Meanwhile, Cane di Pioggia moved closer to the two woman.

There's know way he could- ...you could possibly know that! Just go away.

"I just... It's clear to me now that he's trying to manipulate everyone for some reason. Why else would he have lied about me to everyone? I don't know what his motives are yet, but I wouldn't trust him."

"Well, I'm not going to grill you for details. I'll stick with you for now."

Knowing Nicholas, he already knows this is a good tactic, since I can make sure nothing crazy is going on, and it isn't too important to find out who it is if he already knows. Still, not the best situatio

"Well, as you wish, I won't bother you any further then, though if you want information you are free to ask." The hologram states before vanishing.

"Okay ... it's time to try something more raw!", I exclaim.

Using the power of Pakari I increase my physical strength and then fly against the Challenger, punching one of the crystals and creating a large crater of 50 meters and dept 20 in the process.

"Alright."

I run out of the apartment and find the closest air plane. I take all people inside of it out and take over it. By touching it, i completely modify it into a combat ready machine.

The air plane takes off at mach 5, burning the air around it and causing a sonic shockwave that expands for miles.

I fly it to Antartica, quikly reaching it. Once i am in range of the bad president, i quickly release all weapons, shooting out dozens of missiles at him. I fly directly into the thing, breaking mach 8. Just before hitting the bad president, i jump out of the airplane.

The missiles, combined with the airplane crash, create a giant, nuclear like explosion, expanding across 250 meters.

(Yes, the airplane was boosted to the stat amp cap)

@Crusade

"I... thank you!"

Just great, now I have to keep up this embarrassing act even longer!

"I feel a lot safer with you around. You're the only person I trust.

@Dragon

The hideout is carved into a nearby mountain, and extends to below the city where in certain places it connects to the sewage system.

Layla can be seen creating more vials of her own blood. She sees Silas when he comes in.

"There you are. So, were you able to grow at all Just now?"

The homeless man from before is nowhere to be seen.

I put my hand to my chin.

"I think I need to observe a little longer before anything major occurs. I do see promise though. Where did your new ally go?"

@Crusade

"I want to learn more about this world, the others like us, and where our powers came from, stuff like that. Can you come with me to my base? It's safer to talk in there."

@Dragon

"I prepared a room for him to live from now on. I'll talk to him again once my sleeping curse wears off, but never mind that. There's a great number of homeless left in the surrounding area for me to turn into puppe- I mean soldiers. Once I've gathered maybe... a hundred or so, I'll move onto the next step."

Andrew hears a voice in his ears, another hologram, if small, has been projected very close to his ear.

"You are walking straight into a trap. She has the ability to control your mind, be careful of it. This ability can affect you even if you would resist it normally." He hears.

Interesting. Well, I'll be careful, but at the same time I should be wary of what I'm being told and following blindly. I guess I'll just have to stay on guard.

Back