• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Game Thread 5

She went all the way to China...wow.

I come out of the shadows and grab the bottle from the man before turning to the girl.

"I want to ask you some questions. This isn't about the other guys, I was just curious about you myself."

The attacks hit, nearly slicing the spirit in half.

Suddenly, a blinding light appears.

A 12 Meter tall floating giant appears. It seems the spirit has achieved its truest form.

"I have managed to fully gestate from the time spent in the host body. Perhaps I should solve the beginning of the mystery for you Nicholas. I am called a Challenger, and I am the Challenger of Selfishness, created to destroy the selfish and nothing else. The real battle begins now."

A burning light is emitted from the crystals around the Challenger, which doing some damage to everyone near.

@Dragon

Literal hissing noise.

I jump back and stick to the wall of the alleyway about three fourths of the way up to the roof.

"Wha- Who are you?? Are you with them?!"

They followed me all the way here? I'll just have to kill them all one by one!

I teleport myself to a hundred meters above the challenger, returning in to the golem form.

"Fight against someone of your size!", I say, using the power of Ruru's mask to shoot a ray of light at him.

"I wonder what the Challenger that granted us our power is then." He states out loud.

"It seems it is time for me to take this fight seriously." He claims, a shield around him protects him from the burning light of the crystals.

Nicholas uses his control of magnetism to levitate his blades near him, still imbued with mana burst. He fires two beams of superheated plasma from his hands at the Challenger, while analyzing the new body for weak points and abilities. The two blades are then sent at perfect angles to strike at the most effective points on the enemy.

Dilma than notices the giant thing appears

@Paul

"You know, you couldn't have brought us on a worst time, that thing is massive!"

Dilma says as she sees the Entity's true form

"Anyway, since we're here, i think that there is nothing left besides fight this guy, but that doesn't mean that i won't charge you latter RH"

As Dilma says this, she starts to cough blood, but feeling 4 times stronger than before. She then fired one of her strongest moves at the giant, called Moonblast

@Dragon

Not a threat?

I stare at him quietly for a few seconds before dropping down a bit, still on the wall but a little closer.

"Is that so? Then why did you follow me? And who are you?"

The ray of light harms the Challenger, leaving burns on his body along with the ray of plasma, burning a chunk of his body off. Moonblast also pushes the Challenger back, but is noticeably less effective. The Challenger then begins to heal his wounds, the crystals around him and on his body glowing. Each one fires a ray of light, burning Megalith's shoulder, Nicholas's leg, and hitting Dilma in the foot. Anyone without a charge stone hit by these rays has their Regenerationn slowed.

@Phoenix

Once more, it seems you cannot fully analyze the Challenger, but it seems you can discern numerous things. First, it's powers are opposite to those brought here, but also shares certain similarities of compartmentalization. It also seems to have some ability to gain increased power through combat, though you cannot learn the specifics. It's crystals seem to have some relation to this power.

"The crystals then." Nicholas thinks to himself.

The wounds are healed off by Galvanism. He continues controlling the twin blades to strike at the Challenger, this time targeting the crystals specifically.

He then fires a large matter dissolving beam from his hands at another of the crystals, aiming to destroy it one attack, controlling the blades to return to his side.

Galvanism is readied to absorb any incoming energy attacks.

This is unironically the absolute worst place for us to fight

I back up while shooting at the crystals, trying trying to analyze the powers of as well as try to predict Challenger's attacks and thoughts, subsequently using any of said information to dodge his attacks.

I groan with pain, covering my burned shoulder with one hand.

Then I notice Nicholas hit the crystals.

I squeeze my free hand, the studs on my arm lift up and are fired at the crystals.

[In practice, they are missiles]

"Yeah, I wanted to learn more about you and I wasn't particularly inclined to stay with them as I had been forced to go there. My name is Silas."

I hold out my free hand for a handshake.

The Challenger immediately begins to start flying to dodge as soon as it sees you aim at its crystals. It maneuvers so that the matter beam hits it instead, seemingly only damaging it somewhat. The Challenger's thoughts and powers are difficult to analyze or predict, but ultimately Eike's skill with the guns allows him to hit one of the outer crystals, cracking it heavily. The missiles end up being vaporized by a wave of energy released from the crystals, though Moonblast/Energy Ball hits the cracked crystal, doing even more damage. The Challenger counters with a massive shockwave attack from its fists, knocking everyone back, and fires a massive energy ray at Dilma.

Nicholas absorbs the energy ray fired at Dilma and is unmoved by the shockwaves thanks to his shields.

He begins firing repeated matter dissolving beams at multiple crystals, predicting the movements of the Challenger to boost the likelihood of it hitting the crystals.

What does he want from me?

"Why? What point is there in learning about me? I don't even know anything about myself, not that I expect you to believe me."

Crunkledunk grins and starts laughing. It would have seemed as if he wasn't doing anything before, but he is surrounded by 2 force fields and seems to have been- preparing something... Suddenly around 4 dozen portals appear on the areas of greatest combat application (behind rocks, not in direct line of sight of the president, and a very good range)- and a bigger portal also opens. Leaving it is a large metal structure; appearing to have had a new paint job, it also appears to be surrounded by a few forcefields. Crunkledunk laughs and says "Marvel at the TinkerTank 2.0!" And then shoots his existence erasure gun at the crystals.

Kyouka manifests several scythes which branch out from her and try to stab at the Challenger and some of the crystals on him.

Seeing that her attacked worked and that Nicholas was absorbing any incoming energy attack, Dilma starts to spam the combination of Energy Ball and Moonblast at the crystals

Using the power of the Mahiki mask, I create a real illusion of a dozen gatlings that shoot plasma bullet at the cristals.

Ruby is angry about being forcefully teleported, but she realizes it's not the right moment to do complains.

The fire magician, being greatly empovered by Sunshine because of the current time of the day, joins in to the fray, moving her right arm foward and shouting

"Dragon Slayer Cruel Sun !"

As she shoots a large sphere of flames against the Challenger [and his energy ray in case Phoenix wasn't fully able to stop it].

Meanwhile, Cane di Pioggia is summoned and fires Rain Flames against the crystals, which reduce the speed of anything they hit, may it be people or even attacks.

While firing, I move over to Kyouka.

"You have the abikity to awaken powers within others, correct? If you do so to me, we could probably finish this fight a lot more easily."

"Well, there was the newest armor I was working on." The new armor activates, answering Amy.

"I preferred to have better transport abilities, as such I created an armor that could open portals to anywhere on Earth, among other things." The armor states.

Eike senses the presence that was previously there is still here, it seems to react to what he said to Kyouka.

Kyouka looks towards Eike

"Yes I do, you must first consent to it. I can see within you that your origin is "Bullet" just say the word and I can awaken it."

Kyouka reaches out a hand towards Eike

He would feel something deep within his being awaken and feel new power course through him, now knowledgable about his origin and able to utilize it.

As before, it is difficult to analyze or predict the Challenger's movements, so it is difficult to aim precisely at the crystals, the matter beams and bullets hitting it directly, which are starting to be healed off. The Tinker Tank's beam is fired, but misses due to the same reasons. Through all this, Dilma's Attack hits, shattering the crystal that was broken earlier. The Challenger grabs the incoming Cruel Sun and is heavily burned by the fire, though the rain flames are blown away by the force of the technique. The Challenger seems to increase in size to some degree and swats back the plasma bullets, charging at Eike.

Of course

I jump back, stomping the ground to shatter the ice. Using pre-existing magic and my newly awakened Origin, I hold all of the shards in place, firing them up into Challenger when he gets close enough for them all to hit him. I also continue firing, mainly aiming for joins, specifically those on his legs.

the Clones buff up Crunkledunk and the Tinker tanks speed and give them damage boosts, as well as reducing the speed of the tinker tank. This takes 5 Clones to do and the rest fire a volley of attacks at the challenger- making sure that they fire far enough apart from each other that they reduce any possibility of the challengers current speed being able to dodge it. The tinker tank and Crunkledunk also launches attacks, using their now greatly superior speed to react to any of the Challengers movements

"Hmm. Well, I don't like using this much power often, but you are quite the impressive foe, so here it is." Nicholas states, energy begins to swirl around him.

He raises his hand as the swirling becomes more intensive.

"This is the lightning of the Thunder Gods! Behold, the grandeur! System Keraunos!"

Unleashing the true power of his Noble Phantasm and using up the energy he had absorbed from the beam, Nicholas aims it at annihilating the crystals specifically.

Back