• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Game Thread 5

Hl3 or bust said:
That was weird. Someone else with powers must've been there before me......

I start heading back to Atlanta.
You hear a woman's voice in your head

I expected more of a fight from you. A little disappointing, but it's alright. I'll find you again another time.

@Drite

"I don't think it was just luck."

Ruby then gently caresses the left side of Dilma's head.

"You are a wonderful woman with a kind heart."

The pyro mancer says while doing warm smile

Crunkledunk wakes up "Ah, huh- I went to sleep. Not surprising, the sun took ages. It was kinda nice though- in an insanely slow way"

@Overlord

Dilma than gives a surprise look to Ruby, that is quickly replaced by a smile

"It may be both, i never knew that i would start to care about someone again until i met you, thank you Ruby, i owe you possibly my entire my life"

She than hugged Ruby. A tear could be seen escaping Dilma's eye, but was quickly removed by her hand

The Divine Phoenix said:
"While it is unlikely we can eliminate the entity itself as of yet, we can remove its host, which is the goal, its growth seems to have slowed, which is good, though they are still a threat. It takes time for them to gain power in a new body, as such if we were to remove the current one, their power and likely influence would wane, this would likely aid in us learning more about them, as well as helping deal with the issue of them having as much political power as they do." Nicholas explains.
"Interesting, but are we going to have to kill the President too to fix it?"

Hl3 or bust said:
I quickly reach Atlanta, and search around to see if anything is off like before.
Atalanta is mostly empty, with people having seemingly begun to leave it en masse due to all the insanity that started there. Outbound traffic is terrible though.

"The president's abilities are mostly defensive, if we can immobilize him with the device I had Crunkledunk construct and bring him here, we may be able to fix it without having to kill the human body. I would need to analyze him more directly to see if this is possible. If this fails, we will have to eliminate him." He explains.

"As I said, I had Crunkledunk construct a device to immobilize him, when this is done we would teleport him here for analysis. Of course this is the optimal outcome, not by any means the most likely."

"The issue is that we'd have to actually reach him first, right? I can see a lot of trouble coming from that more than anything else."

Hl3 or bust said:
Hm

I start heading for DC again.
It seems DC has become heavily guarded since your last visit, with a blockade. As expected though, you sneak past fairly easily.

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Not particularly. Reaching him should be rather simple, though he will likely detect us."
"Maybe. Do you know anything about his motives or personality that would be helpful?"

I followed the snake that was the original as I knew which one it was by their thought process. During my following, I maintained my shadow state.

"As you wish." As he states this, an announcement plays over the Apartment.

"We should begin moving, the plan is to immobilize and capture the president, teleporting him here, after which we would analyze him and attempt to sever him from the entity's grasp. If this fails, we will have to resort to lethal means. Are those who have joined this ready to engage?"

Hl3 or bust said:
On my qay in, I read the memories of security personel to determine the exact situation
You find out about the new President and about the events that have transpired with searching for the five targets, which include you

Why does this feel like a challenge......

I head for the White House, taking special effort to not even have the possibility of being seen

I try to sneek into and through the building, using all of my sensory and predictive abilities, reading memories along the way to discern where the nee president precisely is.

Hl3 or bust said:
I try to sneek into and through the building, reading memories along the way to discern where the nee president precisely is.
He is currently in the Oval Office oddly

Entering spirit form, I head for the office, but go through the floor near the kain window rather than the normal entrance.

Hl3 or bust said:
Entering spirit form, I head for the office, but go through the floor near the kain window rather than the normal entrance.
You manage to get in the Office. Suddenly, the President turns to where you are.

"Well, Eike, it seems I have now reached a point where I can spot you. I have been expecting you either way"

The President attempts to dodge, but is hit in the chest instead. He immediately is blown back and is bloodied

"Gah. Well, I was hoping to avoid this. Well, you came here to kill me right? Do so."

As Nicholas was awaiting the others to join him, something unusual happened at the White House.

Eike and likely the President could sense the presence of someone with them, watching, not attacking, simply watching for the moment.

The President's head is blown clean off. From stump, a large amount of blue energy begins flowing out, steadily increasing in strength.

Weird

I go over to the president's corpse, cutting off his thumb and replacing ny own with it, with the original being promptly vaporized by gunfire, before leaving out the main entrance in spirit form.

Before you can do that, the blue energy forms a odd looking hand that grabs yours. You hear a deep voice.

"That is deeply unfortunate, Eike. Very unfortunate indeed."

"Well, our plans may need to change." Nicholas states to the others.

"Eike is currently engaging the president, or, well, the entity." He announces, as does his system to everyone in the apartment.

The presence continues observing the events unfold.

My expression doesn't change as Thunderer takes effect, allowing me to rapidly fire into the arm as I jerk my own away from the body.

Back