• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Rem's actions were understandable, but still unjustified. But they also never actually happened which is why it isn't held against her. Otto literally pushed Subaru to near-certain death in a lost loop, Garfiel slaughtered tens of innocent villagers in a lost loop, Meili killed Subaru numerous times in lost loops.

And this is gonne be an extreme example
Otto under some certain extreme conditions raped, tortured and murdered lets say Rem or Emilia. Now Subaru resets the loop but nobody will ever forgive Otto for doing that right?
What if the world was made of pudding

Rem's actions were understandable, but still unjustified. But they also never actually happened which is why it isn't held against her.
Unlike other people she wasnt affected by outside factors
Otto literally pushed Subaru to near-certain death in a lost loop
the white whales death threats were driving him insane along with his passive mind hax
Garfiel slaughtered tens of innocent villagers in a lost loop,
He was a mindless beast
Meili killed Subaru numerous times in lost loops.
She is a ******* traumatized child who was only taught to kill if anything goes wrong. What do you expect?
What if the world was made of pudding
It did be way more yummy

It kinda was, since Subaru acting Sus as what drive her to torture him. She never does so in other loops.
She is a ******* traumatized child who was only taught to kill if anything goes wrong. What do you expect?
If you gonna use trauma as a excuse, Rem also have trauma with the witch cultist and hates them, and this guy with the witch scent would most definitely make her kinda angry. She don't even do anything until Subaru was the one making suspscious moves.

Subaru, a man completely unknown to everybody and with no history whatsoever, just so happens to get involved with a Royal Candidate- whom herself is a Silver-haired Amethyst-eyed Half-Elf. This man upon waking up before your eyes screams in shock at you and is absolutely coated with Miasma, which you have only ever smelled on Witch Cultists, more Miasma than you has ever smelled on a person in your life. You know for a fact that Witch Cultists have attacked you at the mansion when you were a child, as well. This man appears familar with both the Mansion and its residents, then asks to be treated as a guest as reward for assisting the Half-Elf, and he spends 2 days mooching off of Roswaal while spending most of his time with the Half-Elf. He then tells your sister a story no-one has ever heard before, one about a red and blue Oni which reflects Rem & Ram's history. After a few days he leaves the Mansion, but then you spot him just outside of it that night, staking it out while armed with a knife.

Rem is understandable.

Nah bro

you arent even making sense? Why would he responsible for his death when he hasnt even done anything?
I've pointed out right afterwards EXCEPT IT ISNT HIS FAULT, my g

anybody with a little bit of brain would realize that maybe just maybe that random smell isnt necessarily on all witch cultists
The smell was killing her my g, that's the thing
plus his actions which had no animosity at that point (yk like how Ram and Roswaal handled that situation)
Saying the way Subaru acts had no animosity is just wrong mate
The first try's breakfast. Just that is enough to say a ton of things lmfao

Only very specific people can actually smell Subarus miasma and only Rem has that ability in vol 2
Not at all
See, Beako also notices the smell when they actually talk and she's not trying to just take that "annoying random visitor" outta the library
And Roswaal is implied to be superior to both Rem and Beako and a mysterious dude, so we can't know 100% sure but there is a good reason to believe he did notice that.
Ram mercy killed Subaru because she didnt want to see him or Rem suffer anymore
Yeah, and we made clear that it's most likely that she noticed the smell and let things get to that state
So she's an asshole not, again, the person who literally died from trying to tank that smell.
Not only Ram but Roswaal who most likely noticed too and the Witch, who caused all of this, are the douches of this entire situation, not Rem.

You and a guy are Locked on a room in your house. You don't know the guy, he appeared outta nowhere and is on a, idk, special suit covered on Sulfuric Acid and is coming at you saying "hi, I'm Fulano, nice to meet you" wanting to shake your hand.
Are you an asshole for not shaking his hand because it's covered in sulfuric acid that will hurt you if you do? Are you the asshole because you want him to be away from you or else you may get hurt?

Yes it's a strange example but you got the idea.
It's 100% OK if you don't like the character, that's also 100% on you
But saying she's bad for that reason is like ???????

You've said this a few times, what do you mean? Subaru produces more Miasma than the vast majority of people who produce it, but doesn't produce enough that it's deadly.
My conclusion is based entirely on interpretation of the happenings in volume 2 (I don't even know what Miasma is, never saw this word before on the book)
It's simple: she killed him because he was acting sus but mainly because he smelled like "the Witch" (idek what Witch is that). When she doesn't fight and kill him, she suddenly, outta nowhere, with no signs of fighting, lies dead on her bed.
So this makes me think that the smell was killing her, that's why she murdered Subaru 3 times (2, actually, since Ram hit him on the 3rd one, buy you got the idea).

Even if this wasn't causing physical damage or if she wasn't dying because of it, she had her reasons to see Subaru as a threat in potential (mainly on the 3rd try when he was spying the mansion with a knife in hand instead of just go away with Roswaals money)

So this makes me think that the smell was killing her, that's why she murdered Subaru 3 times (2, actually, since Ram hit him on the 3rd one, buy you got the idea).
Ok I decided to check that chapter in Volume 2 to make sure I wasn't gaslighting myself.

It says in Chapter 5, Section 8, that Rem wad killed by the Curse that killed Subaru the first time in the Mansion, and crippled him the second time (before Rem smashed his head in, The Sound of Chains).

Whoever cursed Subaru to die in those loops, instead used it on Rem for some reason in that last loop.

Ok I decided to check that chapter in Volume 2 to make sure I wasn't gaslighting myself.

It says in Chapter 5, Section 8, that Rem wad killed by the Curse that killed Subaru the first time in the Mansion, and crippled him the second time (before Rem smashed his head in, The Sound of Chains).

Whoever cursed Subaru to die in those loops, instead used it on Rem for some reason in that last loop.
I misinterpreted that part then
I was sure that Subaru only thought it was a curse, but then it revealed to be Rem who killed him.
That's 100% my bad, ty for the clarification.

But still, my point is that Rem's not an asshole because she had reasons to mistreat (reads murder) Subaru, and fortunately this isn't the only one

Nah bro

I've pointed out right afterwards EXCEPT IT ISNT HIS FAULT, my g

The smell was killing her my g, that's the thing

Saying the way Subaru acts had no animosity is just wrong mate
The first try's breakfast. Just that is enough to say a ton of things lmfao

Not at all
See, Beako also notices the smell when they actually talk and she's not trying to just take that "annoying random visitor" outta the library
And Roswaal is implied to be superior to both Rem and Beako and a mysterious dude, so we can't know 100% sure but there is a good reason to believe he did notice that.

Yeah, and we made clear that it's most likely that she noticed the smell and let things get to that state
So she's an asshole not, again, the person who literally died from trying to tank that smell.
Not only Ram but Roswaal who most likely noticed too and the Witch, who caused all of this, are the douches of this entire situation, not Rem.

You and a guy are Locked on a room in your house. You don't know the guy, he appeared outta nowhere and is on a, idk, special suit covered on Sulfuric Acid and is coming at you saying "hi, I'm Fulano, nice to meet you" wanting to shake your hand.
Are you an asshole for not shaking his hand because it's covered in sulfuric acid that will hurt you if you do? Are you the asshole because you want him to be away from you or else you may get hurt?

Yes it's a strange example but you got the idea.
It's 100% OK if you don't like the character, that's also 100% on you
But saying she's bad for that reason is like ???????
Subaru, a man completely unknown to everybody and with no history whatsoever, just so happens to get involved with a Royal Candidate- whom herself is a Silver-haired Amethyst-eyed Half-Elf. This man upon waking up before your eyes screams in shock at you and is absolutely coated with Miasma, which you have only ever smelled on Witch Cultists, more Miasma than you has ever smelled on a person in your life. You know for a fact that Witch Cultists have attacked you at the mansion when you were a child, as well. This man appears familar with both the Mansion and its residents, then asks to be treated as a guest as reward for assisting the Half-Elf, and he spends 2 days mooching off of Roswaal while spending most of his time with the Half-Elf. He then tells your sister a story no-one has ever heard before, one about a red and blue Oni which reflects Rem & Ram's history. After a few days he leaves the Mansion, but then you spot him just outside of it that night, staking it out while armed with a knife.

Rem is understandable.
I really really dont want to go through the long ass essay i made to copy and paste whenever this arguement was brought up again so lets just agree to disagree here

Also i thought beako referencing her ability to smell miasma was in vol 3 but anyways nobody aside from her, garfiel and Rem can actually smell the miasma in Emilia's camp. Also Subaru's iasma levels arent deadly atleast for now, Rem will actually smell Subaru in a much much much worse conditon later on and be completely fine so dont worry

SPOILERS FOR THE SIDE STORIES

I just realized but doesnt Rem like to secretly smell Subaru????

SPOILERS FOR THE SIDE STORIES

I just realized but doesnt Rem like to secretly smell Subaru????
Where do you take that info?

Iirc, she said that Subaru witch scent kinda dismish or became less as time goes on, so she as fine after a while.

Last edited:
Folks may be interested in this.

Top Tiers gonna get upgraded to higher Tier 6 or even as high as Tier 5... eventually.

Also, if the new R>F stuff does in fact pass, and if at the end of Re:Zero the Observers qualify for it, we could end up with something as ridiculous as 1-A Reinhard 😭
can you send me like info on R>F stuff

Top Tiers gonna get upgraded to higher Tier 6 or even as high as Tier 5... eventually.

Also, if the new R>F stuff does in fact pass, and if at the end of Re:Zero the Observers qualify for it, we could end up with something as ridiculous as 1-A Reinhard 😭
The R>F looks totally metaphorical now that i think about It.
Unfortunelly.

Yeah I'm not sure how likely it is for the R>F stuff to go through. Uts not the first time we've gotten similar statements of an R>F like thing that's metaphorical, with how the world being created by Od Laguna was compared to the world being "painted" by it.

Huh, I never interpreted Od Lagna "reconstructing the world" around Subaru as R>F, metaphorical or otherwise, before rereading it. Interesting.

――The white world flakes away and the coloured world is reconstructed on the other side.
God's colossal paintbrush was blotting out the blankness, adding colour to the world.
It was such an exotic sensation, as if he were trapped in a colourless space and watching the world being painted with colour from within.
He had heard the legend of God creating the world in seven days, but it did not seem like God had necessarily assembled the building blocks of the world within seven days; it rather felt as if God had painted it out on the colourless canvas.
――the cradle of Od Laguna. "The Hall of Memories."
Natsuki Subaru's existence was extracted from that seemingly extradimensional space.
Leaving this unworldly space, the fragments of his consciousness are gradually connected, and little by little, his ego is reformed.

This stuff still won't be anywhere near fit for use until like, Arc 12 though lol

Only one thing there, to give interdimensional range to Beatrice.
The rest is totally wrong.
makes sense
What about the planet length, width and depth calc? I feel like thats an interesting thing and i have tried to calc that before but a lot of stuff seemed too vague to base stuff on which made it extremely annoying to calculate. Using the Sandworm is an interesting way to do it though

Here are a couple of things that should be added to Reinhards profile that i found from other wikis
, Regeneration (Low-Mid. Lesser spirits are attracted to Reinhard and try to heal him whenever he becomes injured, they have been shown to heal fatal injuries before),
He already have that.
That regenaration trought.
This seems like a side effect of him arriving on the scene, than he actively controlying stuff.
Also, where is this scan from?
I don't think is Reinhard manipulating people perception of him, and is more like how the text is describing him.

Also shouldn't Subaru have martial arts as well on his profile? Its stated he has taken kendo, Jiu Jutsu and maybe a couple other other martial art too

He already have that.
Huh weird, i couldnt find it the first time
That regenaration trought.
there arent any implications of any spirits healing him though
This seems like a side effect of him arriving on the scene, than he actively controlying stuff.

Rem and Frederica aren't affected but the enemies are so it is control
Also, where is this scan from?

I was wondering that too actually
I don't think is Reinhard manipulating people perception of him, and is more like how the text is describing him.
Fair but i think it should be worth mentioning because a lot of the times its mentioned that characters straight up get confused and think "wait is that red flame coming at me?"

Back