• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Arc 6 is so mysterious...

If the Book of the Dead of this Subaru was truly here, then――

Subaru: “Am I being treated as deceased, ever since I lost my memories… The Books of the Dead of Taygeta, that Hall of Memories, is even observing the worlds I die in…?”

If that were the case, then in no way was it inconceivable that it was depicting Subaru’s Deaths in some type of form through the Book of the Dead. However, in that case, what did that make of Return by Death?

Subaru: “Whether it rewinds time, or does it rebuild the world itself, I’d given a thought to both but…”

For argument’s sake, along the hypothesis that the Books of the Dead held a method to generate the Book of “Natsuki Subaru”, it could not be helped but to reach the conviction that the latter had much more likelihood. If that held true, then the phenomenon which encased this Natsuki Subaru was not something as charming as Return by Death, but――

Subaru: “Am I an idiot? No, I am definitely an idiot… Damn coward.”
――To name it specifically, it was the sequence of events of obtaining the power of Return by Death.

As per convention, an existence who was God, or wielded similar strength, normally in a transcendental state of being, had summoned Subaru to the different world.

However, for that “Natsuki Subaru”, if he were to not have the memories of being summoned by such a transcendental being, there would be no occasion where he would get to know whom he got the power granted to him from, and how he had grown conscious of that power.
――The rules of the formation of a Book of the Dead, its intricacies were unknown.

Now that it was mentioned, that Books of “Natsuki Subaru” had accumulated up to the number of times he had died until now was strange in itself. Precisely that was a phenomenon that unless the Deaths of “Natsuki Subaru” were not being observed by something other than the world, it would not come into existence.

Did that mean Od Lagna fulfilled that role as spectator?

Subaru: “But if that’s the case then if Louis, who was in the Hall of Memories, had been observing Return by Death, I don’t know for what reason she would be in such high-spirits. If she can recognize that from the outside…”

“Subaru”: “She may be staying in the Hall of Memories, but she can’t be its ruler. Its ruler is… probably a guy even more nasty, I think. Taking this situation into consideration…”

Subaru: “I get it when you say it’s a nasty guy. The one most plausible is…” Halting words there for once, Subaru and “Subaru” collectively stated.

Subaru & “Subaru”: “――Sage Flugel.” They called that, to be the ill-natured utmost plausible personage.

I remember watching a psychologist on YouTube, who was doing deep dives into the characters psyche, and calling a lot of stuff before it happened.

Like this whole thing about observers, he was saying there is some 4-D chess going with beings observing/manipulating events.
I dont believe that Psychologists isnt rewatching/rereading rezero
I have watched like almost all of S1 with him and he is so on point. He knows there are other 4D players because he straight up is one of them (and i would love if Tappei went meta and actually hired the dude to drop some lore)

The most obvious & blatant showing of Observers playing higher-dimensional chess (other than just... controlling fate) is through the Stargazers, but they're not the only ones who can see the future- both the Dragon History Stone and the Gospels foretell the future.

The Dragon History Stone was created by Volcanica by some means, while the Gospels are incomplete copies of Echidna's Authority of Greed- The Memories of the World which draws information from presumably The Od Lagna in order to show the true past, present, and future(s).

All 3 methods of future-telling so far has been related to Observers (or in Echidna's case, using an Authority to abuse an Observer)... interesting.

The most obvious & blatant showing of Observers playing higher-dimensional chess (other than just... controlling fate) is through the Stargazers, but they're not the only ones who can see the future- both the Dragon History Stone and the Gospels foretell the future.

The Dragon History Stone was created by Volcanica by some means, while the Gospels are incomplete copies of Echidna's Authority of Greed- The Memories of the World which draws information from presumably The Od Lagna in order to show the true past, present, and future(s).

All 3 methods of future-telling so far has been related to Observers (or in Echidna's case, using an Authority to abuse an Observer)... interesting.
Is like that theory, that says they don't show the Future, and more like they already have the story pan out, and they manipulating the characters to achive a conclusion.

Surpassed Reid?

giphy.gif

That is indeed what's stated on WCT, however WCT also has chapter downloads: Chapters that have been translation-checked one more time and had the terms used in them made universal between translators. Here's what that same paragraph says in it:

An improbable happening. The tenacious flesh body was one that even the slashes of a Holy Sword could not penetrate into, and yet the arm that had been stretched, and the joint of its elbow―― by kneeing into the fixed point that existed solely at this point, had been destroyed by the young girl.

That is indeed what's stated on WCT, however WCT also has chapter downloads: Chapters that have been translation-checked one more time and had the terms used in them made universal between translators. Here's what that same paragraph says in it:
More generic of what it surpasses
But it's a hella good feat

If you went just by statements, Ley would be Regulus-level at peak.

The Warlock possessed arms which destroyed all, possessed a flesh body which did not take damage from any type of attacks, possessed magical arts which rejected and countered any possible technique, and was endowed with even the wisdom, genius and intellect to grasp everything that existed.

No matter how extensive a survey should be taken of history, never had there been a being who excelled in every single kind of ability to this extent, and neither would any other take birth hereafter, for thousands of years to come.

This, was a selection of the world’s possibilities, brought forth by the abominable calamity referred to as a Witch Factor.

Born from the grand hotpot which condensed solely excelling articles, the supreme “gourmet delicacy” itself――

Ram: “――You shall be given three chances.” With that rare existence before her, the young girl with pink-colored hair uttered with three fingers raised.

Vol 23 came out, and just finished it.

Not much to change, think i will just make a CRT for vol 22 and 23, will just be a minor revision.

On that note will try and finish up the profiles for Otome Game, and then go back in deep into the VN series i was reading, need to be ready before the latest drops, still got 2 more VN after this current one to be up to date, and then of course CRT's.

Once i get all that out the way, i guess i will continue my reading of the Re Zero side stories, also still have quite a few LN series i need to reread as well.

Reminds me i still have a few Isekai at Peace profiles i wanted to make....

Apparantly Rowan (Cecilus' dad) did the same cloud-split feat that Cecilus did in the most recent WN chapter? Did not expect him to be so strong tbh. Additionally, the Divine Generals seem to be strong enough to win against Child Cecilus under specific conditions, such as Balleroy being able to snipe him without him noticing.

More interestingly, Al's Domain Expansion got more info revealed on it's mechanics, excited to read that chapter.

Caught up to the arc 8 summaries.

Cecilus intuition is op, and now we understand why he is so twisted, his dad is a scumbag.

Says alot the lengths people have to go to to try and reach Reid, to reach transcendental strength, requires being warped.

Caught up to the arc 8 summaries.

Cecilus intuition is op, and now we understand why he is so twisted, his dad is a scumbag.

Says alot the lengths people have to go to to try and reach Reid, to reach transcendental strength, requires being warped.
Reinhard sacrificing his family life for power fr

New chapter out, and this whole Rowan star gazer thing is weird, star gazers are usually protected by fate while Rowan got taken out by Todd, speaking of that, it might cause issues down the road when it's translated seeing as Rowan can perform city level feats...

The fact that Observers want to make a Heavenly Sword is suspicious, is it to keep Reinhard in check?

Rowan was absolutely hammered, breathing poison, and killed in a sneak-attack, so Todd killing him is pretty acceptable imo. Sneak attacks are pretty OP in Re:Zero since the Flow Method is used consciously. Yae killing a sleeping Priscilla in PP&Z is a big example.

It is strange that the Observers want a Heavenly Sword though, I can't imagine why... I doubt it's to counter Reinhard since he appears to be a pawn for the Observers himself (Od Lagna & likely the Sword God).

Yea it's just we never got the impression Rowan was so op due to Todd taking him out so cowardly/efficient, a testament to Todd's intelligence I guess.

What's so special about a Heavenly Sword that the Observers would want one is the question? Assuming it literally can cut anything, might seem almost counterintuitive, think of it like this suppose the Heavenly Sword can cut fate, couldn't it be possible it could interfere with the Observers plans?

The fact that Rowan wasn't like a normal star gazer to begin with is leading me to think, it's another faction of Observers doing this, back to that idea of there being different factions playing 4-D chess against each other.

Last edited:
Would Subaru have resistance to fate manipulation if he can succesfully stop the great calamity?

Also when are we making more profiles like for petra and updating Subarus AP

A big theme of Re:Zero is fighting to overcome fate, as Subaru's Authority allows him to alter his doomed path, infamously fighting against "O Inevitable Fate"... not sure that'd be a resistance though? It's weird.

Reinhard will almost certainly qualify for Fate manipulation eventually, with the combined statements that Od Lagna won't let him die, Od Lagna is an Observer, and that the Observers control all Fate within the world.

Also: Fun stuff is going on with Sidestories, especially Omega in Wonderland. The interesting bits are that Shion & Lyra are now canon, and the Witches Authorities were shown to be way more variable in use than previously thought, Typhon making a water spell shatter like glass was particularly surprising.

A big theme of Re:Zero is fighting to overcome fate, as Subaru's Authority allows him to alter his doomed path, infamously fighting against "O Inevitable Fate"... not sure that'd be a resistance though? It's weird.

Reinhard will almost certainly qualify for Fate manipulation eventually, with the combined statements that Od Lagna won't let him die, Od Lagna is an Observer, and that the Observers control all Fate within the world.

Also: Fun stuff is going on with Sidestories, especially Omega in Wonderland. The interesting bits are that Shion & Lyra are now canon, and the Witches Authorities were shown to be way more variable in use than previously thought, Typhon making a water spell shatter like glass was particularly surprising.
Can you send me the link to those side stories?

Goddamn it Tappei who ISN'T an Stargazer at this point.

Apparantly Ceci and Stride are the only Stargazers to fall out of the Observers' control, and Ceci hears 12 different voices... there may be more Observers than we anticipated...

Yet again, the Observers are described as looking upon the World as a mere play, which I hope is metaphorical, endgame Re:Zero being Tier 1 would be a MASSIVE headache.

Cecilius is a whole lot more interesting now, before he was a skilled swordsman who seemed delusional/narcissistic, calling himself a star actor, but now with knowing how he was raised, and that he is in fact an actor trying to entertain the Observers, who he apparently can't hear, thus isn't being controlled, pretty cool.

I assume Reinhard also hears the Observers voices that's why we rarely get his pov. Crazy how endgame Re Zero has changed, you initially thought some sort of confrontation between Subaru and co with Satella, but now it's like a confrontation with the Observers, to defy fate.

Last edited:
Yea it's just we never got the impression Rowan was so op due to Todd taking him out so cowardly/efficient, a testament to Todd's intelligence I guess.
This issue is also completely solved now btw. After rereading the chapter where Todd killed Rowan, Rowan was actually prepared to react which smelled like an outlier... but now we know why the sneak attack worked.

So Todd even has a Divine Blessing... one that acts like a cognitive block and allows Todd lots of leeway in deception, sneak-attacks, and covert actions. 『霧隠れの加護』

Back