• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A flaw in some calc is gonna be found and now all mid tiers will be 9-A+ 🙏
that one dude in the youtube comment section was telling the truth
Reinhard is actually barely town level and Emilia is 10A becuz Elsa could kill her with a knife
and the white whale is 9A becuz it couldnt even destroy the full carriage Subaru was in. truly the weakest mob of all time
on the other hand Subaru could defeat Reinhard so he is obviously city level becuz Tappei said city level characters like Ainz could defeat Reinhard

A flaw in some calc is gonna be found and now all mid tiers will be 9-A+ 🙏
Still kinda conflicted about this feat, it didn't happen in the LN, and it's a scene that already happened so there is no possibility it shows up later, yet at the same time i don't think it really contradicts anything unless i am forgetting something.

Probably fine, but it's a borderline case.

Probably fine, but it's a borderline case.
Arc 1 had a lot of lines cut that were purely for space, such as a chunk of the Reinhard vs Elsa encounter and his Blessing of Arrow Avoidance getting explained, that can be taken as factual despite being absent in the LN.

It's not like say the changes to make Subaru less scummy in the LN that obviously trump WN's canon.

If eventually enough pushback to using it comes, then I guess 9-C to 9-B via Patrasche scaling it is 🙏

Insane to me that Shaula crossed like half of Priestella in not even a fraction of a second, faster than Garfiel could percieve.

Far, far away, at the edge of his sight, one of the floodgate’s control towers came into view―― A flash of light could be seen from where Otto and Garfiel were, coming from the top of the tower which stood almost on the opposite side of the city.

Immediately after he thought he’d seen that flicker, the light instantly came surging to where they were. Somehow, Garfiel was still fending them off right now, but――

Garfiel:「――Who th’ **** are you.」

When he shifted his attention to his nose, a familiar smell slipped into his nostrils. However, it was his instinct, not his five senses, that tried to deny the familiar figure below him.

A lapse that lasted not even a fraction of a second was born in his thoughts.

Nevertheless, it was a fatal lapse.

Moving towards there was――

Shaula:「――Gotcha! Tah-dah!」

Garfiel:「Ngh」

From in front of him, a dark-haired woman came plunging forward, and threw out a kick with a semi-enthusiastic cry. Catching her kick immediately with both of his shields, Garfiel absorbed the attack which felt like he had been rammed by a dragon carriage.

Even so, she was not an opponent with whom he could deal with in this situation. He couldn’t afford to direct his attention in two different directions, both in front of him and beneath him.

Shaula:「Not so bad, but myyyy love for Master is a 100 times better than that .」

With a smile of satisfaction adorning her face, her palm rose towards the front of Garfiel’s face. In an instant, with all of his hair standing on end, Garfiel tensed his body and quickly moved his face backwards――

Squelch

The blow pierced straight through Garfiel’s abdomen and his organs spilled out from his back. ― Re:Zero kara Tsugihagu Isekai Seikatsu "Gluttony IF"

Might be useful once we have full on visuals of Priestella, plus stuff in the background to compare it to, i imagine Reinhard vs Regulus will be gold for that.

Assuming the city is like 1km across, would still be like mach 3.

I mean the previous Boi match that got made, why was it baffling?
it was specifically made to make Reinhard lose
The main arguement was that Boboiboy could deflect his matter hax via his cyclone whirlwind which deflected matter manip bubbles however i am pretty sure Ejojo made them uninteractable otherwise they would just affect the air and wont actually go anywhere and so Boboiboy exploited this weakness by using his wind powers to change their directions. This would mean that he can't actually deflect matter hax
however thats not how it played out and well the best i can do rn is ask for a rematch ¯\(ツ)

the best argument you could make is maybe the infinite speed one but even that is extremely doubtful 💀💀💀
There are folks that think ******* Subaru is High 6-A with immeasurable speed because something something Hall of Memories. It gets ridiculous.

Also, cool that the Greed IF LN finally named the Blessing Reinhard used to repair the lawn. The "Blessing of Vegetation" which lets him stimulate the life force & growth of plant life.

Reading the Greed IF stuff actually made me enjoy Clind, wish he was like that in the main story.

Did a wee re-read of Bond of Ice, wondering if this could net Spirits High-Mid regen & Type 2 Immortality?

The forest around them was now completely unrecognizable, but Puck who was at the epicenter didn’t appear to be wounded at all.

To begin with, the concept of injury itself was meaningless to spirits. To spirits, damage was something that only occurred when something tore through the defenses of their materialization and harmed the Od that was the core of their being.

Unless they lost their Od, spirits would not die no matter what happened to them.
Or to put it another way, in a battle between spirits, the goal was to rip through the opponent’s mana and crush their Od.

In that sense, it could be said that Puck and Melakuera were both in good health. - Bond of Ice, Chapter 3
As the astonished flame ruptured, Puck who was still in good health inside it was holding a red light.

A light that could be held by Puck who was himself small enough to fit in a palm― That was the core of a spirit, the Od. To a spirit it was the source of their life
, and when exposed it was also a fatal weak point.

If their defenseless Od were to be crushed, any spirit would die. Even Melakuera. - Bond of Ice, Chapter 4
Even when burned by heat rays beyond imagination, a spirit’s body would turn black or anything of the sort.

Unless the attack penetrated the defenses of the mana composing their body and harmed their Od, the spirit would appear to be in perfect condition.

However, if their Od were to sustain fatal damage, the spirit’s existence would crumble away like sand.

Just like Melakuera, whose Od was crushed by Puck just moments before.

―And just like Puck, who was currently dissipating into particles of light in Emilia’s palms. - Bond of Ice, Chapter 4

Did a wee re-read of Bond of Ice, wondering if this could net Spirits High-Mid regen & Type 2 Immortality?
I don't remember the exact stardand, but i think it should be good.

Anyway, this as been long coming, so time to end this once and for all. Ram CRT.

Been working on a sandbox for a Spirit Physiology page, not sure what image should be used to represent it. I'm thinking Puck would be most appropriate, but I can't decide between his small and Starbeast form.

The page has some abilities not currently on any profiles, so it'll need to have a CRT when it's done.
beastform puck
it looks good honestly

In a cut WN scene (Puck regaining his memories after the lost loop vs Petelgeuse during Subaru's 2nd Trial), he states he will freeze Petelgeuse's soul to ensure his death.
“Before I am extinguished, I will extinguish you first. Who would’ve thought my companion in death would be a religious nutcase. Gross.”

“Sorry to tell you this, desu, but even if you destroy this body, that won’t st――”

“I will freeze your soul alongside it―― If I do that, what would happen, I wonder?”

The dauntless grin on Petelgeuse’s face up to now abruptly froze.

Watching the madman’s eyes widen, Puck smiled an utterly delighted smile,

“Aaah―― Now there’s the face I wanted to see, you moron.”

In an instant, simultaneous with the unravelling of the Spirit’s contours, a white radiance blasted forth, and―― - Arc 4 Chapter 72 "BADEND 1, 5, 11"

This together with Melakuera's flames burning souls and Puck casually destroying Od (The added lines in LN Volume 29 about Soul Marriage help a ton) makes Spirits, or at least Puck, being able to destroy souls very likely.

In a cut WN scene (Puck regaining his memories after the lost loop vs Petelgeuse during Subaru's 2nd Trial), he states he will freeze Petelgeuse's soul to ensure his death.

This together with Melakuera's flames burning souls and Puck casually destroying Od (The added lines in LN Volume 29 about Soul Marriage help a ton) makes Spirits, or at least Puck, being able to destroy souls very likely.
spirits can kill spirits and Roswaal should be able to do the same as well which means soul manipulation for both of them

if anybody has the time can they pls make a crt on the layering of the abilities for the verse?
oh and also i did like to know if Regu's attacks are tripple layered becuz Reinhard should be able to sense unseen hands but couldnt sense his attacks

if anybody has the time can they pls make a crt on the layering of the abilities for the verse?
oh and also i did like to know if Regu's attacks are tripple layered becuz Reinhard should be able to sense unseen hands but couldnt sense his attacks
Bit busy working on Spirit stuff and very soon some Od stuff which I'm especially looking forward to. Puck might end up busted.

But anyways, I don't think there's any reason to believe Reinhard can sense/see the Unseen Hand? It's whole schtick is being unseen.

About Regulus though, we actually see an instance of Reinhard's rapid mid-combat growth here:
“—What?”

Reinhard had challenged Regulus at extremely close quarters. Just as he stepped forward with his left leg before his right could start to sink, he suddenly stopped. Or rather, he was stopped.

He staggered, and the careful balance was shattered. Reinhard’s right leg exploded below the knee, scattering crimson across the water’s surface.

“He got hit?! By what?!”

Reinhard’s brow furrowed in pain as Subaru shouted. Neither Subaru nor Emilia nor Reinhard himself understood what had just happened. The answer came from the one who had laid down the gauntlet.

“You have a monstrous ability to evade, dodging even dirt and water droplets, but you’re too naive. If you truly intend to challenge me, you must stay ever vigilant. Even my breath requires caution. Sighs are no exception.” — Volume 19, Chapter 1
As Regulus wore a monstrous smile while he rubbed his head where the sword had struck, Reinhard felt something was off and attempted to pull back so he could take stock of the situation—but then his legs stopped. Reinhard’s sixth sense perceived a clear and present danger from the empty air behind him.

“All the air around here has already been touched by me and is now my personal property.”

Before Reinhard could take evasive maneuvers, Regulus’s face was suddenly staring up at him from below at incredibly close quarters. Gritting his teeth at that bizarre manner of closing the distance, Reinhard swung the hilt of his sword upward.

His aim was true, and the pommel of the hilt crashed into the center of Regulus’s chest. But the Archbishop just accepted the blow with a calm expression.

“Well, you tried your best,” he sneered. — Volume 19, Chapter 3

Spirits might deserve outright magic resistance, given protective mana thwarts intervention via magic, and Spirit's very bodies are composed of mana.

Even when burned by heat rays beyond imagination, a spirit’s body would turn black or anything of the sort.

Unless the attack penetrated the defenses of the mana composing their body and harmed their Od, the spirit would appear to be in perfect condition.

However, if their Od were to sustain fatal damage, the spirit’s existence would crumble away like sand. - Bond of Ice
Dragon’s scales which not even steel could scathe were no exception, the only options to counter being either to dodge or to be clad in mana firm enough to withstand any intervention of magic. - Re:Loving The Days Gone By From Zero
Unlike the Dragon taken out in the ambush, Fargall’s scales were clad in powerful mana. They impetuously diminished the might of magic, a firm armour that shielded its body.

Beatrice’s bombardment thwarted by the armour, not even as slight as a single strike connected. - Re:Loving The Days Gone By From Zero

Yorna reacting to light is certainly... something.

The strike that should have caught Arakiya was bereft of a hit reaction, rather, the expected impact had been slightly off, instead producing a solid sound.

From how it appeared, the thick sole of Yorna’s upwards kick had collided with nothing other than the blade of the Yang Sword swung down by Priscilla.

Their pincer attack had missed their very important opponent, they had rather astoundingly struck one another instead.

What was more surprising, was that the collision of both Yorna and Priscilla’s attacks had been inside Arakiya’s seemingly flickering body.

Yorna: “It… passed through her?”

Priscilla: “How impudent.”

Immediately after Yorna’s astonishment and Priscilla’s irritation spilled over simultaneously, Arakiya’s body, having seemingly taken in both attacks, glowed white as a counterattack was unleashed.

It was as if Arakiya’s whole body had exploded―― No, it had, in fact, exploded.

Arakiya’s body scattered into rays of white light, dispersing with terrifying force spread in every direction like buckshot, hitting Yorna and Priscilla like a fountain of water.

Yorna: “Kuh…!”

In an instant, Yorna gathered the fine pieces of dirt that had been whirled up by the previous gale, and clad herself and Priscilla in a cloud of dust.

Rather than “cladding” them in clothing that stuck to the body, it was a delicate technique that circulated around one’s figure at high speed to repel attacks.

If Arakiya’s buckshot merely held the firepower one would discern at first glance, this would have reduced its power just enough. However――

Yorna: “――Hk!!”

Easily penetrating the cloak of earth wrapped around them, Arakiya’s rays pierced Yorna and Priscilla.

Blown away by the impact, Yorna dropped to the ground while screaming in agony. With all her strength, she instantly burrowed her stretched out feet in the ground to avoid an unsightly fall. - Arc 7, Chapter 95, "Enemies on All Bastions"

not sure why this wasnt done before
Bump this
Yorna reacting to light is certainly... something.
Hmmmm i not sure, It seems like the text is saying rays of light as in, the glow of the explosion.

But the text does seems to imply actual light trought for what i remember, so i don't know.

Back