• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I thought you got it from all the "flames of the Yang Sword will burn away your very existence" statements. Burning Geuse out of Barusu is more explicit tho.
Should we give her EE for that considering the yang sword does in fact has a pretty similar effect

Should we give her EE for that considering the yang sword does in fact has a pretty similar effect
No idea.

Also something I find interesting is that Reinhard splitting the world was repeated by Subaru, it gives off a kind of smelly smell that smells... smelly.
The next instant, Reinhard raised the Dragon Sword above his head, and there was a single flash of light― the sky split, cracks running through the very air; the earth crumbled; mana swirled in a vortex; and along the arc of his slash the world... slid.

The moment after that cascading slash settled down, the white, cold air covering the world... recovered. The slide in the world was repaired, the parts that had become a swirling vortex of mana reverted to their proper forms, flowers budded forth from the shattered earth, and peace spread throughout the cracked air. From the sky, dazzling sunrays poured down.

The slash of the Sword Saint had ended the world and simultaneously brought about it's re-creation― and the enormous beast had been bathed in that slash had been annihilated from the world without a trace.

There were not even side-effects of destruction to be seen, that a battle had even taken place seemed like nothing but a dream. - Volume 12, Chapter 5
“The shock is winning out over the gratitude. That sounds like something even Reinhard couldn’t do.”

In Subaru’s head, Reinhard was indisputably the person most likely to do something absurd or crazy, but even he wouldn’t lift a whole carriage over his head.

He could split the world in half with the force of his sword, or walk on water, or even come back to life once, but that sort of brute strength was—

“Actually, could he? I’m not so sure anymore. Is he human?” - Volume 22, Chapter 1

Yea also saw the Reinhard statement but ignored it for obvious reasons, which have been repeated over and over again.

But to reiterate, the whole encounter starts off with Puck freezing the 'world', which obviously isn't true, at best you could argue he froze Lugnica since the effects never reached Kararagi.

When it talks about Reinhard ending the world, it's in the context of undoing the 'world' destruction Puck caused.

But anyway just waiting until some new person comes around and tries to argue Reinhard is planetary again for the 4th or 5th time, bound to happen...

Planetary Reinhard is so silly when he's pretty obviously Universal :alien:

Also cutting the world in half isn't even a planetary level feat I believe, so that's not really a good way to argue for it lol

In other news, El Shamak has been stated to rob the target of their very thoughts, as well as their fighting strength (willpower).

Minya was also called "instant death magic".

Beatrice somehow getting enough mana from Subaru to cast "Ten thousand or a hundred thousand" Minyas is cool too.

Planetary Reinhard is so silly when he's pretty obviously Universal :alien:

Also cutting the world in half isn't even a planetary level feat I believe, so that's not really a good way to argue for it lol

In other news, El Shamak has been stated to rob the target of their very thoughts, as well as their fighting strength (willpower).
I read that as fingering strength😭😭😭

Maybe in the wider community, but Betty doesn't have mind or empath hax listed.
I mean i am dead sure i have mentioned this before but it definitely should be added if it hasnt yet
On another note, Beatrice needs to become optional for Subaru becuz its just getting annoying to try and make matxh ups for him like this

Their Spirit is standard for a Spiritual Arts User. Post-Arc 4 Subaru is a Spiritual Arts User.
Firstly we go by canonical relevance, Aqua isnt Kazuma's standard item despite being his special powerup is due to him not using her. Same goes for Subaru due to plot reasons
Second, like her becoming an 9ptional item is a win-win? Subaru still has access to her in vsbattles but we can go for more indepent Subaru 1v1 ones too

I don't particularly care about how easy it is for matches to be made with Arc 5+ Subaru. You can still make them without Betty anyway even if they can't be added.

I just believe that Spirits (Puck, the Buds) should be standard to have for Spiritual Arts Users (Emilia, Julius). Subaru and Betty- and the other Spirit/User Duos actually- have fought together every time they can. Subaru & Betty even more so because they're physically dependant on eachother for survival. Only exceptional circumstances have seperated them (See: Betty's coma in Arc 5; The teleportation in Arc 7)

Arc 6 is so good. Probably my favourite arc to re-read.

――The Knight clad in the radiance of rainbow, plunged directly into the white light.

Against Julius, who had gambled and unveiled the secret ritual, Reid Astrea’s actions were terribly simple.

To swing down the sword he had swung up, a deed of sword strikes likely repeated the most in this world―― it obliquely bisected the world, becoming a light which wrecked all in its path to ruin.

Neither a special magic, nor a special move.

With a mere swing of the sword, the world was scorched by light. Impossible to understand.

Did Reid Astrea exceeded norms, or were all Sword Saints alike?

Though what was certain was――

???: “――Julius.”

That she wished to devote her strength, so that the aurora would not be overwhelmed by the absurd white light.
――The white light hunted the aurora down as though to paint it out.

Furthermore he pressed, with the entirety of his soul, and having borrowed the might of the six Spirits he had reforged his Contract with.

He had gambled upon and unveiled a secret amongst secrets, whilst the opponent had merely swung the sword earnestly, solemnly―― Indeed, he was utterly astounded by that absurd exceeding of norms.

Simultaneously, since he also possessed the emotions enunciating this was how things must be overflowing within his chest, he found his own self to be irredeemable as well.

With a swing of the sword, the world fissured.

That, was the special move of the Sword Saint which transpired when Reinhard swung the sword as well.

Suddenly, in the midst of a rivalry between a life and a life, Julius contemplated.
Reinhard and Reid, should they battle each other, just who would prevail as more powerful?

Legend and legend, Sword Saint and Sword Saint, in the unattainable battle, who would be declared victorious?

Unfortunately, the opportunity to make certain of that would not pay a call.

Julius: “Then I have no choice, but to confirm it with this body of mine.”

The opportunity to exchange swords with Reinhard van Astrea withal Reid Astrea, befell only upon ones who reached this Tower.

Moreover, the possibility existed solely for Julius, and the young girl named Emilia, who had headed towards the upper stratum―― He bore no intention to concede that duty to anyone else.

Thus, what remained for him was to simply triumph.

To jostle this white light, and slay Reid Astrea with the radiance of rainbow.

For that purpose, the entirety of his soul, and his fighting strength, requiring a single step further―― Should a scintilla of pride and might, dwell upon the tip of the sword of the Finest of Knights――

Oh yeah that was the scene from where i got the info about Priscilla being able to burn souls

Additionally, the Yang Sword is able to "reach" any opponent who's soul has not been severed by the Life Sword- even Arakiya when she has turned into light.
At Priscilla, callously stating this unexpected answer, Yorna’s mouth was left agape from the shock.

However, this shock was negated by Priscilla’s grasp of the radiant Yang Sword.

That strange phenomenon from earlier, was.

Yorna: “Priscilla, with the Yang Sword, you should be able to reach any opponent. Provided their soul hasn’t been severed by the Life Sword…

Priscilla: “Even without you telling me, Dear Mother, I am painstakingly aware of that. However, there is something you are mistaken about.”

Yorna: “Mistaken?”

Priscilla: “My Yang Sword burns what I wish to burn and slashes only what I wish to slash.”

Saying that, Priscilla slowly raised the tip of her Yang Sword.

What assembled beyond the tip of the Yang Sword, as Yorna followed it with her gaze, was Arakiya, scattered white light forming her figure little-by-little.

Reflecting the nature of the Spirit they had devoured, the Spirit Eaters were said to be able to house the strength they possessed in their bodies—— While the true nature of this rare ability was unknown, the capability for its capabilities to be expanded upon was remarkable.

Just now, by what principle had light transformed into a body—— once that was pondered over, it became clear.

The Yang Sword slashed what it wanted to slash, a treasured sword able to reach all things.

Priscilla: “——Is that fire, water, or wind? If that becomes indistinguishable from light or shadow, there is no doubt that it becomes difficult, but even so, I can still reach you.

Arakiya: “————”

Meeting the gaze of Arakiya, whose eyes were the same hue, Priscilla’s crimson eyes narrowed.

The owner of the Yang Sword that could reach all things, and the transcendent being, possessing the ability to transform into anything, confronting each other——

But speaking of soul stuff, is the Od considered the soul here? Or has it not been proposed here yet?

I see- there are some Arc 7 lines that might help with that (like the entire concept of Soul Marriage- sharing the Od with other people or objects) so if you do end up making such a blog, I'd recommend including them.

Od stuff came to my attention when I re-read a bit and found this.

Shrinking the Od shrinks not just the body, but also the mind, consistent with mental = spiritual.

“But, it’s amusin’ that the actual result and the effects deviate so much, ya know. I was sure they’d just shrink someone, ya know, but it goes as far as ta completely restore the brain ta its youthful state.”

“Unfortunately, I really don’t understand why either. Well, guess it’s ‘cause the Od’s forcibly tampered with. Just as yer body shrinks ta fit yer Od, yer mind’d prolly shrink ta fit yer Od as well, yeah?”

“Well, it’s a technique I don’t use very often, ‘cause I usually hafta kill the person I’m usin’ it on, so I’ve never bothered ta find out the reason why. In fact, it’s easier ta kill someone if not only their body but also the contents of their head shrink, so it’s a perfect solution, ya know?”

“Altho’, you’ll sometimes get guys who’ve already got some serious resolve in them, from the time they were kids! Ya can’t expect that trick ta work on those kinda guys, even if the stuff in their head’s shrunk——

This Empire arc has been my favourite arc as an active reader tbh, i binged the first 5 arcs and then arc 6 updates were so infrequent. The consistency is very nice.

How big would you say Guaral is? It's considered an above-average Vollachian city and has a population of thousands, but I'm not sure on the actual scale.

If it can't be parsed then the minimum city size of 1 mile (1.6km) diameter works.

Does that really matter? If it's about Emilia making it snow there, that's a 7-B feat, so her magic will be rated as 7-B. her awakened power will then be rated as like higher, or 6-C, considering her absolute zero attack clashing with weakened Volcanica, though absolute zero based on what i saw seemed like hax, since it like freezes time.

Does that really matter? If it's about Emilia making it snow there, that's a 7-B feat, so her magic will be rated as 7-B.
I don't think so? It was just lowering the temperature, she didn't create a storm or anything of that nature. Just... a temperature drop.

6-C, considering her absolute zero attack clashing with weakened Volcanica, though absolute zero based on what i saw seemed like hax, since it like freezes time.
I do actually agree that Absolute Zero is probably hax, even though it's stated to possess 10 or 100 times the power of her normal magic.

If it's clouds and a drop of temperature, probably Low 7-B based on this.

There is a difference between Emilia flash freezing stuff like when she froze that lake with Regulus in it, and this feat here of causing a storm, and what she usually does which is creating weapons with magic, the latter clearly isn't Low 7-B, however not too sure how we would differenciate that, when we get to it in the translated material/anime with visuals.

Something like higher, Low 7-B at peak maybe.

Would covering a clear sky with snow clouds not be the 15.95 megaton value listed? Or am I just misreading it.

This is the feat itself.

Emilia: “――Ice Age.”

Around Emilia, as she muttered this, the world started to lose its heat at a furious pace.

The air slowly cooled, white snowflakes began falling gently from the chilling sky. Rapidly, without exemption, Emilia blanketed the city’s perimeter with cold.

With great care, adjusting the magic power, being cautious to not overdo it.

She could not afford to err, and let the city turn to ice like the Great Forest of Elior, Emilia’s homeland.

Needless to say, even if she had thoughts of melting it later, to cool it down to the point of suspended animation, like Regulus’s wives, was strictly forbidden.

All Emilia had to do, was to bring an unbearable ice season to lands unacquainted with the cold, those of the Empire.

The biting cold wind, the falling white snowflakes accumulating, the white breath of the magical season of ice, would cover the Fortress City struck by this flying dragon cataclysm. - Arc 7 Chapter 57B
Pausing to ponder about what laid ahead, Priscilla peered up to the white, cloudy sky.

With the immense quantity of Mana Emilia possessed, albeit it possibly had a limit as to its range, she still had enough power to alter the climate, meaning that she had a multitude of ways to make use of her power. - Arc 7 Chapter 57B
Flickering, white snowflakes were falling upon Guaral. The southern sky was covered with layers of thick clouds, through which the sun’s rays were pouring down.

Exhaling white breath, Flop shivered at the almost fantastical sight.

Suddenly, the temperature in the surrounding area had dropped dramatically, and to boot, a sight as spectacular as this currently unfolding. Even in a dream, such a scene would be hard to materialize.

Putting it a different way, he had the paradoxical thought that it was not a dream, to which Flop shook his head. - Arc 7 Chapter 57B

I love getting sweet juicy details on Magic! Arc 8 focusing a bit on magic after so long in the Empire that doesn't care for it is cool.

The eyes of the “enemy” narrowed briefly as she raised both of her hands in front of her face, and white light shot out from all ten of her fingers, clearing away all the Minyas that stood in her way.

With nary a sound of shattering, the deep purple crystals had been blown apart into pieces―― But, that would not be enough to destroy Beatrice’s frustration.

Sphinx: [――Hk.]

Although Sphinx had supposedly dismissed the threat, her expression slightly contorted.

The reason being, the deep purple crystals she had cleared away had turned into flying shrapnel in their shattered state, spreading out and chasing down the fast-flying Sphinx.

Beatrice: [Magic is an idea, as soon as you think you’ve stopped it, it all goes wrong, in fact.]

However, the crystalline arrow shape that represented Minya was not what was important. It was about the effect of freezing and shattering the time of the person it struck.

Indeed, even if it did not have the shape of an arrow, as long as it pierced the opponent, the form and size did not matter.

Hence, the flying shrapnel of Beatrice, with her competitive spirit alight, would not allow Sphinx to escape. - Arc 8 Chapter 19 "Valga Cromwell's Stratagem"

Julius figured out some incap methods after facing Reid it seems...

The moment it became clear that Yang Magic and Yin Magic were being simultaneously employed by the two Spirits respectively, Julius’ Knight sword flashed, and the strength drained from the fake Ryuzu’s arm, which had been housing light.

Fake Ryuzu: [Explanation: Required.]

Julius: [I cut the tendon in your shoulder. Of course, it will likely reconnect soon…]

Julius sincerely replied to the fake Ryuzu, who asked the reason for the lack of strength in her arm. At the end of his answer, Julius twisted in mid-air, and his long, howling leg struck the floating girl, knocking her body to the ground.

At the spot where the fake Ryuzu fell, the ground transformed together with a yellow light. The ground, which had become viscous, softly and deeply received the girl’s body, and then hardened all at once.

As a result, the fake Ryuzu was stuck, as if wrapped in a quilt made of stone.

Julius: [I recommend you do not resist. If you fail to heed this warning, I will treat you as an enemy, be you alive or dead.] - Arc 8 Chapter 19 "Valga Cromwell's Stratagem"

Well yeah cutting Reid's tendons is impossible for Julius, and Electra is made of... I'm not sure, but it isn't stone.

Back