• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not contradicting anything isn't a reason to believe Regulus' attacks have infinite speed. FTL is the more likely option.
Obviously not contradicting anything isnt a reason to believe his attacks to be infinite, the main reason is the way the ability works and its description afterall

Well, Emilia Dodge when she saved one of the wives from Regulus attack.
Cah you send the scan for that? Cause I am pretty sure she felt a dangerous aura emit from him and then she pushed her aside, that would be an ESP feat and doesn't actually contradict anything

I'm in mobile, so no. For now.

She did feel that the wife as about to be attacked and pushed her aside, but If was infinite speed, she should't be able to dodge that at all.
She wasnt dodging the attack after it came out but instead pushing her aside before Regulus moves, essentially aim dodging

She wasnt dodging the attack after it came out but instead pushing her aside before Regulus moves, essentially aim dodging
Giving her farewell, No. 184 turned away from Regulus. At the same time, she met Emilia’s eyes and gave a furtive sort of wink. That was, probably, a warning to Emilia about the carelessness of her words from before she had been cut off.
It was not wrong to describe Emilia as having neglected the danger Regulus poses. As such things were communicated, Emilia didn’t hesitate to make a split-second judgement.

[Emilia: ——Watch out!]

[No. 184: Huh?]

As No. 184 was trying to make her escape, Emilia tugged hard on her arm. Clutching her tall but light body to her chest, Emilia took a big step backwards.
The space in front of her, where No. 184 had stood moments before, was caressed by the wind. Opening a long furrow in the cathedral floor, shattering it, and piercing straight through in a line of destruction. Without slowing down, the wind hit the main gate, turning the entryway into powder, then spread its destruction outwards.

Not sure If is different in the LN, but here Emília dodging the Infinite speed attack.

Not sure If is different in the LN, but here Emília dodging the Infinite speed attack.
This isn't a good argument against infinite speed, because Regulus is FTL so dodging after the attack comes out is just as impossible.

The reason why infinite speed can't really be claimed without doubt is because the evidence isn't nearly as great compared to FTL's evidence. Regulus' attacks being cut off from time isn't definitively equal to infinite speed.

This isn't a good argument against infinite speed, because Regulus is FTL so dodging after the attack comes out is just as impossible.
Ok, the two are Impossible, true.
The reason why infinite speed can't really be claimed without doubt is because the evidence isn't nearly as great compared to FTL's evidence. Regulus' attacks being cut off from time isn't definitively equal to infinite speed.
Yeah, being cut from the Flow of time don't grant you Infinite speed, by our stardands.

realized this mistake in Reinhard's profile
he should have infinite stamina due to the unending battle with Satella statement and the fact that he will endlessly be recovered via Od Laguna and multiple blessings

I guess you could say that for Reinhard with his Blessings & Satella, since Reinhard's Blessings wake him up from sleep & Satella's body "will never weaken, wither, or die."

Though really Reinhard can only go about a week without sleeping. And Phoenix resets his body, rather than granting him a bottomless pool of stamina. So Reinhard's probably a no, while Satella is an "I guess?"

I guess you could say that for Reinhard with his Blessings & Satella, since Reinhard's Blessings wake him up from sleep & Satella's body "will never weaken, wither, or die."

Though really Reinhard can only go about a week without sleeping. And Phoenix resets his body, rather than granting him a bottomless pool of stamina. So Reinhard's probably a no, while Satella is an "I guess?"
What1 makes you sa1y he needs sleep?

What1 makes you sa1y he needs sleep?

Q: Happy Birthday, Reinhard! Also, Happy New Year! A question: If Reinhard tried to pull an all-nighter without sleeping, how many days could he do it?

A: I thought of saying as many days as he wants, but that's too much even for him. I think he could stay up for around a week, but he's sleep like normal after that. It's just, even if you try a surprise attack when he's sleeping, a blessing would wake him up so you can't defeat him. - Reinhard Birthday Q&A 2019

Behold, what I believe is Beatrice's only display of actual attack potency... which failed to actually hit the target.
Confirming that, Beatrice brushed aside the storm of other unnecessary thoughts and held her palm forward.

“Another diversion…”

“If you really think so, then please disappear in a beautiful explosion!”

As Batenkaitos pointed his blades at the three people she did not know, Beatrice unleashed a powerful spell. Absorbing the power of the crystal, a purple gleam formed a circle around Gluttony.

“Tch!”

Seeing the ring of light, Batenkaitos stopped the attack and spun, his eyes piercing Beatrice, trying to stop her from activating the spell.

“—Ul Minya.”

The atmosphere itself seemed to groan as an enormous purple gleam filled the sky over the plaza. Looking up at it, Batenkaitos exhaled with excitement.

“Such a lavish feast! As expected of Lady Beatrice! Are you copying Lord Roswaal?”

“That’s a rather vulgar way of putting it!”

A purple disc blocked out the sky and began hurtling toward Batenkaitos. It was a light of destruction with the mass to back it up.

The tremendous force of its impact flipped up the stone pavement, creating an enormous dust cloud that filled the whole plaza and made Beatrice’s dress flutter wildly. - Volume 20, Chapter 1

Also, Authorities seem to have some kind of resistance to power absorption, "they won't come detached easily".
“What should be done? What should be done in order to steal it? If onii-san’s Return by Death is an Authority, then it can’t be stolen by just eating. It’s different from things that come attached with Memories and Names. Witch Factors are the antithesis of Od Laguna, after all! It won’t come detached easily! That’s why…”

That was why, was an Authority to be stolen, there was no choice but to steal the Witch Factor itself. - Arc 6 Chapter 75 "Rui Arneb"

If the summary I heard is correct, blessings are on the soul itself, which is cool, more world building, these 2 arcs have been great for that.

I trought that as always the case, because the way blessings are describbed.

Since minds and souls are the same, if someone can control the mind, they can also control the blessing?

If I understand correctly (which I might not), it's that Blessings effect the recipient's soul, so everyone protected by, say, a ground dragon's Blessing of Wind Avoidance is being protected by it affecting their souls.

The Lamia clones were created by Lamia pouring her own soul into different vessels via dilution in order to form a hivemind- when one Lamia became excluded from the Blessing of Wind Avoidance, all of them did due to sharing a single soul, which explains what happened.

I kinda sad to say, i just found out we need to make a CRT to make Ram invisible blades layered.
Otherwise, is just baseline.
I can make one, don't worry.

Layering is something that needs a CRT? If that's the case might as well wait and add every example of layering we have, eg. Unseen Hand, Sirius, Reinhard's resistances, etc.

Yeah, like the Kingdom Hearts fandom, that made a CRT to add layers to hax.
I was gonna do something like this to another verse, but then i remembered that Re:ZERO don't have they layered things accepted yet too.
We-Lost-That39s-All-I-have-to-Say-About-That-meme-18182.jpg

Back