• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Intangibility and Invisibilty
You can just combine this too, since they are the same ability.
Magic (As Spirits are composed of Mana, the defenses of said Mana should withstand intervention of Magic[4] and diminish the might of Magic,[4] so long as the Magical power is not overwhelmingly superior to their own)
Eh.
I don't think read that side story, but this don't like resistance to Magic, and more like he No-Sell a attack.

I think what he meant is that when a Spirit becomes intangible, they become invisible, so it can be a single bullet point "Invisibility and Intangibility (explanation)", rather than two seperated bullet points.

X8xD5S1.jpg

I agree

W Page. I agree with everything there.

I could honestly argue Spirits have Low-Godly regeneration though.

The Od is a spiritual aspect in nature, as is mana, and they don't need or have a physical form. They're made of a non-physical, spiritual substance that they can freely reform.

So I'd upgrade that to Low-Godly.

It'll be 110% Low-Godly regen when/if the Od is accepted as = soul, but looking at the requirements again... the Od doesn't really need to be the soul at the moment for this to be Low-Godly, right?

At bare minimum it's accepted as "life energy", and regenerating from that would still be Low-Godly, so y'know what? Yeah I'll bump this up to Low-Godly.

• Age Manipulation (Spirits do not physically age, thus altering their age would have no affect on them)
  • Poison Manipulation (Spirits are inorganic beings and thus are immune to conventional poisons, and they can simply reconstruct their body to remove any toxins from themselves. To Spirits, poison would be something like the bad Mana, Miasma, found in Witchbeasts)
  • Certain kinds of Mind Manipulation (Spirits do have a metaphysical mind, but they do not possess a brain and therefore are immune to forms of mind manipulation that specifically targets one's brain)
  • Biological Manipulation (Spirits' bodies are purely Mana woven into a body around their Od, thus they have no biological components and are immune to this ability)
  • Blood Manipulation (Spirits do not possess blood, and are thus immune to blood manipulation)
  • Bone Manipulation (Spirits do not possess bones, and are thus immune to bone manipulation)
  • Pressure Points (Spirits have no internal components that can be targeted as a weak point, thus they are immune to this ability)
Remove all this resistances, they already have this things by the simple fact of having a Inorganic Physiology as the page itself already specify, so there is no point in list this.
For this one I'm actually with @Fezzih_007 in this one, it doesn't seem much as resistance to magic and more so that since spirits are made of mana their durability it's obviously based on mana, so it's only logical that if one attack isn't strong enough it can't damage them (aka the ap of the magic is lower than their defenses).
The scans state the reasoning for magic resistance. You can't no-sell Betty's duraneg magic without it.
For how the scan word it he basically have an armor of mana strong enough that the arrows couldn't scratch it, like a barrier blocking an attack.
I'm actually not completely sure how we treat this type of cases because by this reasoning basically any ghost and non-corporeal being would have Low Godly from regenerating without a physical body.

Also, since spirits core is actually their Od and their bodies are just physical manifestations they temporarily create they should have Incorporeality, this should give people NPI if they can interact with the od of spirits.
This is already covered by the Inorganic Physiology so it's not needed to list, the part about only needing Mana can be specified in the Inorganic Physiology or in the Absorption part.
The only doing this isn't supposed to be the broken and beyon logic Reinhard? Because in that case I'm not sure if it could also be applied to spirits.
As said before, this should be changed to Incorporeality.

I'm actually not completely sure how we treat this type of cases because by this reasoning basically any ghost and non-corporeal being would have Low Godly from regenerating without a physical body.

Also, since spirits core is actually their Od and their bodies are just physical manifestations they temporarily create they should have Incorporeality, this should give people NPI if they can interact with the od of spirits.
Regenerating from a body made purely out of non-physical, spiritual, or metaphysical energy is Low-Godly.

It says as much here.

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other non-physical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Since they have no physical body or need for it they pretty much just skip to that level. That's the way it's currently treated here.

And you're correct that a ghost does in fact just have low-godly if it can regenerate itself.

See here for an example: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Physiology_(Danny_Phantom)

Aizen has Mid-Godly because soul in bleach contains mind and he can regenerate from complete erasure of that, but it's the same idea.

Last edited:
Ultimately to kill them requires some hax ie soul manipulation or energy destruction, regardless of how it's listed, so i am pretty neutral to it, fine with whatever is decided, some regen/incorporeal expert should be called, i think @Elizhaa was good at that stuff.

Remove all this resistances, they already have this things by the simple fact of having a Inorganic Physiology as the page itself already specify, so there is no point in list this.
Aight (y)

For this one I'm actually with Fezzih_007 in this one, it doesn't seem much as resistance to magic and more so that since spirits are made of mana their durability it's obviously based on mana, so it's only logical that if one attack isn't strong enough it can't damage them (aka the ap of the magic is lower than their defenses).
For how the scan word it he basically have an armor of mana strong enough that the arrows couldn't scratch it, like a barrier blocking an attack.
These arrows freeze a target's time, turning them brittle and smashing them. It bypasses durability, so magic resistance (via their natural defensive mana) would be necessary.

Incorporeality sounds good too imo, I'll wait to see what else gets said since it seems there's disagreement if it's also regen.

This is already covered by the Inorganic Physiology so it's not needed to list, the part about only needing Mana can be specified in the Inorganic Physiology or in the Absorption part.
Felt the type needed specified because they do at least need to rest.

The only doing this isn't supposed to be the broken and beyon logic Reinhard? Because in that case I'm not sure if it could also be applied to spirits.
Beatrice did actually cause Subaru to faint after draining him, and later claimed she or Puck could kill him by draining too much, but this scan was just the most convenient to show that mana drain can be used for sleep manip. Reinhard has less control than Spirits anyway.

Regenerating from a body made purely out of non-physical, spiritual, or metaphysical energy is Low-Godly.

It says as much here.

Since they have no physical body or need for it they pretty much just skip to that level. That's the way it's currently treated here.

And you're correct that a ghost does in fact just have low-godly if it can regenerate itself.

See here for an example: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Physiology_(Danny_Phantom)

Aizen has Mid-Godly because soul in bleach contains mind, but it's the same idea. He's just a soul that can regenerate.
Don't pull the Aizen card because for him gaining that it was needed various long threads debating if he should get godly regen from his regen feat after getting erased by Ichigo attack or some high regen from regenerating from something so small it was invisible. The Danny Phantom example is better though so I guess it's fine.
These arrows freeze a target's time, turning them brittle and smashing them. It bypasses durability, so magic resistance (via their natural defensive mana) would be necessary.
And what effect is supposed to have freezing the time of Mana? Like, Mana in verse is something that is supposed to be able to become brittle despite be energy?
Felt the type needed specified because they do at least need to rest.
It actually isn't, after all the Inorganic Physiology page already says that they typically don't need oxygen or nutrients:
  • Self-Sustenance: Users of the ability usually don't rely on oxygen or nutrients to function.
Beatrice did actually cause Subaru to faint after draining him, and later claimed she or Puck could kill him by draining too much, but this scan was just the most convenient to show that mana drain can be used for sleep manip. Reinhard has less control than Spirits anyway.
I would recommend to use instead the scans for those cases, at least the one were it's implied that they can die from being drained.

Don't pull the Aizen card because for him gaining that it was needed various long threads debating if he should get godly regen from his regen feat after getting erased by Ichigo attack or some high regen from regenerating from something so small it was invisible. The Danny Phantom example is better though so I guess it's fine.
It was mostly because it is mid-godly, which requires actual erasure of multiple aspects.

Low-Godly on the other hand just requires you to be able to regenerate from an aspect outside of physicality.

And what effect is supposed to have freezing the time of Mana? Like, Mana in verse is something that is supposed to be able to become brittle despite be energy?
Unknown, the point of the scan is that it states defensive mana will diminish magic's might and prevent intervention of magic. Spirit's are made of mana, and it's stated that attacks must penetrate the defenses of said mana in order to harm their Od, so their mana should counter magical intervention.

Unknown, the point of the scan is that it states defensive mana will diminish magic's might and prevent intervention of magic. Spirit's are made of mana, and it's stated that attacks must penetrate the defenses of said mana in order to harm their Od, so their mana should counter magical intervention.
If the special properties of the arrows can't even apply to begin with to the magical armour/barrier of the dragon, then the only aspect that remain its their ap which is vastly below the durability of the dragon, so no resistance to magic happens.

If the special properties of the arrows can't even apply to begin with to the magical armour/barrier of the dragon, then the only aspect that remain its their ap which is vastly below the durability of the dragon, so no resistance to magic happens.
It can affect a Dragon, but the layer mana prevents this, as it prevents intervention via magic. This is shown by the difference between the nameless Dragon and Fargall:

Beatrice: “——Minya.”

Accepting the push of resolve, Beatrice chanted.

The polished mana meddled with the world, the alteration thus born instantaneously derived results.

Light, was emitted out the laundry basket and laid a direct hit onto the opponent.

Toska: “——~hk.”

She felt Toska gulp a breath, right beside.

However, she had not the time to be mindful of his astonishment. She solely bid to decimate the opponent with her all.

Beatrice: “Minya, Minya, Minya, Minya.”

Materialised with each shout were lethal stakes shimmering in purple brought forth by Yin magic,『Minya』.

Manifest as purple crystals, they were a category of forbidden curses that froze the target’s time, attenuating their existence itself and shattering them—— an attack before whom no flesh body, no matter how robust or able, held any significance.

Dragon’s scales which not even steel could scathe were no exception, the only options to counter being either to dodge or to be clad in mana firm enough to withstand any intervention of magic.

However, negligence lost the Dragon of both said options.

Beatrice: “El Minya~a~a~a—— ~hk!!”

Lightening the weight of her body, Beatrice fusilladed a hail of purple arrows whilst dancing in the wind.

Unlike the Dragon taken out in the ambush, Fargall’s scales were clad in powerful mana. They impetuously diminished the might of magic, a firm armour that shielded its body.

Beatrice’s bombardment thwarted by the armour, not even as slight as a single strike connected.

Last edited:
Scales are a made of physical matter and thus can decay if their time it's affected, mana is not, the special property of the arrows is directly unable to affect the non-physical barrier/armour the same way that physical matter.

Ultimately to kill them requires some hax ie soul manipulation or energy destruction, regardless of how it's listed, so i am pretty neutral to it, fine with whatever is decided, some regen/incorporeal expert should be called, i think @Elizhaa was good at that stuff.
I could see Low-Godly being fine; Aizen's case is weird since technically strong souls are physical unlike those weaker, and so additional evidence was kind of required.

For the other things, I am fine with your opinions, CP, and Expectro2000xxx's.

Scales are a made of physical matter and thus can decay if their time it's affected, mana is not, the special property of the arrows is directly unable to affect the non-physical barrier/armour the same way that physical matter.
Then you agree that it's magic resistance? That Mana prevents the intervention of magic, just like the text says.

"The only options to counter being either to dodge or to be clad in mana firm enough to withstand any intervention of magic", "Fargall’s scales were clad in powerful mana. They impetuously diminished the might of magic, a firm armour that shielded its body".

The text doesn't say that Minya can't affect Fargall through the defensive mana because Minya can't stop the mana's time, it says Minya can't affect him due to the defensive mana specifically letting him resist magic.

The ability has now been added to each character's page, this can now be closed.
I don't really think staff agreed with the resistance to magic part, could be wrong though, but they mostly said to agree with my points and since I was arguing against the resistance it doesn't look like they acepted that.

Then we'll keep the discussion going. I don't really see how the quotes can be interpreted any other way though.

Additionally Puck, a Spirit like Beatrice, was able to freeze Melakuera, another Spirit, who is also physically made of mana and fire.

Back