• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabazab

Username Only
Another CRT, this time mostly for s couple pretty obvious ability additions from Arc 7 & Q&As. Trying to avoid including abilities that come from sidestories and low tier changes, since I think other folks are gonna cover 'em.

General Additions for a lot of Characters

Enhanced Senses

Pretty much everyone above Subaru's level has incredible eyesight, Emilia is suggested to have a visual acuity of 5.0 (For reference, IRL the average is 1.0 and the maximum is 2.0, so basically the claim is that Emilia's eyesight is 5 times better than average).

Reinhard, Reid, and Theresia are stated to have better vision than Shaula, who can accurately snipe targets from kilometers away.

Statistics Amplification

Any character that boosts their physical abilities via use of mana, be it through the unconscious adrenaline-like method used by lower-tier characters like Subaru, or through the Flow Method, should get this ability.

The exceptions should be non-humanoids such as Spirits, Dragons, and Meteors. As well as those who simply don't use mana that way such as the most Authority Users and non-combatants.

Characters affected:

Flow Method Users:
  • Emilia
  • Rem
  • Ram
  • Frederica
  • Roswaal L
  • Garfiel
  • Wilhelm
  • Crusch
  • Priscilla
  • Julius
  • Ricardo
  • Gaston
  • Likely Rachins
  • Likely Camberley
  • Likely Felt
  • Likely Minerva
  • Rai
  • Roi
  • Sirius
  • Libre
  • Reinhard
  • Theresia
  • Reid
  • Marcos
  • Grimm
  • Cecilus
  • Groovy
  • Balleroy
  • Elsa
  • Halibel
  • Kurgan
  • Carol
  • Roswaal J
Mana-Adrenaline Users:
  • Otto
  • Subaru
  • Aldebaran(?)
Characters unaffected:
  • Beatrice, Petelgeuse, Puck, & Melakuera (They are Spirits)
  • Ferris, Anastasia, Stride, Liliana, & Meili (Can't physically fight)
  • Regulus, Capella, Typhon, Daphne, Sekhmet, Carmilla, Hektor & Pandora (Authority Users)
  • Satella, Echidna, & Sphinx (Magicians)
  • Rom (He is a Giant)
  • White Whale, Great Rabbit, & Shaula (They are Witchbeasts)
  • Moguro (They are a Meteor)
  • Volcanica & Valgren (They are Dragons)
Note that for vs threads this won't make any of these characters average human level in base or anything- they would be considered to already be using the Flow Method at the start of any vs match I assume. This is just to acknowledge that they are using mana to enhance themselves.

Emilia (Post-Arc 4)

Absolute Zero and Time Stop

Her trump card among her spells, "Absolute Zero", goes beyond freezing merely the atmosphere, freezing time itself and even the absolute death that is the holy breath of Volcanica.

Additionally I've developed doubts that this should be included in her 7-B AP justification, as the quote suggests it's purely hax, so I think removing it from her justification is best.

Weather Manipulation

Her spell "Ice Age" can change the local season of an entire city in a normally tropical country to winter, causing snowfall.

Cecilus Segmunt

Resistance to Soul Manipulation

He shows no negative effects from constantly wielding the Dream Sword, which eats away at the holder's soul with even a single swing.

Non-Physical Interaction

He can slice fire, and he can kill invisible things just by touching them with his blade.

Reinhard van Astrea

Remove Elemental Manipulation from the "potentially" section

The scan for elemental manipulation states that Reinhard likely already has Garfiel's Blessing of Earth Spirits and the other elemental counterparts, not that he can obtain it.

Non-Physical Interaction

He is superior in skill to Wrath!Cecilus, who has the skill to kill invisible things just by touching them with his blade. He cut through Spirit Petelgeuse with his bare hand in a Lost in Memories IF, which were written by the Author.

Resistance to Madness Manipulation (Type 3)

Reinhard is able to fight every Witch of Sin, can defeat 6 of them, and stalemate Satella endlessly, thus like Reid he must be able to withstand their presence.

Resistance to Possession

If Subaru were to possess him, he could simply reject the possession.

Resistance to Black Holes

He possesses the Blessing of Magic Resistance and the Blessing of Darkness Immunity, thus he resists this ability from Beatrice.

Potentially Mind Manipulation

He can choose to regain the Divine Blessing of Mind-Changing, which can forcibly change a person's mind on anything.

Priscilla Barielle

Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction

Burned Petelgeuse out of Subaru's body, the Yang Sword can reach anyone that has not had their soul destroyed by the Life Sword. She can cut Arakiya even when she has become wind, fire, or light.

Beatrice

BFR for her Post-Arc 4 Key

She can still cast Al Shamak, though not one so large that it covers an entire field like before.

Mind Manipulation & Empathic Manipulation

El Shamak can rob a target of their very thoughts and their fighting strength itself.

Regeneration Negation

Minya freezes the target's time- transforming their body into a crystal-like material- and shatters them. This bypasses regeneration and can kill the undead.

Wilhelm van Astrea

Non-Physical Interaction

He can cut through the Unseen Hand, which is intangible.

This might scale to all swordsmen at or above his level due to the mostly linear skill progression towards the Heavenly Sword, as seen by Wrath!Cecilus being skilled enough to kill invisible things just by touching them, Reinhard being able to cut through Spirit Petelgeuse in a LiM IF, and Reid himself obviously having insane NPI already.

Opinions on whether or not this should scale between swordsmen would be appreciated.

That's it for this CRT, thank you.

Last edited:
Thats not time stop at all, it most definitily a hyperbole and floral lenguage
Is there a reason to believe this is the case?

I think you have to say in what level is this Regen Neg.
I think since it stops their time and transmutes the body itself, it would presumably bypass any form of regeneration reliant on the physical body, similarly to petrification.

At minimum it's High-Mid I believe, as zombies have regenerated from just their severed head.

Is there a reason to believe this is the case?
Instantly, a white vacuum swept over the world, accompanied with such strength that even the impossible-to-halt flow of time would be halted, a phenomenon impossible of being described as meagerly as the atmosphere being frozen.
This quote seems very exagerated
A truly astounding annihilation, accompanied by no sound or impact; and once the time that had supposedly been halted began to flow anew, Emilia readied an ice lance and flew forth.
And then we "supposedly", meaning is not even clear if actually stopped time.

And then combine with the fact that Emilia affinity is Fire Magic, the magic to control temperature, the text just suggest that she just super froze the temperature, and cancel Volcanica attack by that.
I really don't see Emilia actually stoping time.
Priscilla Barielle

Soul Manipulation
I forgot, but you have to post a quote saying that Priscilla is actually burning Pet soul.
If anyone see this, they would just think Priscilla is burning a shadow over Subaru, this is kinda out context to anyone that never watched Re:ZERO.

Last edited:
This quote seems very exagerated
And then we "supposedly", meaning is not even clear if actually stopped time.
And then combine with the fact that Emilia affinity is Fire Magic, the magic to control temperature, the text just suggest that she just super froze the temperature, and cancel Volcanica attack by that.
I really don't see Emilia actually stoping time.
Obviously "the world" is likely referring to the present space, like how Puck's absolute zero snowstorm has been called "The White World" or Elior Forest has been called "a world of Absolute Zero".

It also says that it's "a phenomenon impossible of being described as meagerly freezing the atmosphere."

Using her magic type as evidence doesn't really work since this is Re:Zero and magic types are utter bullshit- fire makes ice, water heals, earth duplicates stuff, yin and yang can to literally anything... Fire managing to stop time makes as much sense.

Additionally, absolute zero is the lowest temperatures can get, freezing all motion. Puck's absolute zero magic was matched by Melakuera's flames. Unless Puck can neg the breath of Volcanica or Melakuera is comparable to the Dragon, I don't think Emilia only dropped the temperature.

I forgot, but you have to post a quote saying that Priscilla is actually burning Pet soul.
If anyone see this, they would just think Priscilla is burning a shadow over Subaru, this is kinda out context to anyone that never watched Re:ZERO.
That seems a bit pointless, they'll just have to look at Geuse's profile/take my word for it. 'Tis pretty obvious after all.

Mostly fine, re-looking at the Cecilus Wrath IF stuff though, it says he can kill invisible things, it doesn't say intangible, so idk about NPI for that. Slashing through fire too probably doesn't count, you would need something like Arakiya's body being fire, and yet she still takes damage from him.

Things can get a little semantic with soul feats, ie Priscilla was able to affect Geuse's soul within Subaru, and her Yang Sword can reach anyone as long as their soul hasn't been destroyed, but i wouldn't be surprised if others thought it was just NPI, i have seen it happen before, i am neutral to it.

I do also agree anyone as skilled as Wilhelm with a sword should get NPI due to the UES via the Flow Method.

Yeah I agree with this although for once i agree with fezzih here. I am a bit skeptical on the time stop as well but it seems fine for now

Obviously "the world" is likely referring to the present space, like how Puck's absolute zero snowstorm has been called "The White World" or Elior Forest has been called "a world of Absolute Zero".
I mean yeah, Tappei use the word "world" very loosely, that's my point.
Because of that, i pretty sure he exagerate in the use of "even the impossible-to-halt flow of time would be halted"

It also says that it's "a phenomenon impossible of being described as meagerly freezing the atmosphere."
I know it says that, but that exactly what happened, she freeze the atmosphere and stopped the attack coming from her.
The text is just saying it would't make justice to say that it just freeze the atmosphere, because it as beyond that. But that exactly what happened.
Like, why stopping time would null Volcanica Attack? The scan not even suggest she actually stopped time, with the "Supposely"
Using her magic type as evidence doesn't really work since this is Re:Zero and magic types are utter bullshit
What you about to describe is just a case of Non-Indicative name.
- fire makes ice
Fire magic control temperature, so making Ice or Fire makes sense
, water heals
Water magic controls water and Life, so affecting life to heal wounds makes sense.
, earth duplicates stuff
Earth works by affecting the inside of the bodies of living things
, yin and yang can to literally anything
It involves just what they are described to able to do.
... Fire managing to stop time makes as much sense.
No, Fire magic, a type of magic that only is shown to affect temperature, and as been consistent till now, suddendly stoping the flow of time is complety absurd.
All other types of magic have spell that don't contradict with what they are shown to do, like Ferris can use water magic, that can control life, to ressurect himself.

I have others example, but regardless, the interpretation that she complety freeze temperature, a thing Fire Magic can do, is more believable then the interpretation she stop the flow of time, a thing Fire magic never shown to able to do.

The text suggest that just looks like she stopped time.
Additionally, absolute zero is the lowest temperatures can get, freezing all motion. Puck's absolute zero magic was matched by Melakuera's flames. Unless Puck can neg the breath of Volcanica or Melakuera is comparable to the Dragon, I don't think Emilia only dropped the temperature.
I mean yeah, that's what the text is saying.
She don't only dropped the temperature, she >>>>>>>dropped the temperature.
That seems a bit pointless, they'll just have to look at Geuse's profile/take my word for it. 'Tis pretty obvious after all.
Yeah, you gonna have to give more details than that.
Yeah I agree with this although for once i agree with fezzih here. I am a bit skeptical on the time stop as well but it seems fine for now
Wow

I know it says that, but that exactly what happened, she freeze the atmosphere and stopped the attack coming from her.
The text is just saying it would't make justice to say that it just freeze the atmosphere, because it as beyond that. But that exactly what happened.
Like, why stopping time would null Volcanica Attack? The scan not even suggest she actually stopped time, with the "Supposely"
"I know it said it didn't do this, but actually it did" doesn't do much to convince me. It would be stopping time within the effected space, like how Minya stops only a target's body's time which causes death, Emilia's Absolute Zero would stop the time of everything it envelops. Stopping time with an ice/temperature ability isn't even unheard of in fiction.

It involves just what they are described to able to do.
In the exact same conversation that states Fire controls temperature, it is said that Yin is debuffs and Yang is buffs. These are clearly basic explanations, as Yin can control space, time, gravity, and "seperation", while Yang can control space, fire heat rays, and restore destroyed objects.

Emilia is also combining her magic with Spirit Arts- she could be casting with more than one attribute (like how casting Wind magic with other attributes creates lightning magic).

I mean yeah, that's what the text is saying.
She don't only dropped the temperature, she >>>>>>>dropped the temperature.
I'm not sure "She made the temperature negative kelvin" is as likely as just believing the text in this instance.

The Author has used wishy-washy language in the past as well for blatant feats, such as "Subaru accused Reinhard of going to the moon, and jumping back in minutes", even though it's clearly not an accusation- he really did that.

Mana-Adrenaline Users:
  • Otto
  • Subaru
  • Aldebaran(?)
Subaru, and Al are more than well acquainted with the flow method. It's pretty much adrenaline only for completely unexperienced citizens. Otto is debateable because we haven't seen much of his hand to hand combat and we know he's weaker than Subaru and Al but he is trained in it.
Characters unaffected:
  • Beatrice, Petelgeuse, Puck, & Melakuera (They are Spirits)
  • Ferris, Anastasia, Stride, Liliana, & Meili (Can't physically fight)
  • Regulus, Capella, Typhon, Daphne, Sekhmet, Carmilla, Hektor & Pandora (Authority Users)
  • Satella, Echidna, & Sphinx (Magicians)
  • Rom (He is a Giant)
Rom is pretty blatantly superhuman. He's seemingly subsonic and can crush a car. Just being a big guy won't do that. And frankly, being as strong as Subaru in arc 5 is even more impressive.
  • White Whale, Great Rabbit, & Shaula (They are Witchbeasts)
  • Moguro (They are a Meteor)
  • Volcanica & Valgren (They are Dragons)
Also Anastasia because she has no mana.
Emilia (Post-Arc 4)

Her trump card among her spells, "Absolute Zero", goes beyond freezing merely the atmosphere, freezing time itself and even the absolute death that is the holy breath of Volcanica.
I'm fairly certain this refers to the effect of absolute zero itself which refers to the complete cessation of movement at a molecular level. But it does seem based on the wording the series interprets that as having an effect on time so I'm kinda neutral on this. Maybe time manipulation would be better?
Additionally I've developed doubts that this should be included in her 7-B AP justification, as the quote suggests it's purely hax, so I think removing it from her justification is best.
It's obviously not purely hax. She is using far more mana than usual to do this. Hax generally come as a byproduct of power in ReZero. We know she must be 7-B in some way since she has been compared to the likes of Echidna and Roswaal.
Non-Physical Interaction

He can slice fire, and he can kill invisible things just by touching them with his blade.
Killing invisible things just by touching them is almost certainly a wrath if only capability. I don't think it should be added to his profile unless there is a seperate key for Wrath if.

The scan for elemental manipulation states that Reinhard likely already has Garfiel's Blessing of Earth Spirits and the other elemental counterparts, not that he can obtain it.
The wording here is unclear. Do you mean that it should be listed with certainty?
Priscilla Barielle

Soul Manipulation

Burned Petelgeuse out of Subaru's body, the Yang Sword can reach anyone that has not had their soul destroyed by the Life Sword.
She should also have non-physical interaction with the Yang sword for being able to cut Arakiya in intangible mode in arc 7.

She can still cast Al Shamak, though not one so large that it covers an entire field like before.
I'm not sure if opening a portal entirely counts but if she can somehow force them into it it works I guess. The problem is that we haven't seen it transport something a distance far enough to actually be off of the battlefield.
Wilhelm van Astrea

Non-Physical Interaction

He can cut through the Unseen Hand, which is intangible.

This might scale to all swordsmen at or above his level due to the mostly linear skill progression towards the Heavenly Sword, as seen by Wrath!Cecilus being skilled enough to kill invisible things just by touching them, Reinhard being able to cut through Spirit Petelgeuse in a LiM IF, and Reid himself obviously having insane NPI already.

Opinions on whether or not this should scale between swordsmen would be appreciated.
I think it should scale to obviously who you mentioned, Theresia, Kurgan, Cecilus, and Carol. Maybe Warlock Ley too? Anyone else is probably too vague.

Last edited:
Huh, for some reason I thought Priscilla had NPI already. I'll add that to the op.

Subaru, and Al are more than well acquainted with the flow method. It's pretty much adrenaline only for completely unexperienced citizens. Otto is debateable because we haven't seen much of his hand to hand combat and we know he's weaker than Subaru and Al but he is trained in it.
They had combat training, but I don't think we've had anything explicitly suggest they purposefully use the Flow Method beyond fighting. I don't believe the difference matters very much anyway.

Rom is pretty blatantly superhuman. He's seemingly subsonic and can crush a car. Just being a big guy won't do that. And frankly, being as strong as Subaru in arc 5 is even more impressive.
He is superhuman, but whether he's mana-boosted seems uncertain as he's still weaker than any combatant, and we have no idea how strong Giants are on average. Again though I don't think him using mana is unlikely at all, I'd totally believe he does.

I'm fairly certain this refers to the effect of absolute zero itself which refers to the complete cessation of movement at a molecular level. But it does seem based on the wording the series interprets that as having an effect on time so I'm kinda neutral on this. Maybe time manipulation would be better?
I think this kinda has to be beyond absolute zero otherwise Puck existing would neg Volcanica's breath.

It's obviously not purely hax. She is using far more mana than usual to do this. Hax generally come as a byproduct of power in ReZero. We know she must be 7-B in some way since she has been compared to the likes of Echidna and Roswaal.
I agree that her true power should be Roswaal > Emilia > Echidna, and she'd be 7-B either way for making snowstorms, but Absolute Zero does seem like a hax ability that costs huge volumes of mana similar to other super-strong hax such as Ul Shamak.

Killing invisible things just by touching them is almost certainly a wrath if only capability. I don't think it should be added to his profile unless there is a seperate key for Wrath if.
Several of his statistics have their roots in Wrath IF, I think it can be added for now and seperated at a later date.

The wording here is unclear. Do you mean that it should be listed with certainty?
Yes.

I'm not sure if opening a portal entirely counts but if she can somehow force them into it it works I guess. The problem is that we haven't seen it transport something a distance far enough to actually be off of the battlefield.
It's a hole to another dimension, that's pretty far from the battlefield.

"I know it said it didn't do this, but actually it did" doesn't do much to convince me.
Is good that's not my point then, i just saying that the text is exagerating what actually being described.
It would be stopping time within the effected space, like how Minya stops only a target's body's time which causes death, Emilia's Absolute Zero would stop the time of everything it envelops.
Ok, so? Like, i know what the ability would supposely do, but i saying that's not what happenend.
Stopping time with an ice/temperature ability isn't even unheard of in fiction.
Is not that i don't believe Ice abilities could freeze time even trought that is kinda stupid but Emília time stop ability din't actually freeze time because:

• Her affinity for Magic, being Fire, never shown this capability
  • The text saiying "and once the time that had supposedly been halted" meaning that not even what actually happened
  • And combined with the fact that the interpretation that she frooze the atmosphere to such a extent that she halt the movement of everything, that being what Absolute Zero actually do.

In the exact same conversation that states Fire controls temperature, it is said that Yin is debuffs and Yang is buffs. These are clearly basic explanations, as Yin can control space, time, gravity, and "seperation", while Yang can control space, fire heat rays, and restore destroyed objects.
Techinically, since they never properly explained what Yin and Yang actually consist off, when they show up latter doing this kinda of stuff, is not actually a contradiction.

Fire Magic never as shown to Control the Flow of time before, so suddenly they have this capability is a contradiction.
Emilia is also combining her magic with Spirit Arts- she could be casting with more than one attribute (like how casting Wind magic with other attributes creates lightning magic).
She could? Is there a scan saying that this actually true trought? Combining Magic atributes to peform different spells is a thing that happen in Rezero, like Roswaal flying Magic, but is there a scan saying she actually did that? Combine her Spirit arts to use Absolute Zero?
If no...
The Author has used wishy-washy language in the past as well for blatant feats, such as "Subaru accused Reinhard of going to the moon, and jumping back in minutes", even though it's clearly not an accusation- he really did that.
I don't see how that's wishy-washy lenguage, this seems pretty clean cut to me.
I think this kinda has to be beyond absolute zero otherwise Puck existing would neg Volcanica's breath.
I guess so, Puck Absolute Zero should be comparable to Emília If that's the case.

The text saiying "and once the time that had supposedly been halted" meaning that not even what actually happened
Well the text says that it does halt the flow of time right before that, and "supposedly" has been used for things we can say for certain are true. Records of other Witches are said to be supposedly gone when we know for a fact they are. Cecilus gets referred to as supposedly the most feared gladiator, when he very much factually is. There are more examples too, it's just inconsistent.

“What…? Right, there wasn’t much left of her in the records supposedly.”
Subaru scrunched his face at Foxidna’s unexpected question. Looking back at the histories, the story went that the Witch of Envy destroyed all the other Witches of the Seven Deadly Sins, and none of their names remained.
Because of that, the only people who would make the connection between the concept of a Witch and Echidna were the people who had a direct connection with her—Emilia’s faction.
But, it was true that he, who was supposedly the most feared gladiator on the Gladiator Island, had vanished in the midst of the massacre.

Techinically, since they never properly explained what Yin and Yang actually consist off, when they show up latter doing this kinda of stuff, is not actually a contradiction.

Fire Magic never as shown to Control the Flow of time before, so suddenly they have this capability is a contradiction.
You could easily say this about Fire magic too though, you're treating it and Yin & Yang very differently.

And "never having shown it before" isn't a contradiction- if it was said Fire magic can't affect time then it'd be a contradiction. It's never stated Fire can manipulate blood, would you say the same thing about Emilia's blood hax that comes from her Fire Magic?

She could? Is there a scan saying that this actually true trought? Combining Magic atributes to peform different spells is a thing that happen in Rezero, like Roswaal flying Magic, but is there a scan saying she actually did that? Combine her Spirit arts to use Absolute Zero?

She converged as much Mana as miraculously possible and evolved it into Icicle Line.

Though Emilia possessed Mana enough to surprise even her own self, she could not manipulate those vast amounts of Mana all at once.

Regardless of how much Mana there was within her, the quantity she could bring forth at once solely amounted to the capacity of her Gate.

Yet Emilia boasted output more than ten times that of an ordinary magician, but the forte of having lived many years as a Spiritual Arts User further expanded her potential.

Magicians utilized the Mana stockpiled within themselves and through their Gates meddled with the world.

Spiritual Arts Users utilized the Mana in the atmosphere and borrowed the strength of Spirits to meddle with the world.

And, possessing groundings in both of these, Emilia was capable of doing both.

Though the amount of water capable of coming out of a tap was fixed, should that water be stored in a bucket, even greater quantities of water could be used. Emilia executed this using her own flesh body and the world.

Halting the Mana overflowing from her within in the outside world, and utilizing maximal magic heedless of her Gate――

I guess so, Puck Absolute Zero should be comparable to Emília If that's the case.
Puck just existing negging Volcanica's power is really silly and I vehemently disagree with even considering it.

Btw, does the Absolute Zero time stop thing happenend in the light novel?
Indeed.

瞬間、世界を席巻する白い空白は、大気が凍て付いたなどという表現ではなく、止めることのできない時の経過さえも止まるような威力を伴っていた。

本当に驚くほど、音も衝撃も伴わない消滅があり、止まったはずの時が再び動き出したときには、エミリアは氷槍を構えて前に飛び出していた。

Last edited:
Tappei use of words it's just inconsistent
Cool, so the fact that we can't affirm If she actually frozen time because of the contradictary statements then. Supposely being used incorrectly other times don't actually excuse the fact.
If she actually stop time, then why Volcanica attack got nullified?
Like, look at this passage:
Azure light and absolute null clashed head-on, their collision yielding a vacuum in the world.
That moment, the two maximal potencies, with not the slightest delay, opposed and extinguished each other.
Emily-chan here used AZ, and the attacks clashed, how the heck is this time stop?
She freezing the temperature to more then the maximun degree, and the attack got nullified by that. It makes sense.

Anyway, If you don't to accepted that, you could always put a likely or possibly rating on the ability, the statement is not very cut and clean.

I actually suggest to wait for the anime for visual comfirmation.

You could easily say this about Fire magic too though, you're treating it and Yin & Yang very differently.
I could say what to Fire Magic?
And "never having shown it before" isn't a contradiction- if it was said Fire magic can't affect time then it'd be a contradiction. It's never stated Fire can manipulate blood, would you say the same thing about Emilia's blood hax that comes from her Fire Magic?
The contradiction i mean is that, Fire Magic is described as being able to control the temperature, and then suddenly they show the ability to Control the Flow of time. That don't make any sense.

Like, dropping the temperature to the point you can freeze time is a thing in fiction altrough i only see this happening with Esdeath, i don't remember other characters of other series doing It but because the statement is so losely, and is already looks very exagerated, saying that did happen in this case don't put me very confident.
Puck just existing negging Volcanica's power is really silly and I vehemently disagree with even considering it.
Well, they both are described as Absolute Zero abilities, If one can do a thing, there's no reason to believe that the other couldn't. That's would't apply If you believe Emilia AZ is stronger than Puck, which is a kinda weird, but also a valid interpretation.

Last edited:
With how much Volchanica was holding back here that is very possible. Puck is vastly beyond Emilia's level. He beat Melekuera pretty easily with just his physical strength. I'd say that's not too much different in power from his passive mana vacuum.

But you're right that it totally could just be that Emilia's Absolute Zero is stronger than the baseline.
It's a hole to another dimension, that's pretty far from the battlefield.
I guess I misremembered what she actually did with it this time around...

Last edited:
I don't think Emilia's magic is stronger than Puck's- even max power Awakened Emilia isn't at his level imo- I just think that Emilia's Absolute Zero spell goes further with it's hax. Melakuera was able to match Puck's AZ, and I do think Volcanica's breath is > Melakuera's fire.

I don't think Emilia's magic is stronger than Puck's- even max power Awakened Emilia isn't at his level imo- I just think that Emilia's Absolute Zero spell goes further with it's hax. Melakuera was able to match Puck's AZ, and I do think Volcanica's breath is > Melakuera's fire.
I very strongly disagree. At full power Emilia is supposed to be just around Melekuara's level and she really hasn't gone completely all out yet. Even if her absolute zero is her going all out for a split second Melekuara should still be comparable. Again, Volchanica is just holding back to a massive degree. That should go without saying. In a way Emilia also traded blows with Ley but in actuality she's far below his speed or physical strength as well.

I very strongly disagree. At full power Emilia is supposed to be just around Melekuara's level and she really hasn't gone completely all out yet. Even if her absolute zero is her going all out for a split second Melekuara should still be comparable. Again, Volchanica is just holding back to a massive degree. That should go without saying. In a way Emilia also traded blows with Ley but in actuality she's far below his speed or physical strength as well.
I'm not speaking in terms of the power of her spell, but the actual effect it has. I've always seen at as something like a skill tree of absolute zero, where Puck is invested more into the power of the magic, and Emilia invested more into the freezing effect of the magic- if that makes sense.

In terms of actual power I'd say Emilia is comparable to the 4 Greats who are below Puck's level, but the freezing effect of her Absolute Zero is of a greater level than Puck's.

I'm not speaking in terms of the power of her spell, but the actual effect it has. I've always seen at as something like a skill tree of absolute zero, where Puck is invested more into the power of the magic, and Emilia invested more into the freezing effect of the magic- if that makes sense.

In terms of actual power I'd say Emilia is comparable to the 4 Greats who are below Puck's level, but the freezing effect of her Absolute Zero is of a greater level than Puck's.
Maybe, but that kind of thing is usually tied to power. I see no reason to believe that.

We know that being more skilled in magic while having less power is a thing given that Roswaal is a more skilled user of Fire magic than Puck, and Emilia & Subaru created the theory of her Absolute Zero during her timeskip training, similar to how Subaru & Betty came up with the original spells that are very potent despite Betty being far weaker.

I also sort of doubt that Volcanica was holding back at this moment specifically. It was confirmed to be going easy on her throughout most of the Trial when he spares Emilia's life, but then it switches up slightly- and rambles about Satella, and says that the Witch of Envy (really, Emilia) must be destroyed, before firing it's breath.

Even immediately after this, the tail whip it fires at her was going to be 100% lethal if Ram had not given her a wind boost to barely graze by.

We know that being more skilled in magic while having less power is a thing given that Roswaal is a more skilled user of Fire magic than Puck, and Emilia & Subaru created the theory of her Absolute Zero during her timeskip training, similar to how Subaru & Betty came up with the original spells that are very potent despite Betty being far weaker.
I actually forgot that subaru helped Emilia wirh developing her magic, it would make sense then that she can do some time stop shit eith her freezing magic considering Subaru probably saw Esdeath do it.
This would also imply that Subaru was a powerscaler. Now THATS a theory i am willing to get behind

I actually forgot that subaru helped Emilia wirh developing her magic, it would make sense then that she can do some time stop shit eith her freezing magic considering Subaru probably saw Esdeath do it.
This would also imply that Subaru was a powerscaler. Now THATS a theory i am willing to get behind
c24.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Roswaal’s example is comparable because he knows more spells from more affinities and can cast six at once. There's nothing to suggest any singular spell of his is better than Puck's. Puck is also extremely skilled himself. Definitely more than Emilia. But it's technically possible. Subaru helping her develop the spell is a good point. That does make me suspect it goes beyond the usual freezing.
I also sort of doubt that Volcanica was holding back at this moment specifically. It was confirmed to be going easy on her throughout most of the Trial when he spares Emilia's life, but then it switches up slightly- and rambles about Satella, and says that the Witch of Envy (really, Emilia) must be destroyed, before firing it's breath.
Hmmmm. I suppose I forgot but then the scene makes no sense. If Emilia at this point is able to match 10% of Volchanica's power then Puck was probably supposed to be right about needing half of Satella’s to kill him... I don't buy that. The Gap between Emilia and Daphne and Sekhmet and Volchanica is supposed to be large and the gap between Daphne and Sekhmet is supposedly much bigger... There's way too big of a gap for me to believe in Emilia actually blocking that attack. We can just brush it off as pis.

Haven't see any of the previous posts besides the op but here I go.
General Additions for a lot of Characters

Enhanced Senses
The enhanced sight is ok.
Statistics Amplification
This is fine and the explanation of why certain characters are not affected seem also ok.
Emilia (Post-Arc 4)

Initially I thought the time stop was flowery language but the text seem to be literal in this case so I suppose it's fine.
Weather Manipulation
Fine.
Cecilus Segmunt

Resistance to Soul Manipulation
Ok.
Non-Physical Interaction
That's not NPI, fire is something material so anyone can actually cut it, to gain elemental NPI he would need to kill, hurt or grab a being made of fire in this case for example, if cutting a fireball was enough then almost all verses would had NPI.

The second thing also isn't NPI, if there was at least some example of him "cutting invisible thing" then maybe it could be different but by itself the statement is vague enough to not give anything.
Reinhard van Astrea

It should be listed as likely based in the scan as it isn't outright confirmed but still said to be probable.
Non-Physical Interaction
Due to the spirit part it's fine (of course, as long spirit Petelgeuse is confirmed to be immaterial).
Resistance to Madness Manipulation (Type 3)
A logical conclusion so it's fine.
Resistance to Possession
lol, it's fine.
Resistance to Black Holes
Hmm, maybe a possibly? I can see the logic but I'm not sure if is enough. Also it should be pseudo-black holes as the wiki is very strict and differenciate a lot between what is supposed to be a black hole to what is actually 100% a black hole.
Potentially Mind Manipulation
Where is the statement of him being able to gain that blessing? Without that part I can't confirm if he should have the ability listed.
Priscilla Barielle

Soul Manipulation and Non-Physical Interaction
No soul manip, it's just NPI.
Beatrice

Ok.
Mind Manipulation & Empathic Manipulation
I'm fine with mind manip but the empathic manip, hmmm, I guess? I'm not completely sure.
Regeneration Negation
I guess is fine.
Wilhelm van Astrea

Non-Physical Interaction
The NPI is fine, and if this is combined with the invisible things statement then it should be fine to give it to others swordmen of equal level as him.

...better than the ten-billion timeloop theories.

Hmmmm. I suppose I forgot but then the scene makes no sense. If Emilia at this point is able to match 10% of Volchanica's power then Puck was probably supposed to be right about needing half of Satella’s to kill him... I don't buy that. The Gap between Emilia and Daphne and Sekhmet and Volchanica is supposed to be large and the gap between Daphne and Sekhmet is supposedly much bigger... There's way too big of a gap for me to believe in Emilia actually blocking that attack. We can just brush it off as pis.
Yes that's one of the main reasons why my opinion on using her AZ to scale her AP has changed!

Emilia's power blocking Volcanica's attack makes no sense- which is why I believe her AZ spell stopping time is believable. Stopping an attack's time, nullifying it, sorta like an inverse of Minya that nullifies any defence by stopping time.

Where is the statement of him being able to gain that blessing? Without that part I can't confirm if he should have the ability listed.
Ah sorry- he can gain nearly any Blessing really, but this particular side story is one where he uses it.

Reinhard held the Divine Protection of Mind-Changing, which had the potential to overthrow a country. He could not afford, then, to respond with kindness. - OUATIL

I can see how it'd be confusing with just that scan.

to gain elemental NPI he would need to kill, hurt or grab a being made of fire in this case for example
Well he did... both damaging and grabbing.
The second thing also isn't NPI, if there was at least some example of him "cutting invisible thing" then maybe it could be different but by itself the statement is vague enough to not give anything.
Besides other swordsmen being able to do it the fact that it is being hyped up as a special capability at all it enough proof. There pretty much isn't a single character who can't cut something simply invisible. Everyone has esp.
It should be listed as likely based in the scan as it isn't outright confirmed but still said to be probable.
It's likely that he already has it, not that he can get it.
No soul manip, it's just NPI.
Soul manip is necessary to damage Petelgeuse as characters with npi have been unable to and it's explicitly a character using it that kills him. Priscilla also literally has an ability called soul marriage that links souls.

Stopping an attack's time, nullifying it, sorta like an inverse of Minya that nullifies any defence by stopping time.
Ah, so you think she stop the time of the attack. I would agree but, because what i said above:
    • The quote itself seems very exageratted
    • Her affinity for Magic, being Fire that control temperature, never shown this capability
    • The text saying "and once the time that had supposedly been halted" meaning that not even what actually happened
    • And combined with the fact that the interpretation that she frooze the atmosphere to such a extent that she halt the movement of everything, by actually freezing the attack, not nescessary stoping time, and the quote implying that the effect of the attack as so impressive, that actually looked she froze time, but not that she actually did.
I fine with Likely, instead of a full rating, i don't mind being listed as likely.

Well he did... both damaging and grabbing.

Besides other swordsmen being able to do it the fact that it is being hyped up as a special capability at all it enough proof. There pretty much isn't a single character who can't cut something simply invisible. Everyone has esp.

It's likely that he already has it, not that he can get it.

Soul manip is necessary to damage Petelgeuse as characters with npi have been unable to and it's explicitly a character using it that kills him. Priscilla also literally has an ability called soul marriage that links souls.
He didn't grab fire in the scan I saw and neither hurt a being made of fire, he just cut a fireball.

Have extrasensory perception don't mean a character also have NPI, in this case with the latter example of Willheim cutting the hands of Petelgeuse then it can be linked the meaning of the statement with those, thus granting him NPI, but the statement by itself alone don't mean anything.

The likely in the P&A is used for powers that a character likely have but isn't outright confirmed, so in this case it should be listed as likely.

Where is the scan of the statement about Petelgeuse being able to only be hurt with soul manip? Because if that's the case then Reinhard should have it listed instead of NPI for example. The sword is said to be able to cut anything with a soul, that's NPI, not soul manip because there is no soul getting manipulated, and it doesn't matter if she have other abilities that manipulate souls because we where explicitly talking about the sword NPI, nothing else.

He didn't grab fire in the scan I saw and neither hurt a being made of fire, he just cut a fireball.
Yes, I don't know why that specific scan was used.
Just like with her neck, her arm had not been cut off. However, a dull sound came from Yorna’s arm with that crushing blow, and Arakiya’s body was snatched away when her grip loosened. Looking at the fallen back Arakiya, holding her waist, her savior had been Cecilus, whose nonchalant face was enough to be abhorrent.

Even though to embrace Arakiya, who was still assimilated with the flames, was the same thing as holding flames in one’s arms, his nonchalant face still did not crumble. - Sword Identity
Have extrasensory perception don't mean a character also have NPI,
I never said it does.
in this case with the latter example of Willheim cutting the hands of Petelgeuse then it can be linked the meaning of the statement with those, thus granting him NPI, but the statement by itself alone don't mean anything.
On its own it means he has something more than just esp since that's the baseline ability of anyone. It would only be enough to grant a possibly rating though.
The likely in the P&A is used for powers that a character likely have but isn't outright confirmed, so in this case it should be listed as likely.
He is superior to Wilhelm who we explicity see cutting the intangible hands. It isn't likely. It is confirmed. Especially with this additional statement.
Where is the scan of the statement about Petelgeuse being able to only be hurt with soul manip?
It's kinda hard to do that with a single scan but Wilhelm kills him multiple times and he just comes back each meanwhile when Julius does...
Because if that's the case then Reinhard should have it listed instead of NPI for example.
You're probably right but swordsmen like Wilhelm are just now getting the npi to prove that.
The sword is said to be able to cut anything with a soul, that's NPI, not soul manip because there is no soul getting manipulated,
Yes, you're right, in a vacuum. But we know NPI is not enough to hurt Petelgeuse.
and it doesn't matter if she have other abilities that manipulate souls because we where explicitly talking about the sword NPI, nothing else.
She would still get soul manipulation.

He is superior to Wilhelm who we explicity see cutting the intangible hands. It isn't likely. It is confirmed. Especially with this additional statement.

It's kinda hard to do that with a single scan but Wilhelm kills him multiple times and he just comes back each meanwhile when Julius does...

You're probably right but swordsmen like Wilhelm are just now getting the npi to prove that.

Yes, you're right, in a vacuum. But we know NPI is not enough to hurt Petelgeuse.

She would still get soul manipulation.
With that scan NPI then should be fine.

I think you got confused, the likely part was talking about Reinhard having elemental manip due to likely having the Blessing of Garfiel, nothing related to Willheim cutting hands.

That don't actually mean is needed soul manip to kill him.

NPI isn't equal to soul manip.

Being able to cut the invisible isn't equal to soul manip.

Cool, then use those things to give her soul manip because cutting things with soul isn't soul manip.

I think you got confused, the likely part was talking about Reinhard having elemental manip due to likely having the Blessing of Garfiel, nothing related to Willheim cutting hands.
I see. My bad. But it's not likely since we know he can get the Divine Protection at any point. He just possibly hasn't yet.
That don't actually mean is needed soul manip to kill him.

NPI isn't equal to soul manip.

Being able to cut the invisible isn't equal to soul manip.

Cool, then use those things to give her soul manip because cutting things with soul isn't soul manip.
Otherwise I don't think you understood a single thing I said...

Arakiya was not intangible in that scene.
With her white fingers, she gripped Arakiya’s slender throat, her throat, which should have had no true form.

Arakiya: [Ack…]

Yorna: [It is because you are wavering. Your appearance blurred, and your true form shifted to a state able to be grasped. ――You, for what purpose do you fight?]

As for NPI vs soul manip, I believe cutting a disembodied soul would be NPI, while burning a soul within a person's body would be soul manip, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back