• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reinhard van Astrea vs Tricky the Clown

The_Pink_God

She/Her
Can Skills™ beat the CLOWN!? Let's find out

• Battle takes place in Hell
  • Speed equal
  • Post-Auditor Absorbed Tricky, and He's Bloodlusted
  • 30 meters

Vs

How worrying is this gonna be? Reinhard has no resistance to any of them.
To be fair he never used most of those in a direct face-to-face battle (you can say because games have been made and released way later than majority of the episodes but to be fair this is still a problem and doesn't make it any more valid)

Reality Warping, Matter Manipulation, Madness Manipulation (Type 2) and Radiation Manipulation (Discovered Dissonant energy and found a way to contain it, which can Distort logic and the mind of others who perceive it, as well as gives off radiation.)

Can't Reinhard get a blessing that helps with that?
To be fair he never used most of those in a direct face-to-face battle (you can say because games have been made and released way later than majority of the episodes but to be fair this is still a problem and doesn't make it any more valid)
Considering Hoffnar is the one who created The Halo and discovered Dissonance Energy, I'd say that he would use more often than not, not spam ofc, but like a valid 2nd or even 3rd option he'd go for after trying his usual stuff

Well, Tricky can't exactly kill Reinhard, does he have a good passive hax?

Edit: oof, this actually sound hard, How does this works?
Reality Warping, Matter Manipulation, Madness Manipulation (Type 2), Power Nullification and Radiation Manipulation (The halo uses dissonance energy, which can Distort logic and the mind of others who perceive it, and can nullify Project: Gestalt's defenses and made it vulnerable to damage. Disonnance is also described as radiation.[1]),

Keep in mind not only the fact that Tricky during almost entirety of franchise never used abilities like deconstrucion and matter manipulation (the only time he used deconstruction was on two fodder mook and one corpse for example), there is also this fact that in animations and games we have never seen dissonance-related attacks/projectiles' range being even remotely close to tens of kilometers so Reinhard has massive range dadvantage, Tricky also almost never tries to dodge projectiles coming at him either so Reinhard won't gonna have trouble with one-shotting him over and over until he manages to find the way to escape from hell (which is breaking the white wall pillar thing). I guess i will gonna give it to the Reinhard

Keep in mind not only the fact that Tricky during almost entirety of franchise never used abilities like deconstrucion and matter manipulation
Tricky is bloodlust trought, so he probally start with that.
there is also this fact that in animations and games we have never seen dissonance-related attacks/projectiles' range being even remotely close to tens of kilometers so Reinhard has massive range dadvantage
They start 30 meters trought?

Anyway, i think Reinhard can win this, since his blessing kinda counter projectiles, which seems what Tricky does?
Blessing of Arrow Avoidance: Projectiles or long-distance attacks cannot hit him.

Reinhard can't be killed by Tricky it seems(?) Plus he has speed amp + autododge to never be hit in the first place, and he vaporizes Tricky with any attack.

This feels like it'd just be Reinhard killing Tricky for a while until he escapes hell, what exactly is the wincon here?

Anyway, i think Reinhard can win this, since his blessing kinda counter projectiles, which seems what Tricky does?
The problem is the part where if you look at the dissonant energy, you get crazy which Reinhard seems to have nothing against
Reinhard can't be killed by Tricky it seems(?) Plus he has speed amp + autododge to never be hit in the first place, and he vaporizes Tricky with any attack.
You forget the fact Tricky also has speed amps so he's always fast enough to speed blitz the opponent so they both kind of tie in that department, the auto dodge is a problem but it can only get you so far if the opponent becomes so fast that he blitzes you

The problem is the part where if you look at the dissonant energy, you get crazy which Reinhard seems to have nothing against
He has resistance to madness manipulation via Sirius who connects peoples body, mind and soul and amp all of their feelings infinitely to crush all 3 of them. He also resists Satella's passive madness manipulation
You forget the fact Tricky also has speed amps so he's always fast enough to speed blitz the opponent so they both kind of tie in that department, the auto dodge is a problem but it can only get you so far if the opponent becomes so fast that he blitzes you
Reinhard gets speed amps the more he dodges an attack, not to mention lower tier characters can dodge vastly faster characters with higher skill and he has his godly instincts to boot which can help him dodge attacks coming from outside of Space-time

He has resistance to madness manipulation via Sirius who connects peoples body, mind and soul and amp all of their feelings infinitely to crush all 3 of them. He also resists Satella's passive madness manipulation
Satella 🤦
1- Reinhard never resisted Sirius infinity feeling amp, because she never tried on him.
2- Is not listed as Madness Manipulation on the profile, neither is the Satella one
3- Even If was, is just Type 3 vs Type 2, he would't be able to resist.
not to mention lower tier characters can dodge vastly faster characters with higher skill
I holding off for now, but i really gonna make a CRT to remove this

Wait does Reinhard's "auto-dodge" works as an instinctive reaction? Cuz Tricky's very nature as a Zed kind of negates that

It warns him of things his Instinctive Reaction can't normally react to.
Ok, but the fact of the matter is that Tricky ought to at least get a hit then, his Zed physiology negates Instinctive Reactions, and since 1-) He'd get faster and 2-) He's bloodlusted then it's very likely Tricky get a few if not a lot of hits against Reinhard, and yes, this includes the dissonant energy beams

Ok, but the fact of the matter is that Tricky ought to at least get a hit then, his Zed physiology negates Instinctive Reactions, and since 1-) He'd get faster and 2-) He's bloodlusted then it's very likely Tricky get a few if not a lot of hits against Reinhard, and yes, this includes the dissonant energy beams
I don't see how what I said gave you the idea that this would allow Tricky to hit him, his Blessings cover anything that'd bypass his senses. Reinhard can also amp his physicals & he gets a speed amp from dodging.

Blessing of Initiative: He cannot be ambushed, and all initial attacks from Reinhard will connect.
Blessing of First Sight: The first time an attack is performed on Reinhard, he automatically dodges regardless of his awareness of the attack. The Blessing will wake him up even if he's asleep.
Blessing of Second Sight: The second attack and all following attacks cannot hit him, as he automatically dodges them faster than the first time.
Blessing of Arrow Avoidance: Projectiles or long-distance attacks cannot hit him.
Blessing of the Phoenix: Upon death, he is granted a "Continue" once, reviving from death fully recovered and cleansed of any negative effects. He has already used this Blessing when he was killed in his fight with the Sin Archbishop Regulus. While this Blessing could only be used once and he can't receive the same benefit a second time, he will acquire a new Blessing with a similar effect, "Blessing of the Phoenix: Next", and if that Blessing is used, he will acquire "Blessing of the Phoenix: Next Next", and so on endlessly, as the Od Laguna won't let him die.

These are the main Blessings that are issues for Tricky.

Well, I don't see how you don't understand, Tricky's Zed physiology allows him to negate and bypass Instinctive Reactions, which as you say, it's "something that bypasses his senses"
Reinhard has IR, Tricky has something that bypasses and negates IR, it's that simple really
So all the Blessings you pointed out "would be a problem" literally won't be a factor cuz Tricky negates it
Reinhard can also amp his physicals & he gets a speed amp from dodging.
Again, Tricky will always (and passively) be just fast enough to blitz him so that really doesn't help that much

Reality Warping, Matter Manipulation, Madness Manipulation (Type 2) and Radiation Manipulation (Discovered Dissonant energy and found a way to contain it, which can Distort logic and the mind of others who perceive it, as well as gives off radiation.)

Reinhard resist madness via mind hax resistance and can adapt to radiation. The radiation also isn't shown to be anything crazy in the series.

Tricky can't permanently kill Reinhard due to his blessings.

Again, Tricky will always (and passively) be just fast enough to blitz him so that really doesn't help that much
Proof? I don't recall him ever being fast enough to completely blitz MC characters for an extended duration of time.

His speed is extremely variable throughout all of his showings. It even says so in his speed section.

yeah, is that
Yeah no if you're using that screenshot to say he always blitzes his opponents I disagree.

He never actually blitzes people in the series he's just fast at times. Someone like Reinhard who is used to dealing with fast opponents and has a high degree of analytical prediction and senses is going to keep up with him.

Let's not forget that Reinhard also holds a massive advantage in ranged attacks that Tricky has never dealt with before.

Hank is literally able to fight him quite soundly, wdym. Most of the difficult just comes from his unpredictable attacks and travel speed. Sure he's faster, but this isn't a 'blitz' by this wiki's standards at all, and it especially isn't going to allow him to dodge kilometers of AoE beams from Reinhard... who has analytical prediction and enhanced sense to aid him.

So, yeah, no, I'm not buying this whole "he blitzes no matter what" argument, especially after seeing your evidence.

Tell me how Tricky kills Reinhard permanently or incaps.

Hmmm... That Pheonix blessing is sure a pain in the ass to deal with... Maybe I should put Tricky against someone else after all... But who? I wonder.

I also wonder how Nevadean phisology would interact with Sirius infinite fear, considering they empower from it. Sirius authority likely bypasses it entirely, but would be funny to imagine them getting boosted to hell and back,lol.

Back