• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Alright, where do I land!?" Kiara thought to herself. Currently, she was flying through the vacuum of space without any idea where she was heading. "My legs... Hurt so bad...!" The power she released had absolutely wrecked her legs! "I can't use that move recklessly again..."

Kiara twisted herself back to the direction of the planet she was previously on and released explosions from her palms, propelling her back down into the atmosphere. "I was too hasty... If I were up against a stronger opponent this would be the perfect time to finish me. Your so stupid, Kiara!!" She thought to herself before landing back on the battlefield, her legs trembling.

Lance was still reeling from when Kiara's attack had landed.

"Even a glancing blow...was this strong..." Lance muttered. he was now hyper-aware of the vast difference in strength between the two. if it came to matching her in an upfront fight, he stood no chance.

He turned himself invisible as he watched Kiara reenter the battlefield. the horde of illusionary clones began swarming around Kiara, hoping to distract her as he snuck behind her. in a flash, he slammed his finger against a pressure point on Kiara's left leg, hoping to take her mobility.

Lance was still reeling from when Kiara's attack had landed.

"Even a glancing blow...was this strong..." Lance muttered. he was now hyper-aware of the vast difference in strength between the two. if it came to matching her in an upfront fight, he stood no chance.

He turned himself invisible as he watched Kiara reenter the battlefield. the horde of illusionary clones began swarming around Kiara, hoping to distract her as he snuck behind her. in a flash, he slammed his finger against a pressure point on Kiara's left leg, hoping to take her mobility.
"Shit!" Kiara winced in pain as Lance struck her leg, partially imobilzing her. Kiara reacted quickly, releasing an explosion from her feet right into Lance's face to distract him. Kiara reacted fast, teleporting away from Lance after the explosion.

"My legs can't keep up... I'll lose at this rate." Kiara thought to herself, keeping her distance as she came up with a plan.

Lance, thinking quickly, shifted himself into smoke just before the explosion, causing him to get launched away and dispersed, but not injured.

Lance regained human form, and looked at Kiara

“her mobility is greatly weakened. That technique from earlier must have damaged her legs, on top of my pressure point strike” Lance thought panting heavily.

“But..I can’t afford to take even one of her blows head-on, or I’ll get completely overwhelmed.” He thought, glancing at the burn on the side of his torso, which still hadn’t healed despite his efforts of regeneration.

Lance needed to be smart. Kiara still had a very real chance of winning.

“Kiara can’t maintain her level of power forever. I'll make her waste her stamina until she's exhausted, then finish her off." Lance thought.

Raising his hands in the air, Lance began to contort and shift reality, bringing his pocket dimensional city into existence. should this be successful, he would immediately run down a nearby alley, disappearing from sight.

Lance, thinking quickly, shifted himself into smoke just before the explosion, causing him to get launched away and dispersed, but not injured.

Lance regained human form, and looked at Kiara

“her mobility is greatly weakened. That technique from earlier must have damaged her legs, on top of my pressure point strike” Lance thought panting heavily.

“But..I can’t afford to take even one of her blows head-on, or I’ll get completely overwhelmed.” He thought, glancing at the burn on the side of his torso, which still hadn’t healed despite his efforts of regeneration.

Lance needed to be smart. Kiara still had a very real chance of winning.

“Kiara can’t maintain her level of power forever. I'll make her waste her stamina until she's exhausted, then finish her off." Lance thought.

Raising his hands in the air, Lance began to contort and shift reality, bringing his pocket dimensional city into existence. should this be successful, he would immediately run down a nearby alley, disappearing from sight.
"Not a chance!" Mere split seconds before Lance had disappeared into the alleyway, Kiara shot strings made of pure fire out of her fingers, wrapping themselves around Lance and slamming him into a building, if successful.

If Lance somehow dodged the attack, Kiara would immediately change the trajectory of her strings to cut the buildings that made the alleyway in half, pulling them down to make them fall straight onto Lance. Kiara kept 2 clones on standby to make sure he didn't escape with smoke form.

"This is just a sparring match, but... Maybe I can change the power setting!" Kiara thought to herself, covering her feet in fire. "Control it, Kiara... CONTROL IT!" She screamed in her head as she teleported above the falling buildings.

"HERMES!"

Kiara shot down, slamming and vaporizing the buildings and anything under them. "I hope Lance is okay...!" She thought.

The moment Lance felt the strings of fire wrap around his body, he used his body control to split his body into innumerable small pieces, which disassembled themselves and fell through the bonds that were restraining him.

"Trying to use my own city against me huh?" Lance thought, watching Kiara knock over the buildings.

Lance in response, uses his pocket reality manipulation to forcefully alter the structure of the city itself, the buildings rapidly repairing themselves as if nothing had happened. He had learned from his mistake with Rory the 6th, and would not let someone so easily use the city against him again.

Seeing Kiara teleport in the air, Lance quickly realized that she would attempt an aerial assault. though he didn't know what. in response. Lance used his own teleportation, to travel to another spot in the city, barely getting out of the way before she activated Hermes. He had no way of dodging it once it had fired, so his only choice was to dodge before the attack began.

"By Jove, she used that technique again!" he thought, glancing at her as she charged to the ground, destroying a large portion of his city, the resulting shockwave sent him tumbling into one of the nearby buildings, landing heavily against a wall.

"Just how far is she willing to go for victory....?" Lance thought, shakily getting to his feet.

Kiara slowly landed on the destroyed ground, "Jesus christ...!" Kiara screamed in her own mind, falling flat onto her butt. "My ankles...!" Her ankles had been completely destroyed when she used Hermes for the 2nd time. "It's healing slowly but surely..."

Lance staggered towards her.

"Nows my chance..." Lance said, looking at Kiara in her weakened state.

"I can kill her now"

The thought immediately made Lance freeze in his tracks, breaking out into a cold sweat as he realized what he had just said.

"No...I'm not a mercenary anymore. I don't have to kill anymore" He said to himself, shaking slightly

"It was just a spar...no one has to die"

"I...I have changed...right? I don't want to kill anymore....right?" Lance muttered. the idea that a part of him, was perfectly willing to go for the kill made him sick to his stomach.

He tried to push the thoughts out of his mind as he walked towards Kiara, visibly shaken. Quickly, he attempted to adopt a polite facade, as if nothing was amiss.

"a wonderful performance Kiara!" Lance said.

"But I think it would be best if we ended our sparring session for today!"

"....." Lance thought for a moment.

"I...I had a talk with Belial earlier. I wanted to hear out his plan."

"The plan is...unethical. I'm sure we can both agree that what he's doing is wrong, from a moral standpoint."

"But...Belial is determined to complete his plan. even if it means separating families from each other, even if it means taking away their free will."

"....Are you sure you will be able to save him? when he's so committed to his goal?"

Kiara froze for a few seconds, "I mean... Yeah, I still believe that he can be saved." She said adamantly. "I could tell as soon as I looked at him in his new form, that he hadn't fully discarded his past feelings. He's just trying to shoulder the burden of making a better world all alone..." Kiara said, looking down.

"I used to think I could shoulder everybody's pain on my own when I was in the Real World... But life doesn't always make something like that feasible. I just want to extend a helping hand, that's all."

"Point beyond saving? Hah, I don't believe in that!" Kiara said, smiling brightly. "Everybody can be saved, Lance. Even scum like Kill-Gaia... You just need to know how." She was naive, like a child. But it was the best way she could cope with the dangers of the world.

"Everything is gonna be fine, cause I am here!"

"That's fine. Barely anyone does..." Kiara thought to herself, "Everyone is either angry, afraid, or just accepting of their predicament..." It saddened her greatly, to see everybody going through such pain.

Some were obsessed with their own rage such as David, some isolated themselves from others to achieve strength like Rory, "And I... I'm just blindly optimistic." Kiara thought to herself, her ankles finally healing completely.

"I need to get stronger too..." Kiara thought, teleporting away. "He told me to come back when I stopped seeing the world so black and white... Well, that's probably what he said, I don't remember. I'm going anyway." Kiara thought to herself, appearing in front of the door of the desert temple.

Kiara gulped, "I'll save everyone, don't worry." She entered, clenching her fists.

"My king..." Mordred walked into the Demon King's castle, bowing down to her supreme overlord. "I have searched far and wide, high and low, and after all of that searching... I have found you the 3 generals. They are of excellent strength, intellect, and most of all... They all agreed to your goal without any argument. My lord, I believe that you will very much appreciate the warriors I have gathered." Mordred said, smiling as she reveled in her own pride.

"Excellent work, Mordred. Bring them in..." Belial requested, and Mordred nodded. "Haha, Mordred, you absolute madlad! Yes, these 3 are perfect for what I want! You've earned yourself quite the feast, my brave knight." Belial said excitedly.

"Your praise is all that I desire, my lord." Mordred said, her pride now shooting through the roof as she received praise from her overlord." Mordred then looked up, "My King... What now shall you do?" She asked of him.

"We wait for Demiurge to bring the soldiers I desire. And then, we can proceed with the selection process." Belial said. (Aka a call for Reaper to give me leeway to advance the plot lol.)

Demiurge, almost if on que sent a flood of human soldiers into camps in front of Belial's castle, countless humans, strong enough to take on Calamities, many from Rory's own army and picked from the war front. Teleporting to Belial's throne room Demiurge made his report

"I have brought approximately 5 quintillion worthy candidates for the strong, while it was a bit of an annoyance to get around Yharon's enforcement Knights to initiate the process I have completed the task set for me with utmost precision, and have already selected a worthy galaxy to store the weak. But I have also tightened our defenses, I'm planning to personally attempt to recruit a certain swordsmith located near the beginning of the path to get here to increase our range of defense all the way to the beginning of the path." Demiurge reported

(And we have to get the ball rolling on the travel lol)

Demiurge, almost if on que sent a flood of human soldiers into camps in front of Belial's castle, countless humans, strong enough to take on Calamities, many from Rory's own army and picked from the war front. Teleporting to Belial's throne room Demiurge made his report

"I have brought approximately 5 quintillion worthy candidates for the strong, while it was a bit of an annoyance to get around Yharon's enforcement Knights to initiate the process I have completed the task set for me with utmost precision, and have already selected a worthy galaxy to store the weak. But I have also tightened our defenses, I'm planning to personally attempt to recruit a certain swordsmith located near the beginning of the path to get here to increase our range of defense all the way to the beginning of the path." Demiurge reported
"Perfect, Demiurge," Belial said, smiling as he crossed his arms.

Belial stood up, teleporting outside his castle as he floated above the wave of human soldiers, looking down on them. Despite his more imposing and adult look, he wore ragged and dirty clothes along with simple sneakers, so it was hard for the army to take him seriously upon first looking at him.

"Why do you remain standing? Kneel."​

Belial's booming voice made all of his soldiers bow down due to his sheer aura, causing Belial to smirk, "Our goal is simple. You were selected to be the greatest humanity has to offer, and thus, you will kneel before me." Belial said.

"You wish for a better world, correct? I can grant that to you if you simply follow me. Simple enough, correct?"​

Everybody in the crowd nodded in unison at Belial's booming orders, their heads lowered. "I guess we don't have any problems with obedience." He thought to himself, scratching his head a bit.

"We shall dub ourselves... 'Nightmare', for intimidation's sake."​

He snapped his fingers, a large flag forming in the palm of his hand. "This speech thing really has never been my specialty... Whatever, I'm like, 99% sure they all get the point." Belial thought.

"This shall be our emblem, and let it strike fear into the hearts of those who dare defy us."​

The crowd did not cheer or scream out in jubilation, simply kept their heads lowered as Belial spoke, his imposing aura making it impossible for them to move even if he wanted them to. "...Well, I guess that's out of the way," Belial said to himself.

"Alright now... Machia." Belial called out to his most loyal and most powerful servant, "Go take care of those who oppose me. You know who they are, destroy their resolve." Belial ordered.

On the top of the snowy mountain, Ulric, the giant slept. He slept for an innumerable amount of time, awaiting the call of his true king. His physical form lay there, awaiting the day that he could be truly summoned.

This was the day the giant rose from the death mountain...

"Everything... Is... For... The Master...."​

And he was off.

The castle violently rumbled, an enormous figure approaching it at speeds that could not be calculated.

(This post is a mess.)

(Also uh, this is the emblem.)
1389066369.manyworlds090_nightmare_symbol_.png

(Why it didn't load in the post goes beyond me.)

(emblem still not loading for me lol)

David shuddered. He felt something. More than a rumble. He felt something powerful. Too powerful. He began breaking out into a cold sweat as he slowly turned towards the approaching figure.

"w-what the hell is THAT?!" David said. immediately, he broke through a nearby wall, and jumped outside the castle. quickly getting ready for combat as the large being approached.

"Follow the master's orders..."​

The giant was invisible to the naked eye, but the footprints that it created were enormous, so large that you could probably fit multiple large skyscrapers in them. The beast grunted and groaned, letting out sounds that pierced everyone's ears and made them bleed.

"Here..."​

David clutched his ears, looking at the beast. It was powerful, abnormally so. he could instantly tell that he stood no chance. but he wasn't scared. rather, he was experiencing an emotion that overpowerd his fear.

Rage.

"That god damn traitor sent this thing? sent this to our house...WITH MY WIFE INSIDE?!" David yelled out, anger in his voice.

he didn't hesitate. immediately, he rushed towards the monster and began pummeling it with punches.

With each punch that landed on the invisible beast, David's hands violently exploded. The beast continued to groan, kneeling down to David so they were at eye level. The wrestler could feel its breath, so hot that it made David's skin peel.

"You carry your misguided rage, yet you still cannot scratch me..."​

The giant picked David up by the hand, standing up straight. He held David up to his eyes, revealing his true monstrous form.

Gigantomachia_Manga_Render.png

"You have strayed from your original path. You allow jealousy and rage to corrupt your blood, turning you into a beast. Even if we were of similar levels, you could never defeat me if all you carry in your attacks is blind rage."​

"Misguided....rage?" David said his anger building.

"SCREW YOU! your master betrayed our ******* trust, and is now planning on a mass ******* genocide!"

"And now you show up here, to do what? Kill us? kill my friends? KILL MY WIFE?!"

"He is gonna pay. You are gonna pay. YOU'RE ALL GONNA PAY" David thrashed around in the beast's grip in vain, desperately trying to remove himself.

"Mass... Genocide...?"​

The beast flung King Tiger into the ground, shattering his entire skeletal system. The beast kneeled down, looking down on King Tiger's broken body. It let out a sigh of disappointment and disgust.

"You know of nothing, and rage guides your fist. No conviction, no goal, just simple anger. Master... You have given me... A task of the lowest caliber. I shan't question you, though."​

David laid on the ground, completely paralyzed. every single bone in his body was broken, as he visibly flattened onto the ground. blood trickled of multiple holes in his body, from where the bones had pierced flesh.

eventually, he regenerated enough to speak.

"I....I do have a goal..." David said weakly.

"To protect....the dream world.....from you MONSTERS" David spat, blood running down his mouth

"And...to get revenge....on the man...who betrayed us..."

"Of course, my apologies. I did not realize blind anger got things done."​

The giant plopped its buttocks onto the ground, crossing its legs.

"This is a waste of time. No need to reduce morale when the opponent is already of such low caliber, physically and mentally. Master... Forgive me, but you have assigned me with the most pointless of tasks."​

Back