• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Kiara simply let out a chuckle, "Yeah, you may be right... Still, I'm... hoping he can live somewhat of a normal life, away from violence. I wanna... give him the life I never had, if that makes sense...?"

Rory flinched a bit as she heard that, before shaking her head, going back to watching Rio be a dipshit.

Kiara simply let out a chuckle, "Yeah, you may be right... Still, I'm... hoping he can live somewhat of a normal life, away from violence. I wanna... give him the life I never had, if that makes sense...?"

Rory flinched a bit as she heard that, before shaking her head, going back to watching Rio be a dipshit.
"Yeah, that'd be nice, but... well genes might get in the way of that...!" Raviathon responded, genuinely smiling a bit

Masayoshi closed the door behind her as she stepped into the room, taking a deep breath. Across from her, David had sat himself down in one of the chairs, having ripped off his shirt the moment he got into the room.

"… Let's get started…" She muttered to herself. Gingerly, she raised her hands, three, perfect duplicates appearing in front of her. Their faces were stern, calculated; lacking the usual warmth that Masayoshi displayed. With another gesture, she began to tailor their outfits, dressing each clone in different, unique attire. Distinct enough that no one would recognize them as clones from a distance, while common enough that they wouldn't stand out in a crowd.

David watched silently as she worked, staring at her intently. After a few moments, he spoke.

"… What's wrong, honey?" David asked.

Masayoshi didn't glance back. With a small flourish of her hands, her clones disappeared; teleported to discreet locations around the city to begin their investigation.

"… It's…nothing, darling." Masayoshi said. She breathed out, closely monitoring her clone's movement with their shared consciousness.

"…We've been married for years, Yoshi…I can tell when you're upset…" David said quietly.

"…You…you wouldn't understand, honey. It's…personal." Masayoshi muttered. Her arms trembled softly for a moment, before steadying themselves, the woman making another discreet magic gesture in the air. David stared at her for a moment, before slowly standing to his feet, walking up to her.

"…I might not understand…but I can listen." David said softly. He flashed her a smile, gesturing towards the bed. Masayoshi hesitated for a moment…before slowly nodding, taking a soft, deep breath.

"…This is…ephemeral, David." Masayoshi said quietly. She took a seat on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"E…phmeral?" David cocked his head, gently kneeling in front of her.

"…It means it won't last. This experience, this…journey through memory lane." Masayoshi said quietly.

David went silent, slowly nodding.

"This is OUR life, David. This is the life that was taken from us! The life we could've lived! If…if it w-wasn't for the ******* calamity!" Masayoshi said, her voice rising.

“…Then…” David said quietly. He smoothed his hair back, trying to think of the right words.

"…Why don't we enjoy ourselves, while we're here? Me and you. We could explore the city, just like you said on the train." He said quietly.

Masayoshi stared at him for a moment, before slowly taking a breath, laying back onto the bed.

"…I don't want to enjoy this…David" Masayoshi said quietly.

"…I don't…I don't want to get attached to this place, knowing it's a life we can't return to. Knowing that it's just a 'What-If' timeline that we'll never see again." She muttered. She sniffled quietly, taking a soft, shaky breath.

“…Y-you know what’s…funny? I was…I was glad, when we s-saw what happened at that parade. Glad it was so…so…normal." She said softly.

"N-no…Demon Child trying to wipe out the universe, no great evil, no…no nothing. They even had ambulances…AMBULANCES, David. No healing magic, no weird robots…" Masayoshi said. She trailed off, wiping her eyes.

"It was all so…normal…I didn't know…how much I missed that…until today…" She muttered.

David said nothing for a moment. Simply staring at the ground. Masayoshi, noticing David's silence, scoffed, shaking her head.

"What? No…speech to change my mind? No honeyed words?" She asked bitterly.

David remained silent, before slowly shaking his head.

"…Your…feelings are valid, honey. I…can’t…I won't try to convince you that everything is fine. Or that we could…ever get something like this again…" David said quietly. Slowly, he stood up, looking down at Masayoshi, the woman sniffing quietly on the bed.

"…But…we can't…we can't focus, on things we can't control. On futures that we'll…never really experience." He said quietly. Gingerly, he sat down on the bed, staring at the floor.

“…All we can do…is carve our own slice of normal…wherever we are…ya know?” David said softly.

“…And… I'd like to carve that slice of normal with you, honey. If we can."

Masayoshi stayed silent for a long while, before taking a soft, steady breath.

"…When did you get smarter than me, David?" Masayoshi said softly. She chuckled, slowly sitting up on the bed.

"…Guess hanging out with the next Einstein gave me a few new brain cells." David said, chuckling softly. He gingerly leaned over to her, putting a hand on either shoulder. With soft, delicate movements, he began to massage her flesh, his muscular fingers moving dexterously across her skin. Masayoshi let out a long, soft sigh, flashing David a weak smile.

"…thank you, honey." She said softly.

"…Anything for you, Yoshi." He said quietly. Gingerly, he leaned in, placing a soft kiss on her cheek. They remained like that for a long while, Masayoshi pressing her shoulder into his chest as he continued to massage her. Her stress didn't disappear, not really, but in that moment…she felt content.

Gabriel moved with Raviathon, an incredibly wide smile on her face as she sat next to her fellow Archangel, the exchange between her and Kiara clearly having brightened her mood.

Kiara simply waved at Raviathon lightly and smiled, moving over to sit next to Rory.

Back