• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Huh... I guess I don't have any clothes..." Okita murmured, realizing she was still in her typical Japanese attire.

"Here, Okita..." Gabriel said, snapping her fingers and manifesting a new outfit onto Okita.

"Huh... neat." She said, throwing the hood over her head.

"You all ready now? If so, let's move." Road asked. She herself wasn't particularly... Suited, to blend into human society, but clearly she didn't plan to remain visible to the common people.

"You look like you did when we first met..." Rory said to David as she manifested some Silver Aura in her hands. Swiftly, the aura would begin to freeze the atoms and molecules, solidifying the air at temperatures several times below absolute zero to form completely solid sunglasses with white rims, using some heat and sand to rapidly create lenses for the glasses. She handed a pair to Kiara after she put one on.
"Heh, I guess so. Feels kinda...nostalgic..." David muttered, looking down at his own body. He hadn't really intended to go back to his original form, but he had seemingly subconsciously defaulted to it when picking a shape for himself. Slowly, he manipulated his hair with his body control, wrapping it into a smooth, black ponytail, similar to the one he used to wear in his early days in the dream world.

"...I wonder if the folks back home recognize me like this..." David thought to himself. He glanced down at his body for a few more moments, before shaking his head, simply breathing out. There was no use dwelling on something like that.

"...I'm ready, Road." He said quietly.

Tokugawa nodded, "I promise that I won't leave you alone, Ythala. I'll be right outside if you need me." He said with a smile.
"A-alright. I-i'll...I'll only be few m-moments." Ythala said softly. She returned Tokugawa's smile, lingering in the doorway for a moment, before vanishing into the bathroom.

Last edited:
"Alright, let's move..." Road said as the group moved through the door cause I am n o t waiting for everyone to narrate their characters individually moving through the door, and...

"Alright, everybody good?" Road asked. The group seemed to be about a few miles away from the Canadian border, away from any roads as to not alert anybody of the bunch of people suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"I'm... relatively fine." Gabriel said, her nose scrunching up. She moved to scratch her forehead, as if she could smell the corruption having seeped into the Earth already...

"Good over here." Kinzer said, shrugging as he stretched out.

Metatron was silent.

"I'm fine..." Rory said, with Rio just sitting on her shoulder, scouting the area. She didn't seem to... comfortable, in this place. In fact, the prospect of being in the Real World, even if it was just an alternate version of it, made her uncomfortable. But she pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

"Are you alright, David?" Kiara asked, immediately turning to David.
"A-alright. I-i'll...I'll only be few m-moments." Ythala said softly. She returned Tokugawa's smile, lingering in the doorway for a moment, before vanishing into the bathroom.
Tokugawa nodded and smiled, waiting for her to finish.

"I'm..." Raviathon couldn't finish the sentence, her breathing quickening as she sensed the corruption, which caused her tkt ry and shake herself

"Fine here..." Yharon said quietly

"Ready." Rhongomyniad murmured

"I am prepared." Imperius said

"Fine here." Terevion said

David closed his eyes, simply feeling the cold air of the real world against his skin. It was...different, somehow. Even when slightly nullified by his unoptimized body, his enhanced senses could feel the differences between the air within the real world, compared to Eden. His body slowly began to tremble, a wave of nostalgia overtaking him.

"...I...I'm fine, Kiara." David said quietly.

Tokugawa nodded and smiled, waiting for her to finish.
After a few minutes, Ythala gently opened the door. She looked visibly better, her hair combed and styled, while her face had been vigorously scrubbed to wash away the remnant of her tears. She was still visibly shaken...but it was clear she wasn't on the verge of a breakdown anymore.

"...You...stayed!" Ythala said, a wide grin on her face as she saw Tokugawa. She fluttered her wings, launching herself into the boy as she wrapped him in a tight embrace.

Gabriel put her hand on Raviathon's shoulder, "Calm down, Raviathon... We'll get through this..."

"Alright, man, I just uh... wanted to make sure you were alright, yknow? You seem... pretty shaken, is all. I know all this stuff is stressful..." Kiara said to David, "You can talk to me if you need to, alright?"

Rory glanced at Kiara, a wave of... comfort, washing over her. It was, in a weird way, relieving to know that Kiara had someone to lean on, while also being a crutch for David to lean on should he need it. She saw it as a symbiotic relationship, something to help them both move forward through all this stress.
After a few minutes, Ythala gently opened the door. She looked visibly better, her hair combed and styled, while her face had been vigorously scrubbed to wash away the remnant of her tears. She was still visibly shaken...but it was clear she wasn't on the verge of a breakdown anymore.

"...You...stayed!" Ythala said, a wide grin on her face as she saw Tokugawa. She fluttered her wings, launching herself into the boy as she wrapped him in a tight embrace
"Of course I'd stay, Ythala. Why would I leave?" Tokugawa said with a chuckle as he returned her embrace, smiling.

Last edited:
Gabriel put her shoulder on Raviathon's hands, "Calm down, Raviathon... We'll get through this..."

"Alright, man, I just uh... wanted to make sure you were alright, yknow? You seem... pretty shaken, is all. I know all this stuff is stressful..." Kiara said to David, "You can talk to me if you need to, alright?"

Rory glanced at Kiara, a wave of... comfort, washing over her. It was, in a weird way, relieving to know that Kiara had someone to lean on, while also being a crutch for David to lean on should he need it. She saw it as a symbiotic relationship, something to help them both move forward through all this stress.
David opened his eyes, flashing Kiara a genuine, if not slightly shaky, smile.

"...thank's Kiara. I...I appreciate it." David said quietly. He cracked his neck, forcing himself out of his previous trance.

"Of course I'd stay, Ythala. Why would I leave?" Tokugawa said with a chuckle as he returned her embrace, smiling.
"I...I don't know. I...I'm just...happy you kept your promise..." Ythala said, flashing him a bright smile.

(I should probably respond to this-)

"Alright, Jack. Just stay on your guard, this is a... heavily unfamiliar environment." Okita said, "We don't know anything if at all about this time period, given we come from a time many centuries before it, so, we'll need to be careful not to seem... weird, to the common-folk."

David slowly breathed out.

"...Canada huh....guess we're a bit far from where I'm from..." David thought. He slowly cracked his knuckles, idly overhearing the conversation between Jack and Okita as he looked around at their surroundings.

"...Or...is it nearby? I...haven't looked at a map in...centuries..." David thought. He scratched his head, becoming increasingly confused as he tried to remember what the USA even looked like on a map. His fist clenched slightly, angry at himself for forgetting what used to be such obvious knowledge for him.

"...E-even if I could go home...w-would I...even know where it is...?" David muttered quietly. He stared at the ground for a moment, before slowly closing his eyes taking several, long breaths to calm himself.

"Well, I'm glad your feeling better, Ythala... Do you need anything else? I'll do whatever I can to make you more comfortable." Tokugawa offered.
Ythala flashed him a bright smile, gingerly, letting go of the boy, her wings flapping gently on her back.

"J-just..being by my side is...enough, Ythala. A-as...long as I'm not alone..." Ythala said softly.

"I-it...would be nice if I could...play some...music for you, if that's ok" She added.

Road sighed, "Look... If we have time, David, I can bring you to where you live. Do you have any vague idea what your last name was, so I can figure out your address?"
Ythala flashed him a bright smile, gingerly, letting go of the boy, her wings flapping gently on her back.

"J-just..being by my side is...enough, Ythala. A-as...long as I'm not alone..." Ythala said softly.

"I-it...would be nice if I could...play some...music for you, if that's ok" She added.
Tokugawa nodded, "I would love to hear you play for me, Ythala!"

Tokugawa nodded, "I would love to hear you play for me, Ythala!"
Ythala's smile brightened. Quickly, she summoned her harp, slowly placing the fingers on the strings.

"...W-when...o-one of my...siblings left on a...journey. We..we used to play a song for them. It was...s-supposed to bring...g-good fortune." Ythala said quietly.

"...W-we called it...Farewell of Feathers." She said quietly. She stared at the harp for a few moments, as if remembering something long past.

"...I...I didn't get to...p-play it for O-Okita. B-but...I'd l-love for you to...listen to it."

Road sighed, "Look... If we have time, David, I can bring you to where you live. Do you have any vague idea what your last name was, so I can figure out your address?"
David's eyes shot open, seemingly not fully meaning to say his thoughts aloud. He hesitated for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...Caballero." He said quietly. He ran a hand through his hair, taking a shaky breath.

"…Comes from my… dad's side of the family." He said.

Masayoshi's eyes widened slightly. Even after they were married, she'd never heard David say his last name aloud.

Last edited:
Ythala's smile brightened. Quickly, she summoned her harp, slowly placing the fingers on the strings.

"...W-when...o-one of my...siblings left on a...journey. We..we used to play a song for them. It was...s-supposed to bring...g-good fortune." Siglos said quietly.

"...W-we called it...Farewell of Feathers." She said quietly. She stared at the harp for a few moments, as if remembering something long past.

"...I...I didn't get to...p-play it for O-Okita. B-but...I'd l-love for you to...listen to it."
Tokugawa smiled back at Ythala, "I'll gladly listen, Ythala, really. I imagine it's a wonderful tune."

David's eyes shot, seemingly not fully meaning to say his thoughts aloud. He hesitated for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...Caballero." He said quietly. He ran a hand through his hair, taking a shaky breath.

"…Comes from my… dad's side of the family." He said.

Masayoshi's eyes widened slightly. Even after they were married, she'd never heard David say his last name aloud.
"Caballero... Alright, then. I'll figure out you're address." Road said, "You can go once we finish our business.

"Guess he remembers his last name, unlike me... Always thought he was hispanic, guess I was right..." Rory thought to herself, staring off into the distance.

"...W-when...o-one of my...siblings left on a...journey. We..we used to play a song for them. It was...s-supposed to bring...g-good fortune." Siglos said quietly.

(Siglos X Okita? Interesting...)

(lmao, edited)

"Caballero... Alright, then. I'll figure out you're address." Road said, "You can go once we finish our business.

"Guess he remembers his last name, unlike me... Always thought he was hispanic, guess I was right..." Rory thought to herself, staring off into the distance.
“….A-alright, Road.” He said, his voice cracking slightly. He closed his eyes, a rush of emotion building within his chest.

“…t-thank you.”
Tokugawa smiled back at Ythala, "I'll gladly listen, Ythala, really. I imagine it's a wonderful tune."
Ythala took a breath, a small smile on her face. With slow, lithe fingers…she began to play, the music spreading throughout the hall. It started as a soft, almost melancholy tune, a bittersweet sound that seemed to make the air heavier with each note. It carried the essence of longing, of a person wanting another to stay...even when they can linger no longer. If Tokugawa had ever experienced the feelings of saying goodbye to a loved one, this song would likely elicit a similar emotion.

Yet...as the tune gradually traveled through the air, it began to morph; the tempo gradually increasing, the sound slowly becoming more striking. Ythala's fingers worked in a blur of motion, the strings vibrating violently as the music reached its climax. No longer was it a song of goodbyes or loss...it was a song of celebration, the music vibrating through the air with the same intensity of a crowded festival. The celebratory tone washed over the stronghold, enveloping it in feelings of excitement and wonder.

As the song reached its end. The tempo slowly began to die down. Yet...it was no longer bittersweet, no longer somber or sad. The happy tune continued to shine through the slower tempo, up until the very last note, until her fingers finally moved away from the thin, golden strings.

"Now..." Road breathed out, "Let's move it." She said, turning to the right. She began to walk, now heading towards "road"(get it) now that the group had become situated.
Ythala took a breath, a small smile on her face. With slow, lithe fingers…she began to play, the music spreading throughout the hall. It started as a soft, almost melancholy tune, a bittersweet sound that seemed to make the air heavier with each note. It carried the essence of longing, of a person wanting another to stay...even when they can linger no longer. If Tokugawa had ever experienced the feelings of saying goodbye to a loved one, this song would likely elicit a similar emotion.

Yet...as the tune gradually traveled through the air, it began to morph; the tempo gradually increasing, the sound slowly becoming more striking. Ythala's fingers worked in a blur of motion, the strings vibrating violently as the music reached its climax. No longer was it a song of goodbyes or loss...it was a song of celebration, the music vibrating through the air with the same intensity of a crowded festival. The celebratory tone washed over the stronghold, enveloping it in feelings of excitement and wonder.

As the song reached its end. The tempo slowly began to die down. Yet...it was no longer bittersweet, no longer somber or sad. The happy tune continued to shine through the slower tempo, up until the very last note, until her fingers finally moved away from the thin, golden strings.
Tokugawa stopped smiling as he heard the song. He remained silent for a few moments.

"That was... beautiful, Ythala." He said after a few moments of silence, seemingly enamored by the music.

"Yeah…we should get going…." David muttered. Slowly, he began to walk behind Road, Masayoshi following beside him.

Lance hesitated for a moment, before following behind the group.

"I suppose it would be a bit…vain to want to attend one of my own magic shows…" he thought, chuckling softly. Hearing David's words made him remember his own time in the real world. Though, unlike David, he didn't have any serious desire to visit his past life.

Tokugawa stopped smiling as he heard the song. He remained silent for a few moments.

"That was... beautiful, Ythala." He said after a few moments of silence, seemingly enamored by the music.
Ythala stared down at her harp for a few long moments, almost overwhelmed by the nostalgia she felt from playing such an old song. Slowly, she looked up to face Tokugawa, a sad smile on her face.

"...T-thank you, Tokugawa. I...t-that means, so much..." She said quietly. Gingerly, she reached over, wrapping the boy in another tight hug, her body trembling ever so slightly.

The sound of moving vehicles became audible as the group moved rather quickly, clearly, Road hadn't situated them to far away from civilization.

As they would walk, Kiara would glance back at forth, sometimes at Rory, sometimes at David, sometimes at the sun, sometimes at the ground. She didn't really know what to think...

"So uh... Guess this is the first time in a while I don't have to look up at you." Kiara said to David in a vaguely joking manner, trying to lighten the mood, the cold, awkward ambience of simply walking making her uncomfortable. And she was right, now that David had taken this new form, they were roughly the same height, with Kiara perhaps standing an inch or so below him.
Ythala stared down at her harp for a few long moments, almost overwhelmed by the nostalgia she felt from playing such an old song. Slowly, she looked up to face Tokugawa, a sad smile on her face.

"...T-thank you, Tokugawa. I...t-that means, so much..." She said quietly. Gingerly, she reached over, wrapping the boy in another tight hug, her body trembling ever so slightly.
Tokugawa's eyes widened as she embraced him once more, just chuckling a bit. "You... really like hugs, don't you, Ythala...?"

The sound of moving vehicles became audible as the group moved rather quickly, clearly, Road hadn't situated them to far away from civilization.

As they would walk, Kiara would glance back at forth, sometimes at Rory, sometimes at David, sometimes at the sun, sometimes at the ground. She didn't really know what to think...

"So uh... Guess this is the first time in a while I don't have to look up at you." Kiara said to David in a vaguely joking manner, trying to lighten the mood, the cold, awkward ambience of simply walking making her uncomfortable. And she was right, now that David had taken this new form, they were roughly the same height, with Kiara perhaps standing an inch or so below him.
David chuckled a bit, shaking his head.

“I guess so. Feels weird, going back to my old body again.” David said. He stretched his arms out, examining his flesh.

“Though, I ain’t the only one who grew, right? Could’ve sworn ya were a bit smaller when we first met.” He asked.

Tokugawa's eyes widened as she embraced him once more, just chuckling a bit. "You... really like hugs, don't you, Ythala...?"
"S-sorry. My siblings and I used to hug each other all the time. T-they make me feel…h-happy." She said softly, chuckling a bit.

David chuckled a bit, shaking his head.

“I guess so. Feels weird, going back to my old body again.” David said. He stretched his arms out, examining his flesh.

“Though, I ain’t the only one who grew, right? Could’ve sworn ya were a bit smaller when we first met.” He asked.
"I mean, we did meet technically millions of years ago... Plus, I eat a lo- Uh, used to eat a lot... So I'm bound to grow." Kiara said, flinching as she accidentally brought up her waning eating habits. The vague memory of her poor attempts at eating the cake Lance offered her surfaced in her mind, her appetite having long since weakened severely, but, she shook her head, pushing it to the back of her mind once more.
"S-sorry. My siblings and I used to hug each other all the time. T-they make me feel…h-happy." She said softly, chuckling a bit.
"It's fine, Ythala, I'm just... not used to this much physical contact on a regular basis." Tokugawa said, beginning to hug Ythala back.

David hesitated for a moment, glancing at Kiara.

“I guess ya not eating for two anymore, now that the babies out.” David said, scratching his head.

“But…make sure ya ain’t skipping meals, alright? Don’t wanna lose all that muscle ya got.” David said. His tone was lighthearted, but a hint of worry mixed into his words.

"It's fine, Ythala, I'm just... not used to this much physical contact on a regular basis." Tokugawa said, beginning to hug Ythala back.
Ythala smiled.

“I…I understand. T-thank you for…being so…accepting, anyway. I…I just…really need…s-someone to…h-hug right now…” Ythala said quietly. The smile remained on her face, yet her voice cracked audibly, her slender body trembling in his embrace.

David hesitated for a moment, glancing at Kiara.

“I guess ya not eating for two anymore, now that the babies out.” David said, scratching his head.

“But…make sure ya ain’t skipping meals, alright? Don’t wanna lose all that muscle ya got.” David said. His tone was lighthearted, but a hint of worry mixed into his words.
"I ain't skipping meals, yah dope!" Kiara said, her tone also lighthearted. The group continued to approach the road until they'd gotten within a mile of it, the road visible from this distance without the group being spotted for now, at least. Traffic seemed rather heavy, but that didn't particularly matter, what did matter, though...

"So... Anybody here know how to drive?" Rory proceeded to bring up.
Ythala smiled.

“I…I understand. T-thank you for…being so…accepting, anyway. I…I just…really need…s-someone to…h-hug right now…” Ythala said quietly. The smile remained on her face, yet her voice cracked audibly, her slender body trembling in his embrace.
"And I understand that, Ythala... I'll hug you for as long as you need me to." Tokugawa promised, his grip around her becoming tighter.

"I ain't skipping meals, yah dope!" Kiara said, her tone also lighthearted. The group continued to approach the road until they'd gotten within a mile of it, the road visible from this distance without the group being spotted for now, at least. Traffic seemed rather heavy, but that didn't particularly matter, what did matter, though...

"So... Anybody here know how to drive?" Rory proceeded to bring up.
“Heh, glad to hear, Kiara. Just checkin’ in” He said, seemingly a bit relieved by her answer. He glanced at Rory, before slowly shaking his head.

“…I…forgot how to…a long time ago. Haven’t been behind the wheel since I left the Real World…” David said, breathing out.

“…I’m sure Yharon could figure something out, if he wants to take a spin at it.” David said, glancing at the man.

Masayoshi nodded, folding her arms around her chest.

“I can drive if needed, although…I’ve forgotten some of the…rules of the road, so to speak.” she said.

"And I understand that, Ythala... I'll hug you for as long as you need me to." Tokugawa promised, his grip around her becoming tighter.
“T-thank y-you…” She whispered. She pressed her face against the boy’s shoulder, sniffling softly as he held her. She would remain like this for as long as he allowed her to, simply being comforted by the boy’s embrace.

Back