• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Road turned back, glancing at Masayoshi. She then asked:

"I assume your all humans from the version of Earth that The Ultimate Evil destroyed yes? Most of you, anyway."

Rory and Kiara froze for a moment, while Okita seemed more confused than anything.

"Ultimate Evil...?" She thought, "And... what's this about Earth being destroyed?"
Lance simply nodded, his gaze turning to the floor. He slowly snatched a cigarette from his coat, placing it in his mouth. A dim fire erupted from the tip, adding its meager light to the illuminated path before them.

David's eyes widened slightly, the man fidgeting uncomfortably on his feet as he heard Road's words.

"...Yeah....me and...some of the others...came from that world." David said, scratching his head.

Masayoshi's eyes narrowed slightly.

"...Where are we going, Road?" She repeated quietly.

"........."

Tokugawa remained silent for a few moments, before breathing out. "Would you like the objective answer...? Or the... sugarcoated one?"
Ythala said nothing for a few long moments.

"S-she...s-she...s-said s-she'd...c-come...c-come b-back t-to me..." Ythala whispered.

"...S-she...s-she...s-she has t-to...s-she has to come back. S-she...s-she...promised..." Ythala said. Her nails began to dig into her arms, the woman trembling violently as she repeated what Okita had told her.

"S-she...s-she'll...c-come...c-come back...r-right...?"

Road was about to answer Masayoshi, before Okita cut her off.

"Wait a moment. What exactly is going on here? What is she talking about?" She asked, confusion evident in her eyes.
Ythala said nothing for a few long moments.

"S-she...s-she...s-said s-she'd...c-come...c-come b-back t-to me..." Ythala whispered.

"...S-she...s-she...s-she has t-to...s-she has to come back. S-she...s-she...promised..." Ythala said. Her nails began to dig into her arms, the woman trembling violently as she repeated what Okita had told her.

"S-she...s-she'll...c-come...c-come back...r-right...?"
"Ythala, first off, calm down, you look like your about to have an anxiety attack..." Tokugawa said, grabbing her hands forcefully and prying them away from her arms so she couldn't claw into them, easily overpowering her.

David breathed out, nodding at Yharon’s words.

“…Yeah, that’s…basically what happened.” He said, scratching his head.

“Rory, myself, and some of the others got…lucky, I guess. We didn’t get caught up in the impact itself. So we were able to…escape to the dream world. I think Kiara’s the only one of us born in the wasteland itself….” David said.

"Ythala, first off, calm down, you look like your about to have an anxiety attack..." Tokugawa said, grabbing her hands forcefully and prying them away from her arms so she couldn't claw into them, easily overpowering her.
Ythala struggled within Tokugawa's grip, her breathing ragged and strained.

“S-she…n-needs…n-needs t-to…t-to come back!!” She yelled out, nearly screeching the words as she writhed in his grip.

“S-she’s a-all I-I h-have!!”

Okita froze for a moment, "That's... I... I don't know what to say..." She murmured, clearly extremely sympathetic.

Rory just breathed out, shaking her head as she gripped Kiara's hand. "It's... ugh..." She wanted to say something, but she simply grunted.

Ythala struggled within Tokugawa's grip, her breathing ragged and strained.

“S-she…n-needs…n-needs t-to…t-to come back!!” She yelled out, nearly screeching the words as she writhed in his grip.

“S-she’s a-all I-I h-have!!”
"YTHALA!!!" Tokugawa raised his voice, immediately contrasting with his usually soft, gentle, childlike tone as a booming shout rang throughout the field.

"Calm down, and breathe!"

Okita froze for a moment, "That's... I... I don't know what to say..." She murmured, clearly extremely sympathetic.

Rory just breathed out, shaking her head as she gripped Kiara's hand. "It's... ugh..." She wanted to say something, but she simply grunted.
“…it’s…alright, Okita. It’s been a long time, I…I barely remember it anymore…” David said. He flashed her a small smile, though it didn’t reach his eyes.

“…I’ve…found my people here. That’s what’s important, ya know?” He said.

Masayoshi glanced at David. Slowly, she grabbed his hand, giving it a soft squeeze.

“You…still haven’t told us where we’re going, Road.” Masayoshi said quietly.

"YTHALA!!!" Tokugawa raised his voice, immediately contrasting with his usually soft, gentle, childlike tone as a booming shout rang throughout the field.

"Calm down, and breathe!"
Ythala went quiet, her face paling as the sound of his voice echoed all around them. Slowly…she took a breath, tears gently trailing down her cheeks.

“I…I need her…” She repeated quietly.

"I... I suppose that's good then, David. I'm glad." Okita said, breathing out. No point in dwelling on it.

Kiara shuddered for a moment, before just shaking her head rapidly, clearly uncomfortable with the topic and working to clear her mind.

"I agree with Masayoshi... Get to the point, Road." Gabriel said, her grip around Cullthane tightening.

Road sighed, "Unlike in the past, when Cullthane and his students resided in Eden, my father, Adam has split it up among my siblings... Into separate segments, if you will. Separate timelines. Eden's branches lead into separate timelines, after all. To make it short, in layman's terms, we need to defeat Adam's creations, gain strength in the process, and then face him when he's without protection from his creation and we're at our greatest. It just so happens that one of the domain's he granted to his creations, my... siblings, happens to be an alternate version of your Earth. Where it was never destroyed. Most likely to observe human behavior and use them as... experiments for a new, infinitely more potent version of his corruption."

Ythala went quiet, her face paling as the sound of his voice echoed all around them. Slowly…she took a breath, tears gently trailing down her cheeks.

“I…I need her…” She repeated quietly.
Tokugawa pulled Ythala into an embrace without hesitation, "Ythala, she will return to you... I promise you that she will... You need to remain strong until she does..."

Road sighed, "Unlike in the past, when Cullthane and his students resided in Eden, my father, Adam has split it up among my siblings... Into separate segments, if you will. Separate timelines. Eden's branches lead into separate timelines, after all. To make it short, in layman's terms, we need to defeat Adam's creations, gain strength in the process, and then face him when he's without protection from his creation and we're at our greatest. It just so happens that one of the domain's he granted to his creations, my... siblings, happens to be an alternate version of your Earth. Where it was never destroyed. Most likely to observe human behavior and use them as... experiments for a new, infinitely more potent version of his corruption."
"So he's creating a series of guinea pigs to enhance himself with experiments through the interaction of worlds, heh bad but brilliant" Omega said casually, the sword has been bored divided all this from the training so this mission will be the best for get "adrenaline", of course also to stop her father/creator

"So, he wouldn't go in seeing how his experiments begins to disappear? If they are that important, Adam probably have something to let him know that something is happening to they?" Asked Reaver, Griffin's katana, he usually didn't talk to anyone other than Griffin but this was important

"...." Road went silent, glaring at the weapons for a moment, before sighing.

"Don't worry about that. Attracting his attention is the last thing we'd want, anyway....." She groaned, clearly not wanting to go into detail on the nature of Adam's... "research".

Gabriel's wings instinctively hugged Raviathon over, "Calm down, Raviathon... I'm here..."

Masayoshi froze, her eyes widening as she stared at Road.

“A..timeline where earth still…” She muttered. She recalled Zonolo, the kid she had met a long while ago, had also come from such a timeline, it wasn’t exactly an impossibility…yet….

“…H-how…how similar is this…timeline to our…own?” Masayoshi asked quietly.

David's body went rigid, a wave of confusion washing over him. He said nothing, but visibly fidgeted on his feet, extremely uncomfortable.

Jack at this point began to think that Adam is very trusting when it comes to security or Road has disabled that security or is there a third possibility beyond his reasoning ability, at the end of all to be divine entities, they are very vague with their answer, probably because they are in trauma mode🤔, well, just hope they're not reading his mind, it's rude not to be able to have own thoughts

Road grunted, rubbing the bridge of her nose in frustration. She clearly had multiple concerns about Adam noticing that she had betrayed him and taking action already, and was not in the mood to openly discuss the possibility.

"In terms of how identical the timeline is to your own, I'd say it's pretty much the same, albeit it's around 2 or so years before the meteor hit your planet..." She confirmed to Masayoshi.
Raviathon forced herself to start breathing deeply to try and calm herself, though she was having little success
Gabriel just continued to hug Raviathon into her wings as they moved, using her abilities to forcefully calm her friend down.

David took a shaky breath, running a hand through his hair.

"...W-where?" David said quietly, his voice cracking slightly.

"...In t-this timeline...where are we going?"
Tokugawa pulled Ythala into an embrace without hesitation, "Ythala, she will return to you... I promise you that she will... You need to remain strong until she does..."
Ythala closed her eyes, burying her face into Tokugawa’s shoulder. For several long moments, she said nothing, sniffling softly as she embraced the boy.

“R-r…remain…s-s…strong?” she repeated quietly, her body trembling in his grip.

David took a shaky breath, running a hand through his hair.

"...W-where?" David said quietly, his voice cracking slightly.

"...In t-this timeline...where are we going?"
"North America... Around Canada." Road explained, breathing out. "That's where I believe the majority of the corruption has surfaced... And where we'll find our enemy."

Kiara turned to David, a look of worry flashing in her eyes for a moment before she shook her head. She could talk to him later, she thought...
Ythala closed her eyes, burying her face into Tokugawa’s shoulder. For several long moments, she said nothing, sniffling softly as she embraced the boy.

“R-r…remain…s-s…strong?” she repeated quietly, her body trembling in his grip.
"Yes, Ythala... You can do that, right...?" Tokugawa asked.
Raviathon slowly calmed, eventually opening her eyes

"I'm trying so hard not to lose it..." Raviathon telepathically murmured to Gabriel
Gabriel gripped Cullthane tighter, shuddering a bit as she just remained silent and listened to the conversation. It was clear that she was not in the best state of mind to answer Raviathon's question, just processing all the information swiftly. She worried about whether or not Adam would notice their plans and make a move, or whether or not the enemy would be to strong for the group... But she shook her head, breathing out. She hugged Raviathon closer to her, to the point they were shoulder-to-shoulder, just breathing out.

"North America... Around Canada." Road explained, breathing out. "That's where I believe the majority of the corruption has surfaced... And where we'll find our enemy."

Kiara turned to David, a look of worry flashing in her eyes for a moment before she shook her head. She could talk to him later, she thought...
David stared at her for a moment, before slowly breathing out.

"...Will this world...disappear, once we deal with this corruption?" David said quietly, his voice hollow.

"Yes, Ythala... You can do that, right...?" Tokugawa asked.
Ythala said nothing for a few moments, before slowly meeting Tokugawa's gaze.

"P-please..." Ythala murmured. She hiccuped slightly, holding back another sob.

"...P-please...s-stay...s-stay w-with m-me..." Ythala said quietly.

"...I-I...I...w-want t-to....t-to b-be s-strong...b-but...I...I c-cant...c-can't b-be...a-alone." She said softly.

"Haha..." Kinzer released a hollow chuckle at Rhongomyniad's joke as they walked, looking down a bit. He didn't really... understand the whole situation, but he could vaguely sympathize.

Gabriel pushed Raviathon away with her wings, not returning her hug as she breathed out, but still keeping the girl wrapped in her wingspan.
David stared at her for a moment, before slowly breathing out.

"...Will this world...disappear, once we deal with this corruption?" David said quietly, his voice hollow.
"No, David. It's a legitimate timeline, not an artificial one... The removal of the corruption will only ensure time flows as normal." Road explained, "Though I know you have... doubts."
Ythala said nothing for a few moments, before slowly meeting Tokugawa's gaze.

"P-please..." Ythala murmured. She hiccuped slightly, holding back another sob.

"...P-please...s-stay...s-stay w-with m-me..." Ythala said quietly.

"...I-I...I...w-want t-to....t-to b-be s-strong...b-but...I...I c-cant...c-can't b-be...a-alone." She said softly.
"I will stay with you, Ythala, alright...? Your my best friend... I'd never abandon you." Tokugawa assured her.

"No, David. It's a legitimate timeline, not an artificial one... The removal of the corruption will only ensure time flows as normal." Road explained, "Though I know you have... doubts."
David slowly breathed out.

"...Alright....alright..." David muttered.

"...We...we probably w-won't...have time for...detours, right?" David said quietly.

"I will stay with you, Ythala, alright...? Your my best friend... I'd never abandon you." Tokugawa assured her.
Ythala took a shaky breath, forcing a small, sad smile onto her face.

"...T-thank...t-thank y-you...T-T...Tokugawa..." Ythala said quietly.

"...T-t...t-thank y-you....s-so....m-much..." She muttered. She pressed herself into his shoulder again, her tears dripping onto his clothing.

David slowly breathed out.

"...Alright....alright..." David muttered.

"...We...we probably w-won't...have time for...detours, right?" David said quietly.
"...." Road sighed, "Just... check in with the group before you go off anywhere. Is that clear?"

Kiara made a mental note of that rule, and so did Rory, though, she didn't really plan to do much... wandering.

Ythala took a shaky breath, forcing a small, sad smile onto her face.

"...T-thank...t-thank y-you...T-T...Tokugawa..." Ythala said quietly.

"...T-t...t-thank y-you....s-so....m-much..." She muttered. She pressed herself into his shoulder again, her tears dripping onto his clothing.
"Come on, Ythala... Let's get you cleaned up..." Tokugawa said, standing up and holding his hand out towards Ythala.

"...." Road sighed, "Just... check in with the group before you go off anywhere. Is that clear?"

Kiara made a mental note of that rule, and so did Rory, though, she didn't really plan to do much... wandering.
David nodded, looking at the ground.

"...Alright. Just...just wondering, is all." David muttered. He seemed distracted, though he didn't say anything more.
"Come on, Ythala... Let's get you cleaned up..." Tokugawa said, standing up and holding his hand out towards Ythala.
Ythala hesitated for a moment, before slowly lifting her hand, her small, lithe fingers interlocking with Tokugawa's.

"...A-alright..." Ythala said softly. Her lips rose into a genuine smile, her wings flapping gently as she clutched the boy's hand.

"Alright, David..." Road said, before the group came up to another door. Road breathed out.

"Ground rules. One, don't draw attention to yourself. We're already on thin ice, and if Adam notices that we're here, we're basically ******. So no body control shenanigans, or supernatural martial arts, or magic, or weapon creation, or any feats of physics breaking power whatsoever! Try to look as normal as possible..."

Gabriel sighed, "Alright alright... Wish you would've told us that..." She said as she retracted her wings completely, tapping Cullthane and the ground beneath to prompt him to shift out of Weapon Form, as carrying around a big golden staff was... attention-drawing, to say the least. She figured she couldn't do anything about her forehead tattoos, which was the same for Road, causing her to sigh.

"Just put some gloves on our something, Lance." Metatron said telepathically, wanting to hide himself in Weapon Form as he clearly didn't desire to transform back.

Kinzer let out a sigh, tapping his staff on the ground as it dissipated. He figured a change in wardrobe was warranted, so, using magic, he produced some new clothing onto himself and just got ready to go into a foreign environment.

Rory sighed, simply removing her uniform and wrapping it around her waist like a belt. She dissipated the carrier thing that kept Rio attached to her front since it was formed from her Silver Aura, and decided to simply carry the boy. She figured the scars painting her body would be alarming to some, but, she vaguely remembered people in the Real World who were in similar condition, so it didn't really matter to her.

"I guess I look normal enough..." Kiara mumbled to herself, wondering if her current wardrobe was enough to look particularly "normal". She wasn't one to care for looks, so, she figured she'd go to someone like Masayoshi for advice on that if she really felt it as an area of concern.
Ythala hesitated for a moment, before slowly lifting her hand, her small, lithe fingers interlocking with Tokugawa's.

"...A-alright..." Ythala said softly. Her lips rose into a genuine smile, her wings flapping gently as she clutched the boy's hand.
Tokugawa would lead Ythala out of the dimension, swiftly pulling her throughout the base and leading her to a bathroom. "Do you need some help freshening up, or are you good on your own?"

Yharon heard that and instantly knew his more "Kingly" attire was so far out of place it wouldn't even be funny, so he made his armor disappear, in it's place a simple shirt and pants, with his orange hair, which was fairly long, in a ponytail with sunglasses on, as to cover up his white irises

Rhongomyniad at first didn't feel the need to change her outfit, it definitely wasn't eye-catching, though she then thought that if they were going to that area more Japanese attire would catch an eye or two, and decided to change her outfit a few times ever so slightly, looking far more western, and she put sunglasses on because Red Eyes are very rare in humans and would definitely catch eyes

Imperius, while he definitely preferred to be made known, understood that this wasn't a spot to be so, and so he simply banished his armor, instead putting on gloves and a long sleeve black shirt and pants, his own hair allowed to flow free

Cullthane simply shifted his weapon form, he didn't at all trust Adam wouldn't be on the lookout for him, and so his face couldn't be shown, and instead made himself out to be a seemingly normal stick, with none of the power that'd normally be amping Gabriel as she held him

Terevion shifted his clothing from leather armor to shirt and pants, removing his guns from his person as he knew even one normal-looking gun would catch eyes

Raviathon shifted back, changing her robes into a baggy coat, gloves, and very thick pants with hard shoes, she wasn't bothered by the cold, but she did like to have thick clothing

David sighed, slowly nodding.

"...Yeah...we...shouldn't draw attention to ourselves..." David said quietly. Suddenly...David's muscles began to condense in on themselves, pressing down into his body. His flesh writhed and contorted, his bones restructuring themselves as slowly but surely...he began to shrink. This process happened for a few more seconds, until David's flesh gradually returned to normal. His skin remained the same, tanned color it had become, but his muscles were notably smaller, condensed in on themselves so, from the outside observer, he only looked as buff as the average athlete. His limbs had shrunken slightly, the man now standing at roughly 6'8, instead of his normal 10'0 height. Still taller than average, but not necessarily out of the ordinary.

"Honey...can ya make me an outfit?" David asked, turning to Masayoshi.

"...I thought you'd never ask, honey." Masayoshi asked, a small smile on her face, glad she could give David some actual fashion for once. Waving her hand, she summoned a simple, yet stylish coat for him, combined with a matching pair of form-fitting jeans. His rather large feet were covered by thick, black boots, the kind one would normally wear in a colder climate.

"Don't take that off until we leave, alright? I know you're used to walking around in...much less." She said, chuckling despite the situation.

David breathed out, flashing her a small smile himself. Though he was somewhat uncomfortable wearing so many layers.

"...I know I know honey. Thanks for the clothes." David said.

Lance nodded at Metatron's words, summoning a simple, large pair of black gloves onto his gauntlet.

Tokugawa would lead Ythala out of the dimension, swiftly pulling her throughout the base and leading her to a bathroom. "Do you need some help freshening up, or are you good on your own?"
Ythala slowly shook her head, seeming much calmer now that she was with Tokugawa.

"...I...I'm f-fine d-doing it m-myself." Ythala said softly

"B-but...w-wait f-for me...a-alright? P-please d-don't...l-leave...w-while I-i'm in there..." She said. She flashed him a soft smile...though desperation dripped from her words.

"You look like you did when we first met..." Rory said to David as she manifested some Silver Aura in her hands. Swiftly, the aura would begin to freeze the atoms and molecules, solidifying the air at temperatures several times below absolute zero to form completely solid sunglasses with white rims, using some heat and sand to rapidly create lenses for the glasses. She handed a pair to Kiara after she put one on.

"What's this?" Kiara asked, tilting her head.

"Sunglasses. Our eye color's are pretty unnatural, and we don't want to stand out. They'll be a bit cold, but, they won't melt." Rory said. Kiara shrugged, just putting them on.

"Alright!" She said, glancing at David as she did. He really did look how he looked when they had first met at Belial's castle...
Ythala slowly shook her head, seeming much calmer now that she was with Tokugawa.

"...I...I'm f-fine d-doing it m-myself." Ythala said softly

"B-but...w-wait f-for me...a-alright? P-please d-don't...l-leave...w-while I-i'm in there..." She said. She flashed him a soft smile...though desperation dripped from her words.
Tokugawa nodded, "I promise that I won't leave you alone, Ythala. I'll be right outside if you need me." He said with a smile.

Back