• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"O-Oh...! Uh, I won't... Yeah, it's just a phase... Whatever that is..." Kiara murmured, chuckling awkwardly.
David nodded, scratching his head.

"Y-yeah. It's just something he might grow out of, ya know?" David said.

"...Anyway, don't mean to keep ya two. Good luck in ya spar."

The child was unappeased, ignoring the pleas of its mother. It held out its tiny hands and beckoned Lance towards him, signaling for the magician to walk closer to him.
Lance hesitated before standing up, swallowing slightly as he saw the child beckon him.

"What could he want...?" Lance thought. Gingerly he took a few steps towards him, leaning down in front of him.

"...Rio, I meant no offense..." Lance said, flashing the child a small smile.

"Just be prepared when he grows up and becomes a rebel, hehe" Grue laughed.
David nodded, scratching his head.

"Y-yeah. It's just something he might grow out of, ya know?" David said.

"...Anyway, don't mean to keep ya two. Good luck in ya spar."
"U-Uh, yeah! Yeah... You ready, Grue...?" Kiara asked, turning to the man.
Lance hesitated before standing up, swallowing slightly as he saw the child beckon him.

"What could he want...?" Lance thought. Gingerly he took a few steps towards him, leaning down in front of him.

"...Rio, I meant no offense..." Lance said, flashing the child a small smile.
Rory just had a confused look plastered across her expression meanwhile Rio pointed to Lance's neck, and then back to himself. And then, Rio put his fists together, as if he was grabbing something, and then proceeded to snap that something... If Lance was any smart, he would realize what Rio was snapping. Further "transgressions" would not be tolerated by the child, it seemed.

Rory just had a confused look plastered across her expression meanwhile Rio pointed to Lance's neck, and then back to himself. And then, Rio put his fists together, as if he was grabbing something, and then proceeded to snap that something... If Lance was any smart, he would realize what Rio was snapping. Further "transgressions" would not be tolerated by the child, it seemed.
Lance had understood the child's message, and clearly so, a bead of sweat gently running down the side of his face as he saw the babies hand's snap his imaginary neck.

"U-Understood, Rio." Lance said softly, flashing the child a shaky smile. Hurriedly, he took a few steps back, returning to his seat.

"...What a frightening child..." Lance murmured, his weary eyes not taking his eyes off Rio, as if he could lunge at any moment.

"Yes, and you?" Grue said, he was going to test his own abilities as a h2h fighter to see how much difference there was between fighting with a sword and fighting with his hands.
"Oh, yeah, I'm ready! Where do you wanna throw down?" Kiara asked.
Lance had understood the child's message, and clearly so, a bead of sweat gently running down the side of his face as he saw the babies hand's snap his imaginary neck.

"U-Understood, Rio." Lance said softly, flashing the child a shaky smile. Hurriedly, he took a few steps back, returning to his seat.

"...What a frightening child..." Lance murmured, his weary eyes not taking his eyes off Rio, as if he could lunge at any moment.
"Whaaa....?" Rory just watched that go down with confusion.

Metatron could be heard snickering from behind his contractor, "What foolishness... Are you really afraid of that boy, Lance?"

(So I was looking for images but I didn't find anything that caught my attention)

the ring was not very different from a normal one, there was a 60-meter square platform made of granite, having four columns in each corner, 15 meters from the ring there were some stands where you (David) could watch the combat.

Griffin was 20 meters from Kiara watching her to see what her first action would be while he was in a defensive position

(So I was looking for images but I didn't find anything that caught my attention)

the ring was not very different from a normal one, there was a 60-meter square platform made of granite, having four columns in each corner, 15 meters from the ring there were some stands where you (David) could watch the combat.

Griffin was 20 meters from Kiara watching her to see what her first action would be while he was in a defensive position
(Oof.)

Kiara did a few stretches before getting into her stance, breathing out as she observed Grue.

"Alright... We can do this. We can do this... Calm down..." Kiara thought to herself. It was a mantra of sorts to keep herself calm in her current mental state, to keep herself functional.

As Kiara finished her stretches and got into her stance, she immediately concentrated blue flames around her arms and legs, forming the heat gauntlets she had used in her fight against David. The flames themselves melded with her muscles, pumping heat throughout her body as Kiara had clearly grown from her fight with David. The flames were concentrated like sniper bullets, capable of scorching even atoms, while the heat pumping throughout her body simultaneously concentrated explosive amounts of kinetic energy and power without harming herself as she did during her battle with David. She awaited Grue's move, eyeing him even now.
"O-of course not! J-just...just humoring the child is all..." Lance said indignantly, though he notably didn't take his eyes off the young boy.
"Oh, don't be such a wuss, the boy can't harm you. He most likely is upset that you tricked him. Give him something else to entertain himself with, but don't trick him again, or else he won't trust you." Metatron suggested, seeming to know a lot about children.

"Oh, don't be such a wuss, the boy can't harm you. He most likely is upset that you tricked him. Give him something else to entertain himself with, but don't trick him again, or else he won't trust you." Metatron suggested, seeming to know a lot about children.
Lance raised an eyebrow, glancing back towards Metatron.

"I...never expected you to know about taking care of children, Metatron. I was under the impression you did not like them..." He said. While speaking, he levitated the pacifier he had created earlier, gingerly moving it into the baby's vision to see if he'd like it.

Lance raised an eyebrow, glancing back towards Metatron.

"I...never expected you to know about taking care of children, Metatron. I was under the impression you did not like them..." He said. While speaking, he levitated the pacifier he had created earlier, gingerly moving it into the baby's vision to see if he'd like it.
"Oh, I don't, absolutely not. But when I was younger and my brothers would create herds of new angels, taking care of them as children was something necessary... Physically fully grown, mentally the age of a toddler, most newborn angels are.." Metatron explained, sighing.

Rio glanced at the pacifier, skeptical. Lance's previous trick left the boy on-guard, and he was unsure if he should accept this foreign object.

"It seems that you don't go around the detours and straight to the point" Grue said a barrier appeared surrounding his body, although it will reduce the effect of the heat and prevent him from being incinerated to atoms, he knew that the more damage he takes the less he can withstand that barrier, Grue thought of a strategy, directly attack the parts with less flames and stay on the defensive

"It seems that you don't go around the detours and straight to the point" Grue said a barrier appeared surrounding his body, although it will reduce the effect of the heat and prevent him from being incinerated to atoms, he knew that the more damage he takes the less he can withstand that barrier, Grue thought of a strategy, directly attack the parts with less flames and stay on the defensive
Kiara's eyes dilated, before she rushed forward. The distance between her and Grue was closed in an instant as she wasted no time in delivering a basic, straight-punch towards his gut. The movement was simple, but it was dangerous, and clearly so, that single motion containing such precision that it seemed as if it wouldn't even miss if Grue was the size of a Planck-length, as if it could strike at the atoms that made up the air directly with its accuracy.

As soon as Grue released his kick Kiara's feet skid across the ground as she turned and avoided it with only a nanometer to spare. At the same time, her singular punch seemed to multiply into a flurry of multiple punches and strikes at the flick of her wrist, striking primarily from the front. She could've made her attacks come from all possible directions, but, unlike in her spar with David, she wasn't as serious as that here, and as such wouldn't expend to much energy on offense unless Grue pushed her.

Kiara cocked her head, seemingly impressed. Figuring it'd be fine to increase the tempo of her blows, she began accelerating her attacks as well as they began shifting angle mid-blow, the constant, rapid shift in angle practically every moment making them unpredictable.

Kiara cocked her head once more. The technique reminded her of a skill she'd seen David use before, the "Thousand Arms" skill, though his energy arms were formed from abstract willpower instead of whatever energy that Grue was using. Charging forward with an explosion from behind herself, as well as the built up heat and kinetic energy she had stored from within her arms and legs, Kiara blitzed forward at alarming speeds in an attempt to ram Grue into the ropes of the ring.

if Grue was Jack, then he would teleport, if only he was, but no, he lacked such ability, so he relied on his evasion skills and momentarily used Desbreak, that was the boost he needed, he jumped up almost taking off at a great speed, he knew there was a possibility that Kiara would change her trajectory but that would cost even her at such speed, so she would have enough time to prepare

Kiara's eyes flickered. The moment before Grue set off into the air, Kiara kicked off of the ground, narrowly predicting where he would move and moving the tiniest instant before he did, allowing her to catch him as he set off into the air, grabbing him by the sleeve and pulling his face right into a flying knee-kick.

It was a basic martial arts skill, to predict where someone would move through the slightest twitches of their muscles, and it was a technique that Kiara had used many times before, especially as a master of martial arts. The tiniest twitch in one's muscles could give insight into many things, including countless millions of possible attack patterns. In her fight against David, who could control the position and movements of his muscles, blood flow, and other physical factors, it wasn't practical to try and predict his movements using this skill since he could very easily give her analytics false info, but against Grue, it was perfect.

Luckily for Grue, being covered in energy allowed him to move his body abnormally which reduced the damage taken (Especially because we don't want Grue to be reduced to atoms lol), and allowed him to momentarily land a hit on Kiara through of simply extending his energy and shaping it into a fist, he did not need to contract his muscles or sometimes think to perform such a feat.

take a hit in order to hit, a fair deal.

(Especially because we don't want Grue to be reduced to atoms lol)
(Gone, reduced to atoms...)

Kiara narrowly dodged the attack with barely a planck-length to spare, a bruise appearing on her cheek before straightening her hands and fingers, delivering a fierce Mongolian chop to Grue's neck, a move that she had replicated from David and had perfected many times over.

Grue was taken directly to the ground creating a small crater due to the high speed, the heat had generated some steam, Grue had to regen his neck, because Kiara had broken his neck a bit and he came out of the crater.

"You're good at hitting but bad at letting yourself get hit" Griffin joked probably because it was a friendly battle he could generate some comments

"Oh, I don't, absolutely not. But when I was younger and my brothers would create herds of new angels, taking care of them as children was something necessary... Physically fully grown, mentally the age of a toddler, most newborn angels are.." Metatron explained, sighing.

Rio glanced at the pacifier, skeptical. Lance's previous trick left the boy on-guard, and he was unsure if he should accept this foreign object.
"Heh…they sound like quite the handful! Though…I find it hard to imagine you and Cullthane taking care of newborns like that…" Lance said, chuckling. Gingerly, he levitated the pacifier closer to Rio, moving slowly so as not to alarm the boy with sudden movements. The pacifier began a gradual decent, landing in the boy's small hands, should he choose to catch it.

"Heh…they sound like quite the handful! Though…I find it hard to imagine you and Cullthane taking care of newborns like that…" Lance said, chuckling. Gingerly, he levitated the pacifier closer to Rio, moving slowly so as not to alarm the boy with sudden movements. The pacifier began a gradual decent, landing in the boy's small hands, should he choose to catch it.
"I was mostly the one who took care of it, as the oldest..." Metatron said with crossed arms as Rio did indeed catch it, now examining the object that was in his hands. He glanced back at Lance to see if it was a trick, pondering if he should make good on his promise to snap his neck.

"I was mostly the one who took care of it, as the oldest..." Metatron said with crossed arms as Rio did indeed catch it, now examining the object that was in his hands. He glanced back at Lance to see if it was a trick, pondering if he should make good on his promise to snap his neck.
"Oh? Surely the other Seraphim would want to take care of their own angels, right? I imagined they would care for them like mother and child..." Lance asked. He raised his arms towards Rio, before shaking his head, as if to signal that he wasn't planning on tricking him again.

"Oh? Surely the other Seraphim would want to take care of their own angels, right? I imagined they would care for them like mother and child..." Lance asked. He raised his arms towards Rio, before shaking his head, as if to signal that he wasn't planning on tricking him again.
"Most would have more important things to worry about... For the brothers who couldn't care for their angels, I stood in for them, since I never made any spawn." Metatron said, as Rio took the pacifier and put it in his mouth as he should, realizing it wasn't a trick. Suckling on it for a few moments, he removed it from his mouth, before pointing to Lance, and then nodding, as if saying "you are spared for now", before putting the object back in his mouth.

Kiara fell to the ground, dusting herself off a bit as she landed about a meter away from where Grue was.

"Well, I'm a Martial Artist, not a tank, so it ain't like I'm gonna let myself get hit unless I need to..!" She responded back.
"Well, let's see if I can adapt to reach you" Grue said who ran faster than before, it seemed that he was going to launch an uppercut to Kiara's face

"Most would have more important things to worry about... For the brothers who couldn't care for their angels, I stood in for them, since I never made any spawn." Metatron said, as Rio took the pacifier and put it in his mouth as he should, realizing it wasn't a trick. Suckling on it for a few moments, he removed it from his mouth, before pointing to Lance, and then nodding, as if saying "you are spared for now", before putting the object back in his mouth.
Lance breathed a small sigh of relief, flashing a smile at Rio, before turning to Metatron.

"If you don't mind me asking...why did you decide against creating an angel for yourself? I am sure with your experience, you would have more than enough knowledge to take care of one." Lance said.

"Well, let's see if I can adapt to reach you" Grue said who ran faster than before, it seemed that he was going to launch an uppercut to Kiara's face
Kiara easily predicted this move and moved to dodge, but kept her guard up in case it was simply a bait move.
Lance breathed a small sigh of relief, flashing a smile at Rio, before turning to Metatron.

"If you don't mind me asking...why did you decide against creating an angel for yourself? I am sure with your experience, you would have more than enough knowledge to take care of one." Lance said.
"Never saw a reason to." Metatron said flatly, "You couldn't even fathom how many time my siblings asked me to, but, again, never really saw a reason. Kind of impractical, really."

"Never saw a reason to." Metatron said flatly, "You couldn't even fathom how many time my siblings asked me to, but, again, never really saw a reason. Kind of impractical, really."
"I suppose that's fair enough. You already took up quite the task caring for...the other Seraphrim's angels." Lance said, nodding in understanding. He glanced towards Rhongomyniad, raising an eyebrow.

And so it was, Griffin quickly kicked Kiara's foot at a higher speed.
Kiara countered instantly, flipping over and delivering 3 seamlessly simultaneous kicks. The first two were meant to shake the brain from both sides violently, with the final strike to the back of the head meaning to be a knockout blow.
"I suppose that's fair enough. You already took up quite the task caring for...the other Seraphrim's angels." Lance said, nodding in understanding. He glanced towards Rhongomyniad, raising an eyebrow.
"...you know Metatron, did any Seraphim- other than you- ever fall in love with a mortal?" Rhongomyniad asked
Metatron glared at Rhongomyniad, "One, I'm not in love... Two, it's rude to poke into the personal matters of one's dead family without permission..."

Back