• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"...Guess I can't half-ass it with you..." David said, smiling. Putting his hand out, he began to imbue the metal with a significant amount of gravity. The weight grew noticeably heavy in Kiara's grip, David's gravity clearly taking effect.

"...That better?" He asked.

Meanwhile.

As Masayoshi was practicing water magic...her brow furrowed suddenly. The conversation she had with Jirachi in the last Lostbelt nagging at her brain. Gingerly, she reached into her pocket dimension, pulling out the card Jiarchi had given her earlier.

"...Jirachi...are you there...?" Masayoshi said quietly.

"...Guess I can't half-ass it with you..." David said, smiling. Putting his hand out, he began to imbue the metal with a significant amount of gravity. The weight grew noticeably heavy in Kiara's grip, David's gravity clearly taking effect.

"...That better?" He asked.
"Yeah...!" Kiara said, now putting in visible effort in lifting the weight. She seemed far, far more comfortable with this way, and would've requested more weight, but was reluctant for some reason.
As Masayoshi was practicing water magic...her brow furrowed suddenly. The conversation she had with Jirachi in the last Lostbelt nagging at her brain. Gingerly, she reached into her pocket dimension, pulling out the card Jiarchi had given her earlier.

"...Jirachi...are you there...?" Masayoshi said quietly.
The card began to glow a gentle gold, with light spewing out of it. Swiftly, that light formed, with the Wishing Spirit presenting herself from the charm and floating in the air.

She yawned. "You called...?" Perhaps she was in the middle of a nap.

"Yeah...!" Kiara said, now putting in visible effort in lifting the weight. She seemed far, far more comfortable with this way, and would've requested more weight, but was reluctant for some reason.
David nodded, giving her a thumbs up as he watched her lift the dumbbells. A smile was visible on his face, seemingly happy he could teach Kiara about one of his hobbies.

"...Ya doing great, Kiara. Let me know if ya want to switch exercises or increase the intensity." David said.

The card began to glow a gentle gold, with light spewing out of it. Swiftly, that light formed, with the Wishing Spirit presenting herself from the charm and floating in the air.

She yawned. "You called...?" Perhaps she was in the middle of a nap.
Masayoshi chuckled, hovering up to her in the air.

"...Sorry to disturb your...rest, Jirachi. But...I have a question about what we talked about earlier..."

"...About escaping these Lostbelts..." She added.

David nodded, giving her a thumbs up as he watched her lift the dumbbells. A smile was visible on his face, seemingly happy he could teach Kiara about one of his hobbies.

"...Ya doing great, Kiara. Let me know if ya want to switch exercises or increase the intensity." David said.
Kiara, by the time David had finished talking, had already finished multiple reps, her form perfect and her breathing steady.

"Well... ha... after I do a couple dozen sets of this, I'd like to try working on my legs... No specific muscle group, really... just anything I can do to work on my legs... Mind handing me another one of those weights...?" Kiara asked, glancing at another dumbbell of the same weight she was lifting, clearly swiftly opting to increase the intensity of her workout.
Masayoshi chuckled, hovering up to her in the air.

"...Sorry to disturb your...rest, Jirachi. But...I have a question about what we talked about earlier..."

"...About escaping these Lostbelts..." She added.
"Haaa... Ask away..." Jirachi said, creating a floating hammock for herself.

Kiara, by the time David had finished talking, had already finished multiple reps, her form perfect and her breathing steady.

"Well... ha... after I do a couple dozen sets of this, I'd like to try working on my legs... No specific muscle group, really... just anything I can do to work on my legs... Mind handing me another one of those weights...?" Kiara asked, glancing at another dumbbell of the same weight she was lifting, clearly swiftly opting to increase the intensity of her workout.
"Sounds good! I can teach ya some squatting techniques once you finish that set, if you'd like." David said. Grabbing another weight from the rack, he handed it to Kiara, altering the gravity around it to make it as heavy as the other one.

"Haaa... Ask away..." Jirachi said, creating a floating hammock for herself.
"...." Masayoshi breathed out, nodding.

"...When I asked you...about leaving the Lostbelt, you said the only thing you could see...was an angel. A white-haired girl with many wings, and a strange cross-like marking on her head..." Masayoshi said.

"...That was Gabriel. Wasn't it? " Masayoshi asked.

"Sounds good! I can teach ya some squatting techniques once you finish that set, if you'd like." David said. Grabbing another weight from the rack, he handed it to Kiara, altering the gravity around it to make it as heavy as the other one.
"Alright!" Kiara said, beginning to gradually speed up while maintaining her perfect form. After around 10 minutes, she had completed a couple hundred reps, sweat dripping from her body and very, very gently piling up beneath her.

"Oop... My hands kinda hurt... I should probably take it easy..." Kiara thought to herself, realizing she had been gripping the handles a bit to tightly. She stopped her workout and set the weights back onto the rack, wiping some sweat from her brow.
"...." Masayoshi breathed out, nodding.

"...When I asked you...about leaving the Lostbelt, you said the only thing you could see...was an angel. A white-haired girl with many wings, and a strange cross-like marking on her head..." Masayoshi said.

"...That was Gabriel. Wasn't it? " Masayoshi asked.
"Uh, yeah. I kinda thought it was pretty obvious that was the princess..." Jirachi murmured quietly as she tossed and tumbled around.

"Though the crosses on the head may have made it a bit hard to tell..."

"Alright!" Kiara said, beginning to gradually speed up while maintaining her perfect form. After around 10 minutes, she had completed a couple hundred reps, sweat dripping from her body and very, very gently piling up beneath her.

"Oop... My hands kinda hurt... I should probably take it easy..." Kiara thought to herself, realizing she had been gripping the handles a bit to tightly. She stopped her workout and set the weights back onto the rack, wiping some sweat from her brow.
While Kiara had been lifting, David had grabbed a few weights of his own, beginning to do some Bicep Curls alongside her. Periodically, he glanced down to see if she was doing alright, but quickly realized she had mastered it. He smiled, returning to his workouts until she completed her set.

"...Ya want to take a break? Or are you fine to keep going?" David asked her, glancing down at the women.

"Uh, yeah. I kinda thought it was pretty obvious that was the princess..." Jirachi murmured quietly as she tossed and tumbled around.

"Though the crosses on the head may have made it a bit hard to tell..."
Masayoshi rolled her eyes, chuckling softly.

"...I suppose it was, but it's better to be clear than to work off incomplete information..." Masayoshi said. She went into a sitting position in the air, crossing her legs.

"...If I brought you to...the princess...can you tell her what you know about what will happen to her...?" Masayoshi said.

While Kiara had been lifting, David had grabbed a few weights of his own, beginning to do some Bicep Curls alongside her. Periodically, he glanced down to see if she was doing alright, but quickly realized she had mastered it. He smiled, returning to his workouts until she completed her set.

"...Ya want to take a break? Or are you fine to keep going?" David asked her, glancing down at the women.
"Oh, no, I can keep going. I just gripped the handles a bit to tightly. It hurt my hands, and I don't wanna crush the weights." Kiara said, shrugging as she loosened her collar a bit, breathing out.
Masayoshi rolled her eyes, chuckling softly.

"...I suppose it was, but it's better to be clear than to work off incomplete information..." Masayoshi said. She went into a sitting position in the air, crossing her legs.

"...If I brought you to...the princess...can you tell her what you know about what will happen to her...?" Masayoshi said.
"I... don't know much though, Yoshi. What I saw and told you is all I know." Jirachi said bluntly, "If I had anything else to say, don't yah think I would've told you by now, yah dolt...?"

"Oh, no, I can keep going. I just gripped the handles a bit to tightly. It hurt my hands, and I don't wanna crush the weights." Kiara said, shrugging as she loosened her collar a bit, breathing out.
David nodded in understanding.

"You want to try some hand stretches? That could help ease some of the discomfort." David offered.
"I... don't know much though, Yoshi. What I saw and told you is all I know." Jirachi said bluntly, "If I had anything else to say, don't yah think I would've told you by now, yah dolt...?"
Masayoshi breathed out, nodding as she floated through the air.

"...I...suppose so." Masayoshi said wearily.

"...How much does Gabriel herself know? I don't want her to be...in the dark, about what could happen to her here..." Masayoshi said.

David nodded in understanding.

"You want to try some hand stretches? That could help ease some of the discomfort." David offered.
"Nah, I can just mess around with my muscles and make the pain go away in a sec." Kiara said, opening and closing her hands and shaking them a few times before the pain seemed to go away.
Masayoshi breathed out, nodding as she floated through the air.

"...I...suppose so." Masayoshi said wearily.

"...How much does Gabriel herself know? I don't want her to be...in the dark, about what could happen to her here..." Masayoshi said.
"Uh, I dunno. I think you overestimate how much I interact with the princess, cause I'm trapped in a ring all day..." Jirachi said, letting out a yawn.

"Nah, I can just mess around with my muscles and make the pain go away in a sec." Kiara said, opening and closing her hands and shaking them a few times before the pain seemed to go away.
"Alright! Sounds good." David said. He slowly reached out his hand, manipulating gravity around the room. Two large barbells, one for each of them, slowly began to float into the air, before landing softly at their feet.

"...I can teach you some basic barbell squats, if you're up for it. It's good for working a lot of the muscles in your lower body." He said.

"Uh, I dunno. I think you overestimate how much I interact with the princess, cause I'm trapped in a ring all day..." Jirachi said, letting out a yawn.
Masayoshi cocked her head, floating sideways for a moment as she looked at Jirachi.

"...Are you unable to reach out to her through the ring itself? I know Gabriel occasionally talks to...Shalor, I think, using the ring." She said.

"Alright! Sounds good." David said. He slowly reached out his hand, manipulating gravity around the room. Two large barbells, one for each of them, slowly began to float into the air, before landing softly at their feet.

"...I can teach you some basic barbell squats, if you're up for it. It's good for working a lot of the muscles in your lower body." He said.
"...What's a barbell?" Kiara asked, looking down at the weight at her feet.

"Is that what this is?"
Masayoshi cocked her head, floating sideways for a moment as she looked at Jirachi.

"...Are you unable to reach out to her through the ring itself? I know Gabriel occasionally talks to...Shalor, I think, using the ring." She said.
"I mean, yeah, I could probably do that, but do you think I do? Again, I don't talk to her, none of the soldiers do." Jirachi said, continuing to toss and turn.

"...What's a barbell?" Kiara asked, looking down at the weight at her feet.

"Is that what this is?"
"Yep!" David said. Gingerly he picked up the bar from the ground, lifting it with both hands.

"Their basically uh...larger dumbbells, for our purposes. In the real world, you could attach additional weight to them on either side of the bar, to make them heavier. But my gravity already takes care of that, so it isn't necessary here." David explained.

"I mean, yeah, I could probably do that, but do you think I do? Again, I don't talk to her, none of the soldiers do." Jirachi said, continuing to toss and turn.
Masayoshi shrugged, righting herself in the air.

"...I guess that's fair enough. I suppose I'll...talk to her after this...better safe than sorry." Masayoshi said. She smoothed her dress with her hands, deep in thought.

"...Before you leave, can I ask one more question?"

"Yep!" David said. Gingerly he picked up the bar from the ground, lifting it with both hands.

"Their basically uh...larger dumbbells, for our purposes. In the real world, you could attach additional weight to them on either side of the bar, to make them heavier. But my gravity already takes care of that, so it isn't necessary here." David explained.
"Oh! So... I just pick them up with both hands?" Kiara asked, bending down and wrapping her hands around the handle.
Masayoshi shrugged, righting herself in the air.

"...I guess that's fair enough. I suppose I'll...talk to her after this...better safe than sorry." Masayoshi said. She smoothed her dress with her hands, deep in thought.

"...Before you leave, can I ask one more question?"
"Ask away, happy to help.." Jirachi said, turning to Masayoshi.

"Oh! So... I just pick them up with both hands?" Kiara asked, bending down and wrapping her hands around the handle.
"Yep! Unlike Dumbbells, they used two hands for this." David said. Looking around, he manipulated the room's gravity, slowly bringing over two of the barbell racks.

"So basically, the exercise is like this." David said. Slowly, David placed the barbell on the barbell rack, before stepping underneath it, grabbing the weight with both hands. Stepping backward, he began performing a basic Barbell Squat, making sure his movements were telegraphed and easily understandable as he demonstrated the proper form. He lingered in the squat for a few moments, before slowly standing back up, and placing the barbell back on the rack.

"Was that clear? Ya a quick learner, so I figured I didn't need to go over much of the technical stuff..." David said, glancing back at her.
"Ask away, happy to help.." Jirachi said, turning to Masayoshi.
Masayoshi nodded. She hesitated for a moment, before speaking.

"...Is there any way...wish or otherwise...that the worlds destroyed in these Lostbelts can be...restored?" Masayoshi asked quietly. Her eyes stared intently at Jirachi, awaiting her answer with bated breath.

"Yep! Unlike Dumbbells, they used two hands for this." David said. Looking around, he manipulated the room's gravity, slowly bringing over two of the barbell racks.

"So basically, the exercise is like this." David said. Slowly, David placed the barbell on the barbell rack, before stepping underneath it, grabbing the weight with both hands. Stepping backward, he began performing a basic Barbell Squat, making sure his movements were telegraphed and easily understandable as he demonstrated the proper form. He lingered in the squat for a few moments, before slowly standing back up, and placing the barbell back on the rack.

"Was that clear? Ya a quick learner, so I figured I didn't need to go over much of the technical stuff..." David said, glancing back at her.
"Yeah, it was pretty clear." Kiara said, before gently lifting the barbell upward. Replicating David's movements to a T, she performed a basic Barbell Squat, shuddering a bit.

"Oh...! I like that!" She said, seeming to enjoy the feeling of this particular exercise. She did say she wanted to work on her legs, after all.
Masayoshi nodded. She hesitated for a moment, before speaking.

"...Is there any way...wish or otherwise...that the worlds destroyed in these Lostbelts can be...restored?" Masayoshi asked quietly. Her eyes stared intently at Jirachi, awaiting her answer with bated breath.
Jirachi looked at Masayoshi, her face drooping.

"Lostbelts are... 4-Dimensional Space-Time Continuums sustained by a Fantasy Tree... Yknow, copies of historical areas and events and all that. While limited to a 3-Dimensional Scale within them, I can't like, restore them with a wish, I'd need Higher-Dimensional power to do that. But assuming you ever get out of the Lostbelts it may be feasible you could use your Higher-Dimensional Manipulation to reform them... It's a possibility." Jirachi explained, "Cause yknow, Lucid Dreamers manipulate Higher-Dimensions and all that."

"Yeah, it was pretty clear." Kiara said, before gently lifting the barbell upward. Replicating David's movements to a T, she performed a basic Barbell Squat, shuddering a bit.

"Oh...! I like that!" She said, seeming to enjoy the feeling of this particular exercise. She did say she wanted to work on her legs, after all.
"Awesome!" David said, smiling at her. Waving his hand, he began to imbue the bar Kiara was holding with his gravity, gradually putting a significant amount of weight onto the metal. It was a good deal heavier than the individual dumbells, but nothing Kiara wouldn't be able to handle.

"...Let me know if I should make it heavier, alright?" David said.

Jirachi looked at Masayoshi, her face drooping.

"Lostbelts are... 4-Dimensional Space-Time Continuums sustained by a Fantasy Tree... Yknow, copies of historical areas and events and all that. While limited to a 3-Dimensional Scale within them, I can't like, restore them with a wish, I'd need Higher-Dimensional power to do that. But assuming you ever get out of the Lostbelts it may be feasible you could use your Higher-Dimensional Manipulation to reform them... It's a possibility." Jirachi explained, "Cause yknow, Lucid Dreamers manipulate Higher-Dimensions and all that."
Masayoshi stared at Jirachi, mulling over her words.

“…We did ascend to the realm of lucid dreamers quite a while ago…higher dimensional manipulation should certainly be in our purview once we return…”Masayoshi said.

"…but…what about the people themselves? Can they be restored?” Masayoshi asked.

"Awesome!" David said, smiling at her. Waving his hand, he began to imbue the bar Kiara was holding with his gravity, gradually putting a significant amount of weight onto the metal. It was a good deal heavier than the individual dumbells, but nothing Kiara wouldn't be able to handle.

"...Let me know if I should make it heavier, alright?" David said.
"Make it heavier!" Kiara exclaimed immediately, before immediately shaking her head.

"I-I mean, please make it heavier, if you would..."
Masayoshi stared at Jirachi, mulling over her words.

“…We did ascend to the realm of lucid dreamers quite a while ago…higher dimensional manipulation should certainly be in our purview once we return…”Masayoshi said.

"…but…what about the people themselves? Can they be restored?” Masayoshi asked.
"I mean, you could probably resurrect them through conceptual or information manipulation... Assuming that the existence erasure of the Lostbelts doesn't go beyond your capabilities." Jirachi responded, "Which is why I said, it's only a possibility."

"Make it heavier!" Kiara exclaimed immediately, before immediately shaking her head.

"I-I mean, please make it heavier, if you would...
David chuckled, shaking his head.

"Alright, alright, I've got ya covered." David said. Holding out his hands, he began steadily increasing the gravity around the bar, multiplying its weight by several times.

"I mean, you could probably resurrect them through conceptual or information manipulation... Assuming that the existence erasure of the Lostbelts doesn't go beyond your capabilities." Jirachi responded, "Which is why I said, it's only a possibility."
Masayoshi crossed her arms, breathing out.

"...What about...time magic...?" Masayoshi asked quietly.

"...If I can combine the higher dimensional powers of lucid dreaming...with my mastery over time...I could...rewind the dimensions, restoring them to the point before they were destroyed..."

"...Without the fantasy tree's or Adam's presence...life should return to...relative normalcy...without need for further interference..." She said, deep in thought.

David chuckled, shaking his head.

"Alright, alright, I've got ya covered." David said. Holding out his hands, he began steadily increasing the gravity around the bar, multiplying its weight by several times.
Kiara really began sweating now, visibly struggling with her squats due to the weight, but, that was the fun part, so she kept going, moving to complete a few dozen reps. As she exercised, she made sure to manipulate her own muscles using her minor Body Control to make sure she didn't pull anything and was getting as much growth out of her reps as possible.
Masayoshi crossed her arms, breathing out.

"...What about...time magic...?" Masayoshi asked quietly.

"...If I can combine the higher dimensional powers of lucid dreaming...with my mastery over time...I could...rewind the dimensions, restoring them to the point before they were destroyed..."

"...Without the fantasy tree's or Adam's presence...life should return to...relative normalcy...without need for further interference..." She said, deep in thought.
"I mean... That may work. I dunno. Feel free to try if you ever get the chance to." Jirachi said.

Kiara really began sweating now, visibly struggling with her squats due to the weight, but, that was the fun part, so she kept going, moving to complete a few dozen reps. As she exercised, she made sure to manipulate her own muscles using her minor Body Control to make sure she didn't pull anything and was getting as much growth out of her reps as possible.
David smiled, clearly impressed.

"...Let me know if ya need anything else, alright?" David said. He took a step back, letting Kiara complete her sets. He was prepared to lower the weight if Kiara began to falter, but doubted it would come to that.
"I mean... That may work. I dunno. Feel free to try if you ever get the chance to." Jirachi said.
Masayoshi nodded. She thought for a moment, before flashing the woman a small smile.

"...Well, I'll try to figure something out...thank you for the help, Jirachi." Masayoshi said.

David smiled, clearly impressed.

"...Let me know if ya need anything else, alright?" David said. He took a step back, letting Kiara complete her sets. He was prepared to lower the weight if Kiara began to falter, but doubted it would come to that.
"Haa... Alright...!" Kiara said, nodding. As she continued to complete her reps, it seemed that the weight was having less and less effect on her, which was slow, but she was clearly growing fast.
Masayoshi nodded. She thought for a moment, before flashing the woman a small smile.

"...Well, I'll try to figure something out...thank you for the help, Jirachi." Masayoshi said.
"It's no problem... Need anything else?" Jirachi asked.

"Haa... Alright...!" Kiara said, nodding. As she continued to complete her reps, it seemed that the weight was having less and less effect on her, which was slow, but she was clearly growing fast.
David raised an eyebrow, watching her as she continued to work out.

"...Is she resisting the gravity...? Or...is she just growing stronger..." David thought. His eyes lingered for a moment, before shrugging. Looking away for a moment, he grabbed one of the dumbbells off the rack, starting his own exercises.

"...Ya need more weight?" David called out to Kiara, steadily curling the Dumbbell in his hands.
"It's no problem... Need anything else?" Jirachi asked.
Masayoshi thought for a moment, before slowly shaking her head.

"...That was all I wanted to ask, for now. But...I'll make sure to contact you again if I need anything, assuming that's ok with you..." Masayoshi said, flashing the woman a small smile.

David raised an eyebrow, watching her as she continued to work out.

"...Is she resisting the gravity...? Or...is she just growing stronger..." David thought. His eyes lingered for a moment, before shrugging. Looking away for a moment, he grabbed one of the dumbbells off the rack, starting his own exercises.

"...Ya need more weight?" David called out to Kiara, steadily curling the Dumbbell in his hands.
"That'd... ha... be awesome... ha..." Kiara said at David's offer, letting out labored but also steadied breathes. She continued to get very steadily improve her strength, slowly, but surely.

Masayoshi thought for a moment, before slowly shaking her head.

"...That was all I wanted to ask, for now. But...I'll make sure to contact you again if I need anything, assuming that's ok with you..." Masayoshi said, flashing the woman a small smile.
"Cool... I'll go back to sleep, then..." Jirachi said, letting out a yawn before her and her hammock dissipated, swiftly flowing back into the charm in Masayoshi's hands.

"That'd... ha... be awesome... ha..." Kiara said at David's offer, letting out labored but also steadied breathes. She continued to get very steadily improve her strength, slowly, but surely.
"Sure thing! Let me know if it gets too heavy." David said. Putting his hand outward, he began to surround the weight with additional gravity. Instead of putting on all of it at once, he opted to gradually increase the weight in tandem with her growing strength, hoping to ensure it would be an intense workout regardless of how strong she got while training.
"Cool... I'll go back to sleep, then..." Jirachi said, letting out a yawn before her and her hammock dissipated, swiftly flowing back into the charm in Masayoshi's hands.
Masayoshi held the charm in her hand for a moment, before gingerly slipping it into her pocket dimension.

"...I should talk to her more often..." Masayoshi thought. Despite the woman's teasing, she was grateful to her, and certainly appreciated any information she could gain on the situation. She lingered in the air for a moment, before slowly floating down to the ground.

"...Right. I...I should tell Gabriel to be careful..." Masayoshi said. Slowly, she began to walk away from the dimension she and Cullthane were training in, searching for the Arch-Angel.

"Sure thing! Let me know if it gets too heavy." David said. Putting his hand outward, he began to surround the weight with additional gravity. Instead of putting on all of it at once, he opted to gradually increase the weight in tandem with her growing strength, hoping to ensure it would be an intense workout regardless of how strong she got while training.
Kiara's grunts and breaths of effort seemed to be released more consistently as her strength never grew to a point where she could overpower the weight with its gradually increasing strength, and thus, it made for a sufficient workout for the prodigy as she clearly intended to go for a while.
Masayoshi held the charm in her hand for a moment, before gingerly slipping it into her pocket dimension.

"...I should talk to her more often..." Masayoshi thought. Despite the woman's teasing, she was grateful to her, and certainly appreciated any information she could gain on the situation. She lingered in the air for a moment, before slowly floating down to the ground.

"...Right. I...I should tell Gabriel to be careful..." Masayoshi said. Slowly, she began to walk away from the dimension she and Cullthane were training in, searching for the Arch-Angel.
Gabriel was still leaned against the stone she had created for herself as she observed Jack train, the spatial barrier she created obscuring her from view, but Masayoshi could sense the Magical Energy emitted from Jack's training and Gabriel herself, so she would simply be able to pass through it due to not real physical obstructions besides vision.

Kiara's grunts and breaths of effort seemed to be released more consistently as her strength never grew to a point where she could overpower the weight with its gradually increasing strength, and thus, it made for a sufficient workout for the prodigy as she clearly intended to go for a while.
David didn't seem to mind Kiara taking her time. Sitting down on a nearby bench, he concentrated, continuing to increase the weight of the bar as she worked.

"...Haven't trained my gravity control in a while...this'll make for good practice..." David thought. He focused his efforts on evenly distributing the gravity across the weight, down to its smallest possible point, hoping to hone his precision as Kiara continued her set.

Gabriel was still leaned against the stone she had created for herself as she observed Jack train, the spatial barrier she created obscuring her from view, but Masayoshi could sense the Magical Energy emitted from Jack's training and Gabriel herself, so she would simply be able to pass through it due to not real physical obstructions besides vision.
Masayoshi eventually reached Gabriel's dimension, following the energy she sensed coming from the angel. As she walked, however, an unexpected energy entered her senses, from someone she hadn't expected to be with Gabriel. Slowly, a small smile began to appear on her face.

"...Well...looks like he found someone to teach him magic after all..." Masayoshi thought. Gradually, she made her way to the spatial barrier, gently moving her hand through the obstruction.

"...May I come in...?" Masayoshi asked.

David didn't seem to mind Kiara taking her time. Sitting down on a nearby bench, he concentrated, continuing to increase the weight of the bar as she worked.

"...Haven't trained my gravity control in a while...this'll make for good practice..." David thought. He focused his efforts on evenly distributing the gravity across the weight, down to its smallest possible point, hoping to hone his precision as Kiara continued her set.
As David did this Kiara began to struggle more visibly, very gently sweating through her clothes. She breathed out softly and steadily, regaining some of her balance and adjusting her form a bit before continuing to squat, her wet hair beginning to droop over her face a bit as she was clearly going hard in the paint.
Masayoshi eventually reached Gabriel's dimension, following the energy she sensed coming from the angel. As she walked, however, an unexpected energy entered her senses, from someone she hadn't expected to be with Gabriel. Slowly, a small smile began to appear on her face.

"...Well...looks like he found someone to teach him magic after all..." Masayoshi thought. Gradually, she made her way to the spatial barrier, gently moving her hand through the obstruction.

"...May I come in...?" Masayoshi asked.
"Oh, yeah, sure." Gabriel said, noticing Masayoshi's presence beforehand, her wings gently flapping.

As David did this Kiara began to struggle more visibly, very gently sweating through her clothes. She breathed out softly and steadily, regaining some of her balance and adjusting her form a bit before continuing to squat, her wet hair beginning to droop over her face a bit as she was clearly going hard in the paint.
David began to slow the rate that he increased his gravity slightly, seeing that Kiara was beginning to struggle. However, it was still growing at a steady enough pace to hopefully keep up with her increasing strength.

"...She's really pushing herself..." David thought.

"Oh, yeah, sure." Gabriel said, noticing Masayoshi's presence beforehand, her wings gently flapping.
Masayoshi nodded. Gradually, she moved through the barrier, looking around.

"...Hey Gabriel." She said, flashing her a small smile. She turned towards Jack, waving at him, before realizing he was likely too focused on his training to notice.

"...I see you're taking on students now..." Masayoshi said, glancing back at Gabriel.

David began to slow the rate that he increased his gravity slightly, seeing that Kiara was beginning to struggle. However, it was still growing at a steady enough pace to hopefully keep up with her increasing strength.

"...She's really pushing herself..." David thought.
Kiara, as expected, was still getting stronger at a gentle pace due to the ever-increasing gravity, but due to the lightly lowered gravity she was able to do this without any added strain, continuing to go through her sets for around 20 minutes before eventually, stopping, gently breathing out as she slowly lowered the barbell to the ground. By this time, she had most likely completed hundreds to thousands of reps.
Masayoshi nodded. Gradually, she moved through the barrier, looking around.

"...Hey Gabriel." She said, flashing her a small smile. She turned towards Jack, waving at him, before realizing he was likely too focused on his training to notice.

"...I see you're taking on students now..." Masayoshi said, glancing back at Gabriel.
"It's a temporary gig. Jack isn't a mage, so I don't imagine he'll want to learn everything there is to learn..." Gabriel said, shrugging.

Kiara, as expected, was still getting stronger at a gentle pace due to the ever-increasing gravity, but due to the lightly lowered gravity she was able to do this without any added strain, continuing to go through her sets for around 20 minutes before eventually, stopping, gently breathing out as she slowly lowered the barbell to the ground. By this time, she had most likely completed hundreds to thousands of reps.
David decreased the weight of the barbell as she lowered it, preventing it from cracking or crushing the ground from the massive amount of weight that had accumulated. Slowly, he stood up, and walked toward Kiara.

"...That was pretty impressive Kiara! Ya feeling alright?" David said.

"It's a temporary gig. Jack isn't a mage, so I don't imagine he'll want to learn everything there is to learn..." Gabriel said, shrugging.
"Heh...I suppose so. Still...it's nice of you to train him like this, I know he's been interested in learning magic for a while..." Masayoshi said, glancing back at Jack.

"...Speaking of which, is this...spatial field a part of his training?" Masayoshi asked, gesturing towards the barrier.

David decreased the weight of the barbell as she lowered it, preventing it from cracking or crushing the ground from the massive amount of weight that had accumulated. Slowly, he stood up, and walked toward Kiara.

"...That was pretty impressive Kiara! Ya feeling alright?" David said.
"Yeah, just kinda tired... Ha..." Kiara said, breathing out. Despite her growing strength, it was clear that her workout took out a chunk of her stamina due to the rapidly increasing weight regardless.
"Heh...I suppose so. Still...it's nice of you to train him like this, I know he's been interested in learning magic for a while..." Masayoshi said, glancing back at Jack.

"...Speaking of which, is this...spatial field a part of his training?" Masayoshi asked, gesturing towards the barrier.
"Oh... Uh... Raviathon and Jack aren't on the best of terms, so I'm keeping them away from each other for now so I don't have to beat the crap out of either of them." Gabriel said bluntly, "Raviathon's being pretty hostile."

"Yeah, just kinda tired... Ha..." Kiara said, breathing out. Despite her growing strength, it was clear that her workout took out a chunk of her stamina due to the rapidly increasing weight regardless.
"I can imagine, ya did so many sets I lost count." David said, chuckling a bit.

"...I can fetch ya some water from the kitchen, if ya want to take a break." David said.

"Oh... Uh... Raviathon and Jack aren't on the best of terms, so I'm keeping them away from each other for now so I don't have to beat the crap out of either of them." Gabriel said bluntly, "Raviathon's being pretty hostile."
Masayoshi chuckled, before shaking her head.

"..Sorry you had to deal with their bickering, Gabriel. It's because of Jack's weapons, right?" She asked.

"I can imagine, ya did so many sets I lost count." David said, chuckling a bit.

"...I can fetch ya some water from the kitchen, if ya want to take a break." David said.
"Gym's... haa... had kitchens?" Kiara asked as she stood up straight.
Masayoshi chuckled, before shaking her head.

"..Sorry you had to deal with their bickering, Gabriel. It's because of Jack's weapons, right?" She asked.
"Yeah, seems so... Her concerns are reasonable but the hostility is somewhat annoying..." Gabriel murmured, breathing out in frustration.

meanwhile, in a pocket dimension within the countless ones that exist in this part of Eden, Griffin continued to paint calmly, his drawings were not the best but every time he painted he learned from mistakes, perhaps once in a while he would commit it again but that Grue made it clear what he should or should not add, on the sheet of his notebook he calmly painted a green meadow with several trees next to a pond and a sunset that descended towards a mountain.

"I wonder what was going through Jack's mind, I just hope he finds something to do before he goes crazy and ends up killing himself for not finding a vocation" Griffin said

"Nah, knowing my brothers and sister none of them would let something like that happen easily, they will figure out a way for Jack to flourish in life and find a job that fills him after killing Monsters becoming something unnecessary, although I have some doubt about he can make good relations with the group, some have certain doubts about the use of Adam's creation, well, more like they have doubts about the two of us but considering that it's only me, instead of 5, I think they would tolerate me more" Reaver said while metaphorically shrugs

"Gym's... haa... had kitchens?" Kiara asked as she stood up straight.
"Nah, I meant the one near the entrance, where Rory and Rio were." David said, chuckling a bit.

"...Though actually...I'm sure this gym has a water fountain somewhere..." David said, he glanced around for a few moments, before pointing towards one on a far-off wall.

"Yeah, seems so... Her concerns are reasonable but the hostility is somewhat annoying..." Gabriel murmured, breathing out in frustration.
"I can imagine that would get rather...grating after a while." Masayoshi said, shaking her head.

"...But what about you, Gabriel? It's understandable that Raivathon is a bit...tense around the weapons...but I figured you'd be as well..." Masayoshi said.

"Nah, I meant the one near the entrance, where Rory and Rio were." David said, chuckling a bit.

"...Though actually...I'm sure this gym has a water fountain somewhere..." David said, he glanced around for a few moments, before pointing towards one on a far-off wall.
"Water fountain...? That's like a... water dispensary thing, yeah...?" Kiara asked. "Water fountains didn't exist when I was in the real world since well, all the water was irradiated..."

"I can imagine that would get rather...grating after a while." Masayoshi said, shaking her head.

"...But what about you, Gabriel? It's understandable that Raivathon is a bit...tense around the weapons...but I figured you'd be as well..." Masayoshi said.
"I..." Gabriel breathed out, sighing. "I'm trying to give them a chance, Masayoshi. I don't want to spiral back into not trusting anybody because of paranoia and fear like I used to... I want to grow beyond that. Jack and his weapons have been helping us and they've proven themselves to be somewhat trustworthy... So I want to be fair about this."

"Water fountain...? That's like a... water dispensary thing, yeah...?" Kiara asked. "Water fountains didn't exist when I was in the real world since well, all the water was irradiated..."
"Yeah! you just press a button on it and clean water comes out..." David said, nodding. He hesitated for a moment, before looking down at Kiara.

"...Sorry I haven't been...explainin' things too well. After the...calamity...I only stayed in the real world for a few weeks." David said, shaking his head.
"I..." Gabriel breathed out, sighing. "I'm trying to give them a chance, Masayoshi. I don't want to spiral back into not trusting anybody because of paranoia and fear like I used to... I want to grow beyond that. Jack and his weapons have been helping us and they've proven themselves to be somewhat trustworthy... So I want to be fair about this."
"...I'm...glad to hear that, Gabriel. It's...nice that you're extending your arm to people like this..." Masayoshi said. She flashed the angel a genuine smile.

"...I hope...you can trust me, as well. If you don't already." She said.

"Yeah! you just press a button on it and clean water comes out..." David said, nodding. He hesitated for a moment, before looking down at Kiara.

"...Sorry I haven't been...explainin' things too well. After the...calamity...I only stayed in the real world for a few weeks." David said, shaking his head.
"You've been explaining shit fine, man. We just... didn't have all this fancy stuff when I was a kid. You could barely find a functioning TV..." Kiara murmured as she moved over to the water-fountain to get something to drink.
"...I'm...glad to hear that, Gabriel. It's...nice that you're extending your arm to people like this..." Masayoshi said. She flashed the angel a genuine smile.

"...I hope...you can trust me, as well. If you don't already." She said.
Gabriel breathed out, "I do trust you, Masayoshi. I have no real reason to not trust you, at this point, you've done literally nothing but help, after all..."

Back