• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Meanwhile

Masayoshi carefully studied the water spells contained within Cullthane's book, slowly flipping the pages as she studied the detailed notes on water magic. As she did so, a small drop of water slowly condensed in front of Masayoshi, the woman slowly altering its shape and size as she practiced the spells within the book. Truthfully, she already knew how to manipulate water to some extent, having used it to bathe both herself and David earlier. Despite this, she knew the importance of a strong foundation of basic knowledge, Cullthane's text already introduced concepts and mechanics that she had never thought about until now. It was doubtless that, even if she knew how to manipulate an element, studying even the basic texts Cullthane provided would elevate her skills significantly.

David slowly racked the weight he had been lifting, sweat glistening off his arms and chest. He took a deep breath, flexing his arm.

"...I haven't heard Rory go through any of the doors...is she still with Kiara...?" David murmured. He cracked his neck, thinking about this for a moment.

"...I...I ought to go check on them. If nothing else, I can see if Kiara's feeling any better..." He thought. Raising his hands, he began to mutate his body, the temperature of his skin rapidly increasing as he created a massive amount of friction within his body by quickly rubbing the individual cells in his body together, forcefully increasing his body temperature. After a few seconds, he returned to normal. All the sweat accumulated on his body had been quickly evaporated by the short burst of heat, leaving small puffs of steam that quickly dissipated in the air.

Once finished, he moved towards the door, opening it swiftly. Looking around for a moment, he returned to the main entrance, figuring Rory and Kiara were still where he had left them.

Last edited:
David slowly racked the weight he had been lifting, sweat glistening off his arms and chest. He took a deep breath, flexing his arm.

"...I haven't heard Rory go through any of the doors...is she still with Kiara...?" David murmured. He cracked his neck, thinking about this for a moment.

"...I...I ought to go check on them. If nothing else, I can see if Kiara's feeling any better..." He thought. Raising his hands, he began to mutate his body, the temperature of his skin rapidly increasing as he created a massive amount of friction within his body, forcefully increasing his body temperature. After a few seconds, he returned to normal. All the sweat accumulated on his body had been quickly evaporated by the short burst of heat, leaving small puffs of steam that quickly dissipated in the air.

Once finished, he moved towards the door, opening it swiftly. Looking around for a moment, he returned to the main entrance, figuring Rory and Kiara were still where he had left them.
David would find Rory leaned against the walls of the main room with Kiara in her arms, the young hero quietly sniffling in her sleep. Her body was slightly turned in Rory's grip, so David would be able to see the redness and various splotches of black that had gathered around her eyes from excessive amounts of crying. She didn't look anything like she usually did, no, she was a far messier version of Kiara. She was not feeling better. At all. That much was abundantly clear.

Rory hadn't even noticed David, she wasn't focusing on anything but Kiara and Rio, the young boy simply laying next to the couple on the floor, not seeming to mind the rough surface. If anything, he seemed to like it.
Jack Mentally nodded and saw an amorphous shape in his mind, it was like clay waiting to be molded, his thoughts shaped a four sided geometric figure, being as clean and simple as possible
Gabriel simply observed Jack in his meditative state, waiting for when he felt as though he had refined his mental image enough. Obviously, it would take a while to completely refine it into a usable shape, but she found it more effective to wait until Jack felt comfortable with what he had. There was no rush to teach him Magic, after all.

David would find Rory leaned against the walls of the main room with Kiara in her arms, the young hero quietly sniffling in her sleep. Her body was slightly turned in Rory's grip, so David would be able to see the redness and various splotches of black that had gathered around her eyes from excessive amounts of crying. She didn't look anything like she usually did, no, she was a far messier version of Kiara. She was not feeling better. At all. That much was abundantly clear.

Rory hadn't even noticed David, she wasn't focusing on anything but Kiara and Rio, the young boy simply laying next to the couple on the floor, not seeming to mind the rough surface. If anything, he seemed to like it.
David stared at Kiara for a moment, his chest growing tight. Gingerly, he took a step forward, before crouching down, leaning his shoulder against the wall. He said nothing for a few moments, a mixture of worry and sadness bubbling within his body.

"...How is she...?" David said finally, staring down at his disheveled friend. He kept his voice down, not wanting to wake Kiara.

David stared at Kiara for a moment, his chest growing tight. Gingerly, he took a step forward, before crouching down, leaning his shoulder against the wall. He said nothing for a few moments, a mixture of worry and sadness bubbling within his body.

"...How is she...?" David said finally, staring down at his disheveled friend. He kept his voice down, not wanting to wake Kiara.
Rory glanced up at David, her senses lightly spreading in their range to include him within them. She looked back down at Kiara, gently running a hand through her tangled, messy hair. Kiara curled up into a ball at this action, gently pressing her head into Rory's chest. Rory's action was comforting, it seemed.

"...Bad. Very bad." Rory said bluntly. There was no use in sugarcoating it.

Rory glanced up at David, her senses lightly spreading in their range to include him within them. She looked back down at Kiara, gently running a hand through her tangled, messy hair. Kiara curled up into a ball at this action, gently pressing her head into Rory's chest. Rory's action was comforting, it seemed.

"...Bad. Very bad." Rory said bluntly. There was no use in sugarcoating it.
David said nothing for a moment, before slowly nodding. He adjusted himself, sitting down on the ground next to Rory, on the opposite side as Rio. He stared at Kiara for a moment, before breathing out.

"...Did...she talk about...how she was feeling...after I left? She...wasn't asleep the whole time, right?"

David said nothing for a moment, before slowly nodding. He adjusted himself, sitting down on the ground next to Rory, on the opposite side as Rio. He stared at Kiara for a moment, before breathing out.

"...Did...she talk about...how she was feeling...after I left? She...wasn't asleep the whole time, right?"
"...."

Rory was silent, breathing out a bit. She continued to run her hand through Kiara's hair, gently petting the woman's hair in an effort to continue comforting her. Eventually, Rory would speak, heaving out a breath once more.

"She woke up, and we... had a talk. About a lot of things. Things didn't exactly go as.. intended, and she... she had an anxiety attack. A bad one. She could barely talk, barely eat, and she got... violent. Lashed out and Lance and Rhongomyniad." Rory explained, glancing at the shattered platform and spilled cake that Kiara had knocked away a few meters away from them.

"...Neither did I, David." Rory said, continuing to pet Kiara's head. The young hero trembled in her sleep, only further pushing herself into Rory's chest, wrapping her arms around Rory. She shakily breathed against Rory, either she was having a nightmare, or simply wanted more comfort from Rory and wanted to be closer to her.

Gabriel simply observed Jack in his meditative state, waiting for when he felt as though he had refined his mental image enough. Obviously, it would take a while to completely refine it into a usable shape, but she found it more effective to wait until Jack felt comfortable with what he had. There was no rush to teach him Magic, after all
After a few minutes Jack managed to create that mental cube, its 6 flat sides and a black color with a red border, it was somewhat impressive for himself, so he made a slight movement of head and waited for Gabriel for the next step

David slowly opened his eyes, glancing down as he heard Kiara's shaky breaths.

"...Do...you think it would help if I...talked to her?" David said.

"...I can't comfort her like you can...but..." David trailed off, shaking his head.

"...I want to help her...if I can."
Rory breathed out, gently trembling.

"I don't... I d-don't know David..." Rory murmured, "I don't know what to do... H-How to comfort her... I don't... I... I don't know what I'm doing..." Rory murmured, wrapping her arms tighter around Kiara. She breathed out shakily.

"...I don't know how to... comfort people.... I'm so l-lost... I'm failing all the time... With Gabriel... And now with Kiara... I don't... I d-don't..."
After a few minutes Jack managed to create that mental cube, its 6 flat sides and a black color with a red border, it was somewhat impressive for himself, so he made a slight movement of head and waited for Gabriel for the next step
"If you've got a solid shape, then try and fire another energy blast." Gabriel said, "Depending on what happens, I can probably teach you elemental magic afterward."

Rory breathed out, gently trembling.

"I don't... I d-don't know David..." Rory murmured, "I don't know what to do... H-How to comfort her... I don't... I... I don't know what I'm doing..." Rory murmured, wrapping her arms tighter around Kiara. She breathed out shakily.

"...I don't know how to... comfort people.... I'm so l-lost... I'm failing all the time... With Gabriel... And now with Kiara... I don't... I d-don't..."
"...." David stared at Rory for a moment, before slowly breathing out.

"Even if your attempts at comforting someone doesn't... seem...successful...it doesn't mean you failed, Rory." David said quietly.

"...I can see how Kiara clings to you, even while asleep. How she's been...pressing against you for comfort. Even if you can't make her feel better... you're helping her all the same, I think." David said quietly, scratching his head.

"...." David stared at Rory for a moment, before slowly breathing out.

"Even if your attempts at comforting someone doesn't... seem...successful...it doesn't mean you failed, Rory." David said quietly.

"...I can see how Kiara clings to you, even while asleep. How she's been...pressing against you for comfort. Even if you can't make her feel better... you're helping her all the same, I think." David said quietly, scratching his head.
Rory just breathed out, shaking her head. "Yeah... Wh-Whatever, David... Thanks..."

She clearly didn't really believe his words, but, it seemed to help. If only a little bit, it meant something regardless.

"I can wake her up if you want to talk to her... It'd probably be better for her, anyway..."
Jack did so, manifesting his thoughts into reality and shooting the reddish black cube with pure power and greater than the previous attack, the destructiveness was enough to destroy a building of a couple of floors.
Gabriel breathed out. It had more power, but not much control. Whatever. She wasn't trying to teach him to become some master magician, so she didn't need to go as far as to train his precision to perfection with mere energy blasts. Parchment began to form in Gabriel's hand.

"Now that I know that you can at least cast magic with some precision, I'm going to write you up a study guide. It'll contain everything you'd need to know about Elemental Magic, really, given I've long since mastered it..."

Gabriel breathed out. It had more power, but not much control. Whatever. She wasn't trying to teach him to become some master magician, so she didn't need to go as far as to train his precision to perfection with mere energy blasts. Parchment began to form in Gabriel's hand.

"Now that I know that you can at least cast magic with some precision, I'm going to write you up a study guide. It'll contain everything you'd need to know about Elemental Magic, really, given I've long since mastered it...
"Well, if we don't die in the fight against Adam, I can probably learn it and master it at a decent level in the next few centuries until my motivation to live dies" Jack said looking at the scroll

Raviathon sighed, she knew it was cruel to tell Jack to destroy those things, but she believed it was needed, this place was her home for thousands of years, and they were directly related to who destroyed it, and haven't at least proved somewhat trustworthy, like Tokugawa has, and so here she was, sitting here in the blazing sun, gazing through Gabriel's barrier with ease, watching, waiting, waiting for her fears to be realized, waiting for Jack and his things to prove trustworthy, she was trusting before, but now, she had little reason to believe Jack was actually on their side, sure, he hadn't turned on them yet, but what about the future? That was something she would never risk again.

and with that Raviaton began to twist the magic of the area to begin to cover the sun and bring rain down, continuously watching, continuously waiting, with no end in sight.

Rory just breathed out, shaking her head. "Yeah... Wh-Whatever, David... Thanks..."

She clearly didn't really believe his words, but, it seemed to help. If only a little bit, it meant something regardless.

"I can wake her up if you want to talk to her... It'd probably be better for her, anyway..."
David hesitated, before slowly nodding.

"It's...no problem Rory." David said quietly.

"And.. yeah, I want to talk to her...if she's up to it." David said, nodding at Kiara's unconscious form.

David hesitated, before slowly nodding.

"It's...no problem Rory." David said quietly.

"And.. yeah, I want to talk to her...if she's up to it." David said, nodding at Kiara's unconscious form.
Rory breathed out and nodded, gently shaking Kiara.

"K-Kiara... wake up..." She murmured softly. The young hero's eyes gently flickered open barely, the shaking waking her up about half-way.

"...." Kiara let out a groan, coughing slightly as she glanced around with her blurry vision. She was clearly absurdly dehydrated.
"Well, if we don't die in the fight against Adam, I can probably learn it and master it at a decent level in the next few centuries until my motivation to live dies" Jack said looking at the scroll
"Depends on you, I guess. I don't really care if you decide to try and master it." Gabriel said with a mere shrug.

Rory breathed out and nodded, gently shaking Kiara.

"K-Kiara... wake up..." She murmured softly. The young hero's eyes gently flickered open barely, the shaking waking her up about half-way.

"...." Kiara let out a groan, coughing slightly as she glanced around with her blurry vision. She was clearly absurdly dehydrated.
David stared down at Kiara for a moment, watching as she slowly awoke from her slumber. His brow furrowed slightly, noticing the clear signs of dehydration on her face. Slowly, he stood up, glancing towards the kitchen.

"I'll go get her some water. She'll...probably feel a bit better if she gets some water in her system..." David said quietly. Quickly, he made his way to the kitchen, before beginning to pour her large jug of water. He left Kiara and Rory alone for a brief moment, hoping that she'd be awake enough to drink it once he returned.

David stared down at Kiara for a moment, watching as she slowly awoke from her slumber. His brow furrowed slightly, noticing the clear signs of dehydration on her face. Slowly, he stood up, glancing towards the kitchen.

"I'll go get her some water. She'll...probably feel a bit better if she gets some water in her system..." David said quietly. Quickly, he made his way to the kitchen, before beginning to pour her large jug of water. He left Kiara and Rory alone for a brief moment, hoping that she'd be awake enough to drink it once he returned.
Once David had returned with water, Kiara seemed to be woken up to the extent she could properly see, but she didn't do anything. She just leaned into Rory. Her eyes, which were normally full of light, had become dull, pale. The lively crimson had been painted a dull hue of dark red, the sclera bloodshot lightly, with various marks and bags formed under her eyes.

She would glance at David, and motionlessly, she would turn back to Rory, falling back into her relatively small chest.
"Well" Jack said, he really didn't expect that after this is all over, Ragnarok's crew would be too interested in him being with them, beyond being a neighbor so to speak, probably most of them try to live a quiet life.
Gabriel morphed the parchment into multiple pages, forming a large white book with a golden spine out of seemingly thin air. She knew her teacher, Cullthane, would typically store information in scrolls, but she didn't really care. She liked books better. She handed Jack the book telekinetically, said book being thick to no end.

"Here... It's probably around 1.3 million words but you can knock them out. All in Japanese, since I know you can read it and that it's probably the language your most familiar with."

Once David had returned with water, Kiara seemed to be woken up to the extent she could properly see, but she didn't do anything. She just leaned into Rory. Her eyes, which were normally full of light, had become dull, pale. The lively crimson had been painted a dull hue of dark red, the sclera bloodshot lightly, with various marks and bags formed under her eyes.

She would glance at David, and motionlessly, she would turn back to Rory, falling back into her relatively small chest.
David slowly breathed out, taking a seat in front of the two women. His eye's lingered on Kiara's gaze, his chest tightening as he searched in vain for any spark of light within her eyes. He continued to stare for a brief moment, before shaking his head. Wrapping his hands around the jug of water he had poured, he gingerly lifted it, before moving it towards Kiara.

"I...thought you might want some water, Kiara." David said quietly.

"...Please...drink it."

David slowly breathed out, taking a seat in front of the two women. His eye's lingered on Kiara's gaze, his chest tightening as he searched in vain for any spark of light within her eyes. He continued to stare for a brief moment, before shaking his head. Wrapping his hands around the jug of water he had poured, he gingerly lifted it, before moving it towards Kiara.

"I...thought you might want some water, Kiara." David said quietly.

"...Please...drink it."
Kiara glanced down at the jug, removing her face from Rory's chest. She very slowly reached down to the jug, and with minimal effort, raised it to her mouth, dumping the liquid down her throat. She was not drinking it. She was simply letting it forcefully flow down her throat without any effort on her part. Her arms lacked so much tension, that it seemed as if the bottle would simply slip from her hands at any moment.

And it did. Once she had drained all the liquid from the container, with it flowing down her chin and onto her clothes from her sloppy consumption of the contents, she dropped the jug. On her knees, she would look down.

"Thanks... David."

She would say.
"Thank you, I'll read the first 20 pages and physically practice to see if I'm doing it right, and then continue reading and repeat the cycle of reading and practice" Jack told Gabriel with a sincere smile while taking the book
"Good. I like the way you think." Gabriel said, crossing her arms as her wings gently flapped.

Kiara glanced down at the jug, removing her face from Rory's chest. She very slowly reached down to the jug, and with minimal effort, raised it to her mouth, dumping the liquid down her throat. She was not drinking it. She was simply letting it forcefully flow down her throat without any effort on her part. Her arms lacked so much tension, that it seemed as if the bottle would simply slip from her hands at any moment.

And it did. Once she had drained all the liquid from the container, with it flowing down her chin and onto her clothes from her sloppy consumption of the contents, she dropped the jug. On her knees, she would look down.

"Thanks... David."

She would say.
David gingerly nodded. Slowly, he grabbed the now empty jug, pushing it out of the way.

"No...no problem, Kiara." David said softly.

"...I'm...here for you. Always. Whatever you need, alright? if your willing to talk to me about how your feeling..." David trailed off.

"...I'm...here to...to listen. And to help...if I can."

David gingerly nodded. Slowly, he grabbed the now empty jug, pushing it out of the way.

"No...no problem, Kiara." David said softly.

"...I'm...here for you. Always. Whatever you need, alright? if your willing to talk to me about how your feeling..." David trailed off.

"...I'm...here to...to listen. And to help...if I can."
Kiara glanced at David.

"Th... Thank you..." Kiara murmured, breathing out.

"I'm just... so stressed. I feel like my world is falling apart around me... Like I've been trapped in a glass box, and now that box is shattering around me... Again."

The first lostbelt cracked the glass

"And again..."

The second lostbelt began to break it even further.

"And again...!"

The third lostbelt nigh-completely shattered it. Her ideology, her hopes, her dreams, everything.

"...And again."

And with the birth of a child she was not confident that she could possibly care for, the glass box was gone.

It felt like her mind had been thrown into a void. All of those old TV shows that she used to watch as a child had shaped her mind. Kamen Rider Kuuga. Kamen Rider Ixa. Kamen Rider Saber. All of those old VHS tapes had became a home, a glimmering light in her mind that formed this glass box of hopes and dreams. It would work to contain the anguish in life, allowing her to push forward. This box would sometimes creak and crack, but it would be repaired eventually. She had her friends to repair it. She had a loving wife. She had her hopes and dreams, a shining light that would fix her. A shining hero. The world... was a TV show. And there she was, the little Kiara Akari, sitting there, in her rotten glass box. Gleaming eyes, a wide mouth, and a wide TV screen to keep her company. Dreams were infallible. Unbreakable.

"...." She curled up.

"....!" She raised her arms, curling up even further.

"I..." And she shakily called out.

"I can't do this anymore..." And she called out again.

"This hero thing... This... This whole... I just can't..." This was not the Dream World.

"I can't save anybody... I'm garbage..." This was real. These were real people, with real lives, with real families. These people did not have supernatural powers or immortality. They were helpless.

"I just... I can't... anymore... I'm... I feel like I'm gonna break..." And they did not have a hero to save them. Kiara trembled.

"I give up... I'm done... I'm done with being a hero, I'm done with all the optimism nonsense... I just can't. *******. do it. I can't... I can't do it anymore..."
Jack started reading it from the beginning
The book immediately started off with(assuming he skipped the table of contents and various other things) with the explanation of how magic itself was formed from Gabriel's viewpoint, which was understanding the rules and composition of what you waned to conjure and control. For example, elemental magic required an understanding of the composition and movements of atoms and molecules of various elements, and one would have to reshape them to form a desired element, mentally changing their composition and shape to form whatever they desired. This would have to be maintained constantly or else the element would immediately dissipate due to a lack of focus, but the book went in-depth for about 4 pages about how the average human brain creates habits through repetition and consumption of large amounts of information, so constantly mentally modifying atomic and quantum structures to form elements would eventually become instinctive. It went in-depth about ideal training methods, but the one the book suggested the most was the mental training Gabriel had Jack do, which seemed to work best for her.

Kiara glanced at David.

"Th... Thank you..." Kiara murmured, breathing out.

"I'm just... so stressed. I feel like my world is falling apart around me... Like I've been trapped in a glass box, and now that box is shattering around me... Again."

The first lostbelt cracked the glass

"And again..."

The second lostbelt began to break it even further.

"And again...!"

The third lostbelt nigh-completely shattered it. Her ideology, her hopes, her dreams, everything.

"...And again."

And with the birth of a child she was not confident that she could possibly care for, the glass box was gone.

It felt like her mind had been thrown into a void. All of those old TV shows that she used to watch as a child had shaped her mind. Kamen Rider Kuuga. Kamen Rider Ixa. Kamen Rider Saber. All of those old VHS tapes had became a home, a glimmering light in her mind that formed this glass box of hopes and dreams. It would work to contain the anguish in life, allowing her to push forward. This box would sometimes creak and crack, but it would be repaired eventually. She had her friends to repair it. She had a loving wife. She had her hopes and dreams, a shining light that would fix her. A shining hero. The world... was a TV show. And there she was, the little Kiara Akari, sitting there, in her rotten glass box. Gleaming eyes, a wide mouth, and a wide TV screen to keep her company. Dreams were infallible. Unbreakable.

"...." She curled up.

"....!" She raised her arms, curling up even further.

"I..." And she shakily called out.

"I can't do this anymore..." And she called out again.

"This hero thing... This... This whole... I just can't..." This was not the Dream World.

"I can't save anybody... I'm garbage..." This was real. These were real people, with real lives, with real families. These people did not have supernatural powers or immortality. They were helpless.

"I just... I can't... anymore... I'm... I feel like I'm gonna break..." And they did not have a hero to save them. Kiara trembled.

"I give up... I'm done... I'm done with being a hero, I'm done with all the optimism nonsense... I just can't. *******. do it. I can't... I can't do it anymore..."
David stared at Kiara for a moment...and then another. His body slowly began to tremble If there was one thing he could relate to...it was living inside a box. A box of black and white, where everything made sense. Where he could always push forward, fighting against evil. Where he could always pretend he was a genuine superhero. A champion to everyone...just like the King Tiger was to him. How he used to marvel at the wrestler every time he appeared on his screen, his inspirational words and indomitable willpower painting a picture of the man David had always wanted to be. He lost, he got knocked down and out...yet the King Tiger never stopped. Always with a smile, always with a pose, he'd smash through every heel in his way, every crooked, dirty fighter that tried to overcome him...and he never wavered. Never strayed from his path. Always did what was right, always saved the day. David had wanted...had needed to be that man when he came to the Dream World. And for a long while...he thought that he was.

But...life wasn't a TV show. It wasn't a fixed match. The dream world had torn him apart....and his dreams along with them. His encounters with Kill Gaia, his fight with Rory the 7th, his experience in the singularities, His time with Laima and Belial...they had altered him. Broken his shell of righteousness, little by little.

Until...the desert broke it completely. Shattering any dream or illusion that he could ever continue the dream he strived to for so long. That he could live in a world where he was some...comic book superhero, that he was some superman or crusader of justice. That pain... that dull emptiness from losing everything he thought he stood for...it never went away from him...and he expected it never would. The voices of the damned still haunt his dreams...his encounter with Set still blazed in his memory. The Lostbelts had been more of the same, beating into him more and more that he couldn't save everyone. That he couldn't protect the people who so desperately needed it. It nearly broke him a second time...and reopened many of the old scars he had tried desperately to cover.

David took a breath...his voice wavering. Gingerly, he leaned forward, pressing his hand against her shoulder.

"...I'm...so sorry Kiara." David said quietly.

"...I...I can't say...if you should still be a hero. That's...that's a burden that...you shouldn't need to bear." David said quietly.

"...But...you...you aren't garbage. You've saved people, Kiara. Your kindness...your optimism..." David trailed off, choking on his words slightly.

"...You've saved me. If...If it weren't for the words you said to me in those Lostbelts....I...I"

"...I might not...be here today...." David said quietly.

David stared at Kiara for a moment...and then another. His body slowly began to tremble If there was one thing he could relate to...it was living inside a box. A box of black and white, where everything made sense. Where he could always push forward, fighting against evil. Where he could always pretend he was a genuine superhero. A champion to everyone...just like the King Tiger was to him. How he used to marvel at the wrestler every time he appeared on his screen, his inspirational words and indomitable willpower painting a picture of the man David had always wanted to be. He lost, he got knocked down and out...yet the King Tiger never stopped. Always with a smile, always with a pose, he'd smash through every heel in his way, every crooked, dirty fighter that tried to overcome him...and he never wavered. Never strayed from his path. Always did what was right, always saved the day. David had wanted...had needed to be that man when he came to the Dream World. And for a long while...he thought that he was.

But...life wasn't a TV show. It wasn't a fixed match. The dream world had torn him apart....and his dreams along with them. His encounters with Kill Gaia, his fight with Rory the 7th, his experience in the singularities, His time with Laima and Belial...they had altered him. Broken his shell of righteousness, little by little.

Until...the desert broke it completely. Shattering any dream or illusion that he could ever continue the dream he strived to for so long. That he could live in a world where he was some...comic book superhero, that he was some superman or crusader of justice. That pain... that dull emptiness from losing everything he thought he stood for...it never went away from him...and he expected it never would. The voices of the damned still haunt his dreams...his encounter with Set still blazed in his memory. The Lostbelts had been more of the same, beating into him more and more that he couldn't save everyone. That he couldn't protect the people who so desperately needed it. It nearly broke him a second time...and reopened many of the old scars he had tried desperately to cover.

David took a breath...his voice wavering. Gingerly, he leaned forward, pressing his hand against her shoulder.

"...I'm...so sorry Kiara." David said quietly.

"...I...I can't say...if you should still be a hero. That's...that's a burden that...you shouldn't need to bear." David said quietly.

"...But...you...you aren't garbage. You've saved people, Kiara. Your kindness...your optimism..." David trailed off, choking on his words slightly.

"...You've saved me. If...If it weren't for the words you said to me in those Lostbelts....I...I"

"...I might not...be here today...." David said quietly.
Kiara looked directly at David.

"But there were people I didn't save." She said.

"Innocent people. People who did nothing wrong, people who had hopes, and dreams, and lives." She said again. The color in her eyes would slowly begin to fade even further, the hue of crimson shifting to a gentle blue somewhat.

"They were people who didn't deserve to die, David. They were just people, living ordinary lives, with their families and friends... Under the thumb of Adam and his stupid Fantasy Trees. They needed somebody to save them... I was supposed to be that person. A hero. A symbol. Hope. But I didn't save anybody. Nobody. Instead, I watched while people died, David." She said, breathing out shakily.

"I... watched them die. I stood there, and they were just... erased. Their memories, their entire lives... gone. You cannot say that I didn't utterly fail at what I set out to do. That I failed at one of my only reasons for living...! The very reason I even came to the Dream World, and left that ******* cannibalistic shithole...! Everything I devoted my entire life to...!! Everything that I put myself through so much suffering for, and pain and hardship, everything...!!!" Kiara shouted, causing Rory to flinch back... She didn't know what to say. These thoughts, these words, she never thought she'd hear Kiara even utter them.

"I gave everything... My body... my mind... my soul, my concept, my essence, whatever... Everything... I gave it all over and over again..." She heaved out.

"And I still failed, David... I didn't save anybody. I failed at everything I set out to achieve ever since I was sleeping in a basement and eating my neighbors. That is the textbook definition of garbage... A waste of space, a waste of energy, just a wasted person... That's me, David, Rory. That is Kiara Akari..."

Back