• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

David stared at Kiara for a long while, before looking at the ground. He didn't flinch, yet Kiara's words struck him like a sledgehammer. Gradually, he took a shaky breath.

"Kiara....I..." David trailed off, going silent again. Gradually, he began to speak again, his voice quiet, hollow.

"...Every time...I close my eyes, Kiara. I see their faces. The...faces of the people I couldn't save. The faces of the people...that...that I've killed." David said quietly.

"...It...might be the same for you, it might not. but..."

"...But you can't...you can't focus, on the people you couldn't save, Kiara. You...can't go through life...forcing yourself to bear the weight of saving every person in need."

"...It's shitty, it's awful. And it ******* hurts. But...if you always look at the people you couldn't save...you'll never see the people you can. And you can save people, Kiara. No matter how many people we've lost in these Lostbelt...nothing can take away the fact that you've helped people. Nothing."

David stared at Kiara for a long while, before looking at the ground. He didn't flinch, yet Kiara's words struck him like a sledgehammer. Gradually, he took a shaky breath.

"Kiara....I..." David trailed off, going silent again. Gradually, he began to speak again, his voice quiet, hollow.

"...Every time...I close my eyes, Kiara. I see their faces. The...faces of the people I couldn't save. The faces of the people...that...that I've killed." David said quietly.

"...It...might be the same for you, it might not. but..."

"...But you can't...you can't focus, on the people you couldn't save, Kiara. You...can't go through life...forcing yourself to bear the weight of saving every person in need."

"...It's shitty, it's awful. And it ******* hurts. But...if you always look at the people you couldn't save...you'll never see the people you can. And you can save people, Kiara. No matter how many people we've lost in these Lostbelt...nothing can take away the fact that you've helped people. Nothing."
"But I have to...! I should...!" Kiara exclaimed, her eyes beginning to water. She let out hiccups, which made her following words a bit incoherent. Rory gently trembled and breathed out, moving over to Kiara.

"I should've been able to save them...!! I-I should've been able to...! But I couldn't! And now their dead! Dead dead dead...! I can't not bear that weight... I-It's... it's all I..." Kiara breathed out, before just curling up and covering her face with her arms. She let out gentle sobs, just crying.

"I... should've been... able to..." Kiara wailed out as she cried. This was simply more than being trapped within a glass box of dreams. Kiara Akari had only ever wished for one thing; to be a hero. But that was only part of it. In the end, she simply desired to help others. To free them of their pain and suffering. To make them happy, to make them smile... To make sure they didn't have to suffer as she, and so many others had. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't see anything wrong with that. It was her life. Her being, and her entire reason for living. No matter how many times she tried, she couldn't convince herself that wanting to help was bad... Or that she shouldn't bear the weight. She didn't feel as though she deserved to move on.

After reading about 15 minutes, the entire 20 pages, Jack returned to meditation like before, in his inner dark void emptiness he began to imagine the atoms around him, according to his understanding, magic is based on controlling the flow of reality from certain shapes to cause imagination dominate over reality, molding matter and other aspects with the mind to create the desired effect, so that after a few minutes of mental practice, a strong current of air could be felt, enough to slightly move some rocks of a couple of centimeters.

He had managed to make the matter that formed the air rotate around him for a few seconds like an accretion disk and then expand outward.

"But I have to...! I should...!" Kiara exclaimed, her eyes beginning to water. She let out hiccups, which made her following words a bit incoherent. Rory gently trembled and breathed out, moving over to Kiara.

"I should've been able to save them...!! I-I should've been able to...! But I couldn't! And now their dead! Dead dead dead...! I can't not bear that weight... I-It's... it's all I..." Kiara breathed out, before just curling up and covering her face with her arms. She let out gentle sobs, just crying.

"I... should've been... able to..." Kiara wailed out as she cried. This was simply more than being trapped within a glass box of dreams. Kiara Akari had only ever wished for one thing; to be a hero. But that was only part of it. In the end, she simply desired to help others. To free them of their pain and suffering. To make them happy, to make them smile... To make sure they didn't have to suffer as she, and so many others had. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't see anything wrong with that. It was her life. Her being, and her entire reason for living. No matter how many times she tried, she couldn't convince herself that wanting to help was bad... Or that she shouldn't bear the weight. She didn't feel as though she deserved to move on.
"...It's all...what, Kiara..." David said quietly.

"...Because that's...not all you are. It's not all you should be. You're a mother, to a beautiful child. A wife, a friend....and a comrade." David said quietly.

"...All of us...Rory, me, Lance. You've saved us all, in your own way. Not by...being Kamen Rider...but by being you, Kiara Akari. A loving. compassionate, brave, optimistic...******* amazing person..." David said. He smoothed back his hair, his body trembling.

"...I'm not telling you that your dreams were wrong, Kiara. No one should ever fault you for wanting to help those in need..." David began. He hesitated, before shaking his head.

"...But if you live your life under such ideals...they'll crush you until there's nothing left...." He said softly.

"...It's all...what, Kiara..." David said quietly.

"...Because that's...not all you are. It's not all you should be. You're a mother, to a beautiful child. A wife, a friend....and a comrade." David said quietly.

"...All of us...Rory, me, Lance. You've saved us all, in your own way. Not by...being Kamen Rider...but by being you, Kiara Akari. A loving. compassionate, brave, optimistic...******* amazing person..." David said. He smoothed back his hair, his body trembling.

"...I'm not telling you that your dreams were wrong, Kiara. No one should ever fault you for wanting to help those in need..." David began. He hesitated, before shaking his head.

"...But if you live your life under such ideals...they'll crush you until there's nothing left...." He said softly.
"David's right, Kiara..." Rory said, wrapping her arms around Kiara. "We have... so much more than that, Kiara... We have a family now... We can have this... We can escape all the pain and sorrow, and we can be a family, Kiara... You have so many friends here to support you through it as well..."

Kiara breathed out shakily, continuing to gently sob.

"I know that... I have... m-more than just my ideals as a hero... I've a-always known... that I can be more than that... But I've given everything I've ever had to my ideals... I gave my everything... A-All of it... for so long, for so many years... And I still... want to help people... I still want them to be happy... but it h-hurts..." Kiara heaved out. Her words were more collected now, as she made a conscious effort not to breakdown and truly accept some form of help.

After reading about 15 minutes, the entire 20 pages, Jack returned to meditation like before, in his inner dark void emptiness he began to imagine the atoms around him, according to his understanding, magic is based on controlling the flow of reality from certain shapes to cause imagination dominate over reality, molding matter and other aspects with the mind to create the desired effect, so that after a few minutes of mental practice, a strong current of air could be felt, enough to slightly move some rocks of a couple of centimeters.

He had managed to make the matter that formed the air rotate around him for a few seconds like an accretion disk and then expand outward.
(No comment from Gabriel?)

"David's right, Kiara..." Rory said, wrapping her arms around Kiara. "We have... so much more than that, Kiara... We have a family now... We can have this... We can escape all the pain and sorrow, and we can be a family, Kiara... You have so many friends here to support you through it as well..."

Kiara breathed out shakily, continuing to gently sob.

"I know that... I have... m-more than just my ideals as a hero... I've a-always known... that I can be more than that... But I've given everything I've ever had to my ideals... I gave my everything... A-All of it... for so long, for so many years... And I still... want to help people... I still want them to be happy... but it h-hurts..." Kiara heaved out. Her words were more collected now, as she made a conscious effort not to breakdown and truly accept some form of help.
David took a shaky breath.

"...You...you don't need to stop, helping people. No one will tell you that. But..." He said quietly.

"...It can't be for any...loafty ideals, alright? Y-you....you should help them...because you like helping people Not...not because your ideals force you into a...sense of obligation and duty to do so...no matter what."

"...It's...It's a mindset thing. Something...I struggled with for a while. But...I think...that framing should...help...ease the pain...if only a bit."

David took a shaky breath.

"...You...you don't need to stop, helping people. No one will tell you that. But..." He said quietly.

"...It can't be for any...loafty ideals, alright? Y-you....you should help them...because you like helping people Not...not because your ideals force you into a...sense of obligation and duty to do so...no matter what."

"...It's...It's a mindset thing. Something...I struggled with for a while. But...I think...that framing should...help...ease the pain...if only a bit."
"I-I do like helping people...!" Kiara exclaimed defensively.

"I'm...not saying you don't, Kiara. I know you do." David said.

"...I mean...you should separate the...ideals, you've created for yourself. From, your desire to help people."

"...D-does...that make any sense...?" David said, scratching his head a bit.
"I... I... guess..." Kiara murmured, "I just... I worked so hard at it... my entire life... I feel like I'd be betraying myself if I just... abandoned my dream..."

"I... I... guess..." Kiara murmured, "I just... I worked so hard at it... my entire life... I feel like I'd be betraying myself if I just... abandoned my dream..."
"I...I know...changing gears like this...it's...not easy..." David said quietly.

"...But...I don't think...you'll be betraying yourself. Your compassion, your kindness, your strength....Even if you don't follow your dream...you'll still have those traits.... And...they'll help you protect those who are...truly important to you..." David said quietly.

"I...I know...changing gears like this...it's...not easy..." David said quietly.

"...But...I don't think...you'll be betraying yourself. Your compassion, your kindness, your strength....Even if you don't follow your dream...you'll still have those traits.... And...they'll help you protect those who are...truly important to you..." David said quietly.
"I don't... I don't know if I... c-can..." Kiara murmured, continuing to gently sob. Rory gently clasped her hand, their fingers intertwining.

"We're here to help you, Kiara... I'm here to help you... we'll get through this together..." Rory said, her grip around Kiara's hand gentle.

"I-..." Kiara didn't know what to say.

Gabriel glanced at the gust of air, leaning against a lump of soft stone she had formed. She seemed impressed somewhat at least, which seemed to say a lot.

After working out with dumbbells and moving a 10,000-ton rock on his back while running 100km, finishing with 2439423 Wall-Supported Pushups and 29392 One-Handed Pushups.

the one-armed warrior decided to take a break and start drawing in his notebook.

Unlike Jack, Griffin knew what to do after everything ends and his desire for adventures die, he will become an artist and writer where he could still use his powers in some jobs to better structure his works of art and novels, maybe he will return to see his imaginary love, Pythia, if he weren't foolish enough not to see her as a crazy idea in his mind, though ultimately she was just thoughts which he could interact with but unable to physically bring into the real world even with him. Adam's power.

"For a story master, isn't your own story a good enough one with you, Grue?" Reaver said with a certain degree of sarcasm, a weapon created by Adam, although like Jack, Griffin not only considered him a person but also an instrument to learn and teach.

"Life is the most unfair story, created by someone who looks at us with eyes of envy or mercy in some cases, a hand to lift us up or a kick in the face to throw us into the mud" said Griffin, he liked to try to be poetic, even when he failed in the attempt
"I don't... I don't know if I... c-can..." Kiara murmured, continuing to gently sob. Rory gently clasped her hand, their fingers intertwining.

"We're here to help you, Kiara... I'm here to help you... we'll get through this together..." Rory said, her grip around Kiara's hand gentle.

Gabriel glanced at the gust of air, leaning against a lump of soft stone she had formed. She seemed impressed somewhat at least, which seemed to say a lot.
After doing that, Jack read the book again for more knowledge and to follow the procedure, it really was a good instruction manual, if everyone's potential was equal in the use of magic, then this book would be copied and sold, then he could see countless well-known public schools in his old homeworld.

"You are really good at giving details and explanations" Jack said however he himself did not pay attention to his own words because he is focused on the content of the 20 pages of the book

David nodded. Gradually, he flashed Kiara a small smile.

"...And...I'll have your back anytime you need help, alright?" David said quietly.

David nodded. Gradually, he flashed Kiara a small smile.

"...And...I'll have your back anytime you need help, alright?" David said quietly.
"Th-Thank you... both of... y-you... so, so much..." Kiara murmured, her sobs simply getting louder.

"Can... you give us some time alone, David...? I'll... j-join training later..." Kiara requested softly.

"Th-Thank you... both of... y-you... so, so much..." Kiara murmured, her sobs simply getting louder.

"Can... you give us some time alone, David...? I'll... j-join training later..." Kiara requested softly
David nodded, gradually standing up.

"...Of course, Kiara. Take as long as you need, alright?" David said softly. Slowly, he took a step back, before making his way out of the room.

David nodded, gradually standing up.

"...Of course, Kiara. Take as long as you need, alright?" David said softly. Slowly, he took a step back, before making his way out of the room.
Kiara would nod as well, gently smiling at David through all her tears as he left. She turned to Rory...

"Thank you, Rory..." Kiara would say softly. She looked directly at Rory through her tears, her eyes a gentle shade between blue and crimson. Kiara would gently breath out, trembling.

"I... I know that dealing with me and my crap is a lot, and..." Kiara breathed out once more, continuing to tremble.

"Kiara, it's fine, you don't have to thank me and I'm glad to help... I just... wish I could do more, personally..." Rory said, gently placing her hand on Kiara's shoulder.

"Heh... Rory, you do... so much for me, honestly... I'd probably lose my mind if you weren't around me, Rory..." Kiara murmured, just letting out a hollow chuckle and crooked, small smile. She placed her hand onto Rory's hand, gently clasping it. Rory would softly smile back, before breathing out.

"Kiara... I want you to know that... I don't think you following your dream is... a bad thing." Rory murmured.

"I... thank you, Rory... But I just... David's right... I can't keep torturing myself like this... I can't be everyone's hero..." Kiara murmured back, "I just... It's just something I have to learn to accept a-and... grow through... I guess..."

"I know, Kiara... Trust me, I used to be like you in all honesty... I used to dream about a paradise where everyone could be happy and all that... I used to obsess over it to the point I did some... s-some..." Rory trembled a bit as she talked, choking on her own words.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, Rory..." Kiara said, gently leaning into the iron swordswoman, softly breathing against her ear.

"N-No, it's fine... I just... I want you to know that pursuing something you love, or believe in... Isn't bad. Nor are obsessions. Being so passionate about something like you are is what makes you who you are... it makes you beautiful, Kiara..." Rory murmured, a soft blush appearing across her cheeks. Kiara couldn't help but smile at that, her grip around Rory's hand softly tightening.

"But sometimes... to much passion can hurt, alright...? I don't want you to hurt yourself pursuing an impossible dream... I know I have and I... I don't want you to be miserable, alright...? I want you to be able to pursue something you love without hurting yourself..." Rory murmured.

"I... I know, Rory... Thank you..." Kiara murmured, her smile widening.

"But... Just know, Kiara, that whatever you do or whatever you want to pursue, I will always support you... I'm here for you Kiara, and if you want to continue on the hero path, then I'll help you through it as best as I can... If you want to keep going, I will help you achieve your dream no matter what..." Rory said, "I'm your wife, and I will always be here for you..."

Kiara sniffled a bit, breathing out shakily. Her smile widened, as she pulled Rory into a hug. Rory hugged back gladly, smiling as well.

"Do you... wanna go train with David while I watch over Rio...?" Rory asked, continuing to hug Kiara. She buried her face into Kiara's neck, gently breathing in.

"Well.. if your offering, I think I'd like to..." Kiara murmured, "Are you sure you want to, though...?"

"Of course I do, Kiara... He's still asleep, so it probably won't be that hard... Besides, I wanna spend some more time with him..." Rory murmured, smiling.

"Hehe... Alright..." Kiara would softly pull away from the hug. Rory breathed in one final time, before letting out a satisfied breath.

"Were you just smelling me...?" Kiara asked, chuckling a bit.

"And what would you do if I was...?" Rory asked, in a somewhat playful tone, trying to lighten the mood a bit more.

"Well, I'd say it's unfair that I don't get to smell you back..." Kiara said, moving up to Rory. Gently, she placed her face near Rory's hair, gently taking in her "aroma", or at least how Kiara perceived her aroma. Both of them most likely enjoyed each other's natural scent regardless of how they actually smelt.

"Hehe..." Rory let out a chuckle as well, before softly pushing Kiara away. Kiara got up, looking over to Rio, who was still sleeping rather peacefully.

"I'll see you later, alright...? And... Just... Thank you, Rory... For being there for me... After all this, I just... I love you, Rory. I'll always love you..." Kiara said, gently smiling at Rory.

"I love you to, Kiara..." Rory said back happily, "Have fun, alright...?"

"I will...!" Kiara said, before going off to find wherever David went. Or really anybody, to be completely honest. She didn't much care who approached her to train or who didn't, so if somebody got to her before she got to David then she'd probably just go with them.

Having returned to the gym within one of the door dimensions, David collapsed onto a bench.

"...H-how long...h-has it been...since I talked to someone about that..." David thought. He breathed out, his body trembling slightly. Revisiting some of the past was..painful for him, to say the least. While he could laugh off some events, like his disastrous wedding...others had stuck with him. The memory's latching onto his brain like a parasite. He closed his eyes, ignoring the images that began to dance within his vision, displaying the cold, desolate desert that he had left devoid of life. He could almost hear Set's voice sounding in his head, echoing the screams of the dead....the cries of the people he had massacred. He remained sitting there for several moments, before gradually breathing out again, forcing his body still.

"...I think the talk helped Kiara a bit...Dredging up old wounds is worth it...if she's feelin' better." David thought. He attempted to focus on that positive thought, pushing the rest to the back of his mind. Standing up, he slowly moved towards some of the weights, beginning his workout routine again.

Jack finished reading these new 20 pages, so he dedicated himself to returning to his mental plane in the void, this time he would refine the use of constant magic, as if it became a habit as the book described before but this new 20 pages with greater examples of ways to do it, the breathing and the channeling of magical power could be something that can be combined, by swallowing a gust of air the body converts that oxygen into energy that is then directed by the entire body towards the outside, so if he could simulate that mechanism but with magic, he could make his body regard him as if he were walking or watching, being part of his very nature this would take a few days, but it was good to start right now.

Kiara continued to move, breathing out, smiling. It was the first time in such a long time she smiled, or well, at least genuinely. Throughout these Lostbelts, Kiara had mostly found herself plastering fake smiles onto her expression in-order to keep up appearances... And she was good at it. Fortunately enough, Kiara was a good liar when she wanted to be. She felt like she didn't have to do that, though, not now at least. She was... "happy", in a way. As happy as she could be, at least. She shook her head, trying not to think about anything else. She was "happy", yes. Very happy... She had a beautiful wife, an amazing young baby boy, and friends here to help her. She was happy. She was happy.

"I'm... happy." Kiara said out-loud to herself. "That's right, I'm happy... Don't focus on the bad stuff, and just... be happy."

Kiara, being as happy as she was, and with a bright, twinkling look in her eye and a wide smile on her face, located the door that David went through, slowly walking into the dimension and having no idea where her friend was.

David was lifting two, extraordinarily thick dumbells, each coated with their own, dense gravitational field, drastically increasing their weight. He was surrounded by fairly standard workout equipment, barbells, exercise bands, jump ropes, and the like. The equipment was surprisingly organized; David clearly took care to keep his area orderly. His face was blank, his body seeming to move on its own as heaved the weights over his head.

As Kiara walked inside the dimension, David looked up, turning towards her. His eyes widened with surprise...before a small smile appeared on his face, encouraged by Kiara's seemingly upbeat demeanor.

"Hey, Kiara! Ya feeling any better?" David said. He removed the gravity on his weights, before placing them back on the rack.

"Yeah...! I feel a lot better." Kiara said, smiling. Her eyes were still that mysterious hue, a mixture between blue and crimson, but other than that, she seemed happy. And happy, she was. Very, very happy.

"I feel... a whole lot better!"

Kiara nodded, still smiling. "Yeah...! She's... she definitely helped me out a lot."

If there was anything Kiara would say, that was definitely genuine. Kiara shook her head, before glancing around as she fully entered the gym David was in. She had... no idea what anything was. She'd never been to a gym, and she hadn't ever lifted weights since she'd always been lifting things far heavier or simply doing more basic workouts.

"What's all this...?"

Kiara nodded, still smiling. "Yeah...! She's... she definitely helped me out a lot."

If there was anything Kiara would say, that was definitely genuine. Kiara shook her head, before glancing around as she fully entered the gym David was in. She had... no idea what anything was. She'd never been to a gym, and she hadn't ever lifted weights since she'd always been lifting things far heavier or simply doing more basic workouts.

"What's all this...?"
"Eh...?" David said, looking around. He was briefly confused about her question, before realizing what she was asking.

"Oh! It's a gym. When I was growing up...people used to go to places like this to...get in shape." David said.

"Yeah. B-before the...impact, I used to work out in these places a lot..." David said. His tone was almost wistful, though, it had been so long since he had left the real world that he had forgotten many of the details. He placed his hands on one of the weights, lifting it upward.

"...This kinda thing is...less practical, now that we're so strong...but...it's a..bit nostalgic for me, so I like doing it here."

"Hm... We never had stuff like this when I was a kid..." Kiara murmured, lifting one of the weights and examining them. They were absurdly easy to lift, so, as David stated, she didn't find the practicality in them.
"Heh...the weights are only effective if ya can increase their weight somehow...I wrap mine in my gravity when I use 'em." David said, shrugging a bit.

"By the way, did ya need something? I could talk ya ear off...but I don't want to drag on if ya came here for a reason." David said.

"Oh, I just... wanted to train, I guess. I haven't in a while because of... yknow." Kiara said, referring to her... "mental" issues that had kept her from engaging in training or sparring.

"And when I don't train for a while I get all itchy and stuff."

David nodded, gently placing the weight he had been lifting back on the rack. His fingers lingered on the steel for a moment, before moving back to his side.

"Well...you aren't going to get much training out of a place like this. Not without gravity control, anyway..." David said.

"...I could help weigh down the weights for you, so you can actually get some sets in. Or...we could ditch this place, and find a room where we can spar, if either of those works for you."

"I mean, I'd kinda like to figure out how to lift these things, if you'd teach me. While weighing them down, of course." Kiara said, "There's probably some sorta form I'm supposed to follow, right? I can imagine that when people lifted these if they did it incorrectly they'd pull a **** ton of muscles..."

"Oh! I can totally teach ya, Kiara." David said, his voice betraying a noticeable amount of excitement. Gingerly, he grabbed two weights from the rack, before handing one to Kiara. As he gave it to her, he gradually began to imbue it with gravity, enough so that it would feel at least somewhat heavy in her grip.

"...There are many different lifting techniques that target certain muscle groups. I can show ya some if ya want."

Once he saw that Kiara had a solid grip on the dumbbell, David nodded.

"...Alright...so I'm gonna show you a basic lift. It was called the Bicep Curl back when I went to the gym. It uh...targets the biceps, hence the name." David said.

"...First, ensure you keep a good, solid grip on your dumbbell. Your hand should look like this." David said. He raised his free hand, grabbing at the air as if he was holding an imaginary weight.

"Next, you need to adopt proper posture while lifting the weight itself. Mimic the stance I'm in now." David said. He assumed a basic Bicep Curl stance, bringing the weight to his side.

David nodded, whistling softly.

"...Should've known you'd pick this up quickly." David said, chuckling a bit.

"...Alright. So this is the most important part. Gripping the dumbbell, slowly curl your arm upward, making sure to maintain control of the weight the entire time." David said. He demonstrated this, curling the weight up to his shoulders before slowly returning it to his side, completing a basic Bicep Curl.

"...Make sure to keep your form steady throughout the movement, the only part of the body that should be moving is the arm itself." David added. He'd normally go into more detail, but seeing Kiara so easily replicate his stance, he knew she could likely figure it out intuitively.

Kiara nodded, "Alright. Sounds easy enough."

Kiara, as expected, was able to perfectly replicate David's movement. She was able to feel each individual muscle fiber in her arm, and, more specifically, her bicep, tighten and stretch just as they would from any other workout, but, she didn't seem to be much feeling it.

"Can you increase the weight?"

Back