• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Sounds good to me." Kiara said with a shrug, "I'd bring Rory, but she definitely wouldn't be into something that's so crowded and so uh... loud."
"...Rory's already made her opinion on Pro Wrestling...painfully clear to me." David said, chuckling a bit.

"Anyway. We didn't come here for me to fawn over all this stuff. Hop on up, and we get started." David said, beckoning Kiara up onto the ring.

"...Rory's already made her opinion on Pro Wrestling...painfully clear to me." David said, chuckling a bit.

"Anyway. We didn't come here for me to fawn over all this stuff. Hop on up, and we get started." David said, beckoning Kiara up onto the ring.
"Lemme guess, she thinks it's stupid?" Kiara said with a chuckle as she got into the ring with him, sharpening her senses.

"To put it lightly, yeah." David said, chuckling a bit.

"I remember her giving me a hard time about it when we first met. Before kicking me through a few buildings."
"Pfft-" Kiara held back a laugh at that, "S-Sorry... let's get to the spar."

(Now's your time, Oliver.)
"Then you don't have to, just don't let it make your mental health take a dip. Always someone to talk to about it." Terevion said
"I'm just processing some things right now... I'll be fine." Gabriel said back.

"Well, you can train with us, we don't give a shit. Or do we??" Kiara said, turning to David to see if he had any objections.
"Okay, just remember to keep yourself in good mental health." Terevion said, taking two paces back to give Gabriel some room, deep in thought
"Alright... I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks for checking on me." Gabriel said, breathing out and slouching down a bit.

"Well, you can train with us, we don't give a shit. Or do we??" Kiara said, turning to David to see if he had any objections.
"A well, I just don't want to bother you both, really, since Jack has been training with Gabriel, I don't really have anyone to train with or talk beyond Reaver" Griffin said while walking, looking at the ring
"Yeah, ya can join us if ya want, I don't mind. Just don't trash the place." David said, shrugging.

"...But uh...who's Reaver?" David asked.

"Only a sword that can speak and manifest constructs like my right arm, please don't go into details, it's probably what's best for everyone and yes, I won't destroy this place, although it gives me a headache that it has almost unlimited doors" said Griffin, he knew in advance that several had a certain discomfort with Adam's weapons

"Only a sword that can speak and manifest constructs like my right arm, please don't go into details, it's probably what's best for everyone and yes, I won't destroy this place, although it gives me a headache that it has almost unlimited doors" said Griffin, he knew in advance that several had a certain discomfort with Adam's weapons
"Oh. So you have a fancy talking weapon, like Jack does." David said. His eyes narrowed slightly, before breathing out.

"...Well, I won't ask for any specifics. I assume ya got a handle on it." David said, scratching his head.

"Oh. So you have a fancy talking weapon, like Jack does." David said. His eyes narrowed slightly, before breathing out.

"...Well, I won't ask for any specifics. I assume ya got a handle on it." David said, scratching his head.
"I guess you two will start, so I'll wait my turn, since it's impossible to have a duel of 3 fairly." Grue latter said
"Alright..." Kiara said, breathing out as she swiftly got into a stance.

"I'd hoped this would just be a me and David thing... Ugh... Now everything's ruined... No, nothings ruined, don't tell yourself that... But we don't even know this guy.. I don't think I even remember his name... No no, calm down, it's not that big of a deal.. And yet I'm so pissed off...! Why couldn't he have just left us alone..."

She would think to herself, shaking her head a bit as the tightened her stance silently. She needed to calm down. There was no problem. She was happy. Very, very happy.
"I know your stressed right now, so checking is the least I can do." Terevion responded
"Haaa... And I appreciate that." Gabriel said, just slumping down a bit.

Griffin sat in a seat where no attack would hit him by mistake (such as air pressures and shock waves if they are generated in the confrontation) and watched the show, deep down he knew that he was probably making both of them uncomfortable, he had seen hundreds of people like to start deciphering the other's state of mind, of course some were easier than others and sometimes he's wrong, but he just hoped that his mere existence was not too much for them

"Alright..." Kiara said, breathing out as she swiftly got into a stance.

"I'd hoped this would just be a me and David thing... Ugh... Now everything's ruined... No, nothings ruined, don't tell yourself that... But we don't even know this guy.. I don't think I even remember his name... No no, calm down, it's not that big of a deal.. And yet I'm so pissed off...! Why couldn't he have just left us alone..."

She would think to herself, shaking her head a bit as the tightened her stance silently. She needed to calm down. There was no problem. She was happy. Very, very happy.
David nodded at Griffin's suggestion, before turning back towards Kiara.

"...Been looking forward to sparring with ya again, after our last bout..." David said. Slowly, he lowered his center of gravity, crouching down near the ground. His arms were positioned in front of him, his hands open. The muscles within his legs began to tense, ready to spring at any moment.

"...Let's make it a good one." He said. He flashed her a toothy grin, waiting for her to begin.

David nodded at Griffin's suggestion, before turning back towards Kiara.

"...Been looking forward to sparring with ya again, after our last bout..." David said. Slowly, he lowered his center of gravity, crouching down near the ground. His arms were positioned in front of him, his hands open. The muscles within his legs began to tense, ready to spring at any moment.

"...Let's make it a good one." He said. He flashed her a toothy grin, waiting for her to begin.
"Likewise..." Kiara said, breathing out as she adjusted her stance, balancing her weight perfectly as she observed David's stance.

"I've gotta remember that his body is weird... He evolves like clockwork against elemental and physical damage... So I've gotta make sure that my attacks are concentrated so he can't block them with sheer durability... I can't afford to waste any movement in this one..." She thought to herself, devising a strategy. Swiftly, she concentrated heat around her arms and legs, like gloves and boots of sorts as she breathed out once more. She was clearly ready.

"Likewise..." Kiara said, breathing out as she adjusted her stance, balancing her weight perfectly as she observed David's stance.

"I've gotta remember that his body is weird... He evolves like clockwork against elemental and physical damage... So I've gotta make sure that my attacks are concentrated so he can't block them with sheer durability... I can't afford to waste any movement in this one..." She thought to herself, devising a strategy. Swiftly, she concentrated heat around her arms and legs, like gloves and boots of sorts as she breathed out once more. She was clearly ready.
David cracked his neck, eyeing Kiara carefully as she observed him.

"...This ain't gonna be easy. In terms of power and technique...she's a top-class striker, and now that she's back in top shape, I can't count on being able to overpower her so easily. Her flames aren't anything to shake a stick at, either. They are versatile and hot enough that half-assed adaptions won't negate them so easily... " David thought. He shifted his stance slightly, rising up a few inches from the ground.

"...My best choice would be to endure her initial onslaught, and turn it into a battle of attrition. As long as I can avoid lethal damage, I have a leg up, in terms of endurance..." He thought. Slowly, he mutated his body, forming a thin layer of hardened skin underneath his muscles. It was akin to an inner layer of armor, serving to protect his vitals should his outer skin fail.

Suddenly, the muscles in his leg began to compress, before violently decompressing, the spring-like motion launching David forward at high speeds. Immediately, he attempted to grab Kiara's legs, performing a double-leg tackdown in an attempt to drive the woman to the ground, amplifying her gravity at the last moment to further increase the damage from the fall. Would this be successful, he'd immediately jump on top of her, before beginning to pummel her with punches.

Last edited:
David cracked his neck, eyeing Kiara carefully as she observed him.

"...This ain't gonna be easy. In terms of power and technique...she's a top-class striker, and now that she's back in top shape, I can't count on being able to overpower her so easily. Her flames aren't anything to shake a stick at, either. They are versatile and hot enough that half-assed adaptions won't negate them so easily... " David thought. He shifted his stance slightly, rising up a few inches from the ground.

"...My best choice would be to endure her initial onslaught, and turn it into a battle of attrition. As long as I can avoid lethal damage, I have a leg up, in terms of endurance..." He thought. Slowly, he mutated his body, forming a thin layer of hardened skin underneath his muscles. It was akin to an inner layer of armor, serving to protect his vitals should his outer skin fail.

Suddenly, the muscles in his leg began to compress, before violently decompressing, the spring-like motion launching David forward at high speeds. Immediately, he attempted to grab Kiara's legs, performing a double-leg tackdown in an attempt to drive the woman to the ground, amplifying her gravity at the last moment to further increase the damage from the fall. Would this be successful, he'd immediately jump on top of her, before beginning to pummel her with punches.
Kiara was swift in shifting her center of gravity, dodging to the side and delivering a swift kick to David's temple with her heated sole, his own forward momentum contributing to the damage of the strike along with the immense amounts of concentrated heat, like a plasma cutter. Should this be successful, she would immediately follow up with another kick to his jaw and a kick to his other temple which seemed to occur at the exact same time, moving immediately after her first kick landed(if it did) to make sure he had 0 time to recuperate or counter-attack. She almost seemed as if she was expecting him to move this way, and it was likely that she had memorized his standard tactics enough that she could easily prepare for his forward approaches and takedowns.

Kiara was swift in shifting her center of gravity, dodging to the side and delivering a swift kick to David's temple with her heated sole, his own forward momentum contributing to the damage of the strike along with the immense amounts of concentrated heat, like a plasma cutter. Should this be successful, she would immediately follow up with another kick to his jaw and a kick to his other temple which seemed to occur at the exact same time, moving immediately after her first kick landed(if it did) to make sure he had 0 time to recuperate or counter-attack. She almost seemed as if she was expecting him to move this way, and it was likely that she had memorized his standard tactics enough that she could easily prepare for his forward approaches and takedowns.
Kiara's initial hit was indeed successful, Kiara's foot impacting heavily against his skull and scorching a portion of his outer skin. However, a lifetime of training to take blows had made David well-versed in enduring impacts, allowing David to shift his body in such a way as to prevent his brain from shaking from the impact. Consequently, he wasn't nearly as stunned by the blow as Kiara might have expected.

As Kiara continued with her combination of kicks, David's hand shot outward, immediately attempting to grab her leg mid-motion. Assuming this was successful, he'd increase the gravity around her, drastically bolstering her weight before viciously slamming her against the ground.

Kiara's initial hit was indeed successful, Kiara's foot impacting heavily against his skull and scorching a portion of his outer skin. However, a lifetime of training to take blows had made David well-versed in enduring impacts, allowing David to shift his body in such a way as to prevent his brain from shaking from the impact. Consequently, he wasn't nearly as stunned by the blow as Kiara might have expected.

As Kiara continued with her combination of kicks, David's hand shot outward, immediately attempting to grab her leg mid-motion. Assuming this was successful, he'd increase the gravity around her, drastically bolstering her weight before viciously slamming her against the ground.
Kiara, clearly not expecting David to be totally stunned from that, did a skillful backflip that landed her only around a meter away from David, just enough distance to avoid his grab and just enough distance to immediately close it within less than a second and continue with a combination of kicks towards his head and neck while his center of gravity was still lowered. Every move she made was calculated, the young fighter knowing she could not afford to make any big movements or waste any power unless necessary, and as such, her attacks were far more precise, and as such far harder to defend against.

David's hand grasped air as Kiara avoided his grab, momentarily catching him off guard. As Kira closed in and continued her combination, David was indeed, struck by the barrage, his body being scorched and bruised by her precise blows. However...none of them struck their mark. If there was one thing David had mastered, it was the ability to defend against damage. As Kiara's hits slammed into his flesh, David's body constantly began to shift, moving the target of the blows by mere millimeters to force the attacks to land glancing blows against his body.

Suddenly, as Kiara was pummeling him with kicks, the muscles within David's neck began to flex and contort right before the moment of impact. Assuming the kick continued its course, David's muscles would immediately unflex as the kick slammed into him, reflecting the damage back onto Kiara's leg in the form of a powerful shockwave. At the same time, David would launch a counterattack, pushing his palm forward and launching a point-blank burst of gravity into Kiara's stomach.

In the millisecond before Kiara's kick landed, the direction of her kick shifted rapidly, as if she had anticipated David's move once again. She had taken his "inhuman" physiology into account, and his ability to contort his muscles to reflect damage was something she had previously experienced and seen, and she knew he would exploit it in the middle of her barrage of attacks, when he thought that she wouldn't expect it, but, she did. She was taking this fight completely seriously, and took all the factors into account as best she could. He wasn't an opponent she could half-ass, and they both knew that.

The direction of her kick shifted right into his stomach, her toes slamming into his torso. The moment contact was made, the tip of her toes released a violent internal explosion of concentrated heat, adding onto the physical force of the kick. No matter how much one shifted their vitals, the body had limited size, and if she expanded an explosion within his body, there would be no place he could shift it within himself to avoid the area of effect.

David wasn't surprised by Kiara's sudden shift in direction, knowing the woman was far too skilled to miss the visible signs of his flexing muscles. He had begun to notice Kiara's ability to predict his patterns and thus needed to ensure he himself could react to the instant she saw through one of his strategies.

As Kiara's toes slammed against his body, David's body began to mutate; two muscular arms sprouted from David's lower torso. As the explosion erupted through David's body, the limbs immediately slammed against her leg, knocking the concentrated heat away from his stomach. While this didn't prevent the initial attack from scorching through a portion of his abdomen, it would push it away from further expanding it past that point.

Assuming this was successful, David would immediately take a step back, before suddenly unleashing a burst of gravity behind him, launching himself forward and slamming Kiara with a vicious shoulder tackle.

All the while. David's skin was seemingly...shifting. Visibly hardening and condensing. The downside of launching so many fierce attacks was that David's body was given more and more stimuli, using that information to slowly but surely adapt to her flames.

With a rapid shift in muscle movement, Kiara's leg shot forward, releasing the concentrated explosion like a sniper bullet throughout David's torso just as is arms went to knock away the heat. She shot it forward at the last minute so that the arms he sent out could not disperse it's power, Kiara jumping back around 5 meters and swiftly catching her breath. With the concentrated nature of her fire bullet, meant to scorch his cells and atoms, even if he could indeed adapt, the damage and durability negation would still take an immense time to adapt to unless David could somehow increase his rate of adaptation and healing. She caught her breath, and awaited his next move.

David's wound was deep, but not enough to impede his combat abilities. Almost as soon as it was made, David's body immediately began to layer a thick, shell-like coating of flesh over the wound. Hair would begin to extend underneath the flesh, the durable filament quickly attempting to sew his wound close in the absence of proper healing.

The moment Kiara launched herself backward, David suddenly let loose an intense burst of gravity from the soles of his feet, simultaneously decreasing his weight down to nearly nothing. The result was that David nearly instantly closed the distance, not giving Kiara a moment to rest. Twirling suddenly, he slammed Kiara's neck with a vicious backhand chop, using the spinning motion to generate additional torque, increasing the force behind his attack. The moment before the impact, David would imbue Kiara's legs with extraordinarily heavy gravity, hoping that the sudden increase in weight would hamper her dodging abilities.

Kiara, the very moment before David completely got close to her, used his immense momentum against him to strike him directly in the face with a punch, which increased the power by adding the strength of her strike to his own forward momentum, a strategy she had used multiple times. Knowing this wouldn't much stagger him or take him out, she began once again with a combo of kicks which seemed to come from all sides in impossible angles, her precision allowing her to at least pull off this much, and the intensity of the skillful barrage of attacks would only increase unless David counter-attacked.

David wasn't foolish enough to fall for the same strategy again, knowing full well that Kiara could and would take advantage of his momentum to increase the damage of her strikes. As soon as he saw the women raise her arm, David immediately slammed himself with an absurd amount of downward gravity, nearly instantly halting his momentum the moment before Kiara's blow struck him. This, combined with David's extraordinarily high endurance, allowed him to endure Kiara's blow without breaking stride. As Kiara began to launch the first hit of her combination, David mutated his body, rapidly creating dozens of additional joints within his skeleton as he threw a quick jab toward Kiara's face. Assuming Kiara attempted to avoid the jab, the arm would immediately backward on itself, coiling itself around her neck in a manner akin to a snake. Should this be successful, David would proceed to move forward, launching a vicious straight punch into Kiara's stomach.

Kiara, as soon as David stopped, changed her plan in a heartbeat. The timeframe between her fist hitting his face and her stopping was infinitesimal, but, she was able to keep her arm from raising completely and was able to change direction in a heartbeat. She circled around him with absurd precision, as if she had disappeared from the spot she was in, and struck him in the spine with an elbow-strike, tightening the muscles of her legs and channeling her heat to hopefully cause more internal and durability negating damage, even if his body control would allow him to once again avoid his spine or any vitals actually being damaged.

Kiara, as soon as David stopped, changed her plan in a heartbeat. The timeframe between her fist hitting his face and her stopping was infinitesimal, but, she was able to keep her arm from raising completely and was able to change direction in a heartbeat. She circled around him with absurd precision, as if she had disappeared from the spot she was in, and struck him in the spine with an elbow-strike, tightening the muscles of her legs and channeling her heat to hopefully cause more internal and durability negating damage, even if his body control would allow him to once again avoid his spine or any vitals actually being damaged.
As Kiara circled behind him, David's strategy immediately changed to adapt to her. David twisted his body to a clearly unnatural angel, rotating his torso nearly 180 degree's around his body to face Kiara. As Kiara launched her elbow strike, David's suddenly fired a point blank burst of gravity onto Kiara's elbow, the sudden impact knocking the blow completely off course if successful. Immediately, he'd follow up the attack, clenching his left fist before launching a powerful uppercut towards her jaw.

David could suddenly feel Kiara's knee connect directly with his face, the course of her attack unnaturally changing midway as he twisted his body around into a knee-strike. Like her previous movement, the shift in movement happened in an extremely small timeframe, and as such appeared instantaneous, making it incredibly hard to follow. It was almost as if her previous nearly completely elbow strike was a lure to merely catch him off guard as she rocketed herself forward with an explosion, massively increasing the power of her knee strike.

Such an attack would have landed true...had she done it at the beginning of the match. But, as David's body was repeatedly exposed to Kiara's strikes...it gradually began to 'store' the information of her blows, the potency, and the trajectory of Kiara's attacks imprinting itself into David's very flesh. Thus, David's body had begun to instinctively react to Kiara's movements, significantly shortening the lag between his motions. This, combined with David having already experienced Kiara's movement shifting from her previous attacks, gave David all the tools he needed to react to the seemingly surprising move.

As Kiara's knee rocketed upward, David shifted his body, the movement just enough that the knee would graze his cheek instead of hitting his face. In the same motion, David would lift up his arm...before viciously delivering a powerful chop onto Kiara's neck, using the momentum she generated from her own explosion to compound the damage. The hand itself was coated in absurdly dense gravity, aiding in the crushing weight of the chop as it slammed against her.

Kiara, in that very instant, flipped over David's attack, once again shifting her momentum to avoid his chop. This made the explosive knee marginally less power, but the concentrated heat still did damage regardless. In another instant, Kiara swung her legs while still in the air from having flipped in the middle of a flying knee strike, the tip of her foot swinging across David's back like a blade in an 'X' motion, the heat and strength of her attacks still incredibly difficult to adapt to. Should this be unsuccessful, she would back up, and expecting him to close the distance or perform a ranged attack in some way, caught her breath immediately, and went back in for attack before he could regain his footing, performing a combo of kicks once more, testing the waters, it seemed.

Should it be successful, though, she would rapidly increase the level of heat around her legs and then once again slash across his back with the tip of her toes, the heat once again scorching through him like a plasma blade as she continued to crank up the intensity, the flames gently beginning to turn blue.

David's cheek was scorched by the burning force of the knee kick, but, as it only landed a glancing blow, it did nothing to stop David from continuing his assault.

As Kiara flipped through the air to evade David's attack, David's back began to visibly mutate, a thick, shell-like armor beginning to cover the entirety of his torso. The moment Kiara's foot began to touch the shell...it broke apart, before immediately launching itself backward, shards of jagged bone launching themselves towards Kiara in a manner akin to the shrapnel of a bomb. David had created a chemical reaction within his body, causing the shell to explode outward the moment it had been exposed to extreme heat, something that Kiara's attacks certainly qualified as. Additionally, the shell itself was thick enough that it would be tough for her to cut through it and into his normal flesh, while simultaneously avoiding the subsequent fragments.

Assuming she chose to dodge this attack, David would immediately imbue the fragments with gravity, before altering their direction, propelling them in whatever direction she tried to dodge.

Kiara grunted, and noticing the shell-armor that had formed around his torso an instant before her attack reached him. She deduced it could be for two things in that instant. It was either to increase his durability, or to set up an attack. She knew David was prone to doing both things, and as such, it was hard to deduce what he was doing, despite the simplicity of the technique. She pondered that maybe it was both, in the end, and decided to, instead of pondering over something that her generally average intelligence could not account for, decided to just vaporize whatever came into her path. It was straight-forward, and that was the best way to deal with the situation.

The instant before her attack connected, her boots of fire and heat would begin to violently heat up, the previously orange and crimson flames turning into a raging, fiery blue. In that same instant, small wings would form at the sides of her feet, swiftly flapping... It was a technique that she had previously used in the Dream World with Lance when they first entered into the headquarters of Ragnarok, the Hermes. In that instant, immense heat and force was released from her legs as she violently swung both of them in another 'X' motion, completely annihilating David's armor before it could even attack her, scorching through it and damaging his flesh and everything in-between, should he not notice the extreme power and avoid it.

David's body shivered suddenly, alarm bells practically blaring in his mind. Over the years, David had taken an uncountable amount of attacks, from nearly every type of opponent imaginable. This insane punishment, tantamount to torture...had allowed David to foster something akin to a 'sixth sense' against certain attacks, specifically attacks he couldn't afford to take head-on. And that sixth sense was signaling like crazy as he intuitively sensed an insane amount of heat gather around Kiara's feet. He had no idea what the attack was, nor the mechanics behind it, but knew that simply standing there and tanking it wouldn't be the right move.

As Kiara gathered her flames, David's muscles began to tense, gravity slowly building up in his palms. Before Kiara's X kick could slam into him, David whirled around, suddenly condensing the gravity around the entire arena into a single, localized point. The built-up gravity immediately pulled the flames, alongside Kiara's legs should she not avoid the attack, into its center, violently crushing it in a manner akin to a Black Hole, though at a much weaker level than the real phenomena. It was his Gravity Crush, the same technique he had used in an attempt to crush Akaza's head during their battle with the man.

Assuming this attack was successful, David would immediately jump backward, opening up distances. His caution towards the unknown technique caused him to hesitate to continue his assault.

The gauntlets around Kiara's hands turned blue as well as she gathered even more heat, wings protruding from the sides of each of her wrists. She could feel his pseudo Black-Hole begin to suck up her flames in an attempt to crush her attack, but she didn't stop. It wasn't a real Black Hole, it was simply intense gravity, and as such it could be overpowered. Like violent rockets of heat, she used the momentum from both of her legs which were covered in Hermes as well as rocketing forward even more by violently springing forward with cannons of heat from the Hermes that covered her arms, combining the power of her arms and legs to break through his hyper-condensed gravity field with sheer, raw power. It was a dangerous move, but, if she dodged or tried to avoid it, she'd only be giving him time to adapt, and she refused to do that.

Back