• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Lance, who had been idly smoking in the other room, slowly peeked his head into the main room, having heard Kiara's sobs from where he had been standing. Gingerly, he began to walk towards the couple, leaning down next to Kiara.

"...If...you want sweets, I can conjure up a strawberry cake for you, my friend." Lance said gingerly. He didn't know how to comfort her, but could at least offer to cheer her up, if nothing else.

"...Would you like that...?" He asked quietly. He tried to flash her a reassuring smile.

Masayoshi's eyes widened as she saw the wolf smash through her wall. Thinking quickly, she leaped into the air, barely avoiding the monstrous creature as it passed below her. Taking control of the fragments of the wall he had destroyed, she lifted the splinters with telekinesis, aiming them at the wolf, before rapidly increasing their size with life magic. The wooden splinters turned into massive stakes and spears as they rapidly stabbed into the beast, aiming toward its neck.
The wolf spun, it's fur literally grinding the stakes and spears to dust, before attacking Masayoshi by bouncing off the air, loud shockwaves being heard by the force it had to use to jump off the air itself

Lance, who had been idly smoking in the other room, slowly peeked his head into the main room, having heard Kiara's sobs from where he had been standing. Gingerly, he began to walk towards the couple, leaning down next to Kiara.

"...If...you want sweets, I can conjure up a strawberry cake for you, my friend." Lance said gingerly. He didn't know how to comfort her, but could at least offer to cheer her up, if nothing else.

"...Would you like that...?" He asked quietly. He tried to flash her a reassuring smile.
Kiara flinched hard at hearing Lance's voice, glancing up at him. She turned down, her tears and trembling not stopping.

"I-I-I... I look so pathetic..." She thought to herself, just continuing to bury herself in ice cream, unable to properly present herself to even form words.

"Please... don't look at me...." She thought to herself once more, just curling up into a ball and bringing the container of ice cream into her chest. A wave of crippling self-consciousness overtook Kiara as Lance kneeled down to her and Rory. She knew Lance wasn't a man to judge, but, she couldn't help but feel so worthless as he smiled at her...

"Th-Thanks for the offer, Lance... I think that'd help..." Rory murmured, turning to Lance and smiling at him as she wrapped her arm around Kiara and pulled her close.

Kiara flinched hard at hearing Lance's voice, glancing up at him. She turned down, her tears and trembling not stopping.

"I-I-I... I look so pathetic..." She thought to herself, just continuing to bury herself in ice cream, unable to properly present herself to even form words.

"Please... don't look at me...." She thought to herself once more, just curling up into a ball and bringing the container of ice cream into her chest. A wave of crippling self-consciousness overtook Kiara as Lance kneeled down to her and Rory. She knew Lance wasn't a man to judge, but, she couldn't help but feel so worthless as he smiled at her...

"Th-Thanks for the offer, Lance... I think that'd help..." Rory murmured, turning to Lance and smiling at him as she wrapped her arm around Kiara and pulled her close.
Lance's smile faded slightly, a look of concern crossing his face. He had never seen Kiara this sad before, and the sight caused his chest to tighten with sadness.

"...I'll...I'll get right on it..." Lance said softly, nodding at the duo. Taking a step back, he quickly moved into the kitchen. Concentrating for a moment, he conjured the sponge of the cake from memory, before quickly decorating it with thick, extremely sweet strawberry frosting, using telekinesis to spread the frosting evenly. As a final touch, he created multiple small, fresh strawberries, placing them in numerous places on top of the cake itself. Levitating the finished product, he gingerly moved toward Kiara and Rory. He summoned a small, platform near the ground, figuring it would act as a sort of table, before creating a small spoon next to the plate. Gingerly, he lowered it down to Kiara, before taking a small step back.

"...Here you go, Kiara. I...I hope it's to your liking..." Lance said softly.

The wolf spun, it's fur literally grinding the stakes and spears to dust, before attacking Masayoshi by bouncing off the air, loud shockwaves being heard by the force it had to use to jump off the air itself
Masayoshi ducked, barely avoiding the vicious creature's jaws as she immediately rolled onto the ground, dirt covering her dress. Holding her hands outward, she began to rapidly fire tiny seeds from her hands, pelting the creature in a manner akin to a machine gun. She was aiming toward the creature's eyes and mouth. Should any seed pierce its eyes or enter its throat, the seeds would instantly begin to germinate into a large mass of poison Ivy, completely filling the creature's body with the allergenic plant. The seeds were genetically modified to massively bolster the effectiveness of the oils covering the plant, causing excruciating pain and blocking the wolves' airways and vision.

Lance's smile faded slightly, a look of concern crossing his face. He had never seen Kiara this sad before, and the sight caused his chest to tighten with sadness.

"...I'll...I'll get right on it..." Lance said softly, nodding at the duo. Taking a step back, he quickly moved into the kitchen. Concentrating for a moment, he conjured the sponge of the cake from memory, before quickly decorating it with thick, extremely sweet strawberry frosting, using telekinesis to spread the frosting evenly. As a final touch, he created multiple small, fresh strawberries, placing them in numerous places on top of the cake itself. Levitating the finished product, he gingerly moved toward Kiara and Rory. He summoned a small, platform near the ground, figuring it would act as a sort of table, before creating a small spoon next to the plate. Gingerly, he lowered it down to Kiara, before taking a small step back.

Kiara glanced up at the cake, and then at Lance, and then back to the cake. Slowly, she would raise her trembling arm, moving to grab the spoon. Now that Lance, one of her closest friends, was here and had seen her like this, it was clear she was having some trouble mustering up the courage to eat the cake.

Kiara let out a labored, shaky breath and took a piece of cake onto her spoon. Slowly, she moved it back to her mouth, gently chewing and swallowing what was left. She repeated this process slowly, her arm shaking each time she reached out to spoon the cake, uncharacteristically, as Kiara, as shown many times before, was a heavy eater, prone to binge eating whenever she had the chance to eat.

Rhongomyniad left where she was training and moved to Kiara, instant concern all over her face as she approached Kiara

Masayoshi ducked, barely avoiding the vicious creature's jaws as she immediately rolled onto the ground, dirt covering her dress. Holding her hands outward, she began to rapidly fire tiny seeds from her hands, pelting the creature in a manner akin to a machine gun. She was aiming toward the creature's eyes and mouth. Should any seed pierce its eyes or enter its throat, the seeds would instantly begin to germinate into a large mass of poison Ivy, completely filling the creature's body with the allergenic plant. The seeds were genetically modified to massively bolster the effectiveness of the oils covering the plant, causing excruciating pain and blocking the wolves' airways and vision.
The wolf spun again, but the oils and juices from the poison ivy got onto its skin under its thick pelt, causing it to howl in pain, jumping back and out of sight as undead critters began to swarm around Masayoshi, not attacking her however

Kiara glanced up at the cake, and then at Lance, and then back to the cake. Slowly, she would raise her trembling arm, moving to grab the spoon. Now that Lance, one of her closest friends, was here and had seen her like this, it was clear she was having some trouble mustering up the courage to eat the cake.

Kiara let out a labored, shaky breath and took a piece of cake onto her spoon. Slowly, she moved it back to her mouth, gently chewing and swallowing what was left. She repeated this process slowly, her arm shaking each time she reached out to spoon the cake, uncharacteristically, as Kiara, as shown many times before, was a heavy eater, prone to binge eating whenever she had the chance to eat.
Lance watched Kiara eat for a moment, concern growing on his face. He knew from the few times he had cooked for her that she usually ate much more ravenously. He hesitated, before nodding.

"...If you would prefer...I can...leave you to it, Kiara. I...I'll be close by if you need anything." Lance said softly.

The wolf spun again, but the oils and juices from the poison ivy got onto its skin under its thick pelt, causing it to howl in pain, jumping back and out of sight as undead critters began to swarm around Masayoshi, not attacking her however
Masayoshi breathed out, watching as the wolf ran back into the forest. Glancing at the surrounding mass of undead, she immediately began summoning several thick trees around her. Floating into one of the branches, she looked down at the undead, examining them closely as she waited for their next move.

Lance watched Kiara eat for a moment, concern growing on his face. He knew from the few times he had cooked for her that she usually ate much more ravenously. He hesitated, before nodding.

"...If you would prefer...I can...leave you to it, Kiara. I...I'll be close by if you need anything." Lance said softly.
Kiara didn't respond, her arm freezing mid-way through moving to get another piece of cake. Her arm trembled, her grip on the fork wavering.

"A...a..a... I... a... I... d...d-don...n..." Kiara tried to get words out, but only ended up choking somewhat on a piece of cake caught in her throat, coughing up icing and crumbs.

Kiara didn't respond, her arm freezing mid-way through moving to get another piece of cake. Her arm trembled, her grip on the fork wavering.

"A...a..a... I... a... I... d...d-don...n..." Kiara tried to get words out, but only ended up choking somewhat on a piece of cake caught in her throat, coughing up icing and crumbs.
Rhongomyniad was instantly at her side, gently caressing her throat to help Kiara get everything up

Masayoshi breathed out, watching as the wolf ran back into the forest. Glancing at the surrounding mass of undead, she immediately began summoning several thick trees around her. Floating into one of the branches, she looked down at the undead, examining them closely as she waited for their next move.
"Well done..." Cullthane said, appearing behind Masayoshi

"Tell me, how comfortable are you with using plant magic offensively right now?" He asked

Lance slowly knelt next to Kiara. Focusing his energy for a moment, he summoned a small napkin, telekinetically holding it in front of her mouth so she could cough into it.

"Are you alright, my friend?" Lance said softly. He waited there, allowing her to take her time in responding, should she wish to.

"Well done..." Cullthane said, appearing behind Masayoshi

"Tell me, how comfortable are you with using plant magic offensively right now?" He asked
Masayoshi turned towards Cullthane, visibly startled. She breathed out, before responding.

"...I think I've gotten a pretty good grasp of it, so far, Cullthane. It's pretty versatile, so I have plenty of options when I want to use it..." Masayoshi said. She began to smooth her dress with her hands, wiping away the dirt accumulated while fighting.

Lance slowly knelt next to Kiara. Focusing his energy for a moment, he summoned a small napkin, telekinetically holding it in front of her mouth so she could cough into it.

"Are you alright, my friend?" Lance said softly. He waited there, allowing her to take her time in responding, should she wish to.

Masayoshi turned towards Cullthane, visibly startled. She breathed out, before responding.

"...I think I've gotten a pretty good grasp of it, so far, Cullthane. It's pretty versatile, so I have plenty of options when I want to use it..." Masayoshi said. She began to smooth her dress with her hands, wiping away the dirt accumulated while fighting.
"Good... to learn life magic truly means to master dark magic and necromancy as byproducts." Cullthane said to Masayoshi, his purple eyes sharp

Rhongomyniad was instantly at her side, gently caressing her throat to help Kiara get everything up
"I-I... I'm... a-a-al...right." Kiara was finally able to get some words out, coughing up chunks of saliva and partially chewed cake onto the napkin as Rory gently patted her on the back.

"I'm... s-sorry..." She murmured.

"I-I... I'm... a-a-al...right." Kiara was finally able to get some words out, coughing up chunks of saliva and partially chewed cake onto the napkin as Rory gently patted her on the back.

"I'm... s-sorry..." She murmured.
"...There's no need to apologize, Kiara. I'm just glad you are alright." Lance said softly.

"...Would you like anything else? I...I want to help, if I am able."

"Good... to learn life magic truly means to master dark magic and necromancy as byproducts." Cullthane said to Masayoshi, his purple eyes sharp
Masayoshi glanced at Cullthane, before slowly nodding.

"...I suppose that means I should learn more about dark magic, right? I remember you gave me lessons on the basics a while back..." Masayoshi said.

"...There's no need to apologize, Kiara. I'm just glad you are alright." Lance said softly.

"I'm not alright, Lance... N-Nothi- ng...! Is ever- a-alri- ght...!" Kiara said, her words broken up mostly by an overabundance of hiccups born from crying and violent muscle spasms, tears pouring softly from her eyes.

"I'm not alright, Lance... N-Nothi- ng...! Is ever- a-alri- ght...!" Kiara said, her words broken up mostly by an overabundance of hiccups born from crying and violent muscle spasms, tears pouring softly from her eyes.
"Your alive aren't you? Rio is alive and well isn't he? Be strong..." Rhongomyniad said gently

"...I suppose that means I should learn more about dark magic, right? I remember you gave me lessons on the basics a while back..." Masayoshi said.
"Yes. But that should be kept for when we aren't in a lostbelt. Until then... we should go with water magic." Cullthane said, teleporting back to his reappeared alchemy station

"I-I can- ha... I c-can't...!" Kiara exclaimed, "M-M-My... whole world is falling apart...! I can't b-be... strong... I don't know what I'm d-d-doing... I'm... j-just... I'm so stupid... I don't know anything anymore..."
"You still have Rory, Rio, and Friends who care for you, and believe me, you aren't stupid..." Rhongomyniad murmured, gently caressing Kiara's shoulder to comfort her "We need to get you to Gabriel..." She murmured

(poke)

small smile crept onto Ythala's face, despite her anxiousness.

"R-really? S-she...doesn't act t-that way around me..." Ythala said softly.

"...I-I'm glad...she's comfortable enough to...e-express herself when I'm around..." She said, a soft blush appearing on her face
"That's why I want to apologize... The truth is that when I noticed her so happy in such a short time, due to how strange it was, I thought that you had brainwashed her somehow, but I was wrong, what she feels is pure and real love, and I'm glad someone can make her feel that, after all Okita is a bit complicated to understand sometimes" said Jack while smiled to the angel

"I-I can- ha... I c-can't...!" Kiara exclaimed, "M-M-My... whole world is falling apart...! I can't b-be... strong... I don't know what I'm d-d-doing... I'm... j-just... I'm so stupid... I don't know anything anymore..."
Lance nodded at Rhongo's words, before lowering himself to eye level with Kiara.

"...Do you know the saying…’it takes a village to raise a child’? It’s…it’s an old proverb, that people said in the Real World…” Lance said softly.

“Parenting…And going through life i…it isn’t something you need to shoulder by yourself. Let…let us be your village, Kiara. Let us help you be…strong”.

"Yes. But that should be kept for when we aren't in a lostbelt. Until then... we should go with water magic." Cullthane said, teleporting back to his reappeared alchemy station
Masayoshi hopped off her tree, gingerly making her way back to the alchemy station.

“After these Lostbelts? Your willing to keep up our…arrangement, while we’re in the Dream World?” Masayoshi asked.

"That's why I want to apologize... The truth is that when I noticed her so happy in such a short time, due to how strange it was, I thought that you had brainwashed her somehow, but I was wrong, what she feels is pure and real love, and I'm glad someone can make her feel that, after all Okita is a bit complicated to understand sometimes" said Jack while smiled to the angel
Ythala stared at Jack blankly for a moment, before chuckling softly.

“O-oh…t-that…that explains a lot.” Ythala said quietly.

“I…I can understand…why you thought that. But…I would never do that to Okita. L-love that…that is forced onto someone…isn’t love at all.”

“…T-thank you, for…for apologizing.” She said. She flashed the man a soft smile.

Lance nodded at Rhongo's words, before lowering himself to eye level with Kiara.

"...Do you know the saying…’it takes a village to raise a child’? It’s…it’s an old proverb, that people said in the Real World…” Lance said softly.

“Parenting…And going through life i…it isn’t something you need to shoulder by yourself. Let…let us be your village, Kiara. Let us help you be…strong”.
"You still have Rory, Rio, and Friends who care for you, and believe me, you aren't stupid..." Rhongomyniad murmured, gently caressing Kiara's shoulder to comfort her "We need to get you to Gabriel..." She murmured
"I've tried!!" Kiara shouted, thrashing around and slamming her arm into the cake, knocking it off the table and onto the floor, the contents breaking apart and splattering across the material.

"I always a-accept help...! I've been accepting help from people ever since I got to the Dream World...! B-B-But... th-things only get worse...! I don't wanna go to Gabriel...! I just want something to change...!!" She exclaimed, curling up and gripping her head.

"K-Kiara...!" Rory curled over Kiara, immense concern now growing in her expression due to her violent outburst.

Ythala stared at Jack blankly for a moment, before chuckling softly.

“O-oh…t-that…that explains a lot.” Ythala said quietly.

“I…I can understand…why you thought that. But…I would never do that to Okita. L-love that…that is forced onto someone…isn’t love at all.”

“…T-thank you, for…for apologizing.” She said. She flashed the man a soft smile
"I hope that if we survive this, you two can live together, after all, not everyone has the same luck as you or Okita to find true love" Jack say with smile, though his load lightened, his mind still made circled not to the Okita-Ythala relationship, but to what he would do after all of this shit is over.

"I've tried!!" Kiara shouted, thrashing around and slamming her arm into the cake, knocking it off the table and onto the floor, the contents breaking apart and splattering across the material.

"I always a-accept help...! I've been accepting help from people ever since I got to the Dream World...! B-B-But... th-things only get worse...! I don't wanna go to Gabriel...! I just want something to change...!!" She exclaimed, curling up and gripping her head.

"K-Kiara...!" Rory curled over Kiara, immense concern now growing in her expression due to her violent outburst.
Lance stared at Kiara for a moment. His expression morphed into one of obvious worry. He opened his mouth as if to speak, but…he couldn’t think of anything to say. Nothing that would make her feel any better. He continued to hesitate, before looking toward the ground.

“I…I’m sorry, Kiara…” Lance said quietly.

"I hope that if we survive this, you two can live together, after all, not everyone has the same luck as you or Okita to find true love" Jack say with smile, though his load lightened, his mind still made circled not to the Okita-Ythala relationship, but to what he would do after all of this shit is over.
Ythala smiled. Her wings flapping gently in her back.

“…T-thank you…Jack.” Ythala said softly.

“I…I’m sure you’ll find your true love to. One day…”

Lance stared at Kiara for a moment. His expression morphed into one of obvious worry. He opened his mouth as if to speak, but…he couldn’t think of anything to say. Nothing that would make her feel any better. He continued to hesitate, before looking toward the ground.

“I…I’m sorry, Kiara…” Lance said quietly.
"J-J-Just l-leave me... a-alone...!!" Kiara exclaimed as Rory hugged her, the young hero crying into her beloved's uniform.

"Th-Thank you for the help, Lance, Rhongomyniad... She just needs some... t-time..." Rory murmured.

"J-J-Just l-leave me... a-alone...!!" Kiara exclaimed as Rory hugged her, the young hero crying into her beloved's uniform.

"Th-Thank you for the help, Lance, Rhongomyniad... She just needs some... t-time..." Rory murmured.
Lance said nothing for a moment, before slowly standing up, his gaze still not meeting Kiara or Rory's

"...I'll...take my leave...then." Lance said quietly. Turning away, he quietly moved into one of the nearby rooms, gently closing the door behind him.

"One day..." He said as he walked to go to train
Ythala watched as Jack left, before chuckling softly to herself.

"...Mind control...was that really all?" Ythala thought. She smiled, slowly summoning her harp in her hands.

"...I guess I didn't need to be so...afraid. He...didn't seem so bad." She thought. Softly, she began to strum her instrument, returning to her music.

Rhongomyniad flinched a little, closing her eyes and floating off back to where she came from, closing the door behind her and barely keeping her composure as she slumped down against it

Kiara by then simply continued crying into Rory, slowly crying herself to sleep as she slumped into the swordswoman.

"...God ******* damnit... damnit damnit damnit damnit..." Rory thought to herself, just leaning against the wall and slouching down with Kiara's still crying body in her arms, just looking up at the ceiling aimlessly.

"Maybe. If you prove capable." Cullthane responded, frowning
"...And here I thought you were teaching me just to pass the time." She said. She smiled, hovering above the alchemy station.

"...I'd love to continue our lessons after this, Cullthane. Though...I'll need some time after we return to the Dream World to...unwind a bit beforehand." Masayoshi said. She smiled softly to herself, remembering what David had promised her before they left.

"heh...I suppose your right, Cullthane." Masayoshi said, chuckling a bit. She leaned forward, staring with visible amazement as she saw him manipulate the station.

"...Will this help me with...water magic? Or will you teach me how to use this first..." Masayoshi said, her eyes widening as she saw the man do a particularly complicated maneuver on the device.

Jack walked through the rooms, wondering where Gabriel was, expanding his senses in an attempt to track down one of the angels (it may not necessarily be Gabriel) other than Ythala.
Gabriel was still in the desert pocket-dimension, continuing her meditation training. Unlike Masayoshi, Gabriel had nigh-mastered most of the basics of magic in most if not all of its forms, so she was well capable of training herself in whatever field she saw fit to train in, her focus clearly impressive beyond words.

Jack raised an eyebrow seeing Raviathon dashed past him, he walked slowly in this small dimension of pockets, some memories came to his mind, false stories made true by him and Griffin using Adam's power in them youths, allowed Griffin to open a gap to a world built by the stories that both read or wrote, therefore the control and creation of these realms ceased to surprise him a long time ago.

Gabriel didn't notice Jack or Raviathon, hell, she didn't seem to even notice that Terevion was even there at this point. Her mind was completely focused within her own mental space, and one would need to physically interact with her to pull her out.

Back