• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Okita chuckled, "Your not as different from a human than you'd think, Ythala... You can eat, breath, feel pain, cry, smile, all of it... You can do everything a human can and more, Ythala. Your truly special."
Ythala blushed, her face turning a light pink. Slowly, she moved forward, hugging Okita against her waist.

"A-alright, Okita..." Ythala said softly.

"...I...I think your special... too." She murmured. A small smile appeared on her face.

Meanwhile,

After a few minutes, David reached the Hyperion, stepping onto the ship.

"A..alright. I'll...I'll just ask her...what she thinks..." David murmured. Slowly he began to walk, moving from hallway to hallway as he navigated the ship. Eventually, he reached her room. The metal door was shut, yet he could hear the faint sounds of movement inside.

"...G-good. She's here..." He thought. Slowly, he knocked on the door.

"...Hey...honey. It's...It's me." he said.

Masayoshi was woken up from her thoughts as she heard David's voice. She breathed out, a small smile appearing on her face.

"...You don't need to be so formal, honey. It's your room too." She said, chuckling a bit.

David nodded, forcing himself to chuckle as he slowly opened the door.

"..Can we talk?" " He asked quietly.

Masayoshi, noticing David's somber tone, nodded. Gently, she scooted over on the bed, making room for him to sit.

"...Of course, honey...what's the matter?" She asked.

David slowly sat on the bed next to Masayoshi. Saying nothing for a few moments.

"...Do...you think I'm a bad husband, honey?" David asked. His voice was quiet, nearly a whisper.

Masayoshi hesitated, before shaking her head.

"Of course not, darling." Masayoshi said.

"...Even though...I break down so often...?" David said softly. He took a shaky breath, looking into her eyes.

"...David...I know it's been hard for you." She said quietly.

"...But we can deal with this, alright? And...you can come to me any time you need to..." She said softly.

David said nothing for a few moments. He thought hearing that would fill him with relief. Yet he felt...nothing. No hope, no happiness, no relief...

Nothing...

David breathed out for a moment, nodding. Slowly, he began to speak.

"…ya know…sometimes I think about…." David trailed off, shaking his head.

"…just…pumping my brain full of chemicals." David said quietly.

"…I could do it too. Just…flood my body with hormones…until I no longer feel sad. Until I can never. Feel. Sad." David murmured. He took a shaky breath, saying nothing for a few moments.

"David…." Masayoshi said quietly.

David continued to talk, as if he hadn't heard her.

"Wouldn't that be great? I-it would be just like the drugs Gabriel took. But…stronger. Much stronger. I'll always be happy. A-and I'll never breakdown again. I-I'll be the perfect husband!"

"H-hell…why don't I just remove that part of the brain entirely! I-I could do that! Just one small alteration and I'll never…ever have to be sad. Wouldn't that be great?!" David said.

"David!" Masayoshi said. Her tone was louder now, panicking as she tried to get a hold of him.

"… what's wrong, honey? Imagine it. The perfect David. T-then I could fully support you! I could finally help Kiara instead of breaking down with her. A-and and-"

A sudden burst of energy slammed into David's chest, sending him flying across the room before he could finish his sentence. He slammed against the wall, a look of surprise visible on his face. In front of him, Masayoshi stood, residual mana flickering from her outstretched palm.

"What the hell are you thinking David?!" Masayoshi shouted.

"…Do you think I want you to ruin your brain for me? Do you think Kiara wants that?!" Masayoshi said. Her calm demeanor was gone now, replaced by a mixture of anger and outright panic.

"Honey…I…" David began.

Masayoshi continued, not giving him a chance to speak.

"I never thought you were a bad husband David. Never. No matter how many times you cried. No matter how many times you broke down. Do you know why?" Masayoshi asked.

David remained silent, simply staring at her.

"Because I love you. Because I love who you are!" She shouted. She leaned back slightly, breathing heavily.

"Gosh…am I a bad wife? Is that why you think this way? Is that why you think I'd like it if you…turned yourself into some…drugged-up zombie?!" Masayoshi asked. Tears began to fall from her face, the drops falling onto her dress and seeping into its fabric.

"H-honey…n-no! You're…you're amazing! I'm… I'm doing this to…to help you…to…to help us!" David said. He gently gripped her arms moving closer to her.

"…Help us? HELP US?" Masayoshi shouted.

"David. I DON'T WANT THIS. I don't want you to pump yourself with chemicals every morning just to get through the day! If you're sad, FEEL SAD. Don't try to mask your feelings for my sake!" Masayoshi shouted.

"THEN WHAT ABOUT ME?" David shouted. He clutched his head in his hands, breathing heavily.

"I'm sick of this. Sick of this cycle! Sick of having to be talked down from a ******* bridge every ******* WEEK! Always breaking down. Always needing a pep talk. From Kiara. from Gabriel. From YOU. Why can't I be happy?!" David shouted.

"No one is saying you can't be happy David! But this isn't the way to go about it!" Masayoshi shouted. She leaned against the wall, her body trembling with emotion.

"...You can't...take shortcuts to happiness, David. I-I know it's tempting to take the easy route. I've done it before...but..." She trailed off, shaking her head.

"...You can work through this. Without drugs. Without chemicals. Just...you. Like you always have...."

"I…" Masayoshi trailed off.

"I just… don't want to lose you. David. N-not like this…" she said quietly.

David said nothing for a moment, taking several ragged breaths as he slumped against the opposite wall. His anger and frustration had evaporated, leaving him with nothing but a dull, empty despair.

"...I-it would be so...easy, Masayoshi." He said softly. He trembled, taking another shaky breath.

"David..." Masayoshi began. Her voice was soft, almost a whisper. Slowly, she floated towards him. Reaching a tender hand outward, she grabbed his palm.

David said nothing for a few moments. The anger and frustration within his body seemed to disappear as he stared at the floor.

"...I-I just..."

"....I just want to...be happy again.." David murmured.

Masayoshi gently reached an arm around him, pulling him into an embrace.

"...I know honey..." She said softly. Slowly, she moved a hand up to his head, gently stroking his hair.

"........" David said nothing for a long while. Slowly he leaned into Masayoshi, pressing his body against hers.

"...I did it again... didn't I?" David said softly.

"...I still love you, David." Masayoshi said quietly.

"...I-I… I'm sorry…" David murmured. His voice cracked, as tears slowly began to flow down his cheeks.

"… It's alright, honey." Masayoshi murmured. She adjusted herself, placing her head against his chest.

"......" David said nothing. Slowly, he wrapped his arms around her, resting his cheek against her head. They remained in that position for a long time, gently embracing until the mission began.

"I-its hard... Gabriel... I don't know... how I can really trust myself... I've ****** up so much..." Shalor murmured, her breathing becoming even more shaky
"How have you ****** up, Shalor...?" Gabriel asked, "What are you talking about...?"
Ythala blushed, her face turning a light pink. Slowly, she moved forward, hugging Okita against her waist.

"A-alright, Okita..." Ythala said softly.

"...I...I think your special... too." She murmured. A small smile appeared on her face.
"Heh, I'm not special, Ythala..." Okita murmured, "All I've done in life is something any normal human could do with enough effort."

"Heh, I'm not special, Ythala..." Okita murmured, "All I've done in life is something any normal human could do with enough effort."
“T-that doesn’t make it any less…amazing…” Ythala murmured.

“T-the way you move…the way you dance. It’s…” Ythala trailed off.

“beautiful…”

“I…I…don’t care if other humans can do it. Y-your the women I love…” she said softly.

“beautiful…”

“I…I…don’t care if other humans can do it. Y-your the women I love…” she said softly.
"Just remember to secure a place and make it safe if you ever have children." Cullthane said, his voice almost amused

"I... I've done so much wrong... it's too much to list..." Shalor murmured, her voice cracking a bit
"Shalor, there's nothing wrong you could've done." Gabriel said, her voice now serious and completely focused on him. "Why do you feel that you've done something wrong? Come on, talk to me, please..."

“beautiful…”

"Is that so...?" Okita asked, "Can I ask you a... question, Ythala? Forgive me if it sounds rude but I've been curious about it all this time..." She said, blushing a bit at Cullthane's words.

"Shalor, there's nothing wrong you could've done." Gabriel said, her voice now serious and completely focused on him. "Why do you feel that you've done something wrong? Come on, talk to me, please..."

"Is that so...?" Okita asked, "Can I ask you a... question, Ythala? Forgive me if it sounds rude but I've been curious about it all this time..." She said, blushing a bit at Cullthane's words.
"I... my actions have caused... so much suffering... I could've... I should've seen the signs... l-let alone the..." Shalor murmured to Gabriel, beginning to tremble

"Just remember to secure a place and make it safe if you ever have children." Cullthane said, his voice almost amused
"...W-we aren't planning...anything like that, Cullthane..." Ythala murmured, her blush intensifying.

O-of course!" Ythala said. Slowly she flapped her wings, flying up until she was at eye level with Okita.

O-of course!" Ythala said. Slowly she flapped her wings, flying up until she was at eye level with Okita.
"Am I... the first person you've loved?" Okita asked, her gaze moving down a bit.

"What I mean is... Because of how long you've lived... do you just... go from lover to lover? Did they... really... mean anything to you?" Okita asked, "I'm... sorry if this is rude, but... is... is this anything different than anything else you've experienced? Have you said the same things you've said to me... before...?"

"Am I... the first person you've loved?" Okita asked, her gaze moving down a bit.

"What I mean is... Because of how long you've lived... do you just... go from lover to lover? Did they... really... mean anything to you?" Okita asked, "I'm... sorry if this is rude, but... is... is this anything different than anything else you've experienced? Have you said the same things you've said to me... before...?"
Ythala froze. Simply hovering in the air for a moment. Visible hesitation on her face.

"...Y-yes. I-I have loved before...Okita....W-with...many other angels...and many other beings..." Ythala said softly. She said nothing for a moment, shaking her head.

"...T-the way some angels...especially angels of...my masters...felt about love was...d-different then h-how...humans t-treat it. It was...much more...." She trailed off.

"...O-open." She murmured.

"...B..But..." She trailed off.

"...With you...it's...different. I...I feel..." She trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"...With you...I feel like...I don't...need any other lovers. That..."

"...I can give you...all my love. And be...happy. F-forever..." She said softly.

Ythala froze. Simply hovering in the air for a moment. Visible hesitation on her face.

"...Y-yes. I-I have loved before...Okita....W-with...many other angels...and many other beings..." Ythala said softly. She said nothing for a moment, shaking her head.

"...T-the way some angels...especially angels of...my masters...felt about love was...d-different then h-how...humans t-treat it. It was...much more...." She trailed off.

"...O-open." She murmured.

"...B..But..." She trailed off.

"...With you...it's...different. I...I feel..." She trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"...With you...I feel like...I don't...need any other lovers. That..."

"...I can give you...all my love. And be...happy. F-forever..." She said softly.
"That wasn't what I asked, Ythala..." Okita murmured.

"Open relationships such as that aren't uncommon in many cultures I know... I'm well aware of them... What I'm asking is... am I special to you? If I was just another one of those beings or Angels, would you still feel the same way you do...?" Okita asked, "Am I just... another lover? Someone that you can just replace with another...??"

"That wasn't what I asked, Ythala..." Okita murmured.

"Open relationships such as that aren't uncommon in many cultures I know... I'm well aware of them... What I'm asking is... am I special to you? If I was just another one of those beings or Angels, would you still feel the same way you do...?" Okita asked, "Am I just... another lover? Someone that you can just replace with another...??"
Ythala hesitated. Slowly, she breathed out.

"...I....knew when you first...danced to my music, that you were different..." Ythala said softly.

"...I've played my music...for all my lovers. Every one of them...has heard my songs."

"...But...you were the only one...who danced like that. So...perfectly. So...beautifully. So..." Ythala trailed off...a small blush appearing on her face.

"...It was like...my heart...connected with you. Like...you were a piece...of myself...that...I d-didn't know I was...missing." She said softly.

Kiara waved goodbye to David and entered the Hyperion, moving down a different hallway than he did since their rooms were on pretty much opposite sides of the Hyperion. She slowly moved through the walls, a small bead of sweat running down her face and falling onto the floor. She breathed out as she reached the door, raising her hand to knock on it, but hesitating.

She could hear the heavy, labored breaths that Rory often released when training. She could hear the sound of her blade cutting through the air, the sound of her muscles violently clenching each time she swung it...

"...Everything will be fine, Kiara." Kiara thought to herself, gently trembling as she knocked on the door.

"Whose there?" Rory called out, clearly still swinging her sword as she answered the door, evident by the continuation of her labored breaths.

"It's me, babe." Kiara said, "Can I come in?"

"Why are you even asking, honey? Of course you can." Rory said, her voice laced with cheerfulness at realizing Kiara was there. Kiara smiled, opening the door and entering.

Rory ceased her training, turning to Kiara with a smile. She dissipated her sword and grabbed her military uniform and metal gloves from the bed, wiping the sweat from her brow with the sleeve of the uniform. She swiftly put on her clothes and then slipped on the uniform, her metal heels clicking against the floor as she walked up to hug Kiara.

Kiara smiled, almost on instinct. She couldn't help it as she returned the hug. Even if the question she would soon ask was... not the best, she couldn't help but relish the moment of being with Rory.

"You really are my White Sun..." Kiara thought, gripping Rory even tighter. She didn't want to let go of her ever again. If possible, she'd be content just staying like this with her forever and ever...

Rory's hug tightened around Kiara as well, the swordswoman's smile widening. It was clear that Rory shared the same thought. If possible, she'd be just fine with just staying in Kiara's arms for the rest of time, feeling her warmth...

"My Supernova..." Rory murmured out loud, causing Kiara to blush.

"Wh-What was that?" Kiara asked.

"N-Nothing!" Rory said, blushing as well and pulling away from the hug.

Kiara chuckled a bit before moving to sit on the bed, loosening her shirt a bit. She scooted over, patting down a spot for Rory to sit. Rory smiled and went over to sit gladly, turning to lean against Kiara.

Kiara breathed out, "Alright, Kiara... Just ask her the question..."

"H-Hey, Rory...?" Kiara said, "Can I... ask you something...?"

"Of course, honey. What's up?" Rory responded, sitting up and turning to Kiara.

"D-Do... D-Do you..." Kiara choked on her own words a bit, breathing erratically.

"Kiara...? Is something wrong...?" Rory asked, gently placing her cold, steel-coated hand on Kiara's cheek.

"Do... you..." Kiara heaved out the question, "Do... Do you love me...? Do you think I'm a good wife...?"

Rory's eyes widened as she removed her hand from Kiara's cheek. "Kiara..."

"I mean... I... I never really... asked what you found... appealing about me... Do you-"

Kiara could feel Rory's cold, steel-covered hand run across her face in a swift, hard SLAP! It sent her off the bed, her eyes widening.

"Wh-What was that for...!?" Kiara exclaimed, her cheek red due to Rory's slap as she spat out some blood.

"...Kiara..." Rory stomped over to Kiara, kneeling down to her.

"I-Is that it!? Do you just not love me in the first place...!?! I-I-I-I knew it...!" Kiara exclaimed, getting up and moving to the door.

"Kiara...!" Rory shot up and grabbed Kiara by the wrist.

"Wh-What-!?" Kiara was cut off.

She was cut off by Rory pulling the woman into herself and kissing her.

Kiara let out a surprised, muffled yelp as Rory did this, trying to break away. She didn't want this... No, she did, but she felt as though she didn't deserve it. Of course, Rory didn't love her in the first place... Of course that was the case...

"Why does this... kiss... feel... so... g-good..." Kiara thought to herself, her resistance slowly melting away as she could feel her knees becoming weak at Rory's touch. Rory pushed Kiara into the wall, their chests passionately pressing together. No matter how much she tried to resist, her tension just melted away and she continued to kiss Rory, unable to... To resist.

"Kiara..." Rory finally pulled away from the kiss after what seemed like forever, staring into her eyes. Kiara flinched, unable to move under Rory's gaze. Her cold, piercing crimson gaze that was mixed with a tint of black, and deep blue... It pierced into her very soul, but in a good way.

"I will never, ever not love you." Rory said in a serious tone, causing Kiara's eyes to widen.

"I... I..." Kiara stuttered, shivering a bit.

"You want to know what I find appealing about you, Kiara?" Rory asked, "I think your passionate."

Kiara's eyes froze.

"And your determined, and your optimistic, and your receptive to criticism, you love to meet new people and your incredibly open to new things..." Rory kept going, "Your always open to talk to anybody who needs it, you care about your friends more than you do yourself, and when someone you care about is hurt your emotional and genuinely angry... It's such a genuine rage... And it rings out like an explosion..."

And then Kiara's entire body froze.

"Your voice can be silky, smooth like music composed by a master musician... And yet it can rise, booming like a brilliant explosion... Your hair is rough, but glistens in light, and it's soft, like a pillow... Your skin is fine to the touch, like you could use it as a blanket... Your eyes shine a brilliant crimson, almost like a rose... Whenever I look into them I get absorbed in their beauty..."

She began trembling..

"You can hug softly, gently... But you can also hug with fiery, burning passion whenever you want to motivate someone... And even when you lose at something, you never get discouraged..."

And tears began flowing down her face...

"Kiara... Your like a supernova... No, a Big Bang that lights up everything around you in a radiant light... And that light never stops shining, in fact, whenever I look at you, it only grows bigger, and more brilliant each moment... It grows warmer, eclipsing everything around you, but for me, it makes me feel as though I have no reason to be afraid..."

Had Rory not started holding her up, she would've fallen to her knees.

"Like a Hero is watching over me... Always pulling me from the darkness... And embracing me in a calm, gentle light..."

"R-Rory, I..."

Rory cut her off, "Kiara, you are my Rising Sun... My Radiant Supernova... My Big Bang... My everything..."

"Y-Your my everything to, Rory..." Kiara said, breathing out erratically, beginning to hyperventilate as she cried.

"Your my White Sun... I-... I couldn't live without you, Rory..." She heaved out, wrapping Rory in a vice-like hug with all of her might into it. "...Please don't leave me... please don't leave me.... Please Please Please..."

"I'll never leave you, Kiara... We'll be together... forever..." Rory said, returning Kiara's hug with all her might.

Rory let Kiara cry into her uniform, just gently running her hand through the hero's soft, but messy hair. Kiara kept crying, her legs going limp to the point she couldn't even stand. Rory just let her get it out...

"I love you..."

They both heaved out simultaneously...
Ythala hesitated. Slowly, she breathed out.

"...I....knew when you first...danced to my music, that you were different..." Ythala said softly.

"...I've played my music...for all my lovers. Every one of them...has heard my songs."

"...But...you were the only one...who danced like that. So...perfectly. So...beautifully. So..." Ythala trailed off...a small blush appearing on her face.

"...It was like...my heart...connected with you. Like...you were a piece...of myself...that...I d-didn't know I was...missing." She said softly.
Okita breathed out, shaking her head. "Alright, Ythala... Forgive me for... asking something so foolish..." She heaved out, pushing that tiny glint of doubt to the back of her mind.

Okita breathed out, shaking her head. "Alright, Ythala... Forgive me for... asking something so foolish..." She heaved out, pushing that tiny glint of doubt to the back of her mind.
Ythala flashed her a small smile.

"...Y-you can ask me...anything...Okita..." She said softly. Slowly she flapped her wings, flying above Okita before gently sitting on her shoulder.

Ythala flashed her a small smile.

"...Y-you can ask me...anything...Okita..." She said softly. Slowly she flapped her wings, flying above Okita before gently sitting on her shoulder.
"Alright, Ythala..." Okita said, nodding and standing up. "I think it's... time I go."
"I... I'm sorry Gabriel..." Shalor murmured, trying not to break down in the connection by talking about it
Gabriel breathed out, "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, Shalor..."

"I... I... how can I even not **** up... even in our sessions I've ****** up..." Shalor murmured, breaking down a little
"Shalor... There is no possible way you could've messed up to the point anybody would hold it against you. Belial loves you and I'm sure that hasn't changed... Please, just tell me what's happened..." Gabriel heaved out, her tone becoming a bit more serious.

"Just... everything...!" Shalor exclaimed
"Shalor..." Gabriel heaved out once more, "There is nothing you could've possibly ****** up on. Okay? I want you to try and believe that. I want you to talk to Belial about this more often, and I want you to work it out together, okay?" She said seriously, "I want to help you, but, to start on that, help yourself... You need to have the confidence to be able to confront your problems... not alone, but, you need to confront them."
"...." Ythala said nothing for a few moments. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around Okita, hugging her tightly.

"...I...I understand..." Ythala said softly. She trembled slightly, her wings fluttering anxiously on her back.

"...P-please...be careful."
"...Alright, Ythala." Okita said, breathing out as she waved goodbye and left to the Hyperion.

"Shalor..." Gabriel heaved out once more, "There is nothing you could've possibly ****** up on. Okay? I want you to try and believe that. I want you to talk to Belial about this more often, and I want you to work it out together, okay?" She said seriously, "I want to help you, but, to start on that, help yourself... You need to have the confidence to be able to confront your problems... not alone, but, you need to confront them."

"...Alright, Ythala." Okita said, breathing out as she waved goodbye and left to the Hyperion.
"I... I've been trying...!" Shalor wailed to Gabriel

Ythala hesitated for a moment, before flying after Okita. Quickly, she moved next to the woman. Her eyes were full of worry.

“Okita…” Ythala said. She said nothing for a moment, slowly floating to the ground.

“I…I want to give you something…” She said softly.

Ythala hesitated for a moment, before flying after Okita. Quickly, she moved next to the woman. Her eyes were full of worry.

“Okita…” Ythala said. She said nothing for a moment, slowly floating to the ground.

“I…I want to give you something…” She said softly.
Okita turned to Ythala as she was walking away, stopping her tracks.

"And that is...?"
"I have talked to Belial about it... I just... I dont know..." Shalor murmured, sounding defeated and desperate
"But do you actually believe anything he's saying, Shalor...?" Gabriel asked, "I know the only things he must be saying must be positive affirmations... but do you actually believe him?"

"And that is...?"

"But do you actually believe anything he's saying, Shalor...?" Gabriel asked, "I know the only things he must be saying must be positive affirmations... but do you actually believe him?"
"I've been trying to convince myself of it..." Shalor murmured honestly with an extremely shaky voice

"And that is...?"
Ythala nodded, slowly, she extended her wings, the pink feathers flowing softly in the wind. Reaching over, she slowly plucked a few from her wings. She winced slightly, but kept going.

“…I-I know that…t-this is stressful…so…” Ythala said softly. She bent her feathers, twisting the ends together to form a circle. She smoothed the feathers out, making sure the binding was sturdy, before looking back at her.

“I…want to give you this.” She said. She handed the feather bracelet to Ythala, a sad smile on her face.

“…My…wings are…special. T-they can…calm people a bit…just by touching them. It’s not much…b-but…I wanted to help you.”

Back