• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Alright, Ytha-" As Okita was about to speak, they were cut off by someone knocking on their door.

"Hello? It's me, Tokugawa... I think it's about time we get ready to leave." Tokugawa said, his voice soft, and a bit hoarse, even.
"O-oh!" Ythala said. Slowly she sat up, still sitting nearly on top of Okita as she stared at the door. Slowly, she looked up at her.

"A-are you ready...?" She murmured. Her voice sounded almost fearful. Gently, she wrapped an around Okita, clinging to her tightly.

Meanwhile.

David's eyes fluttered. Slowly, he sat up on the bed, taking shallow breaths. His hair was strewn haphazardly around him, partly obscuring his face.

Masayoshi looked at David for a moment. Slowly, she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Feeling better…?" She asked.

David slowly looked up at her. He breathed out, pushing some of the hair away from his eyes.

"…We should head out…" David said quietly, his body trembling slightly.

"I bet…the kid will want to start his training soon…" He finished. He had either ignored the question or had been too lost to hear it. Both of which sent a pang of sadness through Masayoshi's chest. She stared at the man for a few moments, wrapping him in a gentle hug.

"…alright honey." She murmured. She gripped his arm, slowly helping him to his feet. Together, they walked out of the door, David leaning on Masayoshi as they walked through the ship.

Meanwhile. A duplicate of Masayoshi was…training. She had gone into an abandoned room on the ship, closing and sealing the door behind her. Masayoshi floated in the air, magic radiating from her body. Surrounded her were complex shapes. Geometric structures made entirely of magic. They constantly shifted and changed, growing bigger and more complex as she continued to meditate. The structure themselves suddenly vanished, being replaced with a mass of dark, writhing tentacles. They floated in the air, lashing out wildly, their arms carrying enough force to smash through flesh and bone. As soon as they appeared however…they vanished. The masses of darkness replaced with abnormally bright balls of light, the blinding glare bleaching the entire room a stark white color.

Below her laid a small flower. The bud bloomed with life as she meditated over it. Suddenly, the plant shifted. Like the shapes, it was becoming more elaborate, the flower sprouting various smaller flowers onto it. The flower suddenly changed entirely, becoming a rose covered in thorns. Before the thorns themselves began to change, the protrusion suddenly jutting outward, the razor-sharp thorns completely piercing into the ship's steel walls. Yet even those didn't remain, the holes left by the thorns being repaired instantly, as If they had never been damaged.

She would repeat this exercise without rest, constantly honing her magic, constantly cycling through new spells and possibilities.

Her eyes were hard, tears rapidly drying on her face as she continued to meditate. Her breathing was labored, yet even. Sweat rang along her head and arms, occasionally dripping onto the floor below.

"I'm…Weak." She thought. The thought hammered into her mind as she continued her tireless pursuit.

"…too weak to stop Adam. Too weak to stop that monster. Too weak to protect…"

"…Him." She thought. Anger rose in her throat. These dimensions, these hellish worlds that continued to destroy their minds and bodies. She needed to find a way out. Needed the strength to force whoever was behind this to end this nightmare. Her anger reached a boiling point, the entire room alighting with an intense inferno of fire and brimstone.

"They'll pay…" she muttered, bloodlust slowly slipping into her voice. Whoever did this, whether they were Adam or some other person, she'd find them.

And she'd rip them apart until there was nothing left.

Unlike the others, Jack was doing simple things, more specifically reading a book with Omega, the sword was so interested in the book that when Jack turned a page and she hadn't finished, she "asked" him to do back with some electric shocks, Jack just smiled, their weapons are taking this in stride like any reasonable person, they were technically Adam's children after all, being used against their creator should be more devastating to someone, but in reality they were taking it well.

"O-oh!" Ythala said. Slowly she sat up, still sitting nearly on top of Okita as she stared at the door. Slowly, she looked up at her.

"A-are you ready...?" She murmured. Her voice sounded almost fearful. Gently, she wrapped an around Okita, clinging to her tightly.
"No... No, I'm not ready, Ythala..." Okita said bluntly, breathing out.

"But I can't back down. I need to defeat Akaza. And then I'll defeat Adam..." No, she wouldn't just defeat him. She would tear him limb with her bare hands, tear out his insides, crush him into nothing, whatever it was. It was clear and apparent... She would stop at nothing until Adam had been completely and thoroughly destroyed.

Gabriel continued to read through the Lores of Magic that Cullthane had provided to her, diligently observing their contents. While she did so, she'd weave strings of magic around herself, a basic practice at first glance. But then, she would begin to weave these threads, slowly, diligently, as if she was an artisan crafting a sculpture... She continued to weave the strings of magic, beginning to form the magic circle. It took her a few minutes, but, eventually, she was able to weave these threads of mana into a magic circle.

Gabriel breathed out.

"Galaxy Collapse..."

Suddenly, the magic compressed into her hand. It was an almost instantaneous process, but, if someone skilled was watching, they would be able to see the rapid expansion of the magic circle before it had compressed. In that very instant, the already complex patterns and runes of the magical circle Gabriel had formed, which was purple in color, expanded throughout the room. The effect could be considered akin to the Auroras of the North, the magical power expanding rapidly, and flowing smoothly like a river, and then compressing into a single point at rapid speeds. In that instant that the magic expanded and compressed itself, the space around Gabriel was heavy, and had it been released beyond that instant, it wouldn't torn up the room.

But suddenly, the compressed magic expanded once more, this time, the mana turning golden to signify that she was performing light magic. Instead of becoming an Aurora, it instead split into multiple magic circles, all lined up in erratic angles, or well, it seemed as if the angles were planned. Gabriel breathed out once more, a beam of sweat rolling down her face.

"Heavenly Punishment..."

The magic circles began to fire thin beams of light into each other rapidly, the beams then being shot back and forth, the circles then shifting position rapidly around Gabriel as they continued firing, the girl beginning to sweat even more as the speed at which the circles fired continued to increase rapidly, and as that happened, so did the shift of the patterns, a pool of sweat forming under her. As the beams fired, she would manipulate their direction mid-air, forming various shapes from them. She formed a crane, a lotus flower, something that seemed akin to a castle, and then she formed the ring that Belial had given her...

Then she formed an image of Belial. Or at least, an image of what she last saw him as. She didn't know what he looked like now, or how he was doing.

"...." She dissipated all of her magic, allowing it to fade as she exited the room. She knew it was probably about time that Tokugawa would want to start the training. Despite his affiliation with Adam, she felt bad for the boy... He didn't do any of the things he did of his own will. He wanted to change. To Gabriel, that was the best effort he could've made... Like David was making.

"Ugh..." Gabriel sniffled a bit, before wiping her eyes, doing her best not to cry. "Damnit, Gabriel... Don't think of that stuff..." She said before leaving the room.

Rory swung her sword tirelessly, blood dripping from her hands, like usual. It was a simple process she'd repeated her entire life. She swung her sword, and sharpened her skills constantly. She toiled over this one, simple task. Swinging a blade. She shed blood, sweat, and tears over that one task. She'd devoted everything she had to it, endured great pain for it, and thought that maybe she was one of the "strong ones".

"Damnit..." She sighed, dropping her sword as she turned to Kiara who was diligently going through her workouts as usual. She smiled, fawning over the woman... She could never get over how beautiful she was, nor could she ever get over how easy she was to hurt... Mentally, anyway.

She could never get over how easy it was to hurt other people mentally. How easy it was to break their trust, or to let them down.

"Honey, are you alright?" As Rory was in her trance, Kiara had already gotten up, standing next to Rory, not noticing that Kiara had moved.

"E-Eep!" Rory let out a high-pitched yelp, jumping back a bit as Kiara chuckled.

"You know, I love it when you make girly sounds like that, Rory..." Kiara said with a chuckle as Rory shook her head.

"Yeah yeah... Keep laughing...!" Rory said, going over to Kiara as Kiara looked down and noticed that Rory had completely torn through her metal gloves with how hard she was training, evident by the blood that was dripping from her hands and arms.

"Your training a lot harder than usual, Rory." Kiara said, "Not like it's unusual to see you train hard, but it has been a while since I've seen you go that hard."

"Well, I've gotta get stronger somehow... There are still so many people stronger than me out there... Like Imperius or Akaza..." Rory murmured, her hands beginning to naturally heal within a few moments.

"Well, I guess that's true! I probably shouldn't be to worried, was just curious." Kiara said, smiling as she kissed Rory on the cheek.

Rory smiled at this as Kiara turned to the door, "Cmon, babe! I'm pretty sure Tokugawa wants us right about now." Kiara said.

Rory nodded, "Alright, Kiara-" Rory flinched a bit.

"Rory? Is something wrong?" Kiara asked, turning to Rory almost immediately.

"I..." She wanted to ask her. Do you hate me, Kiara? She wanted to ask. Do you think I'll be a good mother? She wanted to ask. Am I a good person?... Am I strong enough...? Do you think I can protect you?-

Kiara hugged Rory tightly, so quickly as well, as if it was instinctual.

"Kiara, I-" Kiara cut Rory off before she could say anything.

"Don't talk... We don't have the time. I just know that your hurting, Rory... So just... let it all out." Kiara said, continuing to hug Rory.

Rory breathed out, shaking her head. "No... No No..." She said, before gently pushing Kiara away. "Your right... We need to move quickly. We have to beat Akaza..."

Kiara nodded silently. "...Alright, Rory. You can talk to me whenever you need to, alright?" Kiara said, smiling softly at her lover.

Rory would nod back, grasping Kiara's hand, and in turn, Kiara grasped back.

"Alright, Kiara... Thank you... I love you so much..." Rory said, her eyes watering up a bit, a sign she was about to cry, but no, she held it back and shook her head as they both began to walk out of the room.

"I love you to, Rory..." Kiara said back, leaning into Rory a bit, just to feel closer to her as they walked, which Rory gladly accepted.

They were both... happy. Together. For now, at least. It seemed like that. It was obvious that both of them were going through things that they wouldn't tell the other. That they were suffering internally... And neither of them could fix the other completely. But so long as they were together, and they were alive, they could start something new. A child, a life, a family. Just the lingering thought, the lingering possibility, the lingering hope, it allowed both of them to move on.

Together.

Kinzer woke up next to Rhongomyniad, rubbing his head as he turned to see if she was still there. "Ugh..." He rubbed the bridge of his nose, having a minor migraine as he sighed.

Metatron waited at the center of the ship for the rest of the cast, his arms crossed as he leaned against the wall while flying.

"No... No, I'm not ready, Ythala..." Okita said bluntly, breathing out.

"But I can't back down. I need to defeat Akaza. And then I'll defeat Adam..." No, she wouldn't just defeat him. She would tear him limb with her bare hands, tear out his insides, crush him into nothing, whatever it was. It was clear and apparent... She would stop at nothing until Adam had been completely and thoroughly destroyed.
Ythala stared up at Okita, her breath catching in her throat. The idea of no longer having to fear Adam.. It filled her with a sense of hope she hadn't felt in a long time. She knew it was dangerous, knew it couldn't be resolved peacefully...yet...she couldn't help but feel comforted by Okita's words. As if everything would be ok as long as she was with her. Slowly, she moved upward, floating beside Okita.

"...please..." Ythala said quietly. She stared down at the ground, gripping Okita's shoulder.

"...please...s-stop him...".

David and Masayoshi reached the ship's center, David wordlessly leaning against the wall as he waited for everyone to arrive. He had moved his hand, wrapping it around Masayoshi's waist as he stared at the ground. Masayoshi gently clasped David's hand, flashing him a small, encouraging smile as they stood together.

Rhongomyniad twitched, visibly wincing and breathing heavily, and clearly having done this for much of the time she'd slept

Terevion was walking towards Gabriel's room to pick her up before encountering her "So, how did the lores go?" Terevion asked

Yharon was already in the room before everyone else, albeit in a hidden compartment

Imperius made his way over and stood at the edge, waiting to go down

Raviathon stumbled into the room, shaking herself before leaning against a wall, clearly not thinking of the best things

Cullthane wasn't anywhere to be found, but it was more than likely he was just invisible and watching, like he was.

Ythala stared up at Okita, her breath catching in her throat. The idea of no longer having to fear Adam.. It filled her with a sense of hope she hadn't felt in a long time. She knew it was dangerous, knew it couldn't be resolved peacefully...yet...she couldn't help but feel comforted by Okita's words. As if everything would be ok as long as she was with her. Slowly, she moved upward, floating beside Okita.

"...please..." Ythala said quietly. She stared down at the ground, gripping Okita's shoulder.

"...please...s-stop him...".
"I will, Ythala... I will..." Okita said, hugging Ythala softly, gently running her hand through Ythala's hair.

Meanwhile, Rory and Kiara entered the center of the ship, both smiling softly at each other, seeming as if they didn't even notice that anybody else was there as they looked at each other.
Rhongomyniad twitched, visibly wincing and breathing heavily, and clearly having done this for much of the time she'd slept
"Come on, let's get up..." Kinzer said, grabbing her hand in an attempt to pull her up with him.
Terevion was walking towards Gabriel's room to pick her up before encountering her "So, how did the lores go?" Terevion asked
"They went well..." Gabriel said with a smile, her wings gently fluttering as she began to move.

"I will, Ythala... I will..." Okita said, hugging Ythala softly, gently running her hand through Ythala's hair.

Meanwhile, Rory and Kiara entered the center of the ship, both smiling softly at each other, seeming as if they didn't even notice that anybody else was there as they looked at each other.

"Come on, let's get up..." Kinzer said, grabbing her hand in an attempt to pull her up with him.

"They went well..." Gabriel said with a smile, her wings gently fluttering as she began to move.
Rhongomyniad practically jumped, coming up swinging and would clock Kinzer in the shoulder if he didn't dodge immediately

"Good... I can tell somethings wrong besides the obvious... if you feel like you should, you should talk to Tokugawa." Terevion said genuinely as he stayed next to her

Rhongomyniad practically jumped, coming up swinging and would clock Kinzer in the shoulder if he didn't dodge immediately

"Good... I can tell somethings wrong besides the obvious... if you feel like you should, you should talk to Tokugawa." Terevion said genuinely as he stayed next to her
Kinzer did indeed dodge, letting go of her hand as he did so. "...Rough night, I assume?"

"Uh huh..." Gabriel grumbled, shaking her head as she went into child form, a form she found more comfortable, and thus, easier to relax in as her wings fluttered once more as both her and Terevion reached the center of the ship.

Kinzer did indeed dodge, letting go of her hand as he did so. "...Rough night, I assume?"

"Uh huh..." Gabriel grumbled, shaking her head as she went into child form, a form she found more comfortable, and thus, easier to relax in as her wings fluttered once more as both her and Terevion reached the center of the ship.
"Y-yeah...! Don't wake me up like that..." Rhongomyniad said, breathing heavily as she slumped down onto the bed

So shaky shake little little timeskip yada yada cookies and cream bing bong time is meaningless.

Tokugawa met with everyone who was coming in the center of the ship, bowing courteously. "I assume you all had a good rest...? Or... whatever you did..."

Okita was silent, turning away from Tokugawa.

"Yeah... Yeah I think we're doing fine...!" Kiara said with a smile as Rory remained silent, nodding her head, though, it was clear Kiara was strained from talking to Tokugawa in such a friendly manner...

"I'm fine." Gabriel said, her wings gently fluttering.

"Meh." Kinzer said, shrugging.

Metatron was silent. Completely.

David said nothing. Simply staring at the boy as he waited for him to continue. His gaze shifted slightly, glancing at Okita for a few moments before looking away, his eyes focused on the ground.

Masayoshi flashed a small, forced smile, before nodding.

Ythala leaned in closer to Okita, unsure how to treat the boy after everything that happened. She said nothing, simply looking away from him.

Lance who had walked in last, nodded. Having spent most of the time simply practicing the workouts that Metatron and David had taught him.

Tokugawa sighed, "Yes, I believe we should get started..." He said, turning to Gabriel and walking over to her, breathing out in relief that he could talk to her without looking up to her due to her height in Child Form.

"Your ring." Tokugawa said.

"My... ring?" Gabriel asked, tilting her head as she looked down at her ring. "What about it...?"

"It has... many, many people within it." Tokugawa said, flinching slightly as he glanced at the ring. "...I don't exactly... know what they are, though..."

"Are you talking about Shadow Soldiers...?" Gabriel asked, still seemingly confused.

"Yes! That is what they are called! They feel very similar to myself... In terms of... darkness. If that makes sense. Please summon them." Tokugawa asked, "I could sense them before and I recognize some people that may be able to help you grow in strength... But I cannot call them myself, obviously."

"...Summon them?" Gabriel asked, scratching her head.

Tokugawa sighed, "Yes, I believe we should get started..." He said, turning to Gabriel and walking over to her, breathing out in relief that he could talk to her without looking up to her due to her height in Child Form.

"Your ring." Tokugawa said.

"My... ring?" Gabriel asked, tilting her head as she looked down at her ring. "What about it...?"

"It has... many, many people within it." Tokugawa said, flinching slightly as he glanced at the ring. "...I don't exactly... know what they are, though..."

"Are you talking about Shadow Soldiers...?" Gabriel asked, still seemingly confused.

"Yes! That is what they are called! They feel very similar to myself... In terms of... darkness. If that makes sense. Please summon them." Tokugawa asked, "I could sense them before and I recognize some people that may be able to help you grow in strength... But I cannot call them myself, obviously."

"...Summon them?" Gabriel asked, scratching her head.
"Yes, summon them." Enkidu said, a chain slowly coming out of the ring

"Belial's overprotectiveness pays off I see." Yharon commented as Raviathon stared in surprise at the ring

David said nothing. Simply staring at the boy as he waited for him to continue. His gaze shifted slightly, glancing at Okita for a few moments before looking away, his eyes focused on the ground.

Masayoshi flashed a small, forced smile, before nodding.

Ythala leaned in closer to Okita, unsure how to treat the boy after everything that happened. She said nothing, simply looking away from him.

Lance who had walked in last, nodded. Having spent most of the time simply practicing the workouts that Metatron and David had taught him.
(Poke.)
Jack just watched and listened Tokugawa
(Poke.)

Okita clung to Ythala as well, more so to help comfort her. "It'll be fine, Ythala..." Okita said, glaring at Jack as Metatron sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he glanced at Jack as well.

Gabriel nodded, breathing out once more. "Alright... How do I do this...? No idea... I think I remember Belial saying something whenever he summoned them... Something like... Arise...?" Gabriel thought.

"Uh... Arise." Gabriel said, nothing happening.

"I uh... Arise." Gabriel said once more, nothing happening again.

"How the hell do I get this thing to work...!?!" She shouted in frustratration.

Okita clung to Ythala as well, more so to help comfort her. "It'll be fine, Ythala..." Okita said, glaring at Jack as Metatron sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he glanced at Jack as well.

Gabriel nodded, breathing out once more. "Alright... How do I do this...? No idea... I think I remember Belial saying something whenever he summoned them... Something like... Arise...?" Gabriel thought.

"Uh... Arise." Gabriel said, nothing happening.

"I uh... Arise." Gabriel said once more, nothing happening again.

"How the hell do I get this thing to work...!?!" She shouted in frustratration.
"A-alright..." She murmured. She was still visibly anxious, yet her squirming slowed as she felt Okita's touch.

Masayoshi looked at the ring.

"...Perhaps you could contact them like you contact Shalor? Is there any...unique action you take to call upon him?

"No, not really... our connection is telepathic so all I really have to do is thi-"

Suddenly, black and purple energy violently erupted from the ring, causing the ground beneath them to begin violently shaking as Gabriel fell to her knees, clearly in immense pain as she immediately began writhing on the floor from the immense dark power chaotically shooting from the ring.

"Oh shit-" Metatron immediately began sweating, his feet touching the ground.

Enkidu crouched down and began making sure the energies didn't affect Gabriel more, he was shockingly calm about this, probably because he held them for so long.

Yharon readied himself for combat if needed, Rhongomyniad immediately began trying to ease Gabriel's pain and absorb it into herself, Cullthane readied to expel the energy, Imperius seemed irritated on-sight of it, and Raviathon began visibly panicking as she tried to figure out what to do

Ythala let out a frightened squeak, looking at the scene in horror. She trembled, her entire body alight with terror. Seeing the dark energy and Gabriel's reaction to it nearly sent her into a panic attack.

"...G-Gabriel..." Ythala murmured. She was terrified, terrified that whatever this darkness was would kill the angel.

David blinked, his eyes widening as Gabriel fell to her knees. Immediately, he rushed forward, leaning down next to the woman.

"...Stay strong Gabriel. We've...we've got ya back, alright?" He said quietly.

"We need to get her off the ship!" Metatron shouted.

"What the hell is going on...!?" Rory asked as Kiara moved to Gabriel, kneeling down next to David with a look of acute worry on her face.

"******* hell... What's with all this... energy...?" Kinzer asked, backing up in confusion.

"She's summoning... to many at once..." Tokugawa murmured as he seemed not bothered by the erupting darkness, in fact, he seemed rather calmed by it.

Okita gripped her sword, clearly extremely on guard as she breathed heavily, being reminded of the darkness she felt from the trains as sweat swiftly pooled beneath her.

David didn’t waste any time. Immediately he grabbed Gabriel, scooping her into his arms. He rushed to the nearest exit on the ship, pushing his gravity control to its limit as he flew at top speed away from the energy. The look of calm emptiness on his face was replaced with pure panic. He couldn't lose another one...not her.

"..I-is she going to be...o-okay?" Ythala whimpered.

David didn’t waste any time. Immediately he grabbed Gabriel, scooping her into his arms. He smashed through a nearby wall on the ship, pushing his gravity control to it's maximum as he flew at top speed away from the energy. The look of calm emptiness on his face was replaced with pure panic. He couldn't lose another one...not her.

"..I-is she going to be...o-okay?" Ythala whimpered.
(The ship's armor is like 7-C at bare minimum Midas lmao)

All of my characters followed as they were teleported far away from the city as to not cause any damage.

"Hold on, Gabriel... Please, hold on..." Kiara murmured, practically praying as Gabriel finally ceased her writhing, breathing heavily as multiple veins popped in her face and neck, as well as her arms.

"Haaaa.... Ha... Okay... I think... co...ntrol... Under control..." She grumbled, the dark energies retracting slowly but surely.

Back