• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"If it's a talisman you need I believe I have materials that'd produce top-class ones." Cullthane said, before looking right at Tokugawa "However, a far, far more reliable solution until we can get you somewhere you won't get killed, or at least break from Adam's control, would a seal, or, more specifically, basically create something for you to control, speak, see and such while your body is safely tucked away into its center. Though I doubt you'd agree to that." Cullthane said bluntly, Raviathon nodding

"...I would... rather not be sealed away, yes..." Tokugawa murmured, putting his kimono back on and crossing his arms.

"Akaza is what my kind would refer to as... a "perfect being". A completed corrupted experiment... One with complete intelligence, sentience, and control over the power of corruption. Much unlike the mindless beings you've most likely faced before... To answer the hat's question... He is currently assigned to protect the gate to Edoshima, so yes, he cannot leave." Tokugawa said, glancing at Gabriel as if he realized that she was housing a previous failed corrupted experiment inside of her, causing her to scratch her head and back away, sighing.

Tokugawa glanced at Rhongomyniad, "Why do you care so much... if I die...? We do not know each other... In any normal circumstances, we would be enemies, so, why...?"

Kinzer sighed as Tokugawa said this, making sure to stick close to Rhongomyniad.

"I appreciate that, but..." Tokugawa chuckled, "I no longer have anything to live for... No, there was never a time in which I did. I was created to be a tool. I murdered someone... Someone young, someone with far more hopes, dreams, and aspirations than I will ever have, someone with people to serve and protect. Someone human. I killed him. I am merely a replica made for a task. I do not deserve to say I have anything to live for... I am pure evil."

"I appreciate that, but..." Tokugawa chuckled, "I no longer have anything to live for... No, there was never a time in which I did. I was created to be a tool. I murdered someone... Someone young, someone with far more hopes, dreams, and aspirations than I will ever have, someone with people to serve and protect. Someone human. I killed him. I am merely a replica made for a task. I do not deserve to say I have anything to live for... I am pure evil."
"If you were pure evil, you wouldn't have come out about this, you wouldn't really have any morals... You know what you did was terrible... now how are you gonna redeem yourself? How are you going to make the original Tokugawa's life worth it?" Rhongomyniad responded, walking forward and sitting next to Tokugawa

David stared at the being for a moment.

"...I've got blood on my hands. Blood of innocent people. People who could've lived long lives, if I hadn't snatched them away..." David said, shaking his head. He took a shaky breath, before continuing.

"...What you did...was...horrific, and cruel. But...that doesn't mean it needs to define your existence, Tokugawa." David said quietly, his muscles visibly clenched.

Kiara fumbled about as Rory hugged her, just covering her ears. She wanted to say something, but she also didn't want to hear this... She couldn't just forgive him. She just couldn't. David had changed, but... Would this homunculus change? "I..." Kiara thought to herself, just remaining silent.

"...." Tokugawa was silent for a bit, before speaking. "...I do not want to die. I do not want to be sealed, but... I do not wish to die. I want to live. I want to do something with... The life I stole. It is all I can do... To honor him..."

"...I will. I will... try." He said hoarsely, as if he wasn't even convinced himself.

Kiara would slowly get up, Rory clinging to her but eventually letting go and grabbing Kiara's hand as she left the room with Rory. "She shouldn't have heard that..." Rory thought to herself, sighing.

Kiara fumbled about as Rory hugged her, just covering her ears. She wanted to say something, but she also didn't want to hear this... She couldn't just forgive him. She just couldn't. David had changed, but... Would this homunculus change? "I..." Kiara thought to herself, just remaining silent.

"...." Tokugawa was silent for a bit, before speaking. "...I do not want to die. I do not want to be sealed, but... I do not wish to die. I want to live. I want to do something with... The life I stole. It is all I can do... To honor him..."
"From what I understood, Cullthane wants to seal you then put you into a golem your consciousness controls until you can be somewhere you will be safe from Adam, or break completely from his hold. That gives you ample opportunity to honor him... plus, forgiveness is earned." Rhongomyniad said, sighing

"If I have to use a golem to communicate with the world then what is the point of even communicating...? I don't want that... It's the same way that Adam is using me... As a... golem... a tool to interact with the world while he stays somewhere safe... I don't want that...!" Tokugawa said, beginning to even tremble a bit as turned to the direction of his room, clearly planning to scurry away.

"If I have to use a golem to communicate with the world then what is the point of even communicating...? I don't want that... It's the same way that Adam is using me... As a... golem... a tool to interact with the world while he stays somewhere safe... I don't want that...!" Tokugawa said, beginning to even tremble a bit as turned to the direction of his room, clearly planning to scurry away.
"You wouldn't be a tool, you'd be your own golem! Think of the golem as an extention of your own body, this isn't the days of yore where you needed to split pieces of your soul off to make golems." Rhongomyniad responded, stepping to his side, sighing out

"You'd be in control, Tokugawa. Complete control, I'm pretty sure Cullthane could rig it to where you could unseal yourself at any time you wanted, I want the best for you, even if I haven't forgiven you." Rhongomyniad said, putting a gentle hand on Tokugawa's shoulder

"......" Tokugawa remained silent before breathing out.

"I will... Consider it. There is a chance my crea-... cr...e... a... A...d... Adam... May be able to reach me regardless, but, I recognize this Cullthane's skill as a mage... I will... consider it... I'd like to be alone, please..." Tokugawa requested, looking down as he clearly had trouble addressing Adam by his name.

Tokugawa entered his room, his trembling continuing as he nodded at Rhongomyniad. He slowly climbed onto the bed, breathing out as he buried himself into the covers... "I need to calm down..." He thought to himself, trying to control his trembling that he never thought he'd experience. Was he experiencing... fear? Anxiety?

"I need to... calm..."

"Huh? Oh..." Gabriel said, turning to Terevion and nodding, ready to follow him to a more private area.

Tokugawa entered his room, his trembling continuing as he nodded at Rhongomyniad. He slowly climbed onto the bed, breathing out as he buried himself into the covers... "I need to calm down..." He thought to himself, trying to control his trembling that he never thought he'd experience. Was he experiencing... fear? Anxiety?

"I need to... calm..."

"Huh? Oh..." Gabriel said, turning to Terevion and nodding, ready to follow him to a more private area.
Terevion led Gabriel to her room, sitting down on a chair and disassembling his pistol "What's your take on Tokugawa?" Terevion asked, not entirely focused

Ythala continued to cling onto Okita, though her trembling had slowed significantly. Slowly, she looked up at the women.

"...W-what do you think, Okita?" Ythala asked softly.

David watched Tokugawa leave, sighing.

"...Hope the kid makes the right choice..." he thought.

Masayoshi sighed, standing up as she smoothed out her dress.

"...Where ya heading, honey?" David asked, glancing up at her.

"...I'm hoping to get some training in before Tokugawa comes back..." Masayoshi said, flashing him a smile. Mana began to cover her body as she had already begun refining her magical energy.

She glanced over to Cullthane.

"...Can you give me another scroll to study? any element will do..." She said, looking at the angel.

Ythala continued to cling onto Okita, though her trembling had slowed significantly. Slowly, she looked up at the women.

David watched Tokugawa leave, sighing.

"...Hope the kid makes the right choice..." he thought.

Masayoshi sighed, standing up as she smoothed out her dress.

"...Where ya heading, honey?" David asked, glancing up at her.

"...I'm hoping to get some training in before Tokugawa comes back..." Masayoshi said, flashing him a smile. Mana began to cover her body as she had already begun refining her magical energy.

She glanced over to Cullthane.

"...Can you give me another scroll to study? any element will do..." She said, looking at the angel.
Cullthane prepared an assortment of plant and Dark Magic scrolls for Masayoshi, about ten of each and idly giving them to her silently

Terevion led Gabriel to her room, sitting down on a chair and disassembling his pistol "What's your take on Tokugawa?" Terevion asked, not entirely focused
"...." Gabriel let out a breath, "I think we're both... similar. We were both cast away by Adam, in a way, as tools... I empathize with him in a weird... way." Gabriel murmured, her wings gently flapping.

"I want him to... change. And be better."

"I don't know what to think anymore, Ythala..." Okita murmured, looking down.

"My loyalties... Everything I devoted myself to... was... misplaced..."

"...." Gabriel let out a breath, "I think we're both... similar. We were both cast away by Adam, in a way, as tools... I empathize with him in a weird... way." Gabriel murmured, her wings gently flapping.

"I want him to... change. And be better."
"... well, it's not like he's a real threat right now." Terevion responded, clearly deep in thought about various things, closing his eyes and just beginning to breathe deeply as if to calm himself down

"I don't know what to think anymore, Ythala..." Okita murmured, looking down.

"My loyalties... Everything I devoted myself to... was... misplaced..."
Ythala stared at Okita for a moment. Uncharacteristically...her gaze began to harden. She knew what it was like, to lose a master. Someone, she would dedicate her everything to. The anguish, the sadness, the pain that seemed to stretch towards infinity. Anger began to well in her throat, both towards the new emperor...but even more so toward Adam.

"Why....WHY does Adam ruin everything he touches..." Ythala thought, her anger rising in her throat. She hated the man. Hated him with every fiber of her being. Hated him almost as much as the man who robbed her of her master. Her wings flapped erratically for a few moments, before slowly calming down.

Ythala let go of Okita for a moment, flying to eye level before wrapping her in a tight embrace.

"....I'm so sorry Okita..." Ythala murmured.

Back