• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

David nodded, moving a bit closer to her as he stared at the ground.

"....I want to help you...Gabriel..." David said quietly.

"...if their...is anything I can do....please...let me know..."
"...Just... try to stay alive... That's all I ask... I can't handle anymore death... Pain, maybe... But death... I can't..." Gabriel murmured, the fact that Shalor would be temporarily dying flaring up in her mind again, causing her to tremble even harder.
"Somehow I doubt that..." Rhongomyniad murmured
"Well, nothing much to doubt, aye." Kinzer said, "Whatever, though. Let's talk about you and not my boring self. What do you usually do when there's... currently not much for us to do?"

"...Just... try to stay alive... That's all I ask... I can't handle anymore death... Pain, maybe... But death... I can't..." Gabriel murmured, the fact that Shalor would be temporarily dying flaring up in her mind again, causing her to tremble even harder.
David stared at her for a moment, surprised by her words. Slowly....he nodded.

"...I promise you, Gabriel..." David said softly.

"...I'll do anything I can...to stay alive. I...won't leave you like that."

Meanwhile.

Masayoshi glanced at Cullthane for a moment.

"...A potion that increases magical power..." Masayoshi murmured. her brow furrowed, as she remembered the earlier frustration she had felt from her own lack of power. Slowly, she moved closer to the angel.

"....What would happen...If I were to drink a potion like that...?" She said.

"I mean, it's not like I do much in the first place, really, I only really started trying things a week before I got thrust into these lostbelts." Rhongomyniad responded

"Your magic would become unstable and make casting spells at all a risk." Cullthane responded without taking his eyes off the feathers as they absorbed the potion, becoming a deep shade of purple from white

Meanwhile.

Masayoshi glanced at Cullthane for a moment.

"...A potion that increases magical power..." Masayoshi murmured. her brow furrowed, as she remembered the earlier frustration she had felt from her own lack of power. Slowly, she moved closer to the angel.

"....What would happen...If I were to drink a potion like that...?" She said.
(Poke)

"It's a case of your magical power lawyer, the potion is designed for those capable of creating lores of magic, something which you are unable to do, and unless you manage to get your hands on some extremely artifact, will never be able to do." Cullthane said, finally turning towards Masayoshi

"Do you honestly think I could train you?" Cullthane asked

"Metatron can train a mortal on the physical level. The last time I took an apprentice..." Cullthane's expression worsened severely "it didn't go well. Masayoshi, little lawyer, little human, do you believe yourself capable enough to stand there and believe things won't go worse for you?" Cullthane asked, his voice getting dangerously quiet as he stared into Masayoshi's eyes

"We shall see..." Cullthane said, a warning to say the least before he stepped back and continued preparing, the feathers seeming to be enchanted with unknowns sigils before he desummoned the entire station and began walking out

"Follow me. Your "training" will not be so simple as strengthening your body." Cullthane informed Masayoshi

"If you insist..." Masayoshi said. Slowly, she began to concentrate her magical power, her body beginning to glow as he channeled her energy. A sphere made of pure energy started to form in front of her. Before quickly changing color, Masayoshi adding various elements to bolster its power as it grew bigger and bigger. The sphere itself began to multiply, forming multiple, luminescent spheres that would begin to hover in the air above her. This technique took a good deal of energy and time to charge, but its power was a class above anything she had cast previously. Eventually, 10, heavily condensed magical spheres, comprised of every element she could manipulate, were hovering above her.

Judgement

Time froze around Cullthane, as the spheres instantly closed the distance between them, time resuming just as the spheres impacted his flesh. Creating multiple large explosions that would envelop the man and the surrounding area. However, she condensed them enough to not deal major environmental damage. She knew this wouldn't deal significant damage to the Sepheriam, and thus chose to demonstrate her magic to its fullest extent.

(This is her 8-B Super move I just haven't made her profile yet-)

The move disintegrated harmlessly against Cullthane, the Seraphim not even being bothered by the time stop

"Weak... very weak..." Cullthane said, looking over at Masayoshi

"Are you ready? Few have experienced what I will now inflict upon you."

(Delicious magic lol)

Agony suddenly consumed Masayoshi's form, the feeling of her magical energy itself being manipulated being pain beyond flesh, but it was getting stronger for about 20 seconds until the Agony faded as suddenly as it began, Cullthane simply looking at Masayoshi as he waited for her to recover

Masayoshi immediately collapsed onto the ground, pain exploding through every fiber of her being as she let out a silent scream. Even with the absurdly high pain tolerance she had developed, she was unable to fully nullify the sheer agony she was experiencing.

She stayed on the ground for a few long moments after it was over, breathing heavily. Sweat covered her body as she groaned slightly. Eventually, she got onto her knees, before slowly getting to her feet.

"...What....was...that...?" She said, in between breaths.

Masayoshi glanced at her body, her magical aura spiking as it radiated intensely from her body. Power surged through her as she felt herself push past the prior limitations of the lostbelt on her magic.

"...Yeah...I...I can handle this..." Masayoshi muttered. The aura of her magic continued to flair wildly, but slowly, steadily, it began to calm itself. Masayoshi tried to maintain focus as the aura gradually condensed and shrunk. She summoned a chair, immediately collapsing into it as she breathed heavily, clearly fatigued by the process.

"..Thanks, Cullthane..." She said.

"I won't do that more then once, we will be doing the rest manually." Cullthane said, looking down at Masayoshi

"Until then, read through this, and tell me the meaning of each spell." Cullthane said, handing Masayoshi a spell book she wouldn't have ever seen or heard of before, the title and everything else being in a different language that roughly translated to "Lore of Dark Magic"

Masayoshi glanced at the book, flipping through the pages as she used her automatic translation to try and understand the strange script the book was written in.

"...Dark magic...." She muttered. That was one aspect of magic she had the least familiarity with, and she took a moment to understand what the spells were referring to, even after she translated them.

"...Do you have any books that relate to...temporal magic...?" She asked glancing up at the man.

"...that tends to be where my...specialty lies..."

"I'm building up your capabilities in all magic, and as Mortals tend to touch Dark Magic even less then Pure Magic, it's what we're starting with. As for your question, yes, I do." Cullthane said

"Now then, as you've read and understood those spells I want you to build up your capabilities in dark magic." Cullthane said, turning and holding his hand out, a swirl of a black mud forming a massive black knight with a chaotic aura

Gabriel remained silent, gently sobbing and trembling as she clearly now wanted to just be left alone.
"I mean, it's not like I do much in the first place, really, I only really started trying things a week before I got thrust into these lostbelts." Rhongomyniad responded
Kinzer shrugged, "Well, not much we can do anyway. We could spar if you want to, but I feel like that'd be a losing battle on my part." He said with another shrug, not really caring what they did.

Gabriel remained silent, gently sobbing and trembling as she clearly now wanted to just be left alone.
David closed his eyes, not saying anymore as he quietly listened to Gabriel's sobs. He could tell she didn't want to talk anymore, and thus decided to simply remain by her side.

"Use dark magic on it." Cullthane said, summoning a staff to himself and tapping it on the ground

"Death Knight, fight not to maim nor kill but incapacitate!" Cullthane ordered, his echoing voice hard as the Death Knight began approaching Masayoshi
"Death Knight? So you've prepared a training partner for me..." Masayoshi said.

Slowly, Dark magic began to swirl around Masayoshi's hand, the volatile magic stinging her flesh as she tried to control it. A magic sigil began to appear in front of Masayoshi, as she attempted to channel the magic into something she could use.

Suddenly, a burst of Hellfire shot from her hands, Masayoshi nearly being knocked over as she launched an incredibly explosive fireball towards the creature. It was clearly a novice effort, the fire unshaped and wild as it spread in mid-air, covering the knight's location and the surrounding tree's in a mighty flame.

Kinzer shrugged, "Well, not much we can do anyway. We could spar if you want to, but I feel like that'd be a losing battle on my part." He said with another shrug, not really caring what they did.
"I doubt I could mentally handle that honestly, even if I probably would have the advantage due to being able to shrug off or heal any real damage done to me..." Rhongomyniad responded quietly
"Death Knight? So you've prepared a training partner for me..." Masayoshi said.

Slowly, Dark magic began to swirl around Masayoshi's hand, the volatile magic stinging her flesh as she tried to control it. A magic sigil began to appear in front of Masayoshi, as she attempted to channel the magic into something she could use.

Suddenly, a burst of Hellfire shot from her hands, Masayoshi nearly being knocked over as she launched an incredibly explosive fireball towards the creature. It was clearly a novice effort, the fire unshaped and wild as it spread in mid-air, covering the knight's location and the surrounding tree's in a mighty flame.
The Death Knight didn't seem to bothered by it, in fact it was clear that Cullthane's spoken command wasn't his true command as it continued walking towards Masayoshi

"I doubt I could mentally handle that honestly, even if I probably would have the advantage due to being able to shrug off or heal any real damage done to me..." Rhongomyniad responded quietly
"I mean, same." Kinzer chuckled as he stood up, holding his hand out for Rhongomyniad to grab. "Well, since there isn't much to do, we can just walk and talk. I've got a few things I wanna ask, anyway. Like, what's up with that dragon guy? I can tell you guys are bound together from a mile away."

The Death Knight didn't seem to bothered by it, in fact it was clear that Cullthane's spoken command wasn't his true command as it continued walking towards Masayoshi
Masayoshi took a step back, scanning her mind for other dark magic spells she had skimmed within the book Cullthane had given her.

"Alright...new plan...." she murmured.

Holding up both hands, her arms began to tingle again as she covered them in dark magic. Tentacles made up of dark energy suddenly sprouted from the ground underneath the knight, roughly wrapping themselves around the creature if successful.

"I mean, same." Kinzer chuckled as he stood up, holding his hand out for Rhongomyniad to grab. "Well, since there isn't much to do, we can just walk and talk. I've got a few things I wanna ask, anyway. Like, what's up with that dragon guy? I can tell you guys are bound together from a mile away."
Rhongomyniad took Kinzer's hand gladly "He's the one who managed to get me out of my seclusion in the first place." Rhongomyniad said
Masayoshi took a step back, scanning her mind for other dark magic spells she had skimmed within the book Cullthane had given her.

"Alright...new plan...." she murmured.

Holding up both hands, her arms began to tingle again as she covered them in dark magic. Tentacles made up of dark energy suddenly sprouted from the ground underneath the knight, roughly wrapping themselves around the creature if successful.
The Death Knight sliced all the tentacles as they came up, Cullthane raising one hand to cause it to pause

"Not bad for a first timer." Cullthane commented

Rhongomyniad took Kinzer's hand gladly "He's the one who managed to get me out of my seclusion in the first place." Rhongomyniad said
Kinzer began walking with Rhongomyniad through Atlantis's streets, "Seems like a cool guy. I mean, personally, do you know any of these people barring him? Like, the weird purple angel and the golden one pop up when I think of people I don't know for shit. The golden one with the six wings, not the four wings, by the way."

Kinzer began walking with Rhongomyniad through Atlantis's streets, "Seems like a cool guy. I mean, personally, do you know any of these people barring him? Like, the weird purple angel and the golden one pop up when I think of people I don't know for shit. The golden one with the six wings, not the four wings, by the way."
"You mean the Seraphim? No, I don't really know them, though they're both some of the oldest beings still among the living in creation, so I only really know what has been passed around, though you can thank Cullthane, the purple one, for magic actually being accessible to people like you and me." Rhongomyniad responded, looking around
"T-Thanks...." She said tiredly, already winded a bit from trying to use such unfamiliar magic.

"...This is...strange, to say the least. I've never felt magic like this..."
"That's normal." Cullthane responded, the Death Knight melting into the same black substance it was formed of

"That's normal." Cullthane responded, the Death Knight melting into the same black substance it was formed of
"Towa could probably do something like this easily....she was much more attuned to dark magic than I could ever be without fusion..." Masayoshi thought, her expression saddening a bit as she remembered her partner.

Masayoshi shook her head, beginning to focus again.

"...Do you have any more lessons you'd like to teach me, Cullthane? I'd be glad to learn anything more from you." She asked.

"The Dark Magic needs some time to settle before we can safely continue, that is unless you wish to have some issues in the upcoming battle." Cullthane said, looking Masayoshi in the eyes
"...I suppose that makes sense..." Masayoshi said, nodding.

"...thank you. For taking the time to show me the basics, Cullthane. Would you be alright making these...training sessions, a regular thing between us?" She asked.

Back