• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

They both entered a large gladiatorial arena, the walls extending high with dry paintings of waves plastered across them, denoting the ocean. The material the arena was made out of was tough, abnormally so, most likely so that the arena wasn't damaged during training.

"Same here, honestly... Puts shit into perspective, honestly. Neither of us have really been around that long in the universe. Even Gabriel is older than us..." Rory murmured, chuckling.
David idly tapped the floor, with his foot, testing its durability, before nodding.

"I always forget just how old Gabriel is. She was in that child form so long I almost didn't realize we were like, babies compared to her..." David said, chuckling.

"...Do ya ever get nightmares about what we went through in that place?" David said, glancing at her.

"Ah-... erm..." Rhongomyniad clearly didn't exactly want to talk about it but did at the same time
Kinzer shrugged, "Hey... If your uncomfortable talking about it, you don't need to. I ain't gonna force ya. But if you wanna talk, I ain't going anywhere until we get to Atlantis... So here's your time window."
David idly tapped the floor, with his foot, testing its durability, before nodding.

"I always forget just how old Gabriel is. She was in that child form so long I almost didn't realize we were like, babies compared to her..." David said, chuckling.

"...Do ya ever get nightmares about what we went through in that place?" David said, glancing at her.
".....I don't remember the last time I even slept, David." Rory said.

"I'm mostly fine, David." Rory said, "I can't afford to rest. I couldn't before, and I especially can't afford to rest knowing that this Adam guy wants to harm my daughter... Or well... To me, she is... Whatever." Rory said, sighing as she summoned a thin katana.

"I'm mostly fine, David." Rory said, "I can't afford to rest. I couldn't before, and I especially can't afford to rest knowing that this Adam guy wants to harm my daughter... Or well... To me, she is... Whatever." Rory said, sighing as she summoned a thin katana.
"....I get ya, Rory. Hard to rest when someone ya care about is in danger..." David sighed, flexing his muscles as he took his stance.

"....How are things between ya and Gabriel? Have ya two managed to smooth things over a bit?" He asked.

"...The same fate......" Rhongomyniad murmured quietly, looking right down at the floor, her distress rising
"You gotta speak up, Rhongomyniad..." Kinzer said, sighing once more as he scooted closer to her. "Again, I ain't forcing ya, so think it over carefully if you wanna tell me or not..."
"....I get ya, Rory. Hard to rest when someone ya care about is in danger..." David sighed, flexing his muscles as he took his stance.

"....How are things between ya and Gabriel? Have ya two managed to smooth things over a bit?" He asked.
"Not any better, honestly..." Rory said, dashing forward as she coated her blade in willpower, starting off with a simple vertical slash to David's chest, ready to jump back to create some distance afterward.

"We haven't really talked much... Well, more like I haven't tried to approach her..." Rory murmured.

(Yes, they will be talking while fighting lol.)

"Not any better, honestly..." Rory said, dashing forward as she coated her blade in willpower, starting off with a simple vertical slash to David's chest, ready to jump back to create some distance afterward.

"We haven't really talked much... Well, more like I haven't tried to approach her..." Rory murmured.

(Yes, they will be talking while fighting lol.)
David braced for the attack, hardening his skin and the blood underneath as the sword rushed towards him, giving him a shallow cut on his torso. If successful, he would immediately grab Rory by the torso, before quickly throwing her towards the hard floor, using his gravity manipulation to increase her falling speed if successful.

"...what's stopping ya from approaching her?" David asked.

David braced for the attack, hardening his skin and the blood underneath as the sword rushed towards him, giving him a shallow cut on his torso. If successful, he would immediately grab Rory by the torso, before quickly throwing her towards the hard floor, using his gravity manipulation to increase her falling speed if successful.

"...what's stopping ya from approaching her?" David asked.
Rory used her flexibility and speed to bend backward and kick off the ground, dodging his attempt at grabbing her as she began pelting him with swords that she shot at him with telekinesis from all directions, aiming for his vital points specifically.

"I... I guess we're all just busy with the situation in these lostbelts... I haven't had time to approach her, I guess...? Ugh, maybe that's just me being a coward, though..." Rory responded.

Rory used her flexibility and speed to bend backward and kick off the ground, dodging his attempt at grabbing her as she began pelting him with swords that she shot at him with telekinesis from all directions, aiming for his vital points specifically.

"I... I guess we're all just busy with the situation in these lostbelts... I haven't had time to approach her, I guess...? Ugh, maybe that's just me being a coward, though..." Rory responded.
David mutated his body, forming a thick, shell-like exoskeleton around his skin made of hardened bone, acting akin to armor as he managed to block the brunt of the damage. Raising one arm, he began to fire off a ranged burst of gravity at Rory, the wave of gravity seeking to crush her against the wall if successful.

"...If ya want my advice. I'd say ya should approach her, whenever ya have time. I've been trying to talk to her more often...and I think it's helping! Last time I talked, she didn't seem to want me dead."

After a few moments of Mentally preparing herself Rhongomyniad breathed out shakily

"Everyone... anyone who's ever tried to get close to me... or anyone I've begun to care about... has met horrific ends... like what your subconsciously doing... I believe I'm cursed for that to always happen..." Rhongomyniad murmured quietly

David mutated his body, forming a thick, shell-like exoskeleton around his skin made of hardened bone, acting akin to armor as he managed to block the brunt of the damage. Raising one arm, he began to fire off a ranged burst of gravity at Rory, the wave of gravity seeking to crush her against the wall if successful.

"...If ya want my advice. I'd say ya should approach her, whenever ya have time. I've been trying to talk to her more often...and I think it's helping! Last time I talked, she didn't seem to want me dead."
Rory was pushed back by his bursts of gravity, but before she was crushed against the wall, she stomped on the ground with all her might and created a wall of ice behind her, cushioning her impact as she sighed.

"Maybe your right... I dunno, I guess... I guess I feel as though she wouldn't really be getting any help if I talked to her... I mean, you see how she's taking those pills, right?" Rory said, her swords beginning to violently vibrate as she coated them in willpower as well, increasing their sharpness so they could start piercing through David's bone armor, dashing forward with a larger broadsword in hand to completely cut through the bone armor and dig into his torso.
After a few moments of Mentally preparing herself Rhongomyniad breathed out shakily

"Everyone... anyone who's ever tried to get close to me... or anyone I've begun to care about... has met horrific ends... like what your subconsciously doing... I believe I'm cursed for that to always happen..." Rhongomyniad murmured quietly
Kinzer leaned back, laying on the bed. "Yeah, I guess I am subconsciously trying to get close to you." Kinzer said bluntly, "But that doesn't mean I'll die. Well, I could die, but not because I'm getting close to you. Pessimistic, much...?"

Rory was pushed back by his bursts of gravity, but before she was crushed against the wall, she stomped on the ground with all her might and created a wall of ice behind her, cushioning her impact as she sighed.

"Maybe your right... I dunno, I guess... I guess I feel as though she wouldn't really be getting any help if I talked to her... I mean, you see how she's taking those pills, right?" Rory said, her swords beginning to violently vibrate as she coated them in willpower as well, increasing their sharpness so they could start piercing through David's bone armor, dashing forward with a larger broadsword in hand to completely cut through the bone armor and dig into his torso.
The sword managed to cleave through David's bone armor, creating a gash into his torso in the process. However, the moment Rory got into melee range, David morphed the remaining bone surrounding him, forming multiple, jagged spikes of bone that would suddenly rush forward in an attempt to stab into her torso, David purposely taking the attack in hopes that this counter would land.

"...I think Gabriel could use as many...healthy relationships as she can get. I think if ya her mother... it's important to try, at least, even if ya don't see the help in it..." David said, truthfully.

"...Maybe...if we can get her to a good mental state...she won't even need those pills, ya know?"

The sword managed to cleave through David's bone armor, creating a gash into his torso in the process. However, the moment Rory got into melee range, David morphed the remaining bone surrounding him, forming multiple, jagged spikes of bone that would suddenly rush forward in an attempt to stab into her torso, David purposely taking the attack in hopes that this counter would land.

"...I think Gabriel could use as many...healthy relationships as she can get. I think if ya her mother... it's important to try, at least, even if ya don't see the help in it..." David said, truthfully.

"...Maybe...if we can get her to a good mental state...she won't even need those pills, ya know?"
Rory raised her arm, the spikes piercing through her arm while a few of them dented on her metal gloves, Rory summoning another blade in her hand and trying to slash at him with that, flinging some blood into his eyes as well in order to try and obscure his vision.

"But I mean... I know your right... But how would I even start...? It's been so long since I've... I've tried to act like a mom... Not since Belial... Where did you start...?"
"YES!" Rhongomyniad barely stopped herself from shouting out loud enough to disturb the others in the below deck
"Woah-" Kinzer shot up, his eyes widened a bit. "...That was an unexpected response..." Kinzer murmured, seeming clearly shocked at her response.

Rory raised her arm, the spikes piercing through her arm while a few of them dented on her metal gloves, Rory summoning another blade in her hand and trying to slash at him with that, flinging some blood into his eyes as well in order to try and obscure his vision.

"But I mean... I know your right... But how would I even start...? It's been so long since I've... I've tried to act like a mom... Not since Belial... Where did you start...?"
David instinctively shifted his body in response to Rory's blade, the attack digging into his hardened shoulder and cutting off some of the flesh, but otherwise mitigating much of the slash. In response to Rory's blood, David forcefully mutated his own body, several additional pairs of eyes sprouting across his head, preventing Rory's blood from completely blinding him.

Should this all be successful, David would harden his fist with body control, before unleashing a downward swing onto her head, increasing the gravity around the fist to amplify the weight of the strike.

"....Well...I just tried...checking in on her, I guess. Just..talking to her, making sure that she was alright, trying to help her not suffer as much...that sorta thing." David said.

"...I think showing her that you want to fix things...would go a long way...ya know? Even if ya mess up a few times."

Kinzer patted Rhongomyniad on the back, "Alright Alright, chill out..." He said, "...Haaa... I can tell you'll need a moment." He seemed a bit confused as to why she would be so hung up over his death, but, he figured it didn't really matter.
David instinctively shifted his body in response to Rory's blade, the attack digging into his hardened shoulder and cutting off some of the flesh, but otherwise mitigating much of the slash. In response to Rory's blood, David forcefully mutated his own body, several additional pairs of eyes sprouting across his head, preventing Rory's blood from completely blinding him.

Should this all be successful, David would harden his fist with body control, before unleashing a downward swing onto her head, increasing the gravity around the fist to amplify the weight of the strike.

"....Well...I just tried...checking in on her, I guess. Just..talking to her, making sure that she was alright, trying to help her not suffer as much...that sorta thing." David said.

"...I think showing her that you want to fix things...would go a long way...ya know? Even if ya mess up a few times."
Rory's arm wounds swiftly healed themselves, the swordswoman kicking off of the ground once more and barely avoiding his fist, which grazed against her cheek and produced a large bruise on it as his fist crashed into the ground and created a small crater in the floor, small due to the material's durability.

Rory's assault was relentless as she kept firing swords from all angles, trying to take out his extra eyes while also aiming for his vital points, going in with a katana and a broadsword covered in willpower as well, clearly in an attempt to overwhelm his durability.

"...I... Is it... really that simple...?" Rory asked, her voice somewhat drowned out by the sound of steel clashing against flesh.

Rory's arm wounds swiftly healed themselves, the swordswoman kicking off of the ground once more and barely avoiding his fist, which grazed against her cheek and produced a large bruise on it as his fist crashed into the ground and created a small crater in the floor, small due to the material's durability.

Rory's assault was relentless as she kept firing swords from all angles, trying to take out his extra eyes while also aiming for his vital points, going in with a katana and a broadsword covered in willpower as well, clearly in an attempt to overwhelm his durability.

"...I... Is it... really that simple...?" Rory asked, her voice somewhat drowned out by the sound of steel clashing against flesh.
David raised his arms to cover his face, hardening the skin as he attempted to wether Rory's fierce assault, blood flowing from various cuts on his body, though they were swiftly closed by his body control. David suddenly stomped on the ground, creating a fierce, omnidirectional blast of gravity around him in an attempt to fling Rory and her swords away from him.

Should this be successful, David would raise his arms, before suddenly stretching them towards Rory at high speeds' using his elasticity to send it flying towards Rory. Should she not counter this, the arm would bend, before slamming back towards Rory, the motion being akin to a whip as he began to hammer into Rory with long-ranged strikes.

"I'm...not sure, Rory. My approach with...fixing my relationship with Gabriel..is very...rough" He admitted, raising his voice.

"Gabriel seems to be...less angry with me...so I'm making progress...but there might be a better way. I'm just telling ya my experience"

Rhongomyniad eventually managed to mostly stabilize her breathing, but was still distressed and clearly so
Kinzer rubbed the bridge of his nose, frustrated, and clearly confused on what to do in this situation. "Well..." Kinzer sighed, simply leaning against her, his head resting on her shoulder. " I won't die. It's a half-assed promise and probably one you've heard a million times, but, I won't die. I'll say that much..."
David raised his arms to cover his face, hardening the skin as he attempted to wether Rory's fierce assault, blood flowing from various cuts on his body, though they were swiftly closed by his body control. David suddenly stomped on the ground, creating a fierce, omnidirectional blast of gravity around him in an attempt to fling Rory and her swords away from him.

Should this be successful, David would raise his arms, before suddenly stretching them towards Rory at high speeds' using his elasticity to send it flying towards Rory. Should she not counter this, the arm would bend, before slamming back towards Rory, the motion being akin to a whip as he began to hammer into Rory with long-ranged strikes.

"I'm...not sure, Rory. My approach with...fixing my relationship with Gabriel..is very...rough" He admitted, raising his voice.

"Gabriel seems to be...less angry with me...so I'm making progress...but there might be a better way. I'm just telling ya my experience"
Rory was indeed blown back by his attack, doing a skillful backflip and landing on her feet perfectly as she created a thin katana and coated it in a veil of willpower, her eyes dilating as she began dodging and cutting at David's whip-arm, leaving large gashes on it if successful as she was swiftly closing the distance between the two, speeding her movement up by sliding over a thin coat of ice she created under her feet as she ran.

"...Haaa..." Rory let out a sigh as she got into close range with David, attempting to run him through with her katana, making the blade vibrate along with her willpower to increase its power, which she hoped would be able to pierce through his steel-like muscles cleanly.

"Thanks, man. I'll see what I can do to help her, as well..."

Rory was indeed blown back by his attack, doing a skillful backflip and landing on her feet perfectly as she created a thin katana and coated it in a veil of willpower, her eyes dilating as she began dodging and cutting at David's whip-arm, leaving large gashes on it if successful as she was swiftly closing the distance between the two, speeding her movement up by sliding over a thin coat of ice she created under her feet as she ran.

"...Haaa..." Rory let out a sigh as she got into close range with David, attempting to run him through with her katana, making the blade vibrate along with her willpower to increase its power, which she hoped would be able to pierce through his steel-like muscles cleanly.

"Thanks, man. I'll see what I can do to help her, as well..."
Rory's blades cut into David's arms, massive gashes being left on his arms and hands. David, realizing that Rory's sword was about to impale him, used his body control to move the organs around his body. The sword plunged into his chest, but was unable to deal significant damage due to David shifting his vital areas away from the bladed weapon.

Before Rory could retract the blade, David rapidly mutated his body, sprouting two additional hands from his torso that would grab onto Rory's arm. Should this be successful, David's original two arms would return to him, before gripping Rory by the torso. Temporarily reducing her weight to zero, he proceeded to throw her into a nearby wall, using his four arms and the lack of gravity to send her flying at high speeds into it.

"...no problem Rory, I'm glad my advice helped." He said, nodding.

"...OH! I should tell ya...I managed to talk to Belial the other day, through Gabriel's ring thingy" David said.

Rory's blades cut into David's arms, massive gashes being left on his arms and hands. David, realizing that Rory's sword was about to impale him, used his body control to move the organs around his body. The sword plunged into his chest, but was unable to deal significant damage due to David shifting his vital areas away from the bladed weapon.

Before Rory could retract the blade, David rapidly mutated his body, sprouting two additional hands from his torso that would grab onto Rory's arm. Should this be successful, David's original two arms would return to him, before gripping Rory by the torso. Temporarily reducing her weight to zero, he proceeded to throw her into a nearby wall, using his four arms and the lack of gravity to send her flying at high speeds into it.

"...no problem Rory, I'm glad my advice helped." He said, nodding.

"...OH! I should tell ya...I managed to talk to Belial the other day, through Gabriel's ring thingy" David said.
"YOU DID!?" Suddenly, various veins began bulging on Rory's arms, the woman coating her blade in fire and violently spinning around in order to swiftly cut through David's torso and remove her blade, cause yes, Rory has stupid arm strength, the woman propelling herself away and narrowly avoiding getting grabbed by the man, and very narrowly, barely dodging by a split-second, which caused her to trip and fall on her ass as she jumped away.

"Sorry... I got a little excited, there... You talked to Belial...?" Rory asked, getting up swiftly and dusting herself off.

David's muscles proved extraordinarily hard to cut, as Rory's crazy arm strength was matched by David's extraordinary resilience. The sword exited his body, leaving a shallow gash and burn marks as it left his body. David quickly hardened the blood and skin around the wound to seal it. Emerging without significant damage.

"I figured ya would be excited..." David said, wiping the blood off his body.

"Yeah...that...ring thing Gabriel has allows her to contact Shalor, and Belial was with Shalor, so I got to talk to them both" David said.

"...Did ya know they're planning to have a kid?"

Back