• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

(Sorry, went to go get Sonic. Had a Chicken Tender dinner. Tasted good.)

Metatron's eyes lit up as he began flying through the castle, locating the basement first without Poseidon even telling him.

"Peculiar." Poseidon thought to himself as he followed, glancing at Metatron, the Seraphim's face stern and cold, clearly not in the mood to have to deal with this...

"Should I follow them or not?" the fae contemplated.

"Nah. I don't want to deal with their family issue." he decided.

Meanwhile magnus was still helping clearing the rubble and was mostly done.

"This is boring." he said.

"I wonder if there is anything interesting." he said looking around and seeing David and Co going somewhere.

"That looks interesting." he said decided to follow them.

They got to the basement, the group encountering the large crystal that Adam seemed to be carrying around floating in the center of the large room, which seemed to be primarily used for storage anyway.

"Peculiar..." Poseidon murmured, walking up to the crystal. "The seal cannot be broken, it seems... At least not by us... I wonder if whatever is in here can see what's happening..."

A shockwave emanated from the crystal, blowing Poseidon back, the back of the crystal shattering with heat that instantly began causing the water to steam, the crystal shattering and some pieces flung at Magnus and the rest of the group, Cullthane forcefielding it all

"We hunt down this Adam for his cowardice! Believing he could possibly corrupt me!" an echoing voice shouted as the form was revealed
6YjdYQi4KDActzVo9w2UZ3.jpg

Poseidon nigh-instantly regained his ground, crossing his arms as he glared at the being that emerged from the seal, the water around the Sea God swirling around his body as the steam around him specifically converted itself back into water only to be turned to steam again.

"What a loud individual," Poseidon said, summoning his trident to him. "Your name would be appreciated... Your in my kingdom after all, valorous one."

"I am Imperius, we have much to prepare for, rebuilding and tracking that coward down!" Imperius responded, his armor stopping more heat from turning water to steam, but it still warmed the water to be like a bath like the hot spring they went to on the island

"He is loud, do talk to him Metatron." Cullthane muttered to Metatron

"..." Metatron transformed into weapon form for the first time in a while, becoming Lance's hands once more. Not because he felt like he needed to, but because this is what he did when he didn't want to talk, stayed in weapon form for a while silently.

"Do you not speak because of your own internal agony Metatron? Face it head on!" Imperius said as he half-walked half-stomped past the group to leave the castle, the shards of his old seal dissipating and merging with his armor and spear, Solarian to strengthen it

Cullthane sighed and began to follow him

"......Go to a place that's far away from everywhere else. I wanna talk to you about something." Metatron responded back, unexpectedly.

"......I don't... Wanna talk to Imperius right now... For obvious reasons. I don't even want to be near him..."

"Oh!" Lance muttered, surprised at the response. He composed himself, before nodding.

...understood Metatron, give me a moment..." Lance said. He glanced around, before turning invisible, quickly moving across the city as he eventually came across a large piece of rubble that was far away from everyone else. Jumping on top of it, he glanced down at his gloves, waiting until Metatron felt the desire to speak.

"Oh!" Lance muttered, surprised at the response. He composed himself, before nodding.

...understood Metatron, give me a moment..." Lance said. He glanced around, before turning invisible, quickly moving across the city as he eventually came across a large piece of rubble that was far away from everyone else. Jumping on top of it, he glanced down at his gloves, waiting until Metatron felt the desire to speak.
"......................" Metatron stayed silent for a bit.

"I see you've been training with that wrestler..." He said, very hoarsely in tone.

".......Good..." Metatron murmured, "Even with Imperius here... It's certain... We'll face more danger I... I can't protect you from... I can't... I.... You get the point... I'm... glad you've... gotten stronger. You need to adapt to fighting solo..."

"Yes, Lance." Metatron said firmly before transforming into human form, "This is inadequate. You can't protect yourself like this. You can't use my powers properly like this..." Metatron murmured, the look on his face filled with nothing but sorrow and agony, his brilliant golden eyes reflecting no light.

"Lance, I want you to try and hit me. You're allowed to use my piercing powers to negate my durability."

Lance froze. This was the first time he could remember Metatron threatening to use their contract against him. He glared at the man for a few moments, before sighing.

"....I see...you're...serious about this..." Lance said quietly, frustration rising in his throat.

Slowly, he walked towards Metatron, his steps showing evident hesitation as he eventually came within melee range of the man.

"...here I come..." He said quietly.

Immediately, he enchanted his shoe with Metatron's power, before unleashing a quick kick towards Metatron's legs. Purposely avoiding hitting him anywhere that would potentially harm the man significantly.

Metatron flew forward at alarming speeds, grabbing Lance by the neck and slamming his contractor into a nearby piece of rubble, not with enough force to significantly harm the magician, but, he definitely felt his skull crack.

"Your dead." Metatron said, "And in the time I said that you'd die another 10 times on your own..." Metatron murmured.

"****, I can't leave you alone after all... You couldn't even... You couldn't even dodge that! Ugh, I can't protect anything, can I!? This is gonna be my worst ******* nightmares all over again!" Metatron shouted, letting Lance go, clearly both fearing for both of their lives, and in agony over past trauma.

Lance laid on the ground, stunned for a few seconds before slowly staggering to his feet, his head still ringing from the last impact.

"No, Metatron!" Lance said quickly. Visibly shocked, both by the intensity of Metatron's movements and from Metatron's emotions.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I'm...so sorry...." Lance said. He stumbled over to the man, standing in front of him.

"...Y-your right. I'm weak. But...that doesn't mean I need to stay weak. If you need me to get stronger, I'll get stronger for you Metatron!" Lance said to the man.

"and...you've...done a great job. At protecting me so far. I'm...only alive, because you've saved me so many times. I...I'm living proof that you can protect someone!" Lance said, breathing heavily.

"And so what!? Everything is just going to go to shit anyway, no matter how strong you get, or no matter how strong I am! Everything always goes to shit... It always... Does..." Metatron murmured, covering himself in his enormous wingspan which seemed to instinctively push Lance away.

Rhongomyniad watched from a high vantage point, she knew Gabriel hated Metatron but she could tell even at this distance that Metatron wasn't in the best of mental states, jumping down and flying before softly landing at Gabriel's hammock, sitting down on the ground next to it

"And so what!? Everything is just going to go to shit anyway, no matter how strong you get, or no matter how strong I am! Everything always goes to shit... It always... Does..." Metatron murmured, covering himself in his enormous wingspan which seemed to instinctively push Lance away.
Lance struggled against his wingspan, trying his best to reach Metatron as he wrapped his arms around some of the feathers.

"...then...let's change that Metatron." Lance said quietly.

"...I...I used to think...that things were hopeless. I....I used to think I'd never escape a life of sorrow and regret...."

"...but meeting people...like Kiara....like YOU, showed me that things can change. That life isn't always one shitty hand after another!" Lance said. his voice was emotional, rapidly rising in volume as he tried desperately to reach his friend.

"...I can't promise you that things won't turn to shit...but I promise, I won't stop working with you until we can get through this. Because I don't believe that everything is destined to fail for you Metatron, just like...it wasn't destined for me...."

Back