• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

(Like, I couldn't make this more clear Setsuna, Fae is the most irritating character I've ever RP'd with and he's only been around for 2 pages. Spouting 4th wall breaks more often then I make sex jokes is extremely repetitive. And being a know-it-all on top of that makes Fae very, very, VERY easy to hate because of how annoying he is.)

(I have returned to torture you idiots for another 8 centuries. Make peace with your god. 🌚 )

Rory dashed around the corner and followed the Shade along with the rest of the group, all of them eventually ending up at the center of the corrupted castle, a large orange crystal in the center of the room with the humanoid shade standing in front of it with their hand on the crystal, something seeming to be sealed inside of it due to the corruption's weird attraction towards it...

"..." Metatron remained silent as Rory shouted.

"Who are you!?" She shouted, ready to pounce forward.

Masayoshi stepped behind Rory, her hands glowing dimly with magic as she summoned several gavels on either side of herself, the magical hammers floating around her body.

"...Step away from the crystal..." Masayoshi warned the figure. She examined the structure, clearly noting that the corruption was attracted to it, though she had no idea what was inside.

The shade didn't respond to Masayoshi, in fact, it seemed as though they didn't even notice the group was there...

"...Lance..." Metatron spoke to his contractor telepathically, "How are things on you're end...?" He asked.

"...I need to know that you're safe..."

(bump, come back to us Reaper)

"I'll keep that in mind" Lance said. Sighing, he sat on the ground, desperately wanting to smoke. He fumbled with his arms a bit, wondering if he could light a cigar without his hands, before eventually giving up.

David didn't move from where he had started sitting, simply staring off into space silently. His bank expression barely concealed the despair that had overtaken him.

Masayoshi began to step forward towards the mysterious shade, clearly on guard in case it attempted to attack.

(bump, come back to us Reaper)

"I'll keep that in mind" Lance said. Sighing, he sat on the ground, desperately wanting to smoke. He fumbled with his arms a bit, wondering if he could light a cigar without his hands, before eventually giving up.

David didn't move from where he had started sitting, simply staring off into space silently. His bank expression barely concealed the despair that had overtaken him.

Masayoshi began to step forward towards the mysterious shade, clearly on guard in case it attempted to attack.
(Ok. Wait. Calling bullshit. Lance can do card tricks without his hands but can't light a cigar without them????)

The shade simply turned to the group, their face being unrecognizable due to being covered in a veil of darkness as the crystal flashed, both the shade and the crystal disappearing from sight as tendrils of corruption began to form into something else...

"****..." Rory thought to herself, readying herself for combat. "Masayoshi, how good do you think you are at light magic...?"

While Gabriel slept, she felt as though something was watching the group, beginning to shiver and shoot up from her slumber which created a loud noise, the archangel beginning to breath heavily and search the area.

"Ugh... Gabriel, what's up...?" Kiara asked, the noise Gabriel created having woke her up.

"I'm still better with time magic but...I managed to learn a few spells. I should be able to help" Masayoshi said, nodding at Rory. her gavels began to glow brightly as she began to amplify them with light magic.

David, who hadn't slept at all, seemingly didn't react to the noise. His expression was unchanging.

Lance immediately jumped to his feet, glancing around.

"...What's going on?" He asked.

Rory jumped in front of Masayoshi as a flash of darkness shot out from the corrupted mass, a large blade slamming into Rory as she was blown back into Masayoshi, which sent them both flying into the wall with moderate injuries.

"Alright... Let's finish this quickly...!" Rory said, the thing manifesting itself in front of the group, but all of them could feel the sensation that for some reason, the enormous knight didn't want to have to fight them...

But, whatever was attacking the other group didn't seem to be that way, as Gabriel jumped in front of Terevion and took a brutal stab to the side with a trident-like weapon, coughing up blood as the figure which had yet to reveal itself from the surrounding forest jumped back into hiding like a hunter stalking prey.

"Agh...! Terevion, are you alright...!?" Gabriel asked, having ignored Terevion's suggestion of staying behind him.

"Damnit!" Terevion cursed, firing his gun which fired innacurate balls of energy, but it made up for if in the amount that came out, clearly used for sweeping the area as Terevion barged in front of Gabriel roughly

Cullthane rushed to where he assumed Gabriel was, speaking an encantation that healed the injured Archangel before transforming into weapon form

David snapped out of his trance, quickly jumping to his feet as he saw Gabriel get injured. Jumping into the air, he aimed a fierce burst of gravity at the nearby treeline, flattening multiple trees as he attempted to force the creature to reveal itself.

Masayoshi recovered swiftly, confused by the sensation she felt from the creature.

"...If we can...we should try to keep it alive...I don't think it wants to fight us..." She said glancing at Rory.

immediately, she summoned multiple thick chains made of pure magic that would attempt to wrap around the knight, restraining its arms and legs. She amplified these chains with light magic, making them much more difficult for the creature to escape, assuming it was weak to the element.

Gabriel grabbed Cullthane as she heard shallow groans in the distance as David flattened the trees, noticing a more... humanoid figure holding the trident weapon. "No way...!" Kinzer shouted as he began lighting the area, the figure jumping forward and clashing with Kinzer's staff.

"Who are you people?" The man asked, not seeming to recognize Kinzer for some reason as his trident eventually overpowered Kinzer and sent him flying. His face was calm and collected as he pointed his weapon at the group, cautious of them, but not bloodthirsty or rageful.

Within a few moments due to the knight's strained and clearly hesitant movements, it was obvious that he was not in control of himself, but even then, he was capable of skillfully dodging Masayoshi's chains, his footwork making him seem like he was blinking through the air or teleporting as he swung his enormous sword, easily covering the room and cutting into the wall, Hank barely managing to dodge and Atalanta taking a brutal hit, her arm getting cleaved straight off and shot into the air, barely escaping with her life as darkness swirled around the blade.

"Agh...!" Atalanta shouted, jumping back.

"So, we attacking, or we trying to restrain him? Atalanta just lost an arm, so I don't know if we'll be able to properly restrain him." Hank warned.

Lance jumped up, walking towards the man.

"We are not your enemies!" He shouted.

"Hold your weapon, we can talk this out!" He said quickly, hoping they could reason with the man.

David landed on the ground, his muscles clenched as he silently prepared to attack if needed.

Masayoshi looked at Atalanta's severed arm, and shook her head.

"...it's too dangerous. we don't know what we are dealing with here..." Masayoshi said.

"...disregard what I said, we need to attack..." she said.

immediately, she launched several gavels imbued with light magic towards the knight, the gavels violently exploding into bursts of light on contact. At the same time, she would create an extremely minuscule, condensed ball of light, nearly imperceptible as it slowly traveled towards the man, detonating into a large explosion if he failed to notice it.

The man swiftly lifted his trident, ready to pounce once more if necessary as well. "...Then where do you hail from? Name yourselves."

The knight was unable to perfectly dodge the light explosions due to his large size, but was able to somehow perceive the ball of light, swatting it out of the air expertly with the tip of his blade while also nearly cutting into Masayoshi and cleaving her in half due to the blade's enormous size as well, slamming into Rhongomyniad with enhanced force, tendrils of darkness boosting him forward.

"L-Lance. Lance Lafayette! Me and many of my companions are foreigners in this land!" Lance said quickly.

"....David..." David said, nodding at the man before looking away.

At the last second, Masayoshi stopped time, barely managing to dodge the knight's sword as she quickly moved behind the man, launching a close-range burst of light in an attempt to knock him away. At the same time, dozens of magical symbols would appear on the ground, before swiftly disappearing. Should the knight step on any of these symbols, they would explode, akin to a land mine of condensed light magic.

Metatron grabbed Rhongomyniad by the collar of her shirt and held her, forming barriers around the two of them. "Worry not... This will end... rather quickly..."

The knight was consumed by Masayoshi's light attacks as Rory simply stopped attacking, the knight not being that visibly damaged but his hesitant movements along with Masayoshi's light attacks forcing it to its knees, scanning the group through the veil of darkness that covered its helm.

"It... You don't... want to fight, right...?" Rory asked, walking up to the knight.

"ARGhHG!-" The knight let out a corrupted shriek and slashed its sword through the air, both unable to control its movements completely but also unable to properly articulate any words, broken and battered by the forces of corruption that had long since consumed his honorable blade in darkness.

"A..rg...AGHRHH!!-"

"Uh, what do we do...?" Rory asked the group, wanting their opinion.

"...I see, then." The man said, planting his trident into the ground. "My name is Poseidon of Atlantis. If you all hail from a foreign land as you say, then what do you here?" Poseidon asked.

"...We were... Separated from our group..." Gabriel murmured, still on guard.

Masayoshi sighed, walking towards the man, but away from the reach of his blade. She subtly gestured her hand, chains beginning to wrap around the being now that it was on its knees.

"...can we purify him somehow? Perhaps if we apply enough light magic, we could remove the corruption from his body" Masayoshi suggested.

Lance nodded.

"We currently aren't sure where we are. Do you know the name of this island?" He said.

Back