• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"...what the hell..." David muttered. Nearly stopping as he examined the factory around them. He couldn't help but feel unnerved by the entire place. The smell of blood, in particular putting him on guard. He glanced at Gabriel, realizing that this place must have a massive amount of negative emotions in it, based on her reaction.

Lance tried his best to ignore the sight before him, focusing on following the guide as he covered his nose to avoid the smell.

"Now, here's a few things you need to know!-" Before the man could finish his sentence his head was removed from his neck by a mechanical soldier covered in infection and rust.

"That happens!" The voice of the man then rang out from the soldier a few moments later, the man seeming to have taken it over through his infection, his corpse dissipating into black goo.

"Yeah, you sometimes get attacked randomly by the insane around here." He said, stretching out in his new body.

"........Okay," Gabriel muttered to herself before letting out a light scream as another mechanical soldier tried attacking her, batting the thing away from her with her wings.

"Blegh.." Gabriel said, wiping some black goo off of her wings before retracting them.

"He doesn't." The man said, dodging an attack to the legs by a weird spider-like machine by jumping into the air, Hank doing a flip to dodge the attack, Atalanta dodging as well, Rory finishing it off by simply cutting the thing in half.

"He usually just lets those on the lower floors fight until they drop dead." The man said, wiping some oil off his now mechanical shoulder.

Many mechanical beasts indeed tried to target Lance, in fact, they tried to target everybody really, putting them on constant guard.

"No, not really from what I've seen. The boss man is an... eccentric kind of guy. He puts the failed experiments on the bottom and leaves the successful ones on the top. Why do you think that greenskin fellow was put on the outside for you guys? He was a huge failure." The man said, dodging another attack.

Kiara groaned a little bit at this information.

"******* hell..." David muttered, annoyed that the man addressed the child they just killed as merely a failure. He swiftly turned around and grabbed one of the mechanical beasts targeting him, slamming it into the ground before it could attack him.

"...doesn't it bother you? All the ****** up experiment your boss does" David asked.

Lance amplified his sword with Metatron's power, before slashing at the beast's that came too close to him, cleaving them in two.

(I was ironically sorta already pondering this ngl. Not just in this arc, too. I've always been pondering whether or not I should put that in any of the arcs so far lol.)
(It's a joke but honestly, nah. Any tentacles that pop up should be like Absalom's awhile back, strictly for combat, would get pretty weird with a pregnant woman and a few thousand year-old Archangel that happens to generally take the form of like, a 9-year old)

"Why would it bother me?" The man asked as they continued to move up the stairs while constantly battling mechanical monsters, their numbers growing as they climbed up the tower.
"...nevermind" David said wearily. Kicking a nearby mechanical beast down the stairs as it tried to attack him.

"...Was just wondering if you felt anything for the people he experimented on."

Lance grabbed several daggers before throwing them at a group of mechanical beasts, amplifying the weapons with Metatron's power.

"I mean, I don't know these guys. What, you feel shit for people you don't know?" The man said, turning to Gabriel who threw one of the beasts into the air, destroying it with beams of light.

"Hg..." Gabriel then groaned a bit as if she was injured, but there were no visible injuries on her body.

"I mean, I don't know these guys. What, you feel shit for people you don't know?" The man said, turning to Gabriel who threw one of the beasts into the air, destroying it with beams of light.

"Hg..." Gabriel then groaned a bit as if she was injured, but there were no visible injuries on her body.

"....yeah? or I guess, I do now..." David said, shrugging.

"It justs pretty ****** up, that he's subjecting people to things like this. That green guy we fought earlier was a child. and we had to kill him...." David said.

"Well, barring the enormous clump of negative energy trying to force its way through my cranium... I'm mostly like this because absorbing the energy equivalent of a nuclear bomb while fighting on a near-constant basis does something to your body..." Gabriel said to Yharon before turning to David, then turning away at his statement.

"Thank you, but like I said I'm fine-" Gabriel said only to trip and fall, heaving a heavy sigh.

"You were saying?" Rory picked up Gabriel and carried her on her back, "We need yah, Gabriel. I'll carry you and Rhongo will defend you so get some rest." She said.

"Ugh... Fine..." Gabriel said begrudgingly as Rory carried her up the stairs.

After around an hour and 30 minutes of fighting, the group made it to the 2nd floor, which was significantly more peaceful than the first floor as the factory workers had become far more coordinated and far more machine-like, which meant they were far closer to what could be considered 'complete infected'.

"Still not there yet, though..." The man muttered to himself before leaning against an oily tree, signifying they had a chance to take a break.

Gabriel breathed heavily on Rory's back, "Gabriel you good?" Rory asked.

"Yeah, I-I'm good..." The negative emotions on this floor seemed far more potent than before, though...

(And even if we did then we'd have to abandon Zoro to the discord cause then we'd be getting shut the **** down lol.)
(Straight up. You'd get le bonked so hard your children will feel it even to the 10th generation. But realistically, I'd probably just type up the rest of Zonolo's story and have practically a novel done by the time that's over. Or that'd be the straw that breaks the camel's back and I just nope out of there, going "screw you" to my own need for consistency and continuity, concepts that seem to become more foreign as the story progresses, in my honest opinion.)

"Yeah, I'm sure, Yharon. Physically, I'll heal completely within a few hours... It's just the emotions are getting to me. I can deal with it." Gabriel said, getting off of Rory's back, her physical condition obviously improved.
David sighed.

"...Sorry ya going through that, Gabriel. Let us know if there's anything we can do" David said, sitting on the ground as he took a break.

(Straight up. You'd get le bonked so hard your children will feel it even to the 10th generation. But realistically, I'd probably just type up the rest of Zonolo's story and have practically a novel done by the time that's over. Or that'd be the straw that breaks the camel's back and I just nope out of there, going "screw you" to my own need for consistency and continuity, concepts that seem to become more foreign as the story progresses, in my honest opinion.)
(The side stories have actually pretty decent continuity when I remember it lol)

The area was quite luscious and forest-like, so Kiara and Rory sat next to each other near a large tree, although the smell of oil made it sorta hard to relax.

Meanwhile, Hank and Atalanta would go off to test weapons. Hank would test new grenade launchers or guns, and Atalanta would test her accuracy in hitting the new targets that Hank came up with, both of them seeming to have formed a 'weapon-bond' of sorts.

Gabriel then went off to lean against a rock, staring at the ring that Belial had given her when he'd left to go fight The Ultimate Evil, letting out a sigh, missing her brother even with Shalor's company, the ring serving as a sort of reminder.

David walked over to a nearby tree, though a different one the where Kiara and Rory were sitting. He leaned against it, and closed his eyes. Processing the events of the day. He recalled what the guide had asked him earlier, whether he felt things for people he didn't know. He found the man's lack of empathy unnerving, even more so considering his own prior apathy.

"....I...can't let myself become apathetic again..." David thought.

"..I can't become someone like him..."

He shook the thought out of his mind, as he began to doze off against the tree.

Lance walked away from the group and took out a cigar, idly smoking it as looked around the area.

"...how are you feeling, Metatron?" Lance asked idly.

Back