• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

The best flailed around wildly
(I'd hate to see what would happen if the worst flailed around wildly.)

Masayoshi stopped time, launching blasts of energy toward the beast, hoping to strike it before it could register what happened. At the same time, she was trying to figure out how to properly deal with the thing and stop it.

Meanwhile, the Masayoshi that returned turned in her chair to face Da Vinci.

"See? I knew you'd be fine handling things while I was away..." Masayoshi said.

David coughed up blood as he felt his bones violently shake from the impact, sending him flying a few meters. Yet he didn't stop his assault, hardening his skin, he drastically increased the flexibility of the joints in his arms, allowing them to move in a similar fashion to tentacles, before slamming them into the beast. The hardness of his skin, combined with the flexibility of his arms, made the attack akin to being hit with a steel whip as he repeatedly slammed his arms against the creature.

"...thank you Gabriel." Lance said, letting Gabriel heal him, prepared to jump back into the fight once healed.

(Thanks for pointing that out to me Zoro lol.)

"No, I'm not actually. You're getting your asses handed to you." Da Vinci said, eating some Doritos as she watched the fight.

The pain from the blows continued to enrage him, making it known that hitting the thing was a double-edged sword as it got faster and focused its attention on David as it tanked Masayoshi's blasts.

Hank attempted to attack it with grenades, only to get swatted away and caught by Atalanta who also pelted the thing with ranged attacks from afar.

"Man down," Hank said telepathically, leaning against a rock, continuing to fire grenades which continued to enrage it, making it stronger, but also making it far more clumsy.

David dashed forward, hoping to keep its attention on himself. Suddenly, the muscles in his body began to condense, coiling into themselves like a spring as he dashed towards the beast, aiming a punch towards his stomach. The moment his punch connected, he would let go of the tension of his muscles, causing them to shoot outward as his fist plunged into the creature, the additional force created by his body control allowing his strike to deal more damage.

Lance joined into the fight as well, having healed enough to resume fighting. creating a spear in his hands, he amplified it with Metatron's power, before throwing it towards the legs of the creature in an attempt to cripple it, hoping its clumsiness would make it more susceptible to his attacks.

(Thanks for pointing that out to me Zoro lol.)

"No, I'm not actually. You're getting your asses handed to you." Da Vinci said, eating some Doritos as she watched the fight.

The pain from the blows continued to enrage him, making it known that hitting the thing was a double-edged sword as it got faster and focused its attention on David as it tanked Masayoshi's blasts.

Hank attempted to attack it with grenades, only to get swatted away and caught by Atalanta who also pelted the thing with ranged attacks from afar.

"Man down," Hank said telepathically, leaning against a rock, continuing to fire grenades which continued to enrage it, making it stronger, but also making it far more clumsy.
"I mean, kind of, but it's really not the first time this has happened to our group..." Masayoshi said, "I'm sure we'll figure something out. It's like a formula, to be honest with you."

Meanwhile, Masayoshi launched an energy-infused strike with her gavel, stopping time again to give her the necessary opportunity to evade any attack the beast tried to send her way.

The more damage the group inflicted on the thing, the faster and stronger it got, but it also got less coordinated and far angrier than the moment before, falling to the ground, getting up, and doing it again, but that didn't make it easier to bring down.

Suddenly, Gabriel jumped towards it, her wings sprouting out as she released an enormous burst of kinetic energy, slamming her fist into its jaw and sending the beast flying, her face suddenly contorting in disgust.

"...!!!" Gabriel jumped back, clenching her fists.

Masayoshi constructed her energy into a large shield to block the reign of bullets.

"So what, our solution is to talk to it about its feelings?" Masayoshi said, "Actually, all our attacks are doing is making it angrier, so maybe..."

She then turned to Gabriel.

"Share the memories you saw with me..."

"Hey, sorry about hurting you earlier..." Masayoshi said telepathically, hoping to make an effort to communicate with the creature.

"Alright," Gabriel said. as she barely dodged the bullets, covering herself and Masayoshi with her wings in order to block the rest of the bullets.

The only answers that Masayoshi got were unintelligible wails and roars of pain and anger, communicating with it would clearly do no good. From the memories that Gabriel had shared, she had realized that the enormous Ork-Like beast was another infected experiment, created from the body and memories of a young child, which made it obvious why it was so clumsy and sensitive to pain.

"Done? It's pretty obvious why this thing disgusts me..." Gabriel said.

"I wasn't planning to hold back. Get your wife before she's turned into swiss-cheese." Gabriel said, unwrapping Masayoshi and dashing towards the beast, maneuvering through the bullets as best she could as the bullets miraculously bounced off her wings, Gabriel delivering another attack to the beast which knocked it back once more.

"I mean, it was worth a shot. If this place wasn't messing with my foresight as much as it is, I probably would have thought of something already..." Masayoshi said, firing off more beams of energy, "On top of that, most of my magic is practically nonexistent here, so most of my options and means of actually contributing in any form of confrontation were out of the equation the moment I sent a duplicate into this god-forsaken reject of a timeline!"

Masayoshi exhaled.

"So any other bright ideas, or are we just going to wait for the problem to magically solve itself?"

"Yeah, I'm a little frustrated, but it tends to work out in the end and invalidate all rage and complaints I have in a given moment..." Masayoshi said to Da Vinci, reclining in her seat with a relaxed expression as she turned on her music. Her eyes kind of apathetically stared at the situation. It was really weird to her that she complained about anything looking back. Every situation kind of... worked out. Maybe that was some of the narrative structure she was more fond of noticing in the past that she was starting to become aware of again? After all, she pointed out her lack of ability to contribute, meaning all that she really could do was watch at this point, right? And as she watched, she began to be reminded of why she had been apathetic in the past, and what she had begun to forget as her time in the Dream World passed...

Last edited:
"...sorry if your feeling frustrated honey." David said, maintaining his gravitational barrier.

"...The monster is durable, but it's clumsy. Maybe we could use that to our advantage. We get it angry enough, then take advantage of its lack of coordination to deal a decisive blow to one of its vitals." David said.

"...maybe that could work."
"Eh, honestly just explaining why it's not my best work..." Masayoshi said with a shrug, firing a consecutive blast of energy toward one of the creature's legs to trip it up, "Good idea, though, honey!"

Meanwhile, outside of the Lostbelt and in distant galaxies away from the others, there was a massive planet. Its circumference even dwarfed surrounding celestial bodies, planetary, stellar or otherwise, save the sun it orbited. There were vast expanses of green grass and blue waters that were crystal clear. At the epicenter of this vast world was a monumental kingdom, one that was surrounded entirely by water, with only one bridge as the means of land-bound entrance and exit. However, there were docks, allowing for sea-faring methods of coming and going throughout the outskirts of the kingdom.

genshin-impact-open-world-screenshot.jpg

However, those that had recently arrived upon this planet were a far distance away from this kingdom in the horizon, and would have to make their journey there.

"Well, this is kind of a change of pace for us..." Zonolo said, taking in the view of this planet they had landed on to explore.

"Eh, honestly just explaining why it's not my best work..." Masayoshi said with a shrug, firing a consecutive blast of energy toward one of the creature's legs to trip it up, "Good idea, though, honey!"
"Thanks, honey! Just...talk to me if ya have something on ya mind, alright?" David said, nodding at her. He used his gravity manipulation to lift up a large amount of rubble from around the battlefield, before throwing them at the beast, hoping to capitalize on Masayoshi attempting to knock it over to repeatedly slam the creature with debris.

"Masayoshi, for the love of the great Lord in Heaven, be quiet! Nobody cares!!" Gabriel shouted as the monster continued to thrash around, Masayoshi's energy blast causing it to trip and fracture the ground, its fist slamming into Gabriel who was using her wings to block the attack, only to be sent flying into David.

"Hg...!!" Gabriel let out a light scream.

"We're doing damage, but this thing is just thrashing around like a little baby... Oh, for the love of- Gabriel, is this thing a child!?" Rory shouted.

"Uh, yeah... I wasn't planning on telling anybody due to our more... Heroic Types..." Gabriel muttered, referring mostly to Kiara.

"Oh for the love of ****... That's gross..." Rory said, pelting the creature with swords.

"...that sick **** is really using children for his experiment...?" David muttered, cursing under his breath as he grabbed Gabriel before she could collide into him, placing her on the ground.

"...we oughta put it out of its misery.." he said quietly, glancing at the beast as it flailed around. Crouching, he suddenly lept forward towards the beast, waiting for Rory to finish her sword barrage before immediately slamming his claws into the beast's neck, hoping to tear into it.

"...what a cruel man..." Lance muttered, referring to Himmler. Grabbing a knife from his pocket dimension, he amplified it with Metatron's power, before throwing it towards the creature's chest.

The beast swiftly got up and jumped into the air, partially dodging the attacks and then slamming back into the ground, creating a shockwave that would serve to blow the group away as it let out an unintelligible roar of pain and agony.

Hank jumped into the fray, holding an even larger grenade launcher. "David. Gravity." Hank said to David with signs, letting the wrestler know that he wanted him to try and pin the creature down.

Gabriel immediately caught onto this, creating large threads of light to tie the beast to the ground.

The creature continued to thrash around, Kiara wrapping the beast's legs in barriers to keep it from escaping, looking away.

Hank jumped into the air, sticking the barrel of the grenade launcher into the beast's mouth as he began to load it up with dozens of grenades, "Boom." He said with signs before jumping away.

The beast cried out as the grenades exploded from within it, causing blood and guts to cover the area in a large explosion.

"......" Gabriel sighed, flapping her wings to get the blood and guts off of them.

Kiara went over behind a rock to puke.

"Oh, come on, you've seen worse, Kiara!!" Da Vinci said as he kept eating Doritos.

"...**** off, Da Vinci.. I know..." Kiara muttered.

Rory went over to help Kiara, "You good, Kiara...?" She asked her wife, a worried look on her face. Kiara nodded, letting out a smile.

"I'll be fine...! I just needed a moment..." Kiara said, wiping her mouth. "Let's keep moving. We don't have much time..." Kiara said, pushing Rory away gingerly and walking towards the tower with the rest of the group.

A few minutes later...

As the group entered the tower, they saw the man who was sweeping the area before. "Oh? You guys survived! Nice." He said, smiling as he leaned against the wall.

"You bastard..." Kiara muttered to herself.

"Oh, don't give me that look! You must know by now that everything goes, Ms. Hero..." The man said to Kiara, shrugging.

"Can I kill him?" Kiara asked telepathically.

"No, you can't kill him... As much as I'd prefer you do, we need his help to navigate through this place, regardless of how sketchy he is, babe." Rory thought.

"Ugh..." Kiara groaned in slight annoyance.

"I get it, Kiara, but we can't kill him yet. Once we get the info we need then you can vaporize him." Rory thought.

"Fine, I get it... Your right, we need him around for now." Kiara thought back.

The man began to lead the group up a flight of stairs, a trip that would swiftly reveal that the inside of the tower was far larger than the outside, the inside being akin to a factory that was constantly producing High-Frequency weapons through the work of countless infected, the smell of smoke, oil, and blood emanating through the air.

Kiara and Gabriel, especially Gabriel, were uncomfortable in this situation, the feeling of distress in the air making Gabriel slightly gag.

"Ugh..." Gabriel leaned into Kiara to ease her distress, simply letting out a sigh. She thought of simply pestering the man for information, but decided against it.

Back