• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"I don't care about you're coward of a wife, David, nor was I going to stop you from leaving. If anything, you should be the one giving her a pep talk. To show her the way for once in you're failing marriage." Metatron said.

"Because trust me on this... When my contractor, Lance Lafayette, a coward, the most unattractive sniveling idiot on the face of the EARTH, has more drive than you're wife, something is very wrong and you both need help." He said.
"....that was pretty harsh Metatron" Lance muttered.

David stared at Metatron.

"...My wife isn't a coward." David said.

"...she's...just...frustrated is all. We can...." David trailed off.

"We can figure this out together..." David said, gingerly placing his hand on Masayoshi's palm.

"...just...just leave us alone for a bit...alright?"

"So, you're showing anger about a mortal's problems? ...heh." Cullthane chuckled, floating out and staring at Masayoshi

"What a spoiled little girl. Nothing is perfect and can make the right choice every time, so you now have a choice: Sit around, do nothing, and be as useless as you claim yourself to be... or fight for your fruitless causes. You should make that choice soon." Cullthane said, now looking at david with icey amethysts for eyes
"Kick rocks, rando..." Masayoshi said.

"Then for the last time get out. Ugh... Why even associate with people you refuse to actually associate with? If you're not going to listen to criticism just- Yknow what, you want to settle down? Settle the **** down!" Metatron shouted, snapping his fingers, opening a portal which lead to a humble cabin in the grasslands, right next to a forest and some mountains.

"There's you're ******* home!! Go **** until you die for all anybody here cares! ****, my brethren died to build a future for complete imbeciles like you this is infuriating to no ******* end..." Metatron muttered.

"You wanna be alone? ******* leave and don't come back."

"I know they're right..." Masayoshi said, "But they don't understand. Ever failure, every failed vision, every miscalculation... it haunts me... I know what I'm capable of, but I also know what's at stake. I feel like I can't afford to make mistakes. It's not like I don't see what's wrong when I make mistakes, even when I made that one mistake with you... Honestly, you're lucky if you don't remember that, because I never forgot it. I got upset. I got bitter. It was almost like I shut everyone out but you... I know there were areas where I could have done better, and clearly there still are because I keep failing so much...."

Masayoshi stood up, looking away from David and onto the training she was doing alongside Salem and Michaela against Viskunnar.

"But it takes time for me to process it all... Ironic, right? It hurts worse than I think they recognize... I've actually tried to apply all the feedback I've gotten, but I'm still not good enough... You notice how I asked Metatron to think of anything meaningful or significant I accomplished and he just told me to get over myself? I did. I'm improving my abilities, I guess, but it feels like I'm getting nowhere... I'm pushing, and getting over failures, but every time I'm over one, I fail worse, and then have to get over that one..."

Masayoshi looked back to David.

"It's like I'm cursed."

"I know they're right..." Masayoshi said, "But they don't understand. Ever failure, every failed vision, every miscalculation... it haunts me... I know what I'm capable of, but I also know what's at stake. I feel like I can't afford to make mistakes. It's not like I don't see what's wrong when I make mistakes, even when I made that one mistake with you... Honestly, you're lucky if you don't remember that, because I never forgot it. I got upset. I got bitter. It was almost like I shut everyone out but you... I know there were areas where I could have done better, and clearly there still are because I keep failing so much...."

Masayoshi stood up, looking away from David and onto the training she was doing alongside Salem and Michaela against Viskunnar.

"But it takes time for me to process it all... Ironic, right? It hurts worse than I think they recognize... I've actually tried to apply all the feedback I've gotten, but I'm still not good enough... You notice how I asked Metatron to think of anything meaningful or significant I accomplished and he just told me to get over myself? I did. I'm improving my abilities, I guess, but it feels like I'm getting nowhere... I'm pushing, and getting over failures, but every time I'm over one, I fail worse, and then have to get over that one..."

Masayoshi looked back to David.

"It's like I'm cursed."
David stared at her for a moment.

"Masayoshi....."

He wrapped his arms around her, staring at her.

"...I'm sorry. I had no idea...this was affecting you so much.." David said softly.

"...Your smart honey. Really...really smart. That's one of the things I love about you. Sure...you make mistakes. You fail. but....that doesn't take away...how amazing you are, honey..."

"and...improving yourself...is a process. A long...long process. I...I know that from experience. But...just because you're not where you want to be...doesn't mean..you never will. Just because you fail...doesn't mean you will never succeed..." David said.

"...I can't tell you how not to fail. or how to succeed. But I can tell you this. my love. Through all of it. The failures, the success, the good times, and the bad times...I'll be there for you...every step of the way. No matter what, alright? Because you're amazing. and I will always think that."

"...What a strange reaction out of you, Metatron. Getting upset over the affairs of mere mortals...?" Gabriel said, floating over to Metatron.

"I'm simply reminded again how spoiled you people have become once the Age of Star Gods ended." Metatron said, "Reminded how what my brothers fought and died to build can simply fall down in the blink of an eye, once again. Reminded that my effort was worthless because of the whims of spoiled little brats..."

"I never knew the Angel of the Shield to be so sentimental, hah!" Tyr said, walking over to Metatron.

"Ah... Tyr. I was there when you were made, you know." Metatron said.

"Yeah, I remember you as well." Tyr said, "You really dug right into that girl, yknow? Don't you think you were being a little... insensitive? Not everyone is fixed by some pretty words."

"Then that's her problem..." Metatron said, "Dealing with imbeciles who don't know the meaning of the word determination sickens me."

"Aye, whatever you say, I guess. Ain't your contractor a mortal, though?" Tyr asked, "I thought mortals made yer guts churn."

"...**** off, Tyr." Metatron said, "You pry too much."

"I own the skies, dear. I pry into everything and nothing at the same time. I pry into the lives of every living creature that has ever touched the skies and then some, and your wings have graced my land quite a number of times, Metatron." Tyr said.

"Now tell me, do you, or do you not, think you were being insensitive?" Tyr asked.

"I won't ask again, Tyr. I can erase you from existence in the blink of an eye..." Metatron threatened.

"Aye, then you've got no guardian, then you've got no seals, then you've got trouble, Metatron," Tyr said, smiling. "Mind answering the question, Luv?"

"...No, I don't think I was being insensitive. I just think the mortals of this era require more grit..." Metatron said.

"But that ain't how mortals work, Luv. Not everyone has a heart of steel as you do. Mortals love, mortals hate, and mortals can cry and be broken. You may have lost everything, but they haven't. Don't be so insensitive, alright?" Tyr said.

"Just... **** off, Tyr." Metatron turned to weapon form, silent.

"And there he goes. He's got six wings but he acts like he just got em' yesterday. What a baby! Anyway, we've got work to do. You were asking about Surtr, right?" Tyr asked Draedon.

"Thanks, honey...." Masayoshi said, "That's actually why I wanted to talk with you, because I thought you'd understand what it's like more than anyone. I've seen you cry, I've seen your frustration, I've seen you get beat down and get back up, and I've seen all of that progress it took for you to be better... I just wish it didn't have to be that long...."

"Thanks, honey...." Masayoshi said, "That's actually why I wanted to talk with you, because I thought you'd understand what it's like more than anyone. I've seen you cry, I've seen your frustration, I've seen you get beat down and get back up, and I've seen all of that progress it took for you to be better... I just wish it didn't have to be that long...."
David smiled at her.

"...You can talk to me anytime about this stuff...alright?" David said softly.

"...It can take a long time. change doesn't happen...overnight. Heck...I'm still not sure I've fully improved but..."

"...we can all change, alright? I've changed. I've improved. All that effort I put in...it...meant something. And...I think you can improve too. I know you can. and I'll support you every step of the way. Just like you supported me."

We'll become better...together."

"Thanks.... I'll try to do better, for you..." Masayoshi said.

"Wait a minute...." Gyðja Viskunnar said, hearing the conversation, "You've been holding on to your failures this entire time, and you've been beating yourself over the mistakes you've made, right?"

"Yeah, I know-"

"That's why you're failing to get the right future to come to pass..." The Goddess of Wisdom explained, "Subconsciously, you've begun to start expecting yourself to fail. That affects your ability to manipulate probability because a part of you is actively working against you. You start expecting failure while warping probability, you're going to be more likely to get that as a result."

"And so every time I held on to a failure...."

"You made that negative influence more potent, resulting in worse and worse failures..." Gyðja Viskunnar chimed back in, "The problem isn't the ability, the problem is the way you deal with failure. You wanted to make progress faster, right? Use what I just told you as motivation...."

"How do you know all this?" Masayoshi asked.

"Because I'm the Goddess of Wisdom... But, wisdom is often acquired the hard way. I didn't beat Valdagyðja on my first attempt. I fought 14 times prior. Every loss began to make me expect defeat, and I continued to lose... 13 more times."

"Then how'd you get over it?"

"I recognized that the common factor between my successes and failures is me... If that's how it's going to be, then I was going to do literally everything in my power to try and succeed. And I did. You have to get rid of the part of you that's telling you that you're cursed and doomed for failure. Let that voice get loud enough and it'll always be right..."

"Correct. I asked about his weaknesses. It would assist future operations, namely the singularities, to know them." Draedon said with Cullthane simply looking on at Tyr, an unreadable emotion in his purple eyes
"Hah! Well, one of that old fart's weaknesses is well... The Ouranós Blossom itself. Well, to be more precise, a variant of it that grows in Niflheim. Yknow, Norse underworld and all that. Some call it Helheim, though." Tyr said.

"It's sort of like Baldur and mistletoe, yknow? Baldur got killed by mistletoe, and Surtr gets killed by... Uh, what was it called? Uhhhh...." Tyr rubbed her head, trying to think.

"I uh... Don't seem to remember." Tyr said, shrugging.

"Thanks.... I'll try to do better, for you..." Masayoshi said.

"Wait a minute...." Gyðja Viskunnar said, hearing the conversation, "You've been holding on to your failures this entire time, and you've been beating yourself over the mistakes you've made, right?"

"Yeah, I know-"

"That's why you're failing to get the right future to come to pass..." The Goddess of Wisdom explained, "Subconsciously, you've begun to start expecting yourself to fail. That affects your ability to manipulate probability because a part of you is actively working against you. You start expecting failure while warping probability, you're going to be more likely to get that as a result."

"And so every time I held on to a failure...."

"You made that negative influence more potent, resulting in worse and worse failures..." Gyðja Viskunnar chimed back in, "The problem isn't the ability, the problem is the way you deal with failure. You wanted to make progress faster, right? Use what I just told you as motivation...."

"How do you know all this?" Masayoshi asked.

"Because I'm the Goddess of Wisdom... But, wisdom is often acquired the hard way. I didn't beat Valdagyðja on my first attempt. I fought 14 times prior. Every loss began to make me expect defeat, and I continued to lose... 13 more times."

"Then how'd you get over it?"

"I recognized that the common factor between my successes and failures is me... If that's how it's going to be, then I was going to do literally everything in my power to try and succeed. And I did. You have to get rid of the part of you that's telling you that you're cursed and doomed for failure. Let that voice get loud enough and it'll always be right..."

"...The Wisdom Goddess is right, my love" David said, gingerly holding her hand.

"I fell into something similar when I tried to improve. For a while...I thought I couldn't change. that I'd always remain the useless, dumbass that I thought I was. That was all I thought I could be."

"...you can't improve with an attitude like that. Ya just can't. I stumbled, I make tons of mistakes, I failed...many, many times..."

"but...I've tried to move past them. Tried to...use them as motivation to improve, instead of beating myself up about them..."

"...sometimes...I forgot that...like I did today, with my talk with Metatron. But....

"you can't improve when your attitude...is self-defeating."

"Hah! Well, one of that old fart's weaknesses is well... The Ouranós Blossom itself. Well, to be more precise, a variant of it that grows in Niflheim. Yknow, Norse underworld and all that. Some call it Helheim, though." Tyr said.

"It's sort of like Baldur and mistletoe, yknow? Baldur got killed by mistletoe, and Surtr gets killed by... Uh, what was it called? Uhhhh...." Tyr rubbed her head, trying to think.

"I uh... Don't seem to remember." Tyr said, shrugging.
"Bloody hellfire. Well, now we have to hope that we can actually get to that place from Greece of all places... but I assume hades... both the individual and the place could be some help with that. By the way you are being stared at." Draedon said

"...The Wisdom Goddess is right, my love" David said, gingerly holding her hand.

"I fell into something similar when I tried to improve. For a while...I thought I couldn't change. that I'd always remain the useless, dumbass that I thought I was. That was all I thought I could be."

"...you can't improve with an attitude like that. Ya just can't. I stumbled, I make tons of mistakes, I failed...many, many times..."

"but...I've tried to move past them. Tried to...use them as motivation to improve, instead of beating myself up about them..."

"...sometimes...I forgot that...like I did today, with my talk with Metatron. But....

"you can't improve when your attitude...is self-defeating."
"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. Both of you. I'm sorry..." Masayoshi said, "I need to do better... I am cursed in a way, but the only one who can break it is me... That sounded way less cheesy in my head..."

Masayoshi broke out into a small laugh over it. She was starting to feel better, and probably starting to get over herself.

"Don't worry about it..." Gyðja Viskunnar answered, "Now, I think my work here is done. Let's see how you're holding up against Viskunnar there..."

David laughed, kissing Masayoshi on the cheek.

"...Cheesy or not, I love it, honey. I'm glad talking to us helped" David said.

He ran his hand through his hair, hesitating, before speaking.

"...After this...training you're doing with Viskunnar..." David said, glancing at the battle in front of them.

"...what do you plan to do? Are you going to stay with the group?" David asked, looking back towards her.

"Whatever you choose, I'll be there for you honey."

David laughed, kissing Masayoshi on the cheek.

"...Cheesy or not, I love it, honey. I'm glad talking to us helped" David said.

He ran his hand through his hair, hesitating, before speaking.

"...After this...training you're doing with Viskunnar..." David said, glancing at the battle in front of them.

"...what do you plan to do? Are you going to stay with the group?" David asked, looking back towards her.

"Whatever you choose, I'll be there for you honey."
"What do you mean after the training? There's no time here, so it's neither before, after, or during this conversation. It's just... happening..." Masayoshi explained, "But I think I'm going to need to speak with them about all of this. From there, I don't know..."

"Oh yeah!" David chuckled.

"This...time stuff can get confusing sometimes, my bad."

David glanced at her.

"....there might be some...bad blood. with you and some of the group....after what happened." David said, scratching his head.

"...They may not immediately understand...or accept your words...but...I think talking to them would be good, if that's what you want to do.." David said, nodding at her.

"I know. I'm not expecting apologies or forgiveness from them. It doesn't take future sight to know that any of those things are going to take a while to get and a lot of work on my end to get them..." Masayoshi said, "But, I can give them perspective, an explanation, and motive..."

Masayoshi opened a portal back to where they were before. She exhaled, relieving herself of some stress before walking through it.

Back