• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"You could do all that.... Oooooorrrrrr, I can help!" A cheerful female voice called out.

"A new character, yay..." Gabriel said, sighing.

"Don't be like that, Lil' miss!" The female voice said, clouds conjoining together to form the shape of a person.

05301240b14aacebc60ad97840faf5f5.jpg

The woman held an enormous gun, or was it a spear? Actually, nobody knew what it was, but it was a weapon and it was cool.

"Tha' name is Tyr, guardian of the Sacred Blossom of Sky, don't wear it out, here's my business card." The woman who called herself Tyr said, throwing a business card at David's face.

“Oh….uh…thanks” David muttered, catching the card. He had no where to put it, since he was only wearing a loincloth, so he just held it in his hands.

“…so your a guardian of this place? Like uh…like Lamia, the fish girl. Do know her?” David asked, remembering that she guarded the water flower thing.

“Oh….uh…thanks” David muttered, catching the card. He had no where to put it, since he was only wearing a loincloth, so he just held it in his hands.

“…so your a guardian of this place? Like uh…like Lamia, the fish girl. Do know her?” David asked, remembering that she guarded the water flower thing.
"That one? Ohhhh, I know her, daughter of Poseidon, right? Strong as hell, that one!" Tyr said, "Also you need pants."

Tyr then responded to Draedon, "You get 20 questions! Final offer!"

"That one? Ohhhh, I know her, daughter of Poseidon, right? Strong as hell, that one!" Tyr said, "Also you need pants."

Tyr then responded to Draedon, "You get 20 questions! Final offer!"
"Yeah....I was gonna get some...but then this whole thing happened with Diablo...and it's really hard to find pants because I'm like...3 meters tall now..." David trailed off, embarrassed.

"...anyway....uh, your here to help right? do you know how to defeat Diablo?" David asked.

Masayoshi sighed, clearly her abilities weren't working as well as she thought they would. She desynchronized, the aura dissipating as she turned around.

"Oh well, worth a shot..." Masayoshi said, "Let's go, David. Our work is done here."
"Oh...." David said. he glanced at Masayoshi, surprise visible on his face.

"...Where do you want to go, honey...?" David asked.

"Just follow me, honey..." Masayoshi said, opening a portal to the dimension where she was seen fighting Viskunnar alongside Michaela and Salem. But wait, that was in the past, and the real Masayoshi was with him, yet she was also still in this fight?
David glanced at her.

"...Alright honey...I'd follow you anywhere..." David said, smiling. he gingerly stepped into the portal, he had no idea what was going on, but trusted her completely.

"I just feel... useless..." Masayoshi said, "I knew the plan would fail as soon as she showed up... Every future I saw where I failed, there she was..."

Masayoshi hovered, crossing her legs and showing an expression full of frustration. Clearly, she was bothered by the whole thing.

"I just feel... useless..." Masayoshi said, "I knew the plan would fail as soon as she showed up... Every future I saw where I failed, there she was..."

Masayoshi hovered, crossing her legs and showing an expression full of frustration. Clearly, she was bothered by the whole thing.
David sighed, glancing at Masayoshi.

"I'm sorry your plan didn't work out honey..." David said, hugging her as she hovered.

"but...if she can help stop Diablo...then that's a good thing, right? Even if your plan doesn't work...maybe we can still defeat him.."

"She does. There isn't a question about that..." Masayoshi said, "But that got me thinking... if we really don't have that much of an impact in protecting this world, why not just quit while we're ahead? We've trained and grown stronger for what? To not have any impact at all? Why are we even here? The only thing of this that's had any meaning is my time with you..."

"She does. There isn't a question about that..." Masayoshi said, "But that got me thinking... if we really don't have that much of an impact in protecting this world, why not just quit while we're ahead? We've trained and grown stronger for what? To not have any impact at all? Why are we even here? The only thing of this that's had any meaning is my time with you..."
David stared at her.

"...I've had...similar thoughts, Masayoshi" David said, sitting down below her, glancing at the sky.

"....I spent...millions of years...training to grow stronger. Went through agonizing hell..."

"...but...why? what for? Even with my strength...when faced with threats like Diablo I'm...."

"....nothing."

"....That's one of the reasons...I've been thinking...of just leaving this whole thing behind. Just...settling down with you. Starting a family...."

"...wouldn't that be nice?"

"OK. Are you guys done, then?" Metatron said, "If you want to start a family go breed like rabbits for all I care, you're species is already on the brink of mass extinction in both worlds so that'd help. Nobody needs two people who aren't committed to anything but being small little apes who don't understand the impact they've made on the world and the people in it. Honestly, when you humans actually attain power and become heroes you always opt to give it up upon getting it... So freaking foolish." Metatron said.

"Go away..." Masayoshi said to Metatron, "Actually, if you can name one significant thing I've done, you can stay a bit longer. And before you go to the time I took out a Calamity early one, it really didn't even matter in the grand scheme of things. It was just one out of the countless number that are essentially canon fodder now..."

"What impact, Metatron?" David asked, glancing at the angel.

"the impact when I slaughtered an entire desert? Because yeah, that was big ******* impact..." David said.

"...the impact when I got put into a coma by Dante? The impact where I failed to save a single goddamn person in Emerald city? The impact when I nearly sentenced a whole ******* island to die when I refused to take the ******* flower? The impact when I left Shalor to fend for himself in the ******* singularity? Oh, or was it the impact where I made everyone I care about hate me? Everyone except her" David said.

"...honestly, it's been so ******* long, I don't remember why I became a hero in the first place." David muttered.

"One, Masayoshi, that's literally you're ******* fault for being so obsessed with training that you don't take the time to actually engage in the story. Shut up and drink piss." Metatron said.

"Also, David, you've saved the universe from various threats and you've been an inspiration to countless people throughout the Dream World. You've inspired Kiara, after all." Metatron said, "Or are you purposely ignoring your own significance because you want to be a damsel in distress?"

"One, Masayoshi, that's literally you're ******* fault for being so obsessed with training that you don't take the time to actually engage in the story. Shut up and drink piss." Metatron said.

"Also, David, you've saved the universe from various threats and you've been an inspiration to countless people throughout the Dream World. You've inspired Kiara, after all." Metatron said, "Or are you purposely ignoring your own significance because you want to be a damsel in distress?"
".....what?"

"....I didn't inspire Kiara...., she...she decided to be a hero by herself...and she's a damn good one." David said, his frustration turning into confusion.

"...and I haven't saved the universe. I've...I've just been on the same team of people who saved the universe. All I did...was get beaten up until someone stepped in...I...I haven't saved the universe from anything..." David said.

"Yeah, because every time I do engage, my efforts are inadequate and mean nothing..." Masayoshi said, "Believe me, I would have loved to be more involved if I felt like I had something to offer... But pretty much any time I saw something, I saw it wrong. Every call I made, wrong. Honestly, I find it hilarious that someone I don't think I've ever even breathed in the direction of would be trying to tell me how useful I am."

".....what?"

"....I didn't inspire Kiara...., she...she decided to be a hero by herself...and she's a damn good one." David said, his frustration turning into confusion.

"...and I haven't saved the universe. I've...I've just been on the same team of people who saved the universe. All I did...was get beaten up until someone stepped in...I...I haven't saved the universe from anything..." David said.
"Huh?" Kiara spoke up, "David, you have inspired me! What do you mean...?" She asked.

"Sure, I decided to be a hero by my own choice, but you're determination has definitely been a motivator! I mean, what kind of guy gets his shit kicked in all the time, and STILL gets up? STILL keeps fighting? David, you've probably been a huge inspiration to many Dreamers, young and old." Kiara said, smiling.

"And you want to say you were just 'on the team?' David, you're determination has led countless people to stand up. To fight for what they believe is right. That strength that you've risked your life to cultivate has inspired people just like you to rise up to the occasion more than you could possibly know. Planet's, solar systems, and even galaxies have stood up just like you, because of you." Metatron said, crossing his arms.

"You're the invincible King Tiger, right? Or are you the vulnerable King Kitten?"
"Yeah, because every time I do engage, my efforts are inadequate and mean nothing..." Masayoshi said, "Believe me, I would have loved to be more involved if I felt like I had something to offer... But pretty much any time I saw something, I saw it wrong. Every call I made, wrong. Honestly, I find it hilarious that someone I don't think I've ever even breathed in the direction of would be trying to tell me how useful I am."
"Chin up and taste the Kool-aid, human. If you were actually like you're husband you'd try to fight AGAINST the odds, not follow the odds. You've done nothing because you're afraid of failing, which is all on you, as you're husband has failed countless times and he's still gotten up. As somebody who's had everything handed to her most of her freaking life, do try to refute me. Everything you get, you bring onto yourself." Metatron said.

"Honestly, you mortals are so ******* DUMB!" He shouted.

"Huh?" Kiara spoke up, "David, you have inspired me! What do you mean...?" She asked.

"Sure, I decided to be a hero by my own choice, but you're determination has definitely been a motivator! I mean, what kind of guy gets his shit kicked in all the time, and STILL gets up? STILL keeps fighting? David, you've probably been a huge inspiration to many Dreamers, young and old." Kiara said, smiling.

"And you want to say you were just 'on the team?' David, you're determination has led countless people to stand up. To fight for what they believe is right. That strength that you've risked your life to cultivate has inspired people just like you to rise up to the occasion more than you could possibly know. Planet's, solar systems, and even galaxies have stood up just like you, because of you." Metatron said, crossing his arms.

"You're the invincible King Tiger, right? Or are you the vulnerable King Kitten?"

"Chin up and taste the Kool-aid, human. If you were actually like you're husband you'd try to fight AGAINST the odds, not follow the odds. You've done nothing because you're afraid of failing, which is all on you, as you're husband has failed countless times and he's still gotten up. As somebody who's had everything handed to her most of her freaking life, do try to refute me. Everything you get, you bring onto yourself." Metatron said.

"Honestly, you mortals are so ******* DUMB!" He shouted.
"I have tried, but I can't change the future. Clearly I've tried, but I can't. Go away..." Masayoshi said.

David stared at her.

"....really...?" David muttered. his confusion only grew.

"...I...I inspired you...?" David continued to stare at her. He had a great amount of respect for Kiara, even after he stopped calling himself a hero. Her determination, her compassion., her strength..she was everything he thought a hero should be. and...he inspired her?

"...I've inspired people...." David repeated staring at the sky.

His apathy, which had been hanging around him like a cloud, shifted. For millions of years, he'd been by himself. He'd been gone for so long...he'd forgotten what being a hero even meant.

"To inspire others...to stand up for themselves...and for what is right..." David thought.

"......."

"...I'd....forgotten that..." David said.

"....thanks...Kiara...Metatron. I...appreciate you...for reminding me. For showing me that I haven't all of this for nothing.." David said. He flashed them a weak smile.

"I...I should keep fighting...the King Tiger should keep fighting."

"...but...let me and my wife be alone...for a while. I think she doesn't want a pep talk..." David said. glancing at Masayoshi.

"I don't care about you're coward of a wife, David, nor was I going to stop you from leaving. If anything, you should be the one giving her a pep talk. To show her the way for once in you're failing marriage." Metatron said.

"Because trust me on this... When my contractor, Lance Lafayette, a coward, the most unattractive sniveling idiot on the face of the EARTH, has more drive than you're wife, something is very wrong and you both need help." He said.

"So, you're showing anger about a mortal's problems? ...heh." Cullthane chuckled, floating out and staring at Masayoshi

"What a spoiled little girl. Nothing is perfect and can make the right choice every time, so you now have a choice: Sit around, do nothing, and be as useless as you claim yourself to be... or fight for your fruitless causes. You should make that choice soon." Cullthane said, now looking at david with icey amethysts for eyes

Back