• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

The attack went right through Draedon, causing him to speak in a near-mocking tone "Oh, did you really think I went there personally? Plus I cannot eat, although you always did love fighting for something or another, Rory the 6th; Rory for short."

"Apollo, focus your next attack on Rory." Draedon said, the green eye circling Rory with attacks that came dangerously close to blitzing her

Sword casually dodged the attacks, minor scratches appearing on her face and neck. Even when she was hit in any severe areas, she didn't seem to be bothered by it. Instead, she continued to drag the beast while also dodging Apollo's attacks.

"Rory, huh... That's a familiar sound." Sword thought to herself as she waited for Punch to follow along with her.

Sword casually dodged the attacks, minor scratches appearing on her face and neck. Even when she was hit in any severe areas, she didn't seem to be bothered by it. Instead, she continued to drag the beast while also dodging Apollo's attacks.

"Rory, huh... That's a familiar sound." Sword thought to herself as she waited for Punch to follow along with her.

"Alright uh. This guy's an asshole, and we can't beat him, since he didn't send his body here." Punch said, shaking his head.

"...I ain't doing this"

He began sprinting on all four limbs, running alongside Sword as she dragged the beast.

"Alright uh. This guy's an asshole, and we can't beat him, since he didn't send his body here." Punch said, shaking his head.

"...I ain't doing this"

He began sprinting on all four limbs, running alongside Sword as she dragged the beast.
"That was pretty much my thought as well. Someone is probably gonna come and get rid of him soon, anyway." Sword said, shrugging. "By the way, why are you running on all fours...?"

"Your skill hasn't diminished in the slightest, you progress more quickly against tougher challenges, so let's up the anti a bit." Draedon said, a destructive grayish mechanical worm bursting from the ground, there was clearly no escaping from the fight t this point, the orange eye sending a dome of attacks around the duo, harmless to the beast but damaging Punch and Sword, Draedon mysteriously disappearing from view, it was clear that the machines would be able to feed them for a long time, in fact they seemed to be overwhelming their own bodies, making them easier to eat, but also increasing their speed and strength considerably

"That was pretty much my thought as well. Someone is probably gonna come and get rid of him soon, anyway." Sword said, shrugging. "By the way, why are you running on all fours...?"
"It's a cool trick I learned," Punch said, shrugging.

" I can like, propel myself faster when I slam all my limbs against the ground repeatedly. It's like crawling, but like, theirs something extra to it. It's weird." Punch said, not knowing that he was slowly developing an entirely new ability.

Last edited:
"Okay."

Sword casually placed her hand on the worm, not even concentrating on the eye that was pelting attacks towards them. It was the arm that she held her blade with... Well, held was a strong word. If anything, the sword itself had become part of her arm through countless years of swinging it.

"Freeze."

Suddenly, ice completely encased the worm and the eye in an instant. A pillar of ice was formed that shot into the sky at an alarming rate, consuming the area around them in nothing but a few moments.

"Shatter."

The worm and the eye violently shattered, releasing a shockwave that sent ripples into the Earth below them, violently destroying the ground beneath them as a weird aura flickered around Sword for a brief moment as she turned to Punch.

"Uh, I can do that. Cool, right?" She said as she followed along with him, pretty much dropping the beast she was dragging.

The worms pieces attracted to the beast, piling onto it and increasing its mass considerably, latching onto Ror- I mean Sword's Sword arm, dragging itself with them

"Are you seriously testing if you can get Rory drunk now?" A dark mechanical figure asked Draedon

"Yes, she won't be killed here either way, both through the sheer amount of plot armor and the fact she's way too hard to kill." Draedon responded

Sword then tore off her arm because it isn't like it won't regenerate just as it was, and it did.

Soon, Sword and Punch set up camp somewhere, both of them proceeding to flat out ignore Draedon as Sword started a fire, night soon falling upon them.

"That was weird. Whatever." Sword said as she began to prepare stew with whatever meat she had left.

"Eat fast. The next wave should be coming soon... Wave... 280 billion I think? Or was 281?" She said to Punch.

The worm machine pieces had snuck into the stew, imbuing Draedon's concoction into the meat, the drunkening effect being barely effective on Sword, and not being effective at all on Punch because, ya know, it was designed to get through Sword's Immunity to poisons and getting drunk lol

Sword then tore off her arm because it isn't like it won't regenerate just as it was, and it did.

Soon, Sword and Punch set up camp somewhere, both of them proceeding to flat out ignore Draedon as Sword started a fire, night soon falling upon them.

"That was weird. Whatever." Sword said as she began to prepare stew with whatever meat she had left.

"Eat fast. The next wave should be coming soon... Wave... 280 billion I think? Or was 281?" She said to Punch.
Punch nodded.

"Yeah, don't know what that was about." Punch shrugged. eagerly slurping the stew that Sword had made.

"Well whatever, hope the next wave has good tasting meat" He shrugged. As he ate, something strange happened to his body, the kinetic energy he was producing was being...absorbed. back into his body somehow. Punch himself didn't realize it, but he had somehow learned to absorb and release the kinetic energy he produced, which he had used to boost his speed while he was running on all fours.

"Yeah, we'll see."

For the next 10,000 years, Sword and Punch would continue to fight through the endless wave of calamities that came towards them while ignoring Draedon, each one stronger than the last. Through these waves, the Goddess Cleaver eventually completely fused with Sword's body, some thoughts swirling within her head.

"Hey, Punch..." Sword turned to Punch, wiping some blood off of her face. Throughout the years she'd also fashioned a small eyepatch for her missing eye socket.

"Uh... Do you know a woman named... Uh, Gabriel? I think that's what her name was... She looks like a small child, and she has a halo and wings." Sword said.

"Yeah, we'll see."

For the next 10,000 years, Sword and Punch would continue to fight through the endless wave of calamities that came towards them while ignoring Draedon, each one stronger than the last. Through these waves, the Goddess Cleaver eventually completely fused with Sword's body, some thoughts swirling within her head.

"Hey, Punch..." Sword turned to Punch, wiping some blood off of her face. Throughout the years she'd also fashioned a small eyepatch for her missing eye socket.

"Uh... Do you know a woman named... Uh, Gabriel? I think that's what her name was... She looks like a small child, and she has a halo and wings." Sword said.
By the 10,000 year mark. Punch had mastered his ability to control kinetic energy, implementing it into his fighting style, along with many other abilities he had picked up during their fights. His muscles had continued to develop, though in the same, condensed way they have thousands of years prior, making him look slightly skinnier than when he had arrived, despite the sheer amount of muscle mass he was developing far surpassing anything he had previously.

He glanced up at Sword, putting down the corpse he was eating.

".......huh...." Punch said, scratching his head.

"A halo and wings...that would make her an angel...or something..." Punch thought.

"....a little angel kid huh..." Punch muttered.

"...that sounds....a bit...familiar. Like.....I think I met an angel before....a long time ago...maybe?" Punch said.

"why do you ask?"

By the 10,000 year mark. Punch had mastered his ability to control kinetic energy, implementing it into his fighting style, along with many other abilities he had picked up during their fights. His muscles had continued to develop, though in the same, condensed way they have thousands of years prior, making him look slightly skinnier than when he had arrived, despite the sheer amount of muscle mass he was developing far surpassing anything he had previously.

He glanced up at Sword, putting down the corpse he was eating.

".......huh...." Punch said, scratching his head.

"....a little angel kid huh..." Punch muttered.

"...that sounds....a bit...familiar. Like.....I think I met an angel before....a long time ago...maybe?" Punch said.

"why do you ask?"
"I guess... I'm starting to remember some people. Maybe they were people that we both knew before we came to this place?" Sword said.

"Maybe... Maybe we knew each other before we came to this place?" Sword said, rubbing her chin.

"I guess... I'm starting to remember some people. Maybe they were people that we both knew before we came to this place?" Sword said.

"Maybe... Maybe we knew each other before we come to this place?" Sword said, rubbing her chin.
"....ya think so...?" Punch asked glancing at her.

".....that's weird. We came here...separately right? I wonder why it took us so long to meet up, if we did know each other" Punch said.

"....ya think so...?" Punch asked glancing at her.

".....that's weird. We came here...separately right? I wonder why it took us so long to meet up, if we did know each other" Punch said.
"I think we did. And if we knew each other, it isn't illogical to think that we got separated. Remember when we met? I don't really remember, but your speech definitely wasn't as cohesive as it was now. I was only as cohesive as I was because the Goddess Cleaver was... telling me stuff." Sword said.

"I guess we both went insane for a period of time."

"....I guess you're right, Sword" Punch said, nodding slowly. He remembered, vaguely, the years he had spent going insane, his vicious, animal-like behavior.

"Yeah...Yeah that does make sense"

"....who else is your sword telling you about? Or is it just....Gabriel?" Punch asked.
"It's telling me a lot of stuff..." Sword said. She also remembered the past. During such a time, the only thing that crossed her mind was fighting. All she wanted to do was get stronger. Getting stronger... Was that why she came here?

"It's telling me about lots of stuff... A woman named Pandora... A man... K-Kill something... Kill... Gay...? No No, that isn't it... Kill... Gai... a... Gaia... Kill something... Kill-Gaia..." Suddenly, Sword gripped her head as pain shot throughout her skull.

"Ugh...! ****...!"

"It's telling me a lot of stuff..." Sword said. She also remembered the past. During such a time, the only thing that crossed her mind was fighting. All she wanted to do was get stronger. Getting stronger... Was that why she came here?

"It's telling me about lots of stuff... A woman named Pandora... A man... K-Kill something... Kill... Gay...? No No, that isn't it... Kill... Gai... a... Gaia... Kill something... Kill-Gaia..." Suddenly, Sword gripped her head as pain shot throughout her skull.

"Ugh...! ****...!"

Punch grimaced, he instinctively went on guard. As if the very act of saying that name was some kind of curse.

"....Kill...Gaia..." he muttered. His fists clenched unconsciously. For some reason, he hated that name. The very sound of it made his skin crawl. Vague, memory fragments flashed through his mind, an image of him being beaten up and bloodied on the ground inside a city, a man standing above him, laughing....an image of him in...some kind of wedding...with the same man taunting him.

"...who the **** is that...." Punch muttered. He didn't understand. He didn't understand these memories. Or why this guy was in so many of them. Or why he felt such rage towards him.

"...I know that name, Sword." Punch said scratching his head.

"but....if it brings you pain... let's stop talking about the past" Punch said.

"....Yeah...." Sword said.

She knew who that man was. She had to have known, right? He was the very reason that she existed, after all. Suddenly, memories that didn't belong to her flashed rapidly through her mind. Memories of 5 people, all women, all carrying weapons. They directed their blades towards a man with a mask.

"Your reign ends today, terror." They said to him, knowing what would come next if they defeated him.

And the man simply laughed.

They engaged him in combat valiantly. And perhaps they could've defeated him. But...

"You are going to lose everything you love." He said to Sword. But was that her name...? It was just a temporary title... Her real name was... Her real purpose was...

"I'm going to sleep." Sword said, "I remember things. But my head is... hazy. Extremely so. I feel like I'm being stabbed, so I'm going to sleep." She took a blanket that she fashioned from the fur of a demonic boar and turned away from Punch, laying down.

"Wake me up when the next wave comes."

Punch nodded, standing up and leaning against a nearby tree, standing guard as she slept.

"....Kill Gaia..." He thought to himself.

"......" He thought back to the wedding he had remembered. Kill Gaia was there, but... there were others.

"....I married...someone...didn't I..." Punch thought.

"....it was the beautiful women right...? The one whose face I never forgot...What was her name...." Punch muttered. He couldn't remember, and the idea that he couldn't remember frustrated him.

"...and...who were the other people there...?" Punch muttered.

"...If Sword knew me...she might have been at the wedding right....and that child....Gabriel...she could've been there too...right?" Punch muttered. He tried to think back to the memory, but all of the faces in his memory were too blurry to make out.

Punch sighed.

he continued to lean against the tree, watching for the incoming wave, still deep in thought.

For the next 300 years, Sword would regularly meditate whenever she got the chance. Her focus could not be broken by any physical stimuli or mental stimuli, and she didn't react to any sounds within this state. She sat there, seeming to be gathering some form of energy, but Punch couldn't tell what it was...

During those 300 years, Punch had continued to fight by Sword's side, standing guard while she meditated while continuing to fight once the waves arrived. He had no idea what Sword was doing, but understood that Sword likely wouldn't waste time during something unimportant.

Punch would occasionally participate in his own form of meditation. he would simply stand still and feel the world around him. Not thinking about the past, or the future, simply living in the moment, enjoying what little pleasure that could be derived from such a harsh land. It was calming. And helped him further hone his senses in this dangerous environment. The constant need to be alert of incoming Demons had prompted him to develop the ability to see all around him, even in places his eyes couldn't reach normally. His 360 degrees of vision having protected him many times from being ambushed during this time.

"Gather the energy around your stomach..." Sword thought to herself as the chaos of the monster waves swirled around her.

"Build it up very slowly... Slowly..." She felt as if she was in some sort of frozen tundra, but she didn't know what this meant. Why ice? And why did it feel so... peaceful? Perhaps it was meant to symbolize her personality, focused, steely and cold on the battlefield. Or maybe it was meant to contrast her with that... woman she saw in her memories. How beautiful Sword thought she was. A heart of gold, blazing determination, she shined so much that Sword that she was like... a Sun God or whatever.

"Don't focus on her." The voice said.

"...I know. But for some reason, I can't get my mind off of that woman..." Sword thought back, "I just... Wish I knew who she was. I feel like I should apologize to her." Sword thought.

"You can do that later. Now, focus on your training." The voice said.

"...But I don't want to... I want to focus on her... I want to focus on... Ki... Ki..." Sword thought back, before standing up, turning to Punch.

"Punch, you had a wife, right?"

Punch glanced at her, surprised that she had stopped meditating for the moment.

He rubbed his chin, hesitating for some reason.

"...yeah...yeah I had a wife. I remember....I remember having some kind of...wedding" Punch said, nodding.

"...I....I don't remember her name though....or....or much about her...." Punch said, sighing.

"...I think the face, that I remember, of a beautiful women....I think that was her. I think I must have...made sure that didn't forget it, I guess...:"

Punch shrugged sadly.

"....Why do you ask?"

"I had a wife too. Or maybe... I had some sort of God. Maybe I was a priest or something... Because I'm remembering a woman... And she most definitely resembles some sort of god to me. I think we had some sort of romantic relationship." Sword said.

"I had a wife too. Or maybe... I had some sort of God. Maybe I was a priest or something... Because I'm remembering a woman... And she most definitely resembles some sort of god to me. I think we had some sort of romantic relationship." Sword said.
"Never would have imagined you would be a priest." Punch said, chuckling slightly.

"....I know what you mean though. The woman I married....she must've been some kinda god or angel or something. Just thinking about her....she was perfect. Or at least...I must've thought she was perfect."

"....I wonder....why we left? Our wives, I mean...." Punch said, glancing at the sky.

"....was coming here....worth being away from them?"

"......" Punch glanced at Sword.

"....I think I wanted to change...myself." Punch said after a while.

"....Not just...to be stronger. Though that probably was a large part of it....but...maybe something else....?

"....I think maybe...I didn't like myself. So I wanted to....improve....or something weird like that" Punch said, scratching his chin.

"...coming to this hell certainly wasn't the best way to do that..." Punch chuckled.

"It was probably good for what I wanted, I guess. I've definitely gotten stronger... I'm definitely going to keep getting stronger." Sword said, leaning against a tree.

"I don't think I want to be here, though. I think I'd rather be with that woman... Whatever her name was... Ki something... Kira... I think her name was Kira. Or am I missing an a...?" Sword mumbled.

"Kira... Kira... Kira. I think her name was Kiara, yeah. What was her name? Uh, your wife, I mean." Sword asked.

"Yeah..." Sword muttered to herself as she stood up, "Yeah, I think I feel the same."

For the next 10,000 years, Sword and Punch would remain rather distant from each other. It isn't as if they didn't fight together, no they still did, without a doubt, but the social aspect of their relationship swiftly faded away as both of them gained more power. Sword began to focus more on her own goals, a weird white-ish aura surrounding her faintly whenever she fought, turning her opponents into ice whenever they came into contact with it. This sort of made it hard for them to get actual food as Sword kept turning it into ice, although it was a curious phenomenon.

"Yeah..." Sword muttered to herself as she stood up, "Yeah, I think I feel the same."

For the next 10,000 years, Sword and Punch would remain rather distant from each other. It isn't as if they didn't fight together, no they still did, without a doubt, but the social aspect of their relationship swiftly faded away as both of them gained more power. Sword began to focus more on her own goals, a weird white-ish aura surrounding her faintly whenever she fought, turning her opponents into ice whenever they came into contact with it. This sort of made it hard for them to get actual food as Sword kept turning it into ice, although it was a curious phenomenon.
Punch's body had continued to develop and refine itself during this time. Punch was now taking an active role in modifying it with his extinction dream and body control, shaping and altering it to maximize its effectiveness in combat, especially in such a harsh environment. His body was now remarkably tougher, with the oncoming demon hordes finding it harder and harder to fully pierce his flesh.

Aside from that, he also began experimenting on himself, simply altering parts of his body to test if they would make him any more effective in a confrontation. By chance, he developed the ability to sense other people's emotions by looking at them, an ability that, for some reason, reminded him of someone from his past. However since Sword was the only other person around, this ability wasn't especially useful to him.

He noticed that Sword had grown more distant, and had accepted it, not really caring overly much if they were close, as long as they watched out for each other in combat. He cared about Sword, as one would do when fighting with someone for thousand of years, but the social aspect wasn't important to him. He did find himself getting somewhat annoyed by her strange ability to freeze things on contact, but managed to drag enough corpses away from where she fought that he could still gather enough food to sustain his muscle mass.

Sword didn't particularly care about the social aspect herself if she was going, to be honest. Perhaps she just enjoyed having somebody to talk to as they would do many hundreds of years ago, but even if they didn't it wasn't that important to her. To be honest, she didn't even care if Punch was there to have her back in battle. She'd be fine either way. She needed to focus on other things either way.

Throughout the years, Sword began showing interest in blacksmithing. Now that the Goddess Cleaver had completely fused with her body, she didn't have a main weapon. Sure, she could create weapons, but those weapons didn't really feel right to her. Neither did the Goddess Cleaver if she was being honest. She needed a weapon that fit perfectly in her hand, that she could swing effortlessly. She needed a weapon that really felt as if it belonged to her, not just a strong weapon.

And so, she began to create swords out of the bones of demons she killed, seeing how they worked with her. In all the years she'd been doing it, she'd never created a blade she felt was perfect for her. Sometimes she'd go to Punch to test some of her creations on him due to his durability, and even if they did serious damage, she still wasn't happy with how they turned out for some reason.

So nowadays, when she wasn't fighting with Punch, she'd constantly make swords, hoping to find one that fit her perfectly.

Punch would occasionally glance at Sword as she made her weapons. He could see her determination, but didn't understand it. To him, all the swords she made were the same. They cut things. To Punch, who had never been one to use weapons, aside from the occasionally improvised one, he had no idea what prompted Sword to become a blacksmith. Especially when she already had such a powerful sword. But he respected it all the same. To him, it seemed like a cool hobby, and he didn't want to interrupt it by asking why she did it.

Punch had tried developing a few skills of his own, which he had become quite proficient in over the years. He had picked up the basics of cooking, and now made stew for himself and Sword nearly any chance he could. He had, through trial and error, begun to train in his own, custom-made style of martial art. Although it was rough, it was improving by the day, as Punch would constantly try out new moves to try and find what felt right for his body. He had no shortage of opponents to test his style on, which he appreciated. Outside of that, he would work on conditioning his body itself. With Sword occasionally helping out by testing her new swords on him.

Back