• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Punch grimaced, swallowing the meat he was eating as he stood up and approached her. Her appearance made his hairs stand on end. He growled slightly, but said nothing. Her appearance wasn't important. He understood what was going on.

He clenched his fist, rearing and twisting his body back, before launching a vicious punch down towards her skull. It wasn't a hit he expected to land, rather, it was a message to begin their battle.

Last edited:
Sword paid no mind to Punch's grimace. She knew that her appearance may pull a nerve... But right now, it was her ideal body. It was the body that was best suited to her.

21-211534_shinjuku-dress-saber-alter-saber-alter-shinjuku-outfit.png

She didn't know who the person she looked like was specifically, but she instinctively knew that it would bring some bad memories out of Punch. She didn't know who she was, and yet, the person was vaguely familiar to Sword. Whatever.

Sword grabbed Punch's fist, being pushed back a few meters. In an instant, Punch's entire body was surrounded in ice. His insides, his outsides, and anything in-between were completely eclipsed by ice that went far below absolute zero temperatures.

"I'll be going all out from the start."

Sword delivered a punch straight to Punch's stomach as he was completely encased in ice, sending him flying into the air and destroying a large portion of his torso if she was successful, her fists working well against her own ice.

as soon as Punch felt the Ice incase him, he suddenly released a massive burst of kinetic energy he had stored inside his body, sending Sword flying backward before she could complete her strike, simultaneously working to shatter the ice that was encasing him from both the inside and out. While Absolute Zero would normally completely shatter him, his extremely honed body, combined with its ability to constantly keep itself at peak condition, prevented it from collapsing outright after being hit by such intense cold. Gripping space itself with his hands, he forcefully pulled it towards him, instantly bringing Sword back into melee range, assuming all this was successful, he would coat his entire arm in extremely condensed gravity, before launching a quick elbow strike towards her head, completely crushing it if successful as the weight of the gravity worked in tandem with his monstrous strength.

Sword immediately ducked down as soon as he pulled her back in range, delivering another punch to his stomach which did the exact same thing. But suddenly, she delivered various punches to each and every part of her body, the effects rapidly increasing. Each and every strike was like a sharp cut, and with each strike, another would manifest in a place she didn't even hit, blades made out of pure willpower striking Punch as Sword hit him.

Punch grimaced, various gashes appearing on his body as the cuts sliced into him. It felt like he was fighting multiple sword masters at once, even though Sword wasn't even hitting him with a conventional blade.

".....She made herself into a weapon...?" Punch thought in surprise. blood spraying from various places on his body.

He used his body control to rapidly heat up his own body, vibrating his cells at high speed to produce a massive quantity of heat, which allowed him to break out of the ice. Clenching his fist, he began striking back against Sword while she was cutting him, launching a barrage of punches at her body while she was in range, all of which were covered in an extremely condensed gravitational field that would crush her skin on contact. Additionally, he sprouted dozens of willpower arms from his body, which would attempt to pummel sword alongside his physical strikes.

"....."

Various wounds would appear across Punch's body as if the invisible swords she were manifested were violently stabbing into his flesh, the inherent piercing damage of such an attack method. Sword layered her attacks with an impossible amount of power nullification and resistance negating abilities to make sure that her piercing attacks would do damage as she manifested a large pillar of ice from under Punch, slamming into his stomach, sending him flying into the air if she was successful, by default avoiding the willpower arms.

The pillar would then transform into a giant spike that would serve to pierce through Punch's torso as she clenched her fist, various other pillars forming and floating in the air.

More gashes and wounds would appear on Punches body as the swords sliced into his muscle, blood flowing freely from the cuts as he continued to be assaulted by the piercing damage of her attacks. The pillar of ice slammed into Punches stomach but he....didn't budge. His gravity rooted him in place as a large bruise began forming on his stomach from where the ice pillar had struck him. Punch raised his hand, and smashed it into the pillar of ice immediately, destroying it before it could transform into an ice spike. As he was not sent flying into the air by the attack, the willpower arms continued to assault her, launching barrage after barrage of fierce blows towards her body.

At the same time, Punch would launch a fierce kick towards Sword's torso, amplifying it with his kinetic energy, causing the resulting force to vibrate and move through her body, rupturing her internal organs and sending her flying if successful.

"Did you think... That'd be enough...?"

The pillar of ice that Punch had shattered nigh-instantly reformed as it immediately transformed into an ice-spike. Sword knew that he wasn't going to be sent flying, and thus, the lack of any knockback made it easier for the spike to pierce through his stomach if she was successful. Various willpower swords formed and cut Punch's willpower arms, the ice spike violently vibrating.

"Every single day I trained... I imagined a man. A king, I think. He specialized in manipulating fire. Fire more powerful than any other... And when I imagined him using it to melt my ice, it melted on nearly every try. I kept trying and trying until eventually, it stopped melting. It took me years, but I was capable of fending off his flames. Don't think it'd be destroyed with something as weak as this... Because that time, I was testing you out."

The ice spike then violently exploded as Sword teleported away, leaving nothing but an enormous hole in the ground where Punch was, the explosion being powerful enough to punch a hole in the dimension they stood in.

"Silver Aura..."

Suddenly, white energy swirled around Sword's body, her hair beginning to stand up.

"Weapon Arts."

An immeasurable number of silver blades manifested in the air, coated in the exact same aura that was being wrapped around Sword. From every direction, they shot down at where Punch would be, and on contact, they would explode into a glacier of ice that reached into the sky. Even if Punch somehow dodged her attack, the next explosion would without a doubt hit him.

Punch was in shambles, his body covered in wounds and ice as he was frozen solid by Sword's assault, pieces of flesh and viscera flew into the air, before being frozen solid by her assault against him. Against any other opponent, this would have been the deciding attack.

Punch used his teleportation, teleporting outside the block of ice and onto the ground several meters away. he collapsed onto what was left of his knees, breathing heavily. Her Ice could only freeze him on a physical level, due to his body's abdominal resistances, preventing him from being instantly incapacitated he was enveloped within it. Assuming this was successful, he would begin to speak.

"Fire that can melt anything? Ice that can freeze everything...? I don't give a damn.." Punch said, slowly putting his body back together. Attaching and healing lost limbs as he slowly restored himself.

"I'll craft a body that goes beyond any of that bullshit." Punch said, he breathing was labored, but...it was clear he still intended to fight.

Punch suddenly crouched onto all fours. staring At Sword. In a fraction of an instant, he manipulated his own gravity, shifting it so that he fell forward towards her. At the same time, he pushed his gravity manipulation to its limit, channeling an entire multiverses worth of gravity into his body in a split second, using this immeasurable amount of gravity to fall forward at ridiculously high speeds, far FAR faster than anything he could achieve previously, rocketing towards her before slamming into her with a fierce tackle, crushing her body on contact if successful.

"Alright then. I'll simply destroy that perfect body then."

Sword... Didn't move to dodge the attack. She planted her feet into the ground, bracing herself. What the hell was she doing? She had to have known that getting hit with such an attack would crush her body on contact. What was she thinking? But suddenly, that white energy began to surround her again.

"Silver Aura Battle Arts."

Sword lifted her leg right before Punch had gotten only an inch away from tackling her. From within her body, the mysterious energy that Sword called Silver Aura flowed through her veins, her soul, her concept, and everything in-between. The energy violently pumped throughout her body, her muscles clenching as the aura covered her entire body, coming off of her as some sort of veil. Due to this, Punch was frozen as soon as he got close to her as she lifted her leg, delivering a brutal kick to the face massively stronger than any of her previous attacks.

"So this is what it feels like..."

Her hair stood up, her leg having been completely shattered from kicking Punch with has absurd durability. She looked down at her arms, which had various bulging veins on them. Her eyes were a dim, icy yellow, just like the eyes of Rory the 7th.

"Form reconstruction."

With those words, the shattered bones in Sword's leg were instantly put back together.

"Weapon Arts."

Like she did before, she summoned an innumerable number of silver swords that flew towards Punch as she once again teleported away. This time she didn't let up, releasing a volley of swords without end.

"Explode."

Each and every one of the blades was intangible even to those who could interact with beings of abstract or non-existent nature, only being able to be touched when they made contact with their target, or if Sword allowed them to. As soon as she said that, they violently exploded like before, the glacier she previously created now rapidly expanding.

for one, brief moment...fear shot through Punch's body. Not fear of death, it was something much more primal. It was the fear prey experiences when it sees a predator. It happened the moment her eyes began to glow that eerie, yellow color. Punch, who had faced, killed, and eaten trillions of monsters during his time in the dimension....was afraid of those eyes. it was a color all too familiar to him, even if he didn't know why.

Punch's body was slammed by the stream of blades, Ice sprouting and expanding around him as he was repeatedly mutilated by the intense barrage of attacks.

But...Punch didn't give in. The body he had spent millennia honing, and his unbreakable spirit, too stubborn to submit to her volley of attacks. His reactive evolution constantly pushing his body to improve itself even further as she attacked.

He teleported out of the Ice, rapidly flying away from the volley of attacks as she continued her onslaught, if he succeeded to escape, even for a moment, he would teleport behind her before viciously slamming his broken, bruised hand against her neck, attempting to break it in one powerful strike. Should this attack be successful, he would summon a blackhole just inside her skin, which would rapidly expand in an attempt to break her apart.

Sword instantly activated her Mystic Eyes of Ouroboros, allowing for her to see a few moments into the future as soon as Punch had teleported behind her. It didn't matter either way. As her body was covered in that eerie white aura, he'd freeze as soon as he got too close to her. But when she turned around to counter-attack, she noticed the fear in his eyes.

"Huh...?"

She knew that fear. She herself had created. She remembered a certain tournament in which she had almost killed a man, instilling such fear. She remembered a time when the greatest of all curses swept through her body, forcing her to do heinous things. She remembered her... son...? Her son...? She had a son?

"Beli... al...??"

Sword's focus broke as she was hit dead-on with Punch's attack, a large portion of her neck and torso being destroyed. As soon as this happened, she teleported away as chunks of blood and flesh poured to the ground.

"Form Reconstruction...!"

Her body was then rapidly put back together. But she didn't understand. Who was Belial? Her son? "I have... a son...? His name is Belial...? Whose Belial...? My son... Where is he...? I have a wife, but why does remembering my son... hurt so much...!?" Sword thought to herself as she clenched her teeth, leaving her vulnerable for a short while.

Meanwhile, Masayoshi kept up her battle with Salem and Michaela, the three of them now having a significant amount of wounds and injuries that were thankfully starting to heal.

"Is that all you're capable of, Anri?" Salem asked.

"I could do this all day..." Masayoshi said with a smirk.

As the three prepared to continue to do battle after the very brief exchange of dialogue, a beam of white energy pierced the ground of the dimension, disrupting their movements. They turned to see Gyðja Viskunnar and... another Gyðja Viskunnar?

"What?" Salem said.

"The?" Michaela followed behind.

"Heck?" Masayoshi added.

"Impressive, is she not?" Gyðja Viskunnar asked, "She's the Masayoshi I trained and optimized for you. The one with the longer range future sight."

"I see... So what did your results conclude?" Masayoshi asked.

"Yes, I would like to know your findings on the usage of long-distance precognition..." Salem said.

"I could share that with you, but I would like to see how strong this new Masayoshi is..." Gyðja Viskunnar said, "She's not a match for me, but should be formidable enough to take on all 3 of you..."

The three Masayoshis rejuvenated themselves of all their injuries. Getting into fighting stances, they prepared to do battle with the Goddess of Wisdom's mini-me.

Meanwhile, the duplicate of Masayoshi left the dimension, awaiting David's return.... whenever that would be...

Sword instantly activated her Mystic Eyes of Ouroboros, allowing for her to see a few moments into the future as soon as Punch had teleported behind her. It didn't matter either way. As her body was covered in that eerie white aura, he'd freeze as soon as he got too close to her. But when she turned around to counter-attack, she noticed the fear in his eyes.

"Huh...?"

She knew that fear. She herself had created. She remembered a certain tournament in which she had almost killed a man, instilling such fear. She remembered a time when the greatest of all curses swept through her body, forcing her to do heinous things. She remembered her... son...? Her son...? She had a son?

"Beli... al...??"

Sword's focus broke as she was hit dead-on with Punch's attack, a large portion of her neck and torso being destroyed. As soon as this happened, she teleported away as chunks of blood and flesh poured to the ground.

"Form Reconstruction...!"

Her body was then rapidly put back together. But she didn't understand. Who was Belial? Her son? "I have... a son...? His name is Belial...? Whose Belial...? My son... Where is he...? I have a wife, but why does remembering my son... hurt so much...!?" Sword thought to herself as she clenched her teeth, leaving her vulnerable for a short while.

Punch leaped forward, letting out a howl akin to that of a wounded animal as he charged. At the last moment though...he froze.

Why did this feel...so familiar?

This fear...this desperate feeling of fighting for survival against someone like her.

An image flashed into his mind, an image of a tournament. He had lost twice in that place. Once was against his beloved, though they weren't married at the time...and once two a silver-haired woman. Someone who outstripped him in power in every way....someone who could imbue him with the same fear he was feeling now.

"....."

"... let's end this spar...Sword." Punch said bluntly, glancing at her as she clenched her teeth.

"....I think we went too far...."

Punch glanced at her for a while. and looked away. He clenched his fist.

"...****..." he muttered. Why was he giving up? Was it only because he was scared? He knew that he was unlikely to win, but that hadnt stopped him before. Besides even if he died, he wouldn't really...die. So why...?

".....Sword."

"Wait."

He clenched his fist.

"god ******* damn it." He cursed. The fear he had felt earlier still seeped into his veins.

"I'm scared. Sword." Punch said bluntly.

"Those eyes...that body...I know them from somewhere. And every time I see it...I ******* tremble..." He said, clutching his hair.

"...I...I need to face this...."

"...I need to face this...I'll ******* never recover if I don't. I won't ever change If I still have this ******* fear in my body..."

he stayed silent for a long time.

"...lets.... let's keep going...he said quietly.

"No. Hold on for a moment..." Sword stopped him.

"This body... Feels incredibly familiar. It feels as though even though it's changed, I still feel the same... I feel like I've been like this before. I know this eye and hair color, I know this skin tone, I know that... that fear..." Sword said.

"...I'm... remembering things..." Sword said, "What do you remember...?"

"No. Hold on for a moment..." Sword stopped him.

"This body... Feels incredibly familiar. It feels as though even though it's changed, I still feel the same... I feel like I've been like this before. I know this eye and hair color, I know this skin tone, I know that... that fear..." Sword said.

"...I'm... remembering things..." Sword said, "What do you remember...?"
"...****..." Punch muttered, running his hands through his hair.

"I remember....fighting against this woman"

"She was...insanely powerful. I tried to strike her....and she ripped my arm off...." Punch began rambling, sweating slightly as memories began flooding back to him. fear spreading across his body.

"She....she wore....she wore armor? She...she had this weird...******* cursed energy to her..."

"...and...and, She did this blast thing...and...and I almost died...everyone almost died...all the people I cared about..." Punch trailed off.

"and those eyes...those piercing eyes that seemed to look into your very soul..." Punch shivered.

"...****..." Punch muttered, running his hands through his hair.

"I remember....fighting against this woman"

"She was...insanely powerful. I tried to strike her....and she ripped my arm off...." Punch began rambling, sweating slightly as memories began flooding back to him. fear spreading across his body.

"She....she wore....she wore armor? She...she had this weird...******* cursed energy to her..."

"...and...and, She did this blast thing...and...and I almost died...everyone almost died...all the people I cared about..." Punch trailed off.

"and those eyes...those piercing eyes that seemed to look into your very soul..." Punch shivered.
"...7."

"...The 7th...?" Sword began to trail off.

"Rory the 7th. That's what she called herself, right...?" Sword asked.

Punch looked at her.

"....You don't act like the Rory the 7th I remember" Punch said finally.

"That....women had no speck of kindness or mercy in her heart....I would've died a long time ago if you were her...." Punch said.

"...but....you were her...." Punch muttered.

"....Rory the 7th....used this...weird...cursed energy that she had in her body. Maybe....maybe...that energy...was what caused her to act that way...? Maybe it was some kind of...mind control...?" Punch muttered.

"I mean, I guess that makes sense..." Sword said.

"I dunno. I guess I feel as if I'm her... But I'm not. Maybe she was my negative emotions, or whatever." Sword said, "And I guess this body just feels... Normal, I guess? I uh, guess in her body I was at my most powerful. I didn't mean to make you like... uncomfortable or whatever."

Punch stared at her for a moment.

"Lets continue our fight." Punch said bluntly, his muscles bulged suddenly, as he channeled power into them. He was sweating, fear still seeped into his veins, but...he took a step forward.

"I'd rather not be scared of you, Sword. You're a reliable ally, and fear like this....will only hold me back"

"...and now that I know that you were her...."

"...this is the perfect chance to face my fears....to face Rory the 7th...even if you arent her anymore"

"I know this is weird....but do you accept my challenge?" Punch said, getting into his stance.

Sword let out a sigh. "That's good then. Silver Aura Battle Arts."

Without warning, Sword covered herself in that eerie white energy as she shoved her fist directly into Punch's at untold speeds, launching him into the distance as a trail of ice was formed as he flew.

"Let's get started again."

Sword launched herself forward, swiftly catching up to Punch. She concentrated a large amount of energy into her fist before releasing a large blast of energy down at Punch that eclipsed multiple mountains, glaciers of ice beginning to consume the entire dimension.

"This power of mine isn't very orthodox for my fighting style... But I can make it orthodox." Assuming she was successful in her attack, the energy that surrounded Punch would freeze his entire body inside and out while also forming into multiple silver blades that would stab into him, which would inevitably turn him into a pin-cushion.

Unlike before, Punch let himself get launched by Sword's attack, deciding not to let his gravity root him in place as he was launched forward. He realized that if he endured every attack without moving...his reactions to them would become far too predictable.

Before Sword could catch up with him, however. Punch suddenly opened a portal behind him, swiftly entering it and teleporting above Sword moments before she launched her blast of energy. Should this be successful, he would cover his fist in a large forcefield, hoping it would prevent his arm from being frozen, before launching a powerful strike towards Sword's back, cracking her spine if successful. If this attack worked, he would immediately crack and shatter the forcefield on his hand, before launching it forward, the shards of the forcefield acting like razor-sharp projectiles that would seek to impale Sword like shards of glass.

Sword kept her Mystic Eyes active, allowing for her to see a few moments into the future. She couldn't see too far, but she saw up to the point of Punch opening his portal, letting her know his next move somewhat. She wasn't certain of where he would come from, and thus, she simply expanded the range of the energy covering her body.

With this, the forcefields that covered Punch's arms were frozen, but not his arms. The rest of his body was still hit by the freezing effects though. Sword then turned around to notice him before creating an innumerable amount of weapons that came from all directions, launching them towards Punch. In case he escaped this attack, Sword expanded the range of her precognition, allowing her to see up to a minute into the future with some moderate damage to her vision.

"...she's reading my movements.." Punch realized, unleashing a burst of kinetic energy from his body in hopes that he could break out of the ice. He jumped away from the weapons, letting out another burst of kinetic energy to propel himself away from the barrage of the projectiles, but failed to dodge them completely, various weapons slamming into his legs, blooding dripping from the wounds.

assuming this was successful, he would bend the space between them, instantly closing the distance while wrapping his entire body in several layers of thick insulated forcefields. In an instant he attempted to grab Sword by the head, before viciously slamming her skull against his knee, attempting to crack it while he continued to grip onto her.

The swords that managed to hit Punch violently exploded into ice that violently expanded the wounds they were in, tearing apart his legs as soon as Punch got close to her, allowing her to escape the next attack.

Sword then teleported behind him, various cuts appearing across his body once again as she continuously attacked him with invisible willpower blades while also pelting various swords at him that would explode into ice on contact, slowly whittling down the barrier's defenses.

"This isn't good..."

Sword thought to herself. Yes, she could continue overwhelming him like this for a while longer, but not forever. While her powers were overwhelming, they were limited in how she didn't have much experience in using them, and thus, she would soon run out of the supposed Silver Aura if she didn't finish quickly.

The swords that managed to hit Punch violently exploded into ice that violently expanded the wounds they were in, tearing apart his legs as soon as Punch got close to her, allowing her to escape the next attack.

Sword then teleported behind him, various cuts appearing across his body once again as she continuously attacked him with invisible willpower blades while also pelting various swords at him that would explode into ice on contact, slowly whittling down the barrier's defenses.

"This isn't good..."

Sword thought to herself. Yes, she could continue overwhelming him like this for a while longer, but not forever. While her powers were overwhelming, they were limited in how she didn't have much experience in using them, and thus, she would soon run out of the supposed Silver Aura if she didn't finish quickly.
Blood poured from his mangled legs as various gashes appeared from his body from Sword's attack.

"In terms of raw firepower....her silver aura outpaces anything I can do..." Punch thought, continuing to maintain his forcefield as it was cracked and broken by Sword's attack.

"...but she can't keep this up forever. If she had unlimited Aura....she could just continually use her strongest attacks without consequence...yet...she isn't..." Punch thought, coughing up blood as one of the swords pierced his barrier, blood flowing from the wound that was instantly frozen by the ice.

"....If there's a limit...that means she can run out...and if she can run out....I....can outlast her....I can win" Punch thought to himself. His body, which had been honed for millennia, was built for endurance. In a battle of attrition....he had a chance.

"...but surely she would realize that. If that's the case...then she'll probably either ration out her silver aura, or attempt to finish me before she runs out..." Punch thought.

Punch quickly opened a portal, flying into it as his legs regenerated. appearing in front of her, he slammed his fist against her chin, performing an uppercut that would send her flying upward if successful. Immediately, he would use his gravity manipulation to slam Sword with an intense burst of gravity, sending her falling onto the ground as her bones were cracked by the intense gravity.

"Damn it all..."

Sword thought to herself. There was one way that she could replenish her aura, but it was risky. Considering Punch's newfound attack power, if she tried to take any direct hit from him, she'd surely suffer a great deal. "Suffer a great deal..."

Suddenly, memories of battle began to pour into her mind. Memories of before she had come to this place, various memories. She'd fought in way worse conditions than she'd be in if she took some direct hits from Punch. She'd fought whether her bones were shattered, her eyes ruined, her veins rupturing violently, and anything in-between. She'd fought when her entire body had been reduced to nothing but a skeleton in times past.

"Hah. Suffer a great deal, my ass." She said, allowing Punch's attacks to hit her dead on. She didn't attempt to dodge his attack to her chin, nor did she try to thwart herself getting flung down. She simply put up her guard and smiled. What the hell was she doing?

Back