• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Punch glanced at her. he slurped up the rest of the stew he had been eating, and stood up.

"Sure Sword." Punch said, shrugging. He paid no mind to Swords injuries, knowing that she had gone through far worse during their time in this hell.

"....You sure you don't want to grab a sword or anything first?" Punch asked, noticing her lack of a weapon.

"Just because my name is Sword doesn't mean I really need a sword to fight," Sword said, creating a small knife which she used to cut her hair, which had reached all the way down to her ankles. She then generated a small rope and tied her hair into a ponytail.

"I'll be fine."

"Suit yourself" Punch shrugged.

Punch assumed a stance, which he had improved and perfected from his centuries of combat, covering his weak points while allowing him to easily transition into the majority of his moves. Unlike his previous stances, this one was remarkably more compact and stable, being akin to a castle of muscle.

Without warning, he rushed towards her, and began pelting her body with strong, quick jabs to the torso and head. He knew that she had the ability to freeze things on contact, so he opted to minimize the time his body spent in contact with hers by rapidly firing punches before quickly retracting them. Hoping his superior size and reach would give him the advantage in an outfight. Should these jabs prove successful, he would immedietly close in, and unleash a vicious hook at Swords's head, aiming at the side of her body with the eyepatch in hopes of hitting her in her blind spot.

Sword, instead of attempting to focus her energy on dodging Punch's attacks, instantly ducked down as soon as he threw out his first attack, immediately dashing up from under him, delivering a palm-strike straight to his gut if successful. Upon contact, ice would nigh-instantly spread across his torso, spikes stabbing into him as the ice began to spread across his body in a matter of moments.

His movements would be constricted both by the ice and by the rapidly collapsing distance between him and Sword as space violently contracted, Punch's chin coming into contact with the tip of her foot if this proved successful, a surprising lack of knockback allowing Punch to immediately transition into another kick to the jaw as she had no distance to close between the two.

"Not good enough... It's still incomplete." Sword thought to herself.

Punch felt the ice freeze into his body, but continued onward, trying to fight despite the ice restricting him As it stabbed through his body, he summoned a burst of kinetic energy inside himself, rapidly destroying the ice as sent kinetic force blasting through his own body. As soon as Sword launched her second kick to his jaw, he suddenly reached up and grabbed her leg, summoning a black hole in his palm as he grabbed it, the lack of knockback, combined with his massively enhanced kinetic vision, allowed him to react to Sword's quick-strike nearly immediately. If successful, her leg would be rapidly crushed, both by the intense gravity that was being condensed in his palm, and by his abnormal grip strength that he had honed by centuries of tearing monsters apart. Should the ice begin to freeze his hand, he would simply cut it off, regrowing another on immediately.

"She wasn't lying....she's pretty good..." Punch thought.

Punch felt the ice freeze into his body, but continued onward, trying to fight despite the ice restricting him As it stabbed through his body, he summoned a burst of kinetic energy inside himself, rapidly destroying the ice as sent kinetic force blasting through his own body. As soon as Sword launched her second kick to his jaw, he suddenly reached up and grabbed her leg, summoning a black hole in his palm as he grabbed it, the lack of knockback, combined with his massively enhanced kinetic vision, allowed him to react to Sword's quick-strike nearly immediately. If successful, her leg would be rapidly crushed, both by the intense gravity that was being condensed in his palm, and by his abnormal grip strength that he had honed by centuries of tearing monsters apart. Should the ice begin to freeze his hand, he would simply cut it off, regrowing another on immediately.

"She wasn't lying....she's pretty good..." Punch thought.
Sword manifested a pure-white blade that served to cleave off her leg mere moments before Punch's hand made contact with her leg as if she knew what he was going to do in the next few moments. Her eyes were glowing some weird green-like color, so it was safe to say she was using some sort of precognition ability, which along with her already enhanced senses allowed her to read Punch like a book. Her leg immediately regenerated as she touched the ground, ice spreading to the ground and back to Punch. What was her solution to his kinetic bursts destroying her ice? Well, if he could destroy one layer of ice, make more.

And she did. Without any warning, ice began to rapidly build on his body, hundreds of layers being formed in a moment as Sword jumped away to avoid her own attack. She continued to constantly layer ice on top of him, but she still seemed dissatisfied with something...

If, and when, Punch broke out, Sword covered her arm in white energy, seeming to be powering up for something. While she waited she also focused on honing and tempering the energy, as if she was training herself while fighting him.

Punch built up his gravity inside of his body, summoning a black hole around himself that began to rapidly eat away at the ice. He was saving using his kinetic energy, not wanting to waste the energy he already stored in his body. The blackhole expanded, and soon, the Ice became weak enough that Punch broke free from the restraints, jumping upward and floating a few feet above the ground. He was on guard, instantly feeling strange energy that was covering Sword's arm. suddenly, he reached out his arms, and grabbed space itself, rapidly twisting the space around Sword in an attempt to restrain and crush her before she could carry through with her plan.

(Merry Christmas you filthy animals.)

"........"

Sword casually flicked her wrist, rapidly expanding space around her so that she wasn't crushed by Punch's assault. The energy that was covering her arm swiftly dissipated as she let out a sigh of irritation, clenching her fists as the ice that Punch had destroyed nigh-instantly began to rebuild itself, once again consuming his entire body. This time she constantly layered the ice, spikes stabbing into his flesh. She knew this would only slow him down somewhat, though.

"Explode."

The ice that surrounded Punch began to rapidly heat up, resulting in a violent explosion that would go off in and outside of his body due to the ice spikes stabbing into his insides. If he somehow survived this, which she knew he would, the explosion would concentrate around her hand, solidifying and forming a crimson katana in her hand, which she would use to thwart any attacks.

"No, that isn't right... I have to concentrate the energy around my body... Then I need..." Thoughts swirled within Sword's mind. She still wasn't getting it right.

(Merry Christmas!)

Using his highly honed legs, Punch quickly jumped upward, the simple act, combined with his physical might, sending him flying into the air an instant before the ice had consumed him, managing to avoid the ice covering his entire body, instead only covering a portion of it. Additionally, his monstrous muscles failed to be completely pierced by the spikes of ice, Punch using his body control to swiftly tighten his muscles before impact. This isn't to say he escaped without injury, however. he coughed up blood, feeling the ice brutally stab and explode around him, but shrugged it off. His endurance finely honed from centuries of taking lethal wounds. It would take much more than that to slow him down, He and Sword both knew that.

"So....she's using a sword after all" Punch thought, watching Sword form a weapon as he landed.

Punch suddenly got on all fours, staring at Sword intensely. Building up kinetic energy inside of his four limbs. In an instant, he released it, the kinetic energy boosting his speed significantly as he rocketed towards her, hoping that the increase in speed would catch her off guard. Should this be successful, he would immediately grab her sword arm, hoping to momentarily stop her from swinging her weapon as he unleashed a vicious strike towards her head.

Her guard seemed... Weirdly lowered for some reason as Punch rocketed towards her. As if she was waiting for him to try and grab her.

"Dumbass." As soon as Punch went to grab her by the arm, she let go of her blade and ducked down, allowing Punch to grab it instead of her arm. As soon as he came in contact with the blade, it turned white and exploded into a flash of ice and fire, the flames burning his flesh, and the ice once again keeping him in place as Sword compressed space around him.

Sword then straightened out her fingers, covering her hand and arm in that weird white energy that she had previously shown. If she was successful in binding Punch, even for a moment, she would rapidly increase her physical statistics through the Activation Dream and stab her hand into Punch's stomach, rapidly freezing his insides and causing them to violently rupture from the force.

"Activation Dream... I think I remember how to do that... I've been using the Extinction Dream to bend space, so if I want..."

Sword began to violently rip apart space as she assaulted Punch with various stabs, his body being reduced to nothing but a head and a ripped-up torso if she was successful.

(damn, that sucks man. I had to get my shot to get into college lol.)

Her guard seemed... Weirdly lowered for some reason as Punch rocketed towards her. As if she was waiting for him to try and grab her.

"Dumbass." As soon as Punch went to grab her by the arm, she let go of her blade and ducked down, allowing Punch to grab it instead of her arm. As soon as he came in contact with the blade, it turned white and exploded into a flash of ice and fire, the flames burning his flesh, and the ice once again keeping him in place as Sword compressed space around him.

Sword then straightened out her fingers, covering her hand and arm in that weird white energy that she had previously shown. If she was successful in binding Punch, even for a moment, she would rapidly increase her physical statistics through the Activation Dream and stab her hand into Punch's stomach, rapidly freezing his insides and causing them to violently rupture from the force.

"Activation Dream... I think I remember how to do that... I've been using the Extinction Dream to bend space, so if I want..."

Sword began to violently rip apart space as she assaulted Punch with various stabs, his body being reduced to nothing but a head and a ripped-up torso if she was successful.
As soon as Punch noticed that Sword's guard was lowered, he instantly knew something was wrong. He's seen Sword fight for centuries, and that wasn't the stance she usually took. She wouldn't take a stance suboptimal for sword fighting without reason.

Thus, when Sword let go of her blade, he instantly deduced that she had planned on him grabbing her in the first place, being instantly put on guard. He shifted his body slightly planting his feet onto the ground as the explosion of ice and fire burned into his arm. Instantly reacting due to his previous deductions, Punch detached his arm with his body control, jumping backward before the ice could fully incase him. While he felt the space restrain him, he simply used his grip strength to forcefully rip apart the space around him with his free arm, grabbing and tearing space itself as he continued to advance backward. It was a good trap, a great one even, something that would have easily dealt with the old Punch, but he wasn't as dumb as he was thousands of years prior.

assuming this escape was successful, Punch would grab a nearby tree, easily ripping it off from its roots, before throwing it at Sword, imbuing it with his kinetic energy to vastly increase the speed and force of the projectile. At the same time, he would teleport behind Sword, hoping the projectile would distract her as he launched a quick, fierce kick onto her back, sending her flying into the projectile if successful.

Sword nigh-effortlessly obliterated the tree with a head-on punch, planting her feet into the ground.

Suddenly, her back began to violently contort as dozens of blades made from her own flesh sprouted from it as soon as Punch teleported behind her, stabbing into him if successful. These blades of flesh would then transform into actual swords which would then shoot farther into his flesh.

Sword then teleported a distance away from him, snapping her fingers, the blades being covered in ice. And contrary to what she would usually do, spikes made from her ice violently shot out of the blade, and if they were successfully lodged into him, the spikes would also tear up his insides.

(Cause, yknow, Rory literally has always had body control on a cellular level. Why the **** don't I ever utilize that....)

(who tf is Rory)

As soon as Sword began to sprout swords made of flesh from her body, Punch began to use his own Body control. he began to contract and release his muscles at extraordinarily high speeds. This technique was similar to shivering, something any human can do. But With Punch's immeasurable speed, combined with his muscle mass, the act of this rapid, enhanced shivering caused his body to shake and vibrate at extraordinarily high speeds, the sheer force of the vibrations created by this technique violently shaking and knocking away the blades before they could fully impale themselves into him, leaving a variety of large gashes in his body as they were forcefully pushed out of the muscles. This, however, did not negate the damage, Punches insides had been torn by Sword's assault, and he was panting slightly as he forcefully repaired them.

Assuming this was successful, Punch would rush towards Sword as she teleported away from him, before slamming his fist into the ground, creating an earthquake that shook the area around them, kicking up a large amount of rubble and rock that began floating in the air. Punch would proceed to cover each and every piece of rubble with his forcefield, drastically increasing their durability. Pointing at Sword, he imbued her with her own gravitational pull, causing all the forcefield-covered rubble to begin flying towards her at high speed, Punch amplifying their strength with the remaining kinetic energy stored in his body to drastically increase the force of their collision.

Sword let out a deep sigh, creating a steel blade. "This isn't the level I should be at by this point... I can't pierce his durability with half-assed tactics. I'll admit that he's cultivated some pretty good defensive abilities... And I can't break through them at this point." Sword thought to herself as she let out one more sigh, clenching the muscles in her arms, causing them to bulge. In one swift cut, all of the boulders he'd thrown at her were turned into nothing but rubble from the shockwave she produced from her sword.

"Let's call it quits. I can't pierce through your defenses, and you can't hit me. This is just a spar, so I'd rather not use any moves I knew would kill you." Sword said.

"Pretty much," Sword said, whatever wounds she had swiftly healing.

"Ever since my body fused with the Goddess Cleaver I can control that white energy. It's what allows me to freeze shit. Although, the ability itself doesn't really fit well with sword-fighting if I just fling ice around..." Sword said.

Punch cocked his head.

"I mean...I guess I see what you're saying. I imagine there could be ways you could alter it to be better suited to weapon-wielding." Punch said nodding.

Punch thought for a moment.

"Have you tried...just, coating the swords you wield with the ice energy? Like...one of the uses of my gravity powers is that I can coat my hand in gravity, allowing me to crush things while I grab or punch them. That one of the ways I blended my gravity into my style of fighting. Maybe you can do something like that...with some of the bone swords you make." Punch said.

(Late, but Merry Christmas! For the record, I typed this out while it was still Christmas lol)

Masayoshi continued her training. Due to time being completely absent in the realm, she had no idea how long Salem and Michaela were training her. Possibly ??? years? All she knew was that it felt long. Too long. Even if nothing, or at the very least, very little was happening in real time, she didn't want to just train forever. She wasn't Rory, after all, or rather, her recent perception of Rory.

However, she was aware of some happenings that were occurring. She saw David's fight, and witnessed some of his current training, as well as the fact that he was going by "Punch" now, and that Rory was going by "Sword".

"Huh, weird..." Masayoshi thought, still continuing to fight against her variants in this prolonged sparring session, "And now he only barely remembers me... Should I remind him, or would that mess things up for him?"

Masayoshi created a duplicate of herself, tossing her up into the air where she hovered. This duplicate was not intended to engage in the sparring session at all, but rather to examine whether it would be the wisest decision to immediately remind David/Punch of who she was, and if necessary, who he was. Meanwhile, the original Masayoshi could focus all of her energy into functioning at her absolute best until the spar ended. Whenever that was going to be...

Masayoshi amplifies her statistics with magic and conceptual manipulation, blocking a combined kick attack from Salem and Michaela. She skids backwards, now with two broken arms from the attack. Fairly unusual for her given that recently she has barely had injuries even of that level of severity. Fortunately for her, between her regeneration and passive healing magic, she was already recovering from the damage done. As she continues to block the strike, healing herself as she's being injured, she raises her knee up higher while building energy and fusing with miniaturized duplicates of herself to make them less noticeable. In that moment, she uses her position shifting ability to reverse the situation, now on the offensive and striking with a kick enhanced by shockwaves and magic to damage both targets simultaneously, and to apply extra pressure after the reversal. This was going to be a long training session. Or short? Hard to keep track of time when it doesn't exist where you're training...

(Leaving whether or not Masayoshi chimes in and jogs David's memory up to Midas and azontr.)

(It is still christmas where I am lol. It's still 11:32 where I'm at.)
Punch cocked his head.

"I mean...I guess I see what you're saying. I imagine there could be ways you could alter it to be better suited to weapon-wielding." Punch said nodding.

Punch thought for a moment.

"Have you tried...just, coating the swords you wield with the ice energy? Like...one of the uses of my gravity powers is that I can coat my hand in gravity, allowing me to crush things while I grab or punch them. That one of the ways I blended my gravity into my style of fighting. Maybe you can do something like that...with some of the bone swords you make." Punch said.
"That's basically what I'm trying to do on a more... Technical level, I guess." Sword said.

"Hold on! Can you like, teach me how to be good at Body Control like you are? I notice you're more... bulky than you were a few hundred thousand years ago. You don't get that type of body from normal training." Sword said.

(It is still christmas where I am lol. It's still 11:32 where I'm at.)

"That's basically what I'm trying to do on a more... Technical level, I guess." Sword said.

"Hold on! Can you like, teach me how to be good at Body Control like you are? I notice you're more... bulky than you were a few hundred thousand years ago. You don't get that type of body from normal training." Sword said.
Punch glanced at Sword. It was true, Punch's body had developed alot in the centuries they spent training together. Not only was he significantly more bulky, but he was also taller, nearly a foot taller than what he was when he came in. He stood up from his seat, glancing at her.

"Yeah. I didn't develop these muscles through training. Or I guess...not only training." Punch said, scratching his head.

"....I've been altering my body...bit by bit...trying to create the...ideal body, for myself. I've come a long away but....It's gonna take me a lot longer to finish." Punch said, shaking his head.

"But sure, I can teach ya a thing or two about it. What are you trying to accomplish?"

"I guess I'm trying to accomplish the same thing as you," Sword said, stretching out her arms for him to see.

"I'm trying to achieve my ideal body, I guess. I'm decent muscular due to all the training I've done... But you see, this body was meant for training with shit like katanas because that's what I usually train with. That's why my muscles aren't as built as they should be. Katanas are pretty light compared to broadswords or bigger weapons, after all." Sword said.

"But like... My body is now fused with the Goddess Cleaver. If you didn't notice, it's the exact opposite of a katana. It's an enormous sword meant to obliterate supernatural beings. The energy I release is made from that sword, it emits it, and it's what allows me to freeze stuff. But since my body is suited to lighter weapons and it's fused with a weapon that isn't at all suited for my body type, that's created an imbalance in how I fight. It isn't just energy control. My balance feels off, I feel like I've gained weight, and my strikes aren't as powerful because I lack build-up speed." Sword said.

"I can control my body at a cellular level... But this problem is like, part of my fundamental biology now. I need to be skilled at controlling my own body so I can augment myself to fit this new body, basically. It'll also help me design a weapon more suited to my body." Sword said.

Punch scratched his chin.

"...Yeah...yeah I see what you're saying...the way you built your muscles ain't at all suited for being precise with something so big..." Punch muttered.

Punch nodded.

"Yeah....I can help you then..."

Punch walked up to a nearby tree, sitting against it.

"So it's likely that the shape of your body is....imprinted. Into your mind and body. That's why you can't simply make yourself a better body, I'm guessing. It's because you too focused on your body as a whole...."

he began to pace around, continuing to speak.

"...to achieve what you want...you can't think of your body as a single entity. Because it's not. No matter how strong you are, you are ultimately made of trillions of different cells, all of which work in tandem to make your body function." Punch said, glancing at Sword.

"You must become aware....of every. single. cell. In you're body for this to work. You have to memorize the positions and functions of all of them." Punch said.

"...Once you do that....then you have to visualize them. Imprint the image of the individual cells into you're thoughts."

"Then....exert your will upon them. Slowly imagine how you want the cells to shape themselves, focus on exactly how you want them to move and behave..."

"....and eventually...."

"....You should be able to fully control your body, even when dealing with your fundamental biology."

"I could probably help you find what you're ideal body is, and walk you through the steps I just said again. It will take us a while, but we can definitely do this." Punch nodded.

"Memorize every cell in my body, huh?" Sword said, "Then exert my will upon my body... Slowly..."

Suddenly, a burst of white energy exploded off of Sword's body, not particularly harmful, but it was extremely cold as Punch's entire body was coated in a thin layer of ice from the explosion.

"Is this good?" From within the explosion, Sword emerged. Her body didn't seem to different, but Punch could easily tell that she was changed. Her body was thinner, but also maintained just the right amount of muscle necessary to be able to utilize a large sword without problems. It seemed she was going for precision and strength, and she was also getting the hang of it extremely quickly.

"It's not complete, though... I think I should mess with my arms a little bit... Like, right around here..." Sword then began muttering to herself before snapping out of it.

"Oh. Thanks. You're advice was really helpful. I'll try and combine your advice with my mediation."

Punch wiped the ice off his body. Glancing at Sword's new body.

"Well damn, I think it could use a bit more work…but that’s a pretty impressive start..” Punch said, nodding.

"...no problem Sword, glad I could help." Punch said, shrugging.
Sword nodded, waving bye at Punch as she ran off to get back to training.

Over the years, Sword began to make herself even scarcer than before. Not on purpose, mind you. The strength of the monsters they were facing had begun to increase at a rapid pace as the years flew by, and they couldn't continue protecting each other without putting themselves at greater risk. And thus, Sword began to focus even more on her training. In the mornings, she would constantly swing her sword until it felt like her arms fall off. In the afternoon, she would fight monsters and meditate at the same time. In the evening and in the night, she would continue her meditation while doing image training, imagining herself fighting multiple people that appeared within her memories. She didn't know who they were, though.

All the while she would be gradually modifying her body as she gained information on how it worked and what would be best for her as a fighter, going as far as modifying each individual atom within her body.

But eventually, Sword and Punch stopped seeing each other altogether.

Punch on his end, continued to slowly modify his body. His goal wasn't simply an ideal body. No, he wanted to go further. He wanted to create a body to surpass all others. An ultimate body. Like a work of art being painted on the smallest scale, something that would never be put to shame. Forcing his body through evolution as he modified his body, sometimes spending years just to modify a single cell. It had to be perfect. His body...would become his Magnum Opus.

When he wasn't creating his masterpiece, he was eating. Slaughtering the monsters that came at him and viciously biting into their corpses. He needed the protein. The body he sought to create required a massive amount of calories while it was forming, which, thanks to the influx of monsters, there was no shortage of. His life had devolved into a cycle now. Which consisted of modifying his body, Killing, and Eating. He rarely rested during this time.

He realized after a while, that he fought alone. Sword had disappeared from his life as the monster continued to get stronger. This made him slightly sad, having grown used to Sword's presence in his life, even when they didn't talk. But he didn't dwell on it. He was fine on his own, and he knew that she was walking on a different path than he was.

Millions of years began to pass in the realm. Or perhaps billions...? Even with their enhanced senses, their sense of time and space was extremely warped. It was hard to tell whether they'd been there for a few days or for entire eons.

"My name is..."

Sword walked through the carnage, her eyes blank. She began to remember things. Many things. She remembered people, events. She remembered happy times, but she also remembered old grudges. She remembered her fears, her insecurities, her rage, and everything in-between. But her name eluded her. But what didn't elude her... Was the reason she had come here.

"I was... afraid of..."

A trail of carnage followed behind the wandering woman. Enormous monster corpses, frozen and crushed into bits followed behind her, a countless number of them. With a single look, they'd turned into nothing but frozen dust. But that didn't matter.

"Kiara... Her name was Kiara..."

Sword snapped out of her trance and continued on her endless journey of battle. The waves of monsters were getting stronger by the day, but that only made things easier for her. Each day, she'd challenge opponents stronger than her. She'd lose. She had lost so many fights. But each time she lost, she came back stronger. And then she challenged even stronger opponents and won. She lost, again and again, and again. But then she began to win, again and again, and again. She could feel that her time there was running up, so she wouldn't waste this opportunity to get stronger.

Punch continued to wander the dimension, battling, eating, evolving. He fought every monster he found. No matter how big or ferocious. It was like he was trying to conquer the dimension itself. Assert himself as the apex predator among the fierce creatures below. He died, many, many times. His body was ravaged and mangled as stronger and stronger monsters began to overwhelm him. But...he kept fighting. Long since grown past the days he would give into despair or insanity. With each battle, he got stronger. With each loss, he learned something valuable. Each monster granted him a valuable glimpse of how he needed to improve his body, which he would focus on after every fight. It was nearing completion. His own personal masterpiece was taking form before his eyes.

His memory was still faltering. He didn't remember much of anything. But he did pick up one thing.

"....Masayoshi..." Punch siad aloud.

Once he remembered that name, he cried tears of joy. He remembered her. His queen, His beloved. He finally had a name to put to that beautiful face he remembered all this time.

After remembering that, he searched his memory with renewed vigor, forcefully searching every cell in his brain for any information he could find

"......I wanted....to change didn't I..." Punch muttered.

"...I hated myself....hated my weakness...hated my stupidity....and...I wanted to do something about it..."

Memories began to slowly slip into his brain. The time he spent with his allies, his wedding, his battles, it was all hazy, but...slowly but surely...he was beginning to remember.

Suddenly, a woman walked up to Punch.

It was Sword, and she looked considerably different compared to before. She may have resembled somebody that he knew a long time ago... Somebody that he didn't want to remember. But that didn't matter. Without words, he knew what she wanted from him.

"...."

Back