• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"No."

Antares said nigh-instantly.

"It is unlikely that even if I were to train you that you would be able to completely match Dante in a fight. I don't believe even I could do that. Even if I could, whatever training you think I'd put you through is almost certain to end your life. I only made an exception for Kiara because of her innate talent." Antares said.

"Hey Teach, no need to be like that about it..." Kiara said.

"It is the truth, Kiara. Instead, you should follow your own training. And I have the perfect place to send you to do so." Antares said as David began to float.

"Wait, your gonna send him there?" Kiara asked, "Indeed I am."

"Nowhere special." Antares teleported to an enormous portal with various sigils floating around it, "Let's say that time simply flows differently there. I do believe you trained with your wife in such a place, correct? For 5 years."
David hesitated, before nodding.

"...is this the same place that you and Kiara trained for the 100 million years...?" David asked, glancing at the portal.

"....." David thought for a moment.

"....one hundred million years....training. Alone...." David muttered.

".....Is it worth it..?." David thought.

"...should I really dedicate my life towards the pursuit of strength?" David thought.

He hesitated in front of the portal for a long time. He would have to spend centuries away from his wife. The only person he loved.

"...unless someone is already in there.... I'll be alone....completely alone for millions of years..." David muttered.

David sighed.

"....but if I do....I could come out a changed man. A better man. In that time. I could meet all my personal goals, while becoming strong enough to protect those I care about..." David thought.

"....I could be the better husband for her....and a better friend towards the others....and to them...it would only seem like a month..."

David clenched his fist.

"Anteres" David said finally.

"Do you mind...if I spend a month in that place?" David asked.

"......" David continued to hesitate. before steeling his resolve. He hoped Masayoshi would be waiting for him when he returned...and hoped that he would never forget any of the moments they had together.

"....thank you...for giving me this opportunity. Antares" David said.

"....I won't waste it."

David turned towards the group, and nodded at them.

"....I'll see you guys in a month"

he turned back towards the portal. and, slowly walked through it, his determination to get stronger moving his feet forward, despite the challenges ahead.

David could immediately feel his entire body plummet to the ground of an empty void, his insides burning without end. There was no air, there was no space or matter, there wasn't even time within the empty space, and thus, he could not see. He could not speak. All he could feel was his own body being crushed by an abnormal gravitational force capable of compressing entire universes into nothing, a feeling of emptiness he could not shake off consuming him that far surpassed what he'd ever felt before.

And with each passing moment, or however time may be described in such a dead space, the forces that assaulted David's mind and body continued to grow stronger and stronger. He was cut off from the outside world, so nobody was going to come to save him from this hell. There was nothing for him to sense so he could build his senses. There was constant physical agony brought against him in all shapes and forms so he could build his durability and strength. This place, was in every sense of the world, the ultimate training ground.

It was obvious why Antares wasn't going to be training you in this place. He didn't need to. The space did so on its own.

David collapsed onto the ground, nearly instantly going into shock as this strange, new hell assaulted him.

He tried to open his eyes, but he saw nothing.

He tried to yell out, but he could not speak.

His body was crushed and compressed, his bones breaking as he collapsed on himself. Agony shot through every fiber of his being as he lay on the ground.

But the worst part…was the emptiness. It was David's worst nightmare. To be completely, and utterly, alone. Alone with himself, alone in an uncaring world. He would have cried, if his body was capable of producing tears in such a harsh environment. He remained there….lying still for a long while. To an outside observer, he seemed dead, and indeed, for a few moments…he had wanted to die. Wanted to give up and escape from the hellscape around him.

But Eventually….he moved. His will to survive, to get stronger, to return to his wife, too strong to let David die here. Twitching his muscles slightly, David began to….adapt. His fingers moved…then his arms…and eventually…he was standing. His mouth gaped as if he was breathing air that wasn't there. His body convulsed and trembled...but he remained standing.

And then…he began walking forward. The very act brought him intense agony as he blindly stepped through the spaceless void around him.

"....I....will...change...." David thought to himself, repeating the phrase in his mind, the mantra keeping him anchored to sanity, despite everything around him.

Within the hellscape of nothingness... Perhaps a few hundred years had passed. To be exact, 200 years. Outside, it would've only been a few hours, but for David, it was a long grind filled with nothing but pain. He felt as if he could die, and perhaps he did, but he always came back to train evermore. No matter how many times he died, he was always brought back.

If one were to see him right now, he'd perhaps look like a living skeleton. Malnourished and skinny, his eyes hollow, and his lips dry and cracked. But this was only the beginning.

David slowly trained himself in the dimension, walking through the dead space as his body tried desperately to adapt to the dimension around him. He wasn't sure if he was alive or dead, nor was he aware for how long he had been moving. His body broke and rebuilt itself; his mouth hung limply open as he shambled forward. His mind was in shambles, memories floating in and out of his mind, Constantly replaying all of the worst moments of his life as his physical body was destroyed. They were driving him insane.

"......I....will..........change" David thought. The mantra was the only thing that kept him company during the entire time. In his mind, he tried to recall the face of Masayoshi, his beloved. He could forget everything else...as long as he remembered that face...he would keep moving. That was the promise he had made to himself. No matter what happened, no matter how much he was tortured. He would never forget...her.

David began to move faster, shambling forward erratically as he trained.

As David began to slowly adapt to the environment, the environment began to adapt to him, slowly becoming harsher to further increase the intensity of his hellish training. And after 500 years...

He began to regain the ability to see. His eyes, while hollow and crusty, could finally see once more. He could see his own body, broken and busted from all of the training he did. He could see his own blood smeared against the black floor, bits of bone floating around in the puddles.

Once David had regained his ability to see....he wept tears of joy. Finally...after such a long time of being blind, he could see again. He was still in hell, he was still suffering...but at least he had that much. The time spent in this hellish environment gave David a newfound appreciation for even the littlest of comforts.

he glanced down at his broken body, his muscles gone, erased beyond repair. He would have to rebuild himself, he realized. he needed to build himself a new...better body. Something that would allow him to endure any threat, any environment. Muscles that could never be put to shame. But...for now....his only focus was keeping moving. Agony still shot through his body, as fresh as when he arrived, and he could feel himself slowly breaking down, his body now being sustained only by his willpower and determination to survive.

"....I...I will change..." David thought again.

David continued to shamble his way through the dimension, looking forward at the endless void ahead.

Once David had regained his ability to see....he wept tears of joy. Finally...after such a long time of being blind, he could see again. He was still in hell, he was still suffering...but at least he had that much. The time spent in this hellish environment gave David a newfound appreciation for even the littlest of comforts.

he glanced down at his broken body, his muscles gone, erased beyond repair. He would have to rebuild himself, he realized. he needed to build himself a new...better body. Something that would allow him to endure any threat, any environment. Muscles that could never be put to shame. But...for now....his only focus was keeping moving. Agony still shot through his body, as fresh as when he arrived, and he could feel himself slowly breaking down, his body now being sustained only by his willpower and determination to survive.

"....I...I will change..." David thought again.

David continued to shamble his way through the dimension, looking forward at the endless void ahead.
1200 years had passed, and slowly David was beginning to regain his other senses, his training allowing him to slowly enhance his senses to the point he could properly navigate within the void.

In the distance, he could hear violent grunts and screams of pain, but he couldn't tell if it was some wild beast or if it was another person. It was too far away to reach without wasting time, anyway.

David finally could fully sense his surroundings, his brain nearly overwhelmed with the vast amount of stimuli he could feel, after so long of being robbed of them.

He heard the screams but didn't understand them. Far too lost in his own personal thoughts to fully process the meaning of hearing others in this seemingly solitary dimension. For all he knew, he could be hallucinating, a byproduct of being trapped within a hell for so long that his mind had simply started breaking. He continued walking forward, as if possessed, continuing to train his body as he kept moving throughout the space. Constantly repeating his mantra, constantly thinking of the one person in his life who mattered beyond all else.

1800 years would soon pass. Or maybe it was 2000? Honestly, it didn't even matter. Time didn't even exist within this hellscape.

Eventually, land began to form around David. A battlefield. Trees were burning, rock was shattered, people screamed in the distance, and fire burned within the air, smoke beginning to eclipse the normal clouds. Enemies surrounded him, dragons, demons, whatever it was. They surrounded him and wasted no time in attacking, seeming as if the space around him was forming more ways for him to train in the form of calamities.

David let out a scream. A raw, guttural noise of agony and anger as he charged at the creatures, viciously clawing at them with his malnourished arms, biting at them with his gnarled teeth, pounding at them with a boney fist as he continued to wail on them. His fighting akin to a wild animal as he tried desperately to survive in this hellscape. his already destroyed body was further mashed and mangled by the swarm of enemies, but David did not stop, he continued his brutal assault against them, the monsters constantly mutilating and killing him as he yelled bloody murder.

Maybe around 2200 years later, David saw a person also fighting against the calamities. They seemed almost, if not more malnourished and broken than he was, and yet, the meat that they had gained from their enemies wasn't poisonous. So why weren't they eating?

The person stood upon a pile of corpses, a grotesque blade seeming to be welded directly to their hand. It was hard to tell whether or not they were male or female, as they were covered in the blood and guts of countless demonic beasts, and it didn't seem as though they cared to speak to David as they went back to fighting.

David glanced at the figure, his dim eyes barely registering them in his mind. If they weren't hostile, it didn't matter. They didn't matter. David's mind was too far gone to care about some new entity inside this strange dimension. If they attacked him, he would attack back, but that was the extent of it. David's thinking had devolved to something akin to an animal as he growled at the strange figure, before leaping towards another group of demons, viciously ripping them apart as he assaulted them without mercy. His mantra was gone now, the only thing reminding him of his old life was the thought of Masayoshi in his mind, her face seared into his memory so that he would never forget it. even as he continued to fall into insanity.

They seemed the same akin to David in mentality, animalistic, insane. But while David's movements were unrefined and beast-like, this person's movements were skilled, refined. David was simply battling wildly with no apparent direction, but this one was hunting.

Over the years the two would continue to bump into each other in battle. They'd been seeing each other through the endless carnage for over 300 years at this point, coming very close to killing each other some days, and some days they fought with each other on rare occasions, even if they didn't know it... But neither had spoken to the other during those 300 years. It was hard to think either of them could form words anymore.

David had grown used to seeing the strange entity on the battlefield. At first, he considered it some kind of demon, but the more he saw it, the more confused he became. They weren't a monster, at least not what he could tell. Though they attacked, they weren't as hostile like every other creature. Even in David's tormented, broken mind, he knew something was different about them. and eventually, his curiosity won over his instinct.

David saw the strange person again, and slowly began to approach it.

He grunted at the thing, his mouth unfamiliar with forming words after so long of not speaking. He stared at it for a while, wondering if it would react with hostility to his presence. His legs were crouched, as if ready to spring at any moment, either to run or to engage in battle.

The person stared back at David, their eyes meeting for the first time in 300 years.

Their eye was completely bloodshot, the veins in their eye visible and pulsing as hair stained in blood covered their other eye, which was no longer there, lost in battle. Within their mind, they were wondering what exactly to register David as. An enemy? An ally? Or perhaps a mere nuisance.

But what really stood out was the blade they held. It's shape was incomprehensible due to the blood and guts covering it, but what was interesting was how they were holding it. The sword was, quite literally, attached to the person's hand, as if the handle was protruding roots into their arm, fusing with them, shards coming out of their arm that seemed to be bone, but also resembled some sort of ice.

The person stared back at David, their eyes meeting for the first time in 300 years.

Their eye was completely bloodshot, the veins in their eye visible and pulsing as hair stained in blood covered their other eye, which was no longer there, lost in battle. Within their mind, they were wondering what exactly to register David as. An enemy? An ally? Or perhaps a mere nuisance.

But what really stood out was the blade they held. It's shape was incomprehensible due to the blood and guts covering it, but what was interesting was how they were holding it. The sword was, quite literally, attached to the person's hand, as if the handle was protruding roots into their arm, fusing with them, shards coming out of their arm that seemed to be bone, but also resembled some sort of ice.
David cocked his head, glancing at the sword with a look of confusion and hesitation. It seemed…odd somehow, to see someone holding a blade. In a past life…he had met a few swordsmen, but he rarely thought about them anymore. To him, their was only one person worth remembering.

David, for the first time in over 5000 years, spoke.

“……w….h…..o?” David muttered, glancing back at the entity. He was asking for it’s name, if it had any, his speech was broken, and his voice hoarse.

David cocked his head, glancing at the sword with a look of confusion and hesitation. It seemed…odd somehow, to see someone holding a blade. In a past life…he had met a few swordsmen, but he rarely thought about them anymore. To him, their was only one person worth remembering.

David, for the first time in over 5000 years, spoke.

“……w….h…..o?” David muttered, glancing back at the entity. He was asking for it’s name, if it had any, his speech was broken, and his voice hoarse.
"....."

The person didn't say anything, simply stared at David. They examined him, which swiftly ended.

"...You speak English...?"

Their words were far more structured than David's, but they still carried a tone of the effort that was put in to force them out, displaying that the person, who sounded like a woman, had also not talked in a while.

David stared at the person in return, clearly surprised that they understood him, much less formed a coherent sentence.

he nodded quickly, a strange feeling filling his body. Was it…excitement? Hope? David wasn’t sure, but he hadn’t felt the emotion in a long time. He hadn't expected to meet another....person inside of this hell.

“….Y…e…s” David muttered.

"......who.....are....you....?" David repeated. His mouth grew a bit more used to form words again, albeit it still took significant effort and labor on his part.

"...Who am I?" The person said.

"...That... I don't think that really matters." They said.

"Or maybe it does...? Idon'tknow.MaybeI'mjustlosingmymindIthinkImayhavealreadylostit.Hahironicisn'titthatI'vecompletelylostmymind?" They talked at a speed at which David couldn't understand their sentences, but it didn't matter. The person simply laughed.

"...I don't remember my name. I don't remember anything anymore. All I know... Is this place. And this sword stuck to my hand." They said.

"What's your name...?"

Back