• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"She ain't? Well, you'll be fine for now." Dante tanked David's attack, his elbow practically exploding on contact with the man's face.

"Or not...? Hey, you holdin' out on me, man?" Dante threw David, launching through the walls of the arena, through the stands, and into one of the wooden houses as he ignored Rory.

Rory stood there.

"Th-This guy... What is he...?" His strength was intoxicating. A mixture of raw strength and technique, and his body just wasn't normal... Was he human or calamity? Or a demon?

"Damnit..." But she'd fought plenty of opponents that were stronger than here before. That wasn't the problem.

"He's looking for me... Me...? He's going to kill me, I'm no match for him. I can't die here, I have people to protect. I can't move... If I tell him I'm Rory, he'll kill me... And I can't do that to Kiara..." She thought to herself, sweating profusely.

David slowly staggered to his feet, forcefully ripping out several of the wooden pieces of the house from his body as he slowly regenerated his left elbow.

"damn...I've never seen Rory freeze up like that before..." David thought, trying his best to catch his breath as stars danced in his vision.

"....If I told him....that she was Rory...he'd probably stop attacking me...right?" David realized.

"...it would be easy....I just...tell him she's Rory...maybe he'd let me off scott free? maybe....maybe he wouldn't kill me" David thought.

he shook the thought out of his head.

"...hah, I'm pathetic..." David muttered. slowly dragging his body out of the wreckage.

"...what kinda comrade would I be....if I told on her...just to save my own skin...?" David thought.

David suddenly doubled over, vomiting blood onto the ground below him.

"...I'll stall him for as long as I can....hopefully, Antares or one of the other Ragnarok members are on their way..." David thought.

David suddenly leaped forward, returned into the arena and flew towards Dante, his own reactive power level kicking in, converting the damage he was feeling into more power as he dashed towards the man, clasping his hands together, he created a blackhole, before firing it at Dante, imbuing it with his matter manipulation with the hopes that he could damage him at the subatomic level.

Dante was once again unmoving as he was hit with King Tiger's attack.

"Hmmm... I'll give you a 10/10 for effort, King Tiger." A trickle of blood ran down his nose as he smirked at David.

"Alright! PICK UP THE PACE!!" Dante delivered a clear-cut and simple right hook to David's face, many times stronger than any attack he had previously thrown out, sending the wrestler flying farther than before.

"Let's do this, King Tiger! Gimme a bit more of that strength you showed me when you came back!" Dante dashed towards David at alarming speeds, appearing behind him as he slammed his fist into the wrestler's back, shattering his spine and destroying a large portion of his torso once again, sending him flying back to the arena.

"Come on, come on!"

Dante then delivered a left hook to David's jaw, knocking the wrestler straight into the ground, sending him plummeting into the Earth below them.

David half crawled, half staggered to his feet, his regeneration working overtime just to repair his broken spine and torso from the man's fierce assault. his teeth were shattered from the right and left hook, and his jaw hung loosely from his mouth by a thread of flesh. But David ignored them both, focusing only on regenerating the parts of his body essential for combat.

"....If there's one thing I know how to do it's how to take a beating..." David thought, his reactive power level kicking in again and he felt power surge into his body. Additionally, he activated another one of his dream abilities.

Activation Dream: On-The-Ropes. A technique that allowed David to forcefully convert his feeling of pain into additional power. David used the sensation of pain he was experiencing, combined with the damage caused, to drastically increase his physical stats. His body glowed a red hue as he rocketed towards Dante again.

Immediately he sprouted hundreds of willpower arms from his body. Which stretched forward, pelting Dante with a barrage of attacks as he constantly bombarded him. At the same time, David would turn in mid-air and drop kick Dante in the stomach, using his Gravity manipulation to drastically increase the weight and momentum behind the blow.

Last edited:
David half crawled, half staggered to his feet, his regeneration working overtime just to repair his broken spine and torso from the man's fierce assault. his teeth were shattered from the right and left hook, and his jaw hung loosely from his mouth by a thread of flesh. But David ignored them both, focusing only on regenerating the parts of his body essential for combat.

"....If there's one thing I know how to do it's how to take a beating..." David thought, his reactive power level kicking in again and he felt power surge into his body. Additionally, he activated another one of his dream abilities.

Activation Dream: On-The-Ropes. A technique that allowed David to forcefully convert his feeling of pain into additional power. David used the sensation of pain he was experiencing, combined with the damage caused, to drastically increase his physical stats. His body glowed a red hue as he rocketed towards Dante again.

Immediately he sprouted hundreds of willpower arms from his body. Which stretched forward, pelting Dante with a barrage of attacks as he constantly bombarded him. At the same time, David would turn in mid-air and drop kick Dante in the stomach, using his Gravity manipulation to drastically increase the weight and momentum behind the blow.
"Pretty good." Dante licked away a trickle of blood that came from his mouth, tanking the attacks that had come out from David's willpower arms, grabbing David's foot as soon as it had touched his stomach, still tanking the attacks. He was clearly planning to make this an endurance match between the two.

"I could end the fight right here..." Dante thought to himself, "But why stop the fun right now!?"

Dante slammed David to the ground, a smile still plastered across his face even as he was being attacked by David's willpower arms. He began to pelt David with punches, each many times stronger than the last. Dante didn't even flinch as he was attacked by David as he continued to beat the man into the ground.

"The accursed spawn of Sparda makes his appearance..." Antares said, floating above the two.

"But why now...?" Antares thought to himself, "He hadn't emerged before... Is the Demon God Belial's battle with The Ultimate Evil truly attracting so much attention...?"

Antares thought, "Even so... If I tried stopping Dante here I probably would come out crippled." Antares said, "Even so... Your durability really is impressive, David. I hadn't realized you'd had so much untapped potential..."

Antares smirked, "If he survives this he'd be worth training."

"Pretty good." Dante licked away a trickle of blood that came from his mouth, tanking the attacks that had come out from David's willpower arms, grabbing David's foot as soon as it had touched his stomach, still tanking the attacks. He was clearly planning to make this an endurance match between the two.

"I could end the fight right here..." Dante thought to himself, "But why stop the fun right now!?"

Dante slammed David to the ground, a smile still plastered across his face even as he was being attacked by David's willpower arms. He began to pelt David with punches, each many times stronger than the last. Dante didn't even flinch as he was attacked by David as he continued to beat the man into the ground.

"The accursed spawn of Sparda makes his appearance..." Antares said, floating above the two.

"But why now...?" Antares thought to himself, "He hadn't emerged before... Is the Demon God Belial's battle with The Ultimate Evil truly attracting so much attention...?"

Antares thought, "Even so... If I tried stopping Dante here I probably would come out crippled." Antares said, "Even so... Your durability really is impressive, David. I hadn't realized you'd had so much untapped potential..."

Antares smirked, "If he survives this he'd be worth training."
David barely managed to survive the barrage of punches, each hit shaving off pieces of his flesh and snapping his bones like twigs as David's regeneration and body control worked in tandem to keep him from becoming incapacitated. David let out an incomprehensible, guttural noise from what was left of his mouth, created a portal underneath him, he teleported above Dante and immediately slammed his knee into the man's face, before throwing a series of wild haymakers at Dante's face, putting all of his strength behind each blow in a desperate hope to gain some kind of advantage. All the while, his reactive power level was trying to push him far past his normal strength, his muscles visibly bulging as power coursed through his veins.

David barely managed to survive the barrage of punches, each hit shaving off pieces of his flesh and snapping his bones like twigs as David's regeneration and body control worked in tandem to keep him from becoming incapacitated. David let out an incomprehensible, guttural noise from what was left of his mouth, created a portal underneath him, he teleported above Dante and immediately slammed his knee into the man's face, before throwing a series of wild haymakers at Dante's face, putting all of his strength behind each blow in a desperate hope to gain some kind of advantage. All the while, his reactive power level was trying to push him far past his normal strength, his muscles visibly bulging as power coursed through his veins.
"HAHAHAHA!!!" Dante didn't seem to be bothered by the portals that Yharon was opening nor the power of the strikes that David had been delivering towards him as he matched David blow for blow. For every punch David threw out, Dante let out 10, and for every 10 David let out, Dante would throw out 1000.

"Come on, King Tiger! You've got more in the tank, I just know it! Release your true potential!!" Dante shouted out before he jumped forward and grabbed David's face, slamming it straight into his knee, shaving off the top of David's head.

"He's gotta have more than this, right...?" Dante thought.

As they fought, Rory noticed Antares, teleporting to him. "Why the hell aren't you helping him?!" She asked.

"I could ask you the same question. After all, he's looking for Rory the 6th, not King Tiger." Antares said as he watched the fight.

"That's... That's because I'm no match for him. I'd die if I tried to fight him." Rory said.

"You think David is a match? Surely he's growing through the fight but no matter how much he does... That demon spawn will outstrip him in power. The same goes for Yharon."

"...Of course, I know that." Rory said, "So... That's why I don't understand why your not helping!"

"And yet they still fight on. Knowing their chances of winning are practically non-existent of course they'd fight on. Why aren't you?" Antares asked.

"...If I die in that fight, I'll be leaving everything I care about behind. I'll be abandoning Kiara, Rio, Gabriel, and Belial..." Rory said, crossing her arms.

"And haven't you done that before? What a coward you are, Rory." Those words caused Rory to freeze up.

"I can't kill him. Nor can Metatron, although it's possible for Cullthane to incapacitate him somewhat with magic. The blood in his veins gives him nigh-unbreakable stamina and durability. That's why I don't fight. Because if you lose me, your chances of defeating him when he's possibly weakened drop drastically." Antares said.

"...Not even Metatron...?" Rory asked, shaking slightly.

"Not even Metatron, yeah. Dante's father was a Maou-Class Demon known as Sparda. I don't know what that cretin did to make his son so powerful... But it isn't good for him or for us." Antares said.

"Your very noisy, half-demon." Cullthane said, turning to Dante with a generally neutral expression on his face, with the slightest smirk

Yharon glanced at rory as he fired countless weapons at Dante, avoiding David entirely

"You caught us at a time when we wouldn't be strong enough to deal with you, Dante... actually, scratch that, the only one who could possibly deal with you is that purple-clad Seraphim over there!" Yharon called out

"HAHAHAHA!!!" Dante didn't seem to be bothered by the portals that Yharon was opening nor the power of the strikes that David had been delivering towards him as he matched David blow for blow. For every punch David threw out, Dante let out 10, and for every 10 David let out, Dante would throw out 1000.

"Come on, King Tiger! You've got more in the tank, I just know it! Release your true potential!!" Dante shouted out before he jumped forward and grabbed David's face, slamming it straight into his knee, shaving off the top of David's head.

"He's gotta have more than this, right...?" Dante thought.

As they fought, Rory noticed Antares, teleporting to him. "Why the hell aren't you helping him?!" She asked.

"I could ask you the same question. After all, he's looking for Rory the 6th, not King Tiger." Antares said as he watched the fight.

"That's... That's because I'm no match for him. I'd die if I tried to fight him." Rory said.

"You think David is a match? Surely he's growing through the fight but no matter how much he does... That demon spawn will outstrip him in power. The same goes for Yharon."

"...Of course, I know that." Rory said, "So... That's why I don't understand why your not helping!"

"And yet they still fight on. Knowing their chances of winning are practically non-existent of course they'd fight on. Why aren't you?" Antares asked.

"...If I die in that fight, I'll be leaving everything I care about behind. I'll be abandoning Kiara, Rio, Gabriel, and Belial..." Rory said, crossing her arms.

"And haven't you done that before? What a coward you are, Rory." Those words caused Rory to freeze up.

"I can't kill him. Nor can Metatron, although it's possible for Cullthane to incapacitate him somewhat with magic. The blood in his veins gives him nigh-unbreakable stamina and durability. That's why I don't fight. Because if you lose me, your chances of defeating him when he's possibly weakened drop drastically." Antares said.

"...Not even Metatron...?" Rory asked, shaking slightly.

"Not even Metatron, yeah. Dante's father was a Maou-Class Demon known as Sparda. I don't know what that cretin did to make his son so powerful... But it isn't good for him or for us." Antares said.

"....am I going to die here...?" David thought to himself, the last knee Dante had delivered momentarily causing him to blackout as his regeneration was reaching its limit. He barely heard Yharon's and Culthane's conversation as his ears rang with pain.

"...why?" David thought.

"...Rory and Antares are right there....why don't they help....?" David thought

"...their both...better fighters...their both stronger than me....this guy didn't even come here for me!"

Anger began to rise in David's throat, anger at the unfairness of fighting an opponent who he could never reach, anger that he would die here, unable to see his wife one last time....as two of his stronger allies watched.

As Yharon pelted the man with weapons, David let out another guttural noise as he plunged his fist into Dante's face, extending his thumb into his eyes in hopes of gouging it out of its socket. At the same time, he attempted to summon a blackhole inside Dante's skull. Hoping to tear the man apart from the inside out. He was no longer fighting to stall...he was fighting to survive.

"Come on, man..." Dante teleported behind David right before either his fingers or the black hole could touch him, letting out a sigh of disappointment.

"Dude, that's your limit? That's all you can do?" Dante said, unsheathing the sword on his back.

"What a ******* bore, dude."

Dante kneeled down, poking David as if he was some sort of dead animal.

"Gonna get up anytime soon? You'll have to surpass flimsy bullshit like limits if you want this little visit to be worth my time, kiddo."

"Come on, man..." Dante teleported behind David right before either his fingers or the black hole could touch him, letting out a sigh of disappointment.

"Dude, that's your limit? That's all you can do?" Dante said, unsheathing the sword on his back.

"What a ******* bore, dude."

Dante kneeled down, poking David as if he was some sort of dead animal.

"Gonna get up anytime soon? You'll have to surpass flimsy bullshit like limits if you want this little visit to be worth my time, kiddo."
David laid on the ground, breathing heavily. Slowly, he tried standing up but falling down again.

He tried again, this time managed to stand to his feet. His legs trembled, and blood streamed down from the many injuries across his body.

He wouldn't die here. He refused to.

Slowly, he began walking towards Dante. His legs creaked as he nearly buckled under his weight.

".....Masayoshi...." David thought. He began to move faster, his movements displaying his pure desperation to stay alive. to beat the insurmountable wall in front of him Adrenaline pumped through his body, his determination and sheer force of will being the only thing that kept him moving.

"....I love you..." David thought. If this was his final stand, he wanted to go out thinking of the best person he had ever met.

Power began to spike throughout David's body, as he pumped his activation dream and reactive power level into overdrive, reaching an entirely new level of strength as he stood at death's door. His body began to break itself down, as David forcefully shut down and converted all non-essential body processes, saving only those that would allow him to fight. His brain shut out everything, leaving only his instinct for surviving and fighting. David screeched, his speech completely incomprehensible, resembling more of a wounded animal than anything else.

David half launched, half fell towards Dante, and began his assault, aiming a vicious kick onto the man's knee, before slamming his arm into his neck, if this was successful, he would lift both of his hands in the air, before brutally slamming them down onto the man's skull. He would continue to barrage the man with wild, reckless blows, in a desperate, last-ditch attempt of stopping him.

"Oho?" Dante let out an impressed whistle as he felt David's leg slam into his knee, hearing a loud popping sound come out from his knee.

"So you broke my knee? Or did yours break?" David could also feel his leg snap violently from the sheer durability of Dante, but in this state, it probably didn't matter.

"What was that you were saying, boy? That breaking one's limits wasn't as easy as I thought? This is what I'm talkin' about, baby!" Dante shouted out, ignoring everybody in the area but David.

Dante tanked David's attack to his head before delivering a punch to his face as well, his strikes becoming more powerful. He dodged some blows, got hit by a few, and kept going on, hoping David would do the same.

"I could end the fight right here and there..." Dante thought as he and David continued to clash, both of them getting more powerful.

"BUT WHY END THE FUN HERE!?" Dante shouted out as he continued to assault David with strikes that were gradually increasing in power.

"See him down there? Even in this impossible situation, he pushes forward. Why aren't you doing that, Rory?" Antares asked.

"Because I..."

"You don't want to leave Kiara and Rio behind, right? It's understandable. But right now your friend is fighting for his life with just as much to lose." Antares said.

"...I... I don't..."

"Weren't you like that, Ms. Hero of the Dream World? Fighting fervently even if your body was destroyed in the process? In fact, let me call Kiara right now and see how she reacts." Antares said, talking into a wristwatch.

"Kiara. Yeah, it's me, Antares. Yes, we have an intruder, a Cambion. A Cambion is a Hybrid between a Demon and a Human, Kiara, you should know this. He's beating the **** out of David. How long until your training ends? You'll end it now? Great." Antares then ended the call.

"Did- Did you just call Kiara here...?" Rory asked.

"Yeah. She's pissed. Extremely." Antares said.

"I did tell Gabriel I wouldn't harm any of them... however that thing could tear the place up and disturb the general peace and quiet here as well as make its way to Gabriel... I suppose I'll be stepping in with this Kiara girl." Cullthane thought, raising his hand and summoning an extremely ornate golden staff to him from his home and created a barrier around David, his attack wasn't at full power, the Seraphim knew damn well that hitting Dante with his stronger attacks would only make him more powerful if that Cambion wished it, so, he went for distraction rather then actual lethality

"Oho?" Dante let out an impressed whistle as he felt David's leg slam into his knee, hearing a loud popping sound come out from his knee.

"So you broke my knee? Or did yours break?" David could also feel his leg snap violently from the sheer durability of Dante, but in this state, it probably didn't matter.

"What was that you were saying, boy? That breaking one's limits wasn't as easy as I thought? This is what I'm talkin' about, baby!" Dante shouted out, ignoring everybody in the area but David.

Dante tanked David's attack to his head before delivering a punch to his face as well, his strikes becoming more powerful. He dodged some blows, got hit by a few, and kept going on, hoping David would do the same.

"I could end the fight right here and there..." Dante thought as he and David continued to clash, both of them getting more powerful.

"BUT WHY END THE FUN HERE!?" Dante shouted out as he continued to assault David with strikes that were gradually increasing in power.

"See him down there? Even in this impossible situation, he pushes forward. Why aren't you doing that, Rory?" Antares asked.

"Because I..."

"You don't want to leave Kiara and Rio behind, right? It's understandable. But right now your friend is fighting for his life with just as much to lose." Antares said.

"...I... I don't..."

"Weren't you like that, Ms. Hero of the Dream World? Fighting fervently even if your body was destroyed in the process? In fact, let me call Kiara right now and see how she reacts." Antares said, talking into a wristwatch.

"Kiara. Yeah, it's me, Antares. Yes, we have an intruder, a Cambion. A Cambion is a Hybrid between a Demon and a Human, Kiara, you should know this. He's beating the **** out of David. How long until your training ends? You'll end it now? Great." Antares then ended the call.

"Did- Did you just call Kiara here...?" Rory asked.

"Yeah. She's pissed. Extremely." Antares said.
David's body...was rapidly deteriorating. His limits weren't truly broken, his last barrage akin to a dying man's last struggles. Now that Dante had survived his blows, David was rapidly losing his momentum, his body breaking apart every time he was struck, his regeneration barely functioning to save him. He attempted to match one of Dante's blows, only for his arm to completely shatter, his bones turning into dust as the demon hybrid smashed through him. But that didn't stop him. When his arms were gone, he used his feet, and once those were broken, he began headbutting the man. He used every conceivable part of his body, every fiber of his being, to survive Dante's barrage. But...he was only human.

and he had reached his limit.

After one final blow from Dante' David fell to the ground, blood pooling all around him. He let out one final screech, and tried to struggle to his feet....but....it was over. David fell back to the ground, the walking corpse finally ceasing its movements as he laid there.

"I did tell Gabriel I wouldn't harm any of them... however that thing could tear the place up and disturb the general peace and quiet here as well as make its way to Gabriel... I suppose I'll be stepping in with this Kiara girl." Cullthane thought, raising his hand and summoning an extremely ornate golden staff to him from his home and created a barrier around David, his attack wasn't at full power, the Seraphim knew damn well that hitting Dante with his stronger attacks would only make him more powerful if that Cambion wished it, so, he went for distraction rather then actual lethality
David's body was enveloped in Cullthanes barrier, but David himself was too far gone to even process what was happening. If he were in better shape, he likely would have thanked Culthane for possibly saving his life.

Last edited:
"Huh?" Dante stopped pummeling David as he noticed the barrier form around David. "Hey, what the hell?" Dante poked at the barrier, confused.

"Uh, are you sure Kiara can even fight against him...?" Rory asked.

"No idea, actually." Antares said, "All I know is that David's life was just saved..."

"Hey kid, is this one of your techniques? If it is it's a really boring one." Dante turned away from Cullthane towards David, a look of confusion on his face as he drew his blade.

"Or is it that hot friend of yours' move?" Dante asked, referring to Cullthane.

"Get up." Dante kicked the barrier, "We ain't done yet. I thought you'd broken your limits..."

"Shut the hell up, will you?" Gabriel teleported into the barrier, picking David up and teleporting him out of the portal. She threw him towards Antares nonchalantly, sneering and sighing.

"Damn, is this a party or what?!" Dante said.

"The one with the six-wings is a dude, by the way," Gabriel said.

"So?" Dante said as he glared at the group, mounting his sword on his back.

"Are you King Tiger's buddies or whatever?"

"Meh."

Dante launched a kick in front of him, blowing a large hole in space which the portal went into, another portal being created behind him which sent the beam away from him.

"Whatever you say, pal-"

"Now that Cullthane's stepping in... This should be easier." Antares teleported behind Dante, grabbing his head and throwing him into the ceiling.

"Kiara should be catching up to him soon. For now, we should focus on healing David. Luckily, Dante didn't apply any sort of immortality or regeneration negation in his attacks so he could drag on the fight." Antares said, holding David's broken body in his arm, the passive healing aura that healed him when he got here beginning to put his body back together.

"Kiara... She's... She's gonna fight that guy...?" Rory asked, turning to Antares.

"Yeah. You know, this whole pussy act is really out of character, Rory." Antares said.

(Boom! 4th wall break!)

"Damn. You're strong. That's hot." Dante smiled, quickly tearing out the weird creatures from his body and those who he couldn't get out... Well, let's just say they didn't have a good time inside the Cambion as he swiftly adapted to them. It was probably obvious that trying to fight Dante with Dante wasn't a good idea.

"Well, whatever... I can tell I won't be getting a date from you." Dante swiftly jumped down from the ceiling, landing in the fractured arena, smiling as he stretched out.

"Now, where's my next opponent?" He said as he did various stretches, "Some bitch named Kiara, right?"

"Yeah. She'll be here once her sense of the world restores itself..." Antares said, a swirl of fire forming in his hand that he shot towards Dante in the form of a super-charged beam.

"For now, we'll both be your opponents."

"Fine by me." Dante said, "Let's hope King Tiger doesn't die. He was a pretty good workout, not gonna lie. Had he broken his limits... Well, let's just say that would've been interesting, now wouldn't it have?" Dante said as he did the portal thing again.

"Shut up," Antares said as his beam swirled, slamming into Dante's back, burning up his clothes, leaving a large scorch mark on his backside.

"I like talkin' though, dragon boy!" Dante said as he dashed towards Cullthane and Antares.

"This is depressing, you can't even adapt to my usual attacks." Cullthane said as he nonchalantly made cuts on Dante's arm that didn't seem to be able to heal, hell, even trying to adapt to it seemed to fail

"Death by cuts, death by crushing, death by obliteration, there's no difference, in the end, you die." Cullthane said

"Or I just do this." Dante flexed his muscles, his arm violently exploding which instantly regenerated into a new arm.

"Just give me a few minutes and I'll get used to your magic," Dante said, flashing a smile at the Seraphim.

"Or you can just die."

A giant hammer came falling down from the sky, slamming onto Dante as Antares summoned various King-Class dragons that stacked on top of the hammer to increase the weight.

"Damn...!" Dante thought to himself, "This is fun!"

"Finish him off, Cullthane."

"Or I can treat yah to dinner!" Dante suddenly appeared behind Antares, delivering a kick to him that went faster than he could react, slamming into his neck.

"Do you like Italian?" Dante asked the Seraphim before Antares grabbed Dante by the leg swinging him like a ragdoll and flinging him into the ceiling once more.

"Give him too much time and he'll even adapt to your magic. Finish him off in one blow before he asks you out on a date again." Antares said as the top half of his head, which was completely vaporized by Dante's attack, began to heal.

"And do you honestly think I'd let you do that? That lore of magic has defenses against adaptation, you'll be feeling them soon." Cullthane said, the cuts reappearing and growing worse, cutting to the point where it was cutting into Dante's being and essence, causing the side effects of such

"Unfortunately for you, try and adapt to too much of that lore and it'll repeatedly erase you until the end of everything, past what even Arcturus was capable of adapting to." Cullthane said

"Arcturus?!" Dante shouted out.

"And who's that!?" He shouted out, his voice slowly becoming even more contorted. "Was he your boyfriend or what!? Ah, I get it. That's why you wouldn't go out with me, cause you've already got a man!! Gotcha!"

Suddenly, weird scales began to form on Dante, but...

"You can adapt to this, Dante." A voice rang out throughout his head.

"That is how I designed you... That is what I labored for eons over. You are my unstoppable weapon."

"Shut the hell up..." Dante thought back.

"That was what you were conceived for, Dante! To be unstoppable! To be unbeatable. All you have to do... Is take my power for yourself, Dante. Adapt to this. Push the limit. OVERCOME IT!!"

"ENOUGH!!" Suddenly, the cuts completely disappeared, Cullthane's magic completely dispersing off his body as he seemed labored, his voice back to normal.

"That's enough... I don't need your power, Sparda. I don't need your research!" He shouted, breathing heavily as suddenly a stream of fire slammed into him, sending him flying far away.

"Looks like that's her." Antares said as he completely regenerated, "Looks like he's really into you, heh." Antares chuckled.

"I'M GONNA ******* KILL YOU!!!"

Was all Dante could hear as he was slammed out of the base and into some empty field which seemed to be what made up the outside of the base as he was relentlessly and violently pummeled by fists that shaved away his skin on impact and burned away his muscles. Kiara was relentless, her crimson eyes flaring up in a violent rage that couldn't be stopped by any manipulation of time, space, or dimensions.

"Haha..." Dante thought to himself, "Hah! This bitch is really pissed off." He thought as Kiara continued to pummel him.

"And he's strong... Unbelievably strong. So strong to the point that she makes King Tiger look like a joke." Dante licked his lips, grabbing Kiara's arms, stopping her in her tracks.

"**** off!" Kiara shouted out as she tore her arms away from Dante, punching him once again, creating a large chasm in the ground which he was launched into.

"HAHA! Your amazing!" Dante said, instantly floating out of the large hole in the ground. "Way more interesting than that ****** with the 6-wings. Actually, you remind me a little bit of my mother... Big bitch, long hair, and... pregnant, it seems...?" Dante said, glancing at Kiara.

"Hey, I don't really wanna fight a pregnant chick..." Dante said, wiping some blood from his mouth as he healed-

BOOM!

"Yah ain't listening, huh!?" Kiara delivered a vicious kick right to Dante's chin, knocking him farther into the air, vaporizing part of his face.

"Pregnant? I could give two ***** if I'm pregnant... My kid is going to be fine." Kiara said as she cracked her knuckles, "Because I'm going to ******* kill you!!"

Dante laughed once more, "Hahaha! Your ******* insane, you know that!?" Dante dashed down towards Kiara as she formed multiple swords made from solid fire, appearing as a red/orange material.

Dante drew the sword that was mounted on his back as he smiled, following with Kiara grabbing two of the blades, attempting to stab him. The sheer force of her swings completely obliterated space and time, allowing her to hit him without any problems. Dante simply smiled at this, gripping his blade as he deflected the swords, shattering them. Kiara didn't falter, the shards simply forming into more blazing swords which stabbed into Dante's back. Dante continued to smile, ripping the blades out of his body and dropkicking Kiara as she blocked the attack with her arms, being sent flying back.

She dug her feet into the ground, slowing herself down, but Dante didn't even think to let up with his assault as he covered his blade in crimson energy, delivering an uncountable number of slashes that moved in nearly every direction towards her, homing in on Kiara. Kiara slammed her feet into the ground to come to a stop, covering her fists in concentrated fire.

She got into a stance, taking a deep breath in and out. She swung her fist downward, creating a large hole in space that swiftly expanded and consumed the blasts, redirecting them away from her and towards Dante. Kiara concentrated the broken space around her fist, releasing it as an enormous beam that would serve to completely erase Dante from existence, Kiara layering it with every power nullification and resistance negating ability she could muster.

"DO IT, DANTE!! ACCEPT THE POWER!"

Suddenly, an enormous flash of light covered Dante's entire body, but Kiara paid no mind to it, simply dashing forward along with the beam she had released to deliver a follow-up attack in case Dante had survived. Dante simply let out one more cackle.

"I won't ever accept your power, Sparda!" Dante shouted out as his arm was swiftly covered in weird scales that contorted into spikes, the arm in which he held his sword, his right arm, seeming to resemble that of a demon's...

The beam that Kiara released clashed against Dante's flesh, deflecting off him, the energy being spread away and shifting into various other beams that hit other parts of the ground, even flying back into the base. "But... This isn't your power, is it? This is the power that I've cultivated on my own through countless battles." Kiara continued to ignore Dante, delivering a vicious punch to his face.

"Demonization. 10%" Dante's voice contorted as his eyes flashed crimson, catching Kiara's punch in his normal hand. Kiara simply increased the power, using her explosions to propel her fist forward, pushing Dante back, but his feet remained in the ground. "Why the hell do you care so much about King Tiger?"

Dante asked before delivering a counter-strike to her face, launching her straight into the air. As soon as his fist connected, he connected some of his energy to her face like it was some sort of elastic putty, pulling her right back down to him before he released another vicious punch right to her face, and another, and another, the barrage only getting stronger and faster with each strike.

"Your damn right that I care about him..."

Kiara didn't even flinch as her face was violently blown to pieces. With each strike, she created a forcefield right above her skin to significantly lessen the damage that she would take, delivering various counter-strikes to every area in Dante's body. The face, the chest, the stomach, the spine, the neck, the groin, it didn't matter as long as she hit him.

"Because I admire the hell out of that guy for his bravery..."

Veins had begun to bulge on Kiara's forehead as she valiantly charged forward, shoving her fist straight into Dante's stomach, launching him into the air. As soon as her fist had made contact, she replicated Dante's little trick somewhat, wrapping her flames around his waist and instantly pulling him back down, slamming her fist right back into his stomach.

"Even so, if he lost to you..."

Dante was once again sent flying into the air, but she pulled him back and continued punching him. Even as her fist was turned into nothing but a stump due to his durability, she regenerated from it and continued to strike him without end, not even confined by any manipulation of space her time, the hero's fist reached Dante and continued to punch him.

"If he lost to you, then there's absolutely no ******* way I'm going to lose!"

Dante slammed his fist into Kiara's head, knocking her to the ground. She skillfully slid across the ground, moving backward to avoid his next attack as red energy began to radiate off his body. All he did was laugh, a psychotic grin plastered across his face as his hair stood up.

"WOW! What a ******* riot! Your ******* amazing, Kiara! I can see it in your eyes, yknow!?"

Two large desert eagles floated out from Dante's back pocket, floating next to him as his sword, which was previously a shiny silver, turned completely blood red. Dante's arm grew larger, more monstrous than ever before, as he continued to smile at Kiara, his aura melting everything around him like nothing.

"Within your eyes, I see countless struggles. Countless years of fighting experience. Countless years of pain and suffering. Countless screams and cries for help, countless cries to be helped by your loved ones. That was a little girl..."

Dante got into a running start position, the crimson aura that was previously chaotic and undefined swirling around Dante and forming a sphere that continuously grew as he concentrated the energy. Black lightning and thunder sprouted off of his person, his voice continuing to become more contorted.

"But you know what I see now? I see eyes that were hardened from countless years of fighting experience. Muscles that are honed to the perfection of your weight class, technique polished to the pinnacle of martial arts. I see another person within you... And that person and you are completely one and the same."

Kiara walked towards Dante without fear or hesitation. She clenched her fists, also getting into a running start position as blue fire covered her hands and feet, forming into large blue boots and gloves that had tiny wings on them. "Hermes."

"And I bet once you've got that kid outta you, you'll be even stronger! Aha! Just thinking about it gets me going even more than that six-winged twink..."

Kiara concentrated all of her explosive power into her hands and feet, the gloves and boots compressing around her hands and feet, signifying that she was preparing to release all of her stored up power in a gigantic explosion.

"But whatever! Now, I can't go beyond this level of Demonization lest I do something I'd rather not do! But! I'll be pushing myself to the absolute limits of my power with 10%! Try to keep up!"

"Shut your mouth and come at me!!" Kiara shouted out, tired of all of Dante's blabbering. "You talk SO MUCH! This is a fight not a ******* opera! Close your mouth and JUST FIGHT!!" She shouted out.

"Gladly."

Dante jumped forward, his sheer speed completely erasing everything around him from existence. He stepped forward once, and then twice, and with that, black lightning swirled around him as he ran in a circle around Kiara, swirling around her only to follow up with a punch directly to her stomach. He didn't care if she was pregnant or not. Now wasn't the time to care. For him, now was the time to fight.

Kiara was sent flying, as simple as that, a beam of chaotic energy following her that caused destruction wherever it went. What lay inside the chaotic force was the souls of trillions, chaotic screams filling the area, a grotesque requiem of energy and that would serve to turn Kiara into nothing to save her the pain. But...

She defended. As soon as she was hit with Dante's monstrous power, she created barriers, countless barriers, various symbols forming around each and every one of them that would serve to even further absorb the damage, the pattern that formed seeming to resemble something like... A mandala?

"Shield formation." Kiara formed an inescapable dome around herself and Dante to contain the damage that they would cause. Immediately, she formed countless swords made from the solid flame which she immediately pelted towards Dante, creating explosions at the edge of them which served to further propel them through space and time.

Dante's guns returned to him, firing countless bullets that clashed with Kiara's weapons while he held his sword tightly, various red slashes of energy shooting themselves off of it without Dante even seeming to move, instantly homing in on Kiara. From those red slashes, more formed, and more formed from those, and even more formed along with his bullets which he was releasing a constant stream of.

Kiara snapped her fingers, countless small strings forming off of her right hand and arm as Dante's projectiles came flying towards her. These strings were made of fire, the strings forming into a web that spanned the entire dome she had created, each and every projectile violently exploding upon contact with the strings.

"Die." Her voice seemed to be overlapped with someone else's...

She clenched her fists, causing the web to contract and swarm around Dante, hoping to crush him with sheer mass and heat. Dante was instantly covered in an enormous fireball as the strings violently crashed against him.

Dante said nothing. He didn't laugh, nor did he scream out in rage. He simply smiled and broke free from Kiara's trap, releasing a burst of energy that completely obliterated her strings and violently cracked her dome. With that, he dashed towards the hero, grabbing her by the arms. With that, he pulled her towards himself, delivering a violent headbutt which Kiara met hed on.

They both screamed with passion, the dome that surrounded them exploded as both of their powers rapidly increased. Kiara propelled herself forward with a large explosion, violently increasing her power as she shattered Dante's skull, knocking him away from her. But as soon as he was knocked away, he twisted his body and grabbed one of his guns, firing a bullet which violently swirled around Kiara, hitting her in the back and exploding on contact, burning away the skin and muscles on her back.

Despite that, Dante was still knocked away as he prepared to fire more bullets at her, expecting such an assault to have at least slowed Kiara down, but even so, she stood there, simply holding her arm which she surrounded with fire, forming a blade.

"Hah..." He smiled, and then grabbed his sword as tight as he could, a beam of red energy coming off the blade.

"Rebellion Breaker."

And thus, they clashed with all of their remaining might, both of them getting stronger in the process. Various mandalas formed behind Kiara, her physical strength and speed being pushed far behind what her body should've been able to handle.

And the result...

"This is the best day of my life, Kiara." Both of them were dealt severe damage, Dante's upper half falling down from his lower half as blood shot into the air, causing it to rain down from the sky. A large scar appeared on Kiara's chest and ran down her stomach as she groaned in frustration. Not because of the injury itself, but because of the possible effects it could have on the baby.

"Don't worry, I purposely didn't apply any regeneration negation taking into account that kid you've got growing inside you. That wound should heal within a few hours. As for me..." Crimson tendrils sprouted from Dante's lower half which forcefully connected his upper half back, the wound instantly closing.

"You cut me in half... I'm enamored at your sheer power." He said, "To think that a human would be capable of achieving such heights through effort alone is astounding on it's own. And yet... Why am I alive? Were you not going for the kill?" Dante asked.

"....There isn't anything good about this strength," Kiara said, her voice returning to normal.

"I can protect my friends and family... my loved ones... But the things that I went through to attain it..." Kiara began to shiver, blood staining her hair and clothes as it continued to rain down.

"I still remember every moment. I couldn't possibly forget it. And I don't know if this strength was worth all the pain." Kiara said.

"Hah! That's the talk of a weakling, Kiara." Dante shouted out, mocking his opponent.

"People like you and me are different! We've pushed the limit and transcended bullshit like all of that. As a human, you could stand among them all as a god among gods! And you still despise your strength?" Dante asked.

"I don't want... My kid... To grow up in a world that's dictated by strength and fighting ability." Kiara said, her trembling ceasing.

"...What...?" Dante said.

"I want Rio to live a normal life. I don't want him to have to worry about the next enemy to come or to have to worry about being the strongest. I don't want him to have to fight in wars, like Rory or David... Or to have him dictate kingdoms, like Yharon." Kiara said, causing Dante to clench his fists.

"I just want him... To live a normal life. That's why I need to be strong enough to give that to him. Strong enough to make him happy when he gets here." She said.

"Foolishness, Kiara!!" Dante shouted, "UTTER FOOLISHNESS!" He shouted once more.

"The world is dictated through STRENGTH! People move forward through strength! You gain respect and status with strength! People dictate the world with strength! I will dictate the world through my strength! Without power, you'll utterly end up with this foolish weakness!" Dante said, pointing at Kiara.

"You seemed stronger than most, but I guess you were just a weakling after all." Dante kicked a hole in space, creating a crimson portal.

"I am going to drown this entire multiverse in chaos, Kiara. Such chaos that nobody, no warrior, no mage, no god, will be able to stop it. But I want you and your group to be able to." Dante said.

"Gain power, Dante..."

"...I want you to let go of that foolish ideology of yours and fully embrace the true meaning of absolute, unrivaled power!" Dante walked through the portal, it swiftly closing behind him.

"My precious little weapon... Gain power..."

Kiara walked back to the base, the walk taking her over half an hour, or however long given she transcended time. Her eyes were blank, displaying her sheer exhaustion. She soon walked back into the base, falling to her knees.

"Shit..." She said, groaning in discomfort.

David slowly began to regain consciousness, the passive healing Anteres had granted him preventing him from dying from his wounds. His eyes fluttered as he took a deep breath before immediately turning to his side and vomiting blood onto the ground below him. Sweat and blood poured from his body as he vaguely glanced around at the surrounding area.

"....."

"....Is....is...he gone...?" David said quietly, his voice hoarse. He wasn't sure if he was talking to anyone, or only himself. His mind still scrambled from the beating.

Back