• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Pretty much," Rory said, shrugging.

"I guess I was always so deadset on hating you, and that I was being the better person, that I sorta didn't realize that I kinda like... Don't have to be your friend, but I can still work with you, I guess. I guess I was just too absorbed in my own self-pity to realize I was being unreasonable." Rory said, shrugging once more.

David looked at her.

“…you’ve….changed a bit Rory.” David said, glancing at her.

“I uh…never thought you would say that sorta stuff to me.”

“…thankss for…for…uh…” David didn’t know how to form the words

“for trying…to establish a relationship with me that’s not…uh…negative. I guess” David said, scratching his head.

Last edited:
"..." Cullthane said nothing as he woke up, flying up to the ceiling of the place they were in, forming a structure that was very familiar to those who knew him, it was a crystalline formation, one that glittered various colors, no, it wasn't a rainbow, but one that coursed with magical energy, the sharp spines on the bottom of it and the lack of a ladder dictated one must jump or fly up.

If one looked at the structure held up by magic and pearl-like chains when they were on it they would see a long grassy field with trees around here and there, various fruits long thought completely eradicated filling them, with the center being a fairly boring-looking structure, just a white-wood house, but entering it one would see an ornately decorated structure with shelves of countless books further then even Cullthane himself could see, lights that allowed for easy reading shone down onto the various tables and chairs, with orbs on stands to find what book an individual was looking for, and at the opposite end of the entrance was Cullthane's study, dust settling on the door and knob due to over a thousand years of not being used.

Cullthane let out a long sigh and began walking to his study steadily, passing by brand new trees and bushes with new fruit, it was like a capsule that contained everything that was though lost and forgotten... but here, nothing was ever truly lost and forgotten, kept alive by a Cullthane of better days and never forgotten by the Seraphim of Arcturus.

David looked at her.

“…you’ve….changed a bit Rory.” David said, glancing at her.

“I uh…never thought you would say that sorta stuff to me.”

“…thank for…for…uh…” David didn’t know how to form the words

“for trying…to establish a relationship with me that’s not…uh…negative. I guess” David said, scratching his head.
"I wouldn't call it me trying to establish any sort of positive relationship... I guess it's just a work relationship. We're soldiers. Soldiers don't hold grudges against other soldiers, that'd impede our work." Rory said bluntly.
"..." Cullthane said nothing as he woke up, flying up to the ceiling of the place they were in, forming a structure that was very familiar to those who knew him, it was a crystalline formation, one that glittered various colors, no, it wasn't a rainbow, but one that coursed with magical energy, the sharp spines on the bottom of it and the lack of a ladder dictated one must jump or fly up.

If one looked at the structure held up by magic and pearl-like chains when they were on it they would see a long grassy field with trees around here and there, various fruits long thought completely eradicated filling them, with the center being a fairly boring-looking structure, just a white-wood house, but entering it one would see an ornately decorated structure with shelves of countless books further then even Cullthane himself could see, lights that allowed for easy reading shone down onto the various tables and chairs, with orbs on stands to find what book an individual was looking for, and at the opposite end of the entrance was Cullthane's study, dust settling on the door and knob due to over a thousand years of not being used.

Cullthane let out a long sigh and began walking to his study steadily, passing by brand new trees and bushes with new fruit, it was like a capsule that contained everything that was though lost and forgotten... but here, nothing was ever truly lost and forgotten, kept alive by a Cullthane of better days and never forgotten by the Seraphim of Arcturus.
There the former servant of Canopus lay, floating in the air with his legs crossed. "Cullthane."

He dropped down, staring at his brethren. "We need to talk. Without you trying to kill me, this time."

"I wouldn't call it me trying to establish any sort of positive relationship... I guess it's just a work relationship. We're soldiers. Soldiers don't hold grudges against other soldiers, that'd impede our work." Rory said bluntly.
"....I guess that makes sense" David said, nodding.

"Well...I'll leave ya to ya training, Rory. Just wanted to check in" David said, he waved, before leaving.

Metatron let out a sigh, "Nevermind, then..." He said, heaving one more heavy sigh before turning away. "Though honestly, I think I can already guess what caused it. Your past with that girl is as obvious as can get... You were always easy to read."
"....I guess that makes sense" David said, nodding.

"Well...I'll leave ya to ya training, Rory. Just wanted to check in" David said, he waved, before leaving.
"Wait." Rory said, "Like, seriously. We need to talk about something. Something different than our personal relationship."

"...No, I guess not really. Goodbye, Cullthane. It was nice talking to you." Metatron said before teleporting away, not knowing what else to say.
David froze.

"....what is it, Rory?" David asked cautiously. He didn't know what to expect.
"Like... Do you remember how Belial told us to prepare for some threat that'd be stronger than him? Or like, multiple?" Rory asked, "Before he left..."

"Like... Do you remember how Belial told us to prepare for some threat that'd be stronger than him? Or like, multiple?" Rory asked, "Before he left..."
"Oh!" David said, nodding. After everything that happened in the desert, he had nearly forgotten about it.

"...yeah...I remember that Rory." David said. He sighed, realizing that he hadn't done nearly enough to prepare for the incoming threat.

"....we need to get...stronger right...? We...aren't strong enough as we are now..." David said.

"Yeah," Rory said.

"So... As an Apoptosis... I can inherently sense things that are a threat to existence itself. That's why I'm always the first to notice someone like Kill-Gaia around... That's why I noticed Belial fusing with the Qliphoth faster than you guys." She said.

"And that feeling of impending doom... I think Kiara can feel it on a lesser scale... It's getting closer by the minute. I didn't feel this in the desert or during whatever mission the others were on... But now..."

"No, it doesn't. I can probably guess given I can feel it getting closer..." Rory said, "But here's the weird thing, it doesn't seem to be like... malicious." She said.

"Like, it's definitely evil, but I don't feel like any malice or dread coming off of it... It's like a wild animal looking to satisfy a craving, I guess..."

Cullthane grunted before speaking "You are free to come back. I put this within reach for a reason." Cullthane said aloud his tone gave away that he didn't care either way, moving towards his study once again, simply writing for the sake of writing, this was something Cullthane commonly did before what happened, happened

he didn't seem to care about the approaching Doom, as his home's defenses would handle any attacks directed at it from individuals he didn't verbally invite in, as he had set them when he was still as his height of strength.

"No, it doesn't. I can probably guess given I can feel it getting closer..." Rory said, "But here's the weird thing, it doesn't seem to be like... malicious." She said.

"Like, it's definitely evil, but I don't feel like any malice or dread coming off of it... It's like a wild animal looking to satisfy a craving, I guess..."
"That's....really strange..." David said, scratching his head.

"....but if there evil....I doubt whatever this thing is would care about slaughtering whoever it meets, as long as it allows them to satisfy whatever...****** up craving it has..."

"if this thing is getting closer...then we need to find a way to get strong enough before this thing arrives...if they're stronger than Belial....then I don't think many of us would stand a chance..."

"That's the thing, David..." A bead of sweat dripped down Rory's face.

"It feels like some sort of infant. Not that it's actually an infant... But it feels as though it hasn't even neared the apex of its growth. It feels somewhat like the Goddess of Power but far more barbaric in its craving for battle." Rory said.

"I don't know what it is or who it is... But It doesn't care who it has to go against as long as it can satisfy its twisted craving." Rory said, "In all honesty, it sort of reminds me of when Belial had first appeared. When it felt like he'd never stop getting stronger..."

"That's the thing, David..." A bead of sweat dripped down Rory's face.

"It feels like some sort of infant. Not that it's actually an infant... But it feels as though it hasn't even neared the apex of its growth. It feels somewhat like the Goddess of Power but far more barbaric in its craving for battle." Rory said.

"I don't know what it is or who it is... But It doesn't care who it has to go against as long as it can satisfy its twisted craving." Rory said, "In all honesty, it sort of reminds me of when Belial had first appeared. When it felt like he'd never stop getting stronger..."
(I didn't even know Strawberry milk existed.)

"......."

"....****...." David said, his fist clenched.

"......So it's something that constantly improves....and has an intense craving for battle?" David said. he shivered, a feeling of dread beginning to overtake him.

"...How the hell do we deal with something like that....if it can keep improving then...then even if we get strong enough to fight him....will it even be enough?" David said, he began pacing, clearly agitated.

"and if it's anything near the level of Belial improvement....then he could be improving by the minute. We'd never have the advantage against someone like that..."

"...all that...plus being some kinda warrior?

David stopped pacing, gritting his teeth.

"god damn it....what the hell are we going to do?"

(I didn't even know Strawberry milk existed.)

"......."

"....****...." David said, his fist clenched.

"......So it's something that constantly improves....and has an intense craving for battle?" David said. he shivered, a feeling of dread beginning to overtake him.

"...How the hell do we deal with something like that....if it can keep improving then...then even if we get strong enough to fight him....will it even be enough?" David said, he began pacing, clearly agitated.

"and if it's anything near the level of Belial improvement....then he could be improving by the minute. We'd never have the advantage against someone like that..."

"...all that...plus being some kinda warrior?

David stopped pacing, gritting his teeth.

"god damn it....what the hell are we going to do?"
"I've got no ******* idea," Rory said, picking up her sword once again, she began to swing it, training fervently.

"All I know is that if I've got absolutely no chance at winning... I may as well go down fighting to protect what I love this time." Rory said, "I couldn't protect Belial, nor could I protect Gabriel. But I have to be able to protect Kiara and Rio, at least..." She said, her eyes cold and determined.

"If I'm gonna go down I'm gonna go down fighting for my loved ones."

"I've got no ******* idea," Rory said, picking up her sword once again, she began to swing it, training fervently.

"All I know is that if I've got absolutely no chance at winning... I may as well go down fighting to protect what I love this time." Rory said, "I couldn't protect Belial, nor could I protect Gabriel. But I have to be able to protect Kiara and Rio, at least..." She said, her eyes cold and determined.

"If I'm gonna go down I'm gonna go down fighting for my loved ones."
David looked at her...and nodded.

"...you won't be fighting alone, Rory" David said. his fist clenched tighter as he looked ahead.

"... I'm not going to let this asshole destroy everything..not without a fight."

"Then get to work." Suddenly, Rory stopped swinging her sword, the wooden blade turning into steel as she gripped it. It seemed she'd figured out a new ability, but that wasn't important.

"You've been working out and reading those shitty self-help books, right? That's not anything compared to a real fight. Get into your stance."

David nodded.

he took several steps back and assumed a wrestling stance. his center of balanced lowered as he crouched down. Power began to radiate from his body as he immediately activated his Activation dream to bolster his strength. he used his body control to amplify his own muscles, as he prepared to train with Rory.

"... Let's do this..." David said.

immediately, he rushed forward and began the fight.

(Whose don't you have, though?)
(Trick question, I have everybody's address.)

David nodded.

he took several steps back and assumed a wrestling stance. his center of balanced lowered as he crouched down. Power began to radiate from his body as he immediately activated his Activation dream to bolster his strength. he used his body control to amplify his own muscles, as he prepared to train with Rory.

"... Let's do this..." David said.

immediately, he rushed forward and began the fight.
And thus, their training began as they fought for what seemed like centuries.

Steel clashed with fist, blood flew throughout the area, flesh was torn and puddles of sweat formed on the floor as the area around them was torn to shreds. What seemed like hundreds of years was only a few hours in actuality, but both of them could feel the results. Rory's swings got faster, David's muscles hardened, and they both began to hit harder than ever before. In the beginning, Rory had the advantage in nearly everything. She was more skilled, stronger, and faster than David. But eventually, somehow, throughout the brutal fight between the two, David could feel himself matching Rory's movements, his permanently scarred fists clashing with her blade.

And eventually...

"Not bad..." Her sword has shattered against his fist. While David hadn't come out without injury, his fist deeply scarred from their clashes, for the first time in a long while, the swordswoman and the wrestler were evenly matched. And they would only continue to get stronger to face the incoming threat.

"Not bad at all..."

(I wrote this for Midas since he didn't wanna RP getting stomped at the beginning lol.)

(Trick question, I have everybody's address.)

And thus, their training began as they fought for what seemed like centuries.

Steel clashed with fist, blood flew throughout the area, flesh was torn and puddles of sweat formed on the floor as the area around them was torn to shreds. What seemed like hundreds of years was only a few hours in actuality, but both of them could feel the results. Rory's swings got faster, David's muscles hardened, and they both began to hit harder than ever before. In the beginning, Rory had the advantage in nearly everything. She was more skilled, stronger, and faster than David. But eventually, somehow, throughout the brutal fight between the two, David could feel himself matching Rory's movements, his permanently scarred fists clashing with her blade.

And eventually...

"Not bad..." Her sword has shattered against his fist. While David hadn't come out without injury, his fist deeply scarred from their clashes, for the first time in a long while, the swordswoman and the wrestler were evenly matched. And they would only continue to get stronger to face the incoming threat.

"Not bad at all..."

(I wrote this for Midas since he didn't wanna RP getting stomped at the beginning lol.)
David panted, blood flowing freely from his body as he leaned forward to catch his breath.

"...jeez....Rory...." David muttered. Blood streamed from his knuckles, the sword wounds forming multiple large scars on his fists.

"...We're you going easy on me....? Or am I actually improving?" David asked, slightly confused.

".....You aren't like....tired anymore....right?"

Last edited:
"At the beginning, I was definitely holding back..." Rory said, looking down at her bloodied hands, covered in scars and calluses. "But you did get stronger, David. Definitely."

For some reason, she looked... dissatisfied.

"I'm well-rested, yeah... But I still feel like I'm at a wall. My growth isn't anything compared to what it was before, and my passive growth is so minor at this point it's pretty much non-existent..." She thought to herself, her face slightly contorting.

"Am I still at a wall...?" She whispered to herself.

"....whoa....alright..." David said.

David glanced at his fist.

"....am I....catching up to her...?" He thought. he had stopped believing he could. He had accepted that he would never be capable of fighting Rory. That she was some insurmountable mountain that he'd never climb. He thought that even if she was holding back, he wouldn't be able to match up. But...he had gotten stronger. a lot stronger. But....how?

"....I felt stronger while I was fighting Set to...." David thought. He had been too caught up in the fight to notice...but looking back, he had grown during that fight, at the last moment....

"....are they connected? Have I....broken through some kinda barrier somehow...?" David thought.

David didn't know what to think of that. He shook his head and looked back at Rory, noticing her dissatisfied look.

".....Everything alright, Rory?" David asked, wiping some of the blood from his knuckles away.

Last edited:
Back