• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"That is something I do not understand, then," Fafnir said, staring at the ceiling.

"I have always been alone. I find comfort in being alone to think about things I do. Perhaps about things that interest me. Which is weird, as until I met you, I was never interested in anything." Fafnir said.

"What do you think about when your alone, David?"

(So you tell me to get some rest and read, but then proceed to add more for me to read to the point where it reaches another page. Nice. What did I miss?)
(That is what I wanted, yes. Nothing of import to you're characters. Fafnir, if you know who that is, is currently talking to David about his severe depression and pathological obsession with people liking him.)

(That is what I wanted, yes.)

tumblr_oqvnedUDgs1tlgqkgo1_540.gif

"That is something I do not understand, then," Fafnir said, staring at the ceiling.

"I have always been alone. I find comfort in being alone to think about things I do. Perhaps about things that interest me. Which is weird, as until I met you, I was never interested in anything." Fafnir said.

"What do you think about when your alone, David?"
“……”

“I guess I just think about my mistakes….my past failures…the people I’ve hurt…people I’ve killed, the people I couldn’t save…how I need to improve so that none of that can happen again…”

“that’s…mostly what I thought about, while I was recovering…” David sighed, scratching his head.

“…that’s probably…the reason I don’t like being alone…I guess. When I…don’t talk to people…”

“…I get reminded of how much I hate myself …” David sighed.

he looked up

“…but…hey! I’m glad meeting me let you get interested in some things! That’s cool man!” David said, flashing a smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

"You just changed the subject. I realize that you humans do that a lot in conversation to avoid things you'd rather not talk about." Fafnir said.
".....yeah. I guess I did...." David said, his smile fading.

"........."

".....I...I just don't know what to do, Fafnir...." David muttered.

"......If I don't improve...if I don't keep pushing myself...If I stop trying to do better..."

"...nothing will change. I'll keep making mistakes. I'll keep ******* up...I'll keep betraying the people I care for..."

"...and...I'll just...be a ******* asshole. Forever. Until I die. Until Gabriel decides she's finally had enough of me, or some new threat comes along and kills me."

"....I can't accept that...Fafnir. I want.....I just want to be better."

".....but I don't know if I can...." David muttered, looking at the floor.

"Then allow me to offer a suggestion," Fafnir said, picking up one of those cringy self-help books David was reading.

"I have read a considerable amount of these books in my life. Not because I desired any form of help or growth from reading them, simply so that I could execute my duty in a more effective manner." Fafnir said.

"And in a decent amount of these books, I find a piece of advice that I find to be quite helpful." Fafnir said, "It is to improve for your own personal benefit, not for the benefit of others."

Fafnir then dropped the book, "Excuse me if I am prying too much, but David, have you been improving simply so that you can feel better about yourself, or so you can satisfy the wishes of others? It is a combination of those two things, I suspect." Fafnir said.

"You want to improve to satisfy the wishes of others, which will, in turn, make you feel better about yourself. But don't you agree that when your improving to reach your own personal goal instead of satisfying the wishes of people who don't care about you, you feel far more satisfied when you reach that goal?" Fafnir asked.

"Let's use an example. Let's say you had to write a book report for a class. Your given the choice of a book that you've wanted to read for quite a long time, but it uses words you don't quite understand. And when you finally finish reading it and complete your report, you feel far more satisfied because you reached your own goal of finishing the book, not because you felt as though somebody else would like you more because you proved you were smarter due to reading a book nobody else could read, or that you were smarter than before." Fafnir said.

"Are you following me?"

"If you genuinely grow through hard work and they still refuse to acknowledge you or try to reconcile... David, were they ever your friends in the first place?" Fafnir asked.

"Is that what I should say...? I think I'm doing well." Fafnir thought.

"If you genuinely grow through hard work and they still refuse to acknowledge you or try to reconcile... David, were they ever your friends in the first place?" Fafnir asked.

"Is that what I should say...? I think I'm doing well." Fafnir thought.
"......." David looked at him. the gears were turning in his mind as he processed Fafnir words. He understood them. they made sense. But a part of David was still hesitant. For so long, he had focused on improving for others, getting stronger for his teammates, becoming a better person for his friends. The idea of simply achieving his own goals...was something he hadn't thought about in a long time.

"....you're right...Fafnir....I...I think what you're saying...makes sense..." David said slowly.

"Do you think...that if I achieve these goals...that I set for myself..." David said, hesitating.

"....do you think....that I would...hate myself less? the feeling of...satisfaction you were talking about, do you think...I wouldn't feel like...such a terrible person?" David said.

"I cannot give you all the answers David. I do not know all the answers." Fafnir said, "All of these words are not my own words... Or my own thoughts. I simply believed that they would open a new door for you." Fafnir turned to look David in the eyes.

"I think it depends on you. Do you think you'll be happy if you achieve your goals?"

"........" David stared at him for a long time. He thought about all of the reasons he disliked himself. His stupidity, his lack of strength, his inability to control his emotions. If he improved those traits. If he made an active effort to fix them. Not for others. Not for Rory, Not for Gabriel...not even for Masayoshi. If he just....committed himself to that...just to be a better person.....just to be his ideal self....

he kept staring at Fafnir before speaking.

"....I think....."

"....I think I would be happy...Fafnir."

"Then do that, David." Fafnir said, "In turn, I will find my own path. I know not of this world or it's workings, and thus, I will find out. We will both walk our own path. Whether it be with blade or fist, we will carve our own mark into the world."

David smiled at Fafnir.

"well said Fafnir! Let's try our hardest to succeed wherever life takes us!" he said, standing up. doubt and hesitation still plagued his mind, and he knew he wouldn't feel better for a long while. But at least he had a plan.

"I wish you luck down whatever path you choose man and...."

"...thanks. For talking with me, I mean. It means a lot"

David raised his arm towards Fafnir, hoping he would shake it.

"It is of no consequence..." Fafnir said.

Meanwhile...

"1,234,567,987,347,987..."

She swung her blade with passion.

"1,234,567,987,347,988..."

And with each swing, a weight was lifted off of her back.

"1,234,567,987,347,989..."

Because for the first time in a long time, Rory the 6th was genuinely happy.

"Rory! Come over here!" Kiara shouted out to her wife as she watched her train, prompting Rory to drop her wooden blade and walk over to her wife.

"It seems like everybody returned from the mission without too many casualties!" Kiara said excitedly, glad that nobody had died. Rory let out a breath of relief as she wiped some sweat from her forehead.

"That's good then," Rory said, smiling slightly. For the first time in what felt like forever, she didn't feel exhausted anymore. She didn't feel as if she had to train to prepare for the next enemy to come, in fact, she'd begun to enjoy swordsmanship a bit more like she did when she was younger.

"Rory, is something the matter?" Kiara asked, tilting her head as she watched Rory's eyes dim slightly.

"No, I'm fine, Kiara. It's just..." She couldn't help but feel it. The feeling of the past wrapping around her, trying to drag her into a pit. The feeling of all her past obsessions, all her past mistakes, all her past battles, trying to drag her into another hole. There was going to be another enemy. She knew it, she just didn't know when.

"I'm just cautious, that's all. I can't help but feel as if something's going to come to ruin this feeling... This warmth, I guess. I know there's going to be another enemy, another battle to fight." She said.

"Well, of course, there's going to be another battle to fight!" Kiara said bluntly, "But that's what we do, right? We get stronger so we can fight to protect the things we love, right?" Kiara said, smiling.

"Let the enemy come, Rory. We'll be able to face them together." Kiara gave Rory a light kiss on the lips, still smiling as bright as ever, even though deep down she knew Rory was right. There would be someone who'd come to thwart their happiness, even if it only existed for this short moment.

"Yeah..." Rory said, her smile becoming even wider. "I hope this moment lasts forever..." She thought.

But even the world of Dreams would be harsh and cold like the dying reality...

"
Rory the 6th, huh?"

And soon, an enemy of untold power would bring about the end. Not merely to her happiness, but to the world itself.

"
Haha! A worthy opponent, indeed..."

And he sought no domination. No salvation.

"
Hero of the Dream World... This is going to be a battle to go down in the history books."

All he desired from this world was a worthy battle. And it didn't matter whether he had to plunge the multiverse itself into an infinite hell to get that.

"Here I come, Rory the 6th!"

And with his unrivaled power, speed, and technique, he would drag his steel across the ground, searching for the opponent that would once again ignite his battle instincts.

"
Let's see what you've got..."

And he would do it all with a smile. For he held no honor in his heart.

"
Hm? Who am I?" He was asked by the people he'd extracted Rory's location from in a less than ethical manner...

"Call me Dante." And then he was off.

(Hear. Here. Heer. Words.)

"...." Fafnir pondered for a few minutes, "I believe you should go visit some of your comrades now that you are recovered." He didn't know what to say, and thus, he simply dodged the question.

"...Weird. I pointed out how he was dodging questions, and now I am." He thought.

"Honestly...all three of them have good reasons to hate me at this point.." David sighed.

"...but...you're right, I guess it wouldn't hurt to see how they're doing...." David said.

"see ya around Fafnir" David said goodbye to the man, before standing up from his bed, and walking out of his room. He walked around the base, searching for Rory or Kiara.

"Hey Rory, I'm gonna go do some training," Kiara said to her wife, standing up.

"Alright, babe. Don't overdo it, alright? And can't you just do it with me?" Rory responded.

"I'll be careful! I've got this... Let's say, special secret training area, yeah! It's a secret so I can't tell yah." Kiara said, rubbing the back of her head.

"She's probably talking about that place where time is weird where she trained for 100 million years..." Rory thought.

"Alright then, Kiara. Be safe." Rory said as Kiara waved bye, running off somewhere.

Rory let out a deep breath, swinging her sword, not even noticing King Tiger's arrival. This time her movements seemed far less... labored. As if she was actually enjoying her training instead of just training out of obsession.

"Oh."

Rory dropped her sword, scratching her head a bit.

"It isn't like I don't know that was an accident..." She said, sighing. "And lately, I don't really see any point in hating you... We're comrades and we fight together, so that'd complicate things."

"I mean..." Rory let out a sigh.

"No, I don't hate you. I'm not very fond of you, either. I guess I'm just indifferent... No, that isn't the word for it. I guess we just aren't friends, but it sort of took me a while to realize that I don't need to hate you just because we aren't friends..." She said.

"And I don't know if Kiara knows. Since she's a member of Ragnarok she may already know."

Back