• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Gabriel let out a sigh, "While that's an interesting hobby... I'll leave you to it." She said, breaking her telepathic connection with Cullthane, heaving one more heavy sigh.

"It seems he plans to just sit around doing nothing, which means we don't have to worry about fighting or containing him." She said.

"I'm already hip to that, but I'll be keeping the pocket-dimension armed to seal him in case something happens," Antares said, appearing with Metatron

"Is there a chance I can speak to him...?" Metatron asked.

"Not very likely, no." Gabriel said, turning to Metatron, causing him to sigh.

"Alright then. Fair enough." Metatron said, walking over to Lance.

"I say not very likely cause he said he didn't have much interest in talking to anybody, but hey, do whatever you want, I'm gonna go check on everybody," Gabriel said as she floated away, coincidentally passing by David's room so that Midas can initiate dialogue.

"I say not very likely cause he said he didn't have much interest in talking to anybody, but hey, do whatever you want, I'm gonna go check on everybody," Gabriel said as she floated away, coincidentally passing by David's room so that Midas can initiate dialogue.
David glanced up, watching Gabriel pass.

he hesitated, contemplating if he should say anything. Ultimately, he decided to at least greet her, and see how she responded it. If she wasn't interested, he decided to just take the hint.

"....hey Gabriel" David said, waving at her and walking to his doorway.

".....how was the mission?" he asked. His tone was even, yet slightly cautious.

David glanced up, watching Gabriel pass.

he hesitated, contemplating if he should say anything. Ultimately, he decided to at least greet her, and see how she responded it. If she wasn't interested, he decided to just take the hint.

"....hey Gabriel" David said, waving at her and walking to his doorway.

".....how was the mission?" he asked. His tone was even, yet slightly cautious.
"He's right in range Gabriel... He's right in range to be bombarded... He'd die in a few hits, Gabriel... He's right there, Gabriel!!" Thought swirled within Gabriel's mind as she glared at David for more than a minute.

"...It went fine." She finally said.

"He's right in range Gabriel... He's right in range to be bombarded... He'd die in a few hits, Gabriel... He's right there, Gabriel!!" Thought swirled within Gabriel's mind as she glared at David for more than a minute.

"...It went fine." She finally said.

"......." David sweated, clearly uncomfortable under Gabrial's glare. This was a bad idea, why did he think this was a good idea? he panicked slightly.

"I'm glad it went alright...!" David said.

".....I'll...uh... I'll leave you to your business...." David said, slowly walking back into his room.

David put his head in his hands, sighing deeply.

"Murderous huh....? I guess I really can't salvage it...." David said. he leaned against the wall.

"...She was....a friend. uh, one of my only friends honestly, and I think I was her only friend as well...." David started. his voice was sad, as he began to explain how he viewed their relationship.

"She....she cared about me....she wanted me to improve as a person...."

"...she kept pushing me and pushing me to improve....and I kept letting her down...every time."

"...I was dumb...and I was emotional. and I was an idiot...and I....." David trailed off.

"...a few weeks ago...I made a mistake. the biggest **** up of my life. completely ruined everything. and...."

"...a lot of innocent people...died..." David said.

"...that was the last straw. I betrayed Gabriel for the last time, and uh...."

"now she hates me....and I don't think I can do anything....about it anymore..."

"........" David moved away from the wall and sat on his bed, staring at the ground.

(lol kk, I'll leave this comment before heading off the bed soon)
"......." Gabriel floated away as fast as she possibly could, not wishing to engage in any more conversation.

"Yes, it seems as though you, as some would say, royally ****** up." Fafnir said.
".....yep." David said, staring at the ground. He had forgotten Gabriel was there for a second, and had spoken more than he realized. He instantly regretted that, hoping that she didn't hate him further for telling others about what happened.

"I.....I hate myself. the person I am now. I mean. I'm....I'm so ******* awful." David muttered.

"Rory....Gabriel...Belial. I've ruined almost every friendship I've tried to form in this group. Made all of their lives worse...I'm literal ******* garbage."

"...that's why...I've been...trying to change myself. To be better..." David said.

he picked up one of the books from the ground, flipping through it idly.

"Reading.....meditation....inner contemplation....."

"...heck....I'll try anything at this point. Anything I can do. Anything that will let me be less of a shitty person. Anything that I can do to improve. even slightly."

"But....is that even possible anymore? Does it even matter? Does any of this ******* matter?"

David choked back a sob.

"I'd do anything...just to be a good person...." David said.

"......."

"sorry. I shouldn't rant like this to you. It ain't you're job to listen to my sob stories..." David said, smiling apologetically.

"And you are positive that mentally torturing yourself is an efficient method to become what you may call... A good person?" Fafnir asked.
“Mentally torturing myself….?” David muttered, he glanced up at Fafnir, looking at him for the first time since Gabriel had left.

“…what…what do you mean…Fafnir? If anything…I’m mentally torturing other people….not myself” David said.

"I am not well versed in emotion, David." Fafnir said bluntly, "I exist solely to accommodate for anyone I am ordered to. Broad emotions such as despair or sadness do not reach me." He said.

"But the rant you just presented me gave me all the evidence I needed. You are not in your right mind."

"I am not well versed in emotion, David." Fafnir said bluntly, "I exist solely to accommodate for anyone I am ordered to. Broad emotions such as despair or sadness do not reach me." He said.

"But the rant you just presented me gave me all the evidence I needed. You are not in your right mind."
“…..” David chuckled slightly, though it was devoid of any humor.

“so am I insane then? Have I finally gone off the deep end?” David said, his gaze falling to the floor.

"Not insane. Just obsessed." Fafnir said blankly.

"I probably have no right to lecture you on this, David. But if we are being logical, obsessing over becoming a good person when most of the faults that appear in the people you mentioned are all due to their own action, is not good." Fafnir said.

"Not insane. Just obsessed." Fafnir said blankly.

"I probably have no right to lecture you on this, David. But if we are being logical, obsessing over becoming a good person when most of the faults that appear in the people you mentioned are all due to their own action, is not good." Fafnir said.
"........" David sighed.

"I know I didn't cause all of their problems Fafnir..." David sighed.

"but...if I had been a better person...if I had simply changed how they wanted me to change.....If I could have been there for them. If I could have just...not been a piece of shit...."

"....maybe things...would have turned out differently."

"...and maybe....they would....like me again..." David muttered.

"They would not have, David. They really wouldn't have." Fafnir said, "Luckily, I was briefed on all of their situations long before you came here..." Fafnir stood next to David.

"Rory the 6th chose her situation out of her own obsession, David. She wanted a paradise, and she'd do anything she could do to get it. She wanted strength, and so she fell into her own rabbit-hole through that. Your actions within that spectrum played very little part in her decisions. She chose her future." Fafnir said.

"It is the same for Type:Belial. He chose to fall into darkness, to play the hero, to abandon his loved ones. Not because you're relationship with him was strained, no. It was out of his own personal interest." Fafnir crossed his arms.

"And yes, with Gabriel Artensia you did betray her trust heavily. But that does not mean that you have to beat yourself up mentally over that. You pushed her, yes. But will doing this to yourself get you anywhere closer to her?" Fafnir asked.

"....." He stayed silent for a moment, pondering over whether or not what he had to say next was really appropriate. He then slightly nodded his head.

"In simple terms, you need to stop thinking so highly of yourself in the spectrum of other people's lives. Rory the 6th chose her future. So did Type:Belial, and now Gabriel Artensia is choosing her future. Forcing yourself into it will only further strain your relationship."

"They would not have, David. They really wouldn't have." Fafnir said, "Luckily, I was briefed on all of their situations long before you came here..." Fafnir stood next to David.

"Rory the 6th chose her situation out of her own obsession, David. She wanted a paradise, and she'd do anything she could do to get it. She wanted strength, and so she fell into her own rabbit-hole through that. Your actions within that spectrum played very little part in her decisions. She chose her future." Fafnir said.

"It is the same for Type:Belial. He chose to fall into darkness, to play the hero, to abandon his loved ones. Not because you're relationship with him was strained, no. It was out of his own personal interest." Fafnir crossed his arms.

"And yes, with Gabriel Artensia you did betray her trust heavily. But that does not mean that you have to beat yourself up mentally over that. You pushed her, yes. But will doing this to yourself get you anywhere closer to her?" Fafnir asked.

"....." He stayed silent for a moment, pondering over whether or not what he had to say next was really appropriate. He then slightly nodded his head.

"In simple terms, you need to stop thinking so highly of yourself in the spectrum of other people's lives. Rory the 6th chose her future. So did Type:Belial, and now Gabriel Artensia is choosing her future. Forcing yourself into it will only further strain your relationship."
“……….” David thought about this. Staring at Fafnir for a long time.

“….you’re right Fafnir…I know you’re right. I’m not…I’m not that important. I’m not special. I’m a nobody. I shouldn’t assume I can just…change people lives…”

“……….”

“I’m…..I’m just ******* lonely man” David said honestly, looking at the ground

“I don’t even know where my wife is, and no one else in this group likes me. I’m tolerated, at best. ”

“and I figured…..that maybe if I became better…maybe if I showed them that I was improving…improving for them…to be a better person….”

“maybe…at least some of them…wouldn’t hate me so much….”

“….and I wouldn’t be so alone….” David muttered.

Back