• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

(wanted to write some random shit about my characters lol, I know everyone's asleep)

Lance continued to walk away from the group, grabbing a cigar from his pocket and lighting it.

"...Love really is a beautiful thing..." Lance said to himself.

"...I wonder...If I'll ever find...love" Lance thought. He almost felt...Jealous. Of what Rory and Kiara had. He had never experienced a relationship that close before. He knew that Metatron....despite his advances, didn't like him romantically. He eventually needed to accept that.

Lance shook the thought out of his mind. It wasn't right for him to be jealous, not after all they've been through. He walked into one of the Cabins, and waited for when he would be needed again.

Meanwhile

David groaned. Slowly waking up. He tried to move, only to immediately flop onto the bed. His entire body seared with such intense pain that David nearly fell unconscious again.

“....guess I won’t be moving around for a while….” He thought.

It would be a shame if some…beautiful lawyer..were to come in…In my vulnerable state…and had her way with me….” David thought, a grin on his face. He chuckled a bit, but his smile quickly died down as another searing pain traveled through his body.

“...alright…enough daydreaming…"

He glanced around. Looking around the cabin he was staying in. The design was simple, a basic wooden structure consisting of his bed, windows and several other pieces of furniture. David’s eyes fell onto one thing in particular. In one of the corners of the room…was a bookshelf.

“...Books huh?” David muttered.

“....when was the last time….I read anything…?”. He couldn't recall reading a single book since entering the dream world. Which…was rather embarrassing the more he thought about it.

“...no wonder I’m so dumb compared to my teammates, I never actually try to learn anything new…” David muttered to himself.

“......”

“...maybe…starting to read could….help me,” David thought.

“Gabriel and the others are always saying how much of a dumbass I am….”

“....maybe…if I started a habit like this…I could….change a bit? Maybe? It’s worth a shot,” David thought.

He used his gravity control, to slowly pull the books off of the bookshelf, one at a time, and levitated them in front of them. Most of the books didn’t seem interesting, but a few caught his eye. He read the book titles allowed.

“...Master Your Emotions: A practical guide to managing positive and negative feelings….” David muttered, staring at the cover. David stared at the book for a while. Something like that was just what he needed. If he had just been a little more level-headed during their fight with Adrien. If he had just…calmed down…and thought through his actions…thousands of people would still be alive right now

David sighed heavily. That’s right. He was responsible for those deaths. Even though he defeated Set, even though he risked his life to make sure their despair wouldn't form into a calamity….that didn’t change anything. He was still a murderer. Still had more blood on his hands than any human ever should.

David laid there for a moment. Before shaking his head.

“...I can’t bring those people back….”

“...the best thing I can do…is to improve myself…to make sure that it never happens again..” David muttered. He placed the book on his side, intent on reading it.

Slowly, he began looking through the books again, hoping to find any more helpful ones.

The Art of Fighting: A Dreamer's Guide to Advanced Combat Techniques ” David thought, looking at one of the covers. This one looked promising. Out of all the melee-focused people in the party, he had the least skill, in the technical sense. He couldn't practice physically in his condition, so he might as well read a book so what little skill he had wouldn't become rusty. He put the book on top of the first book, as well as several other books that taught hand-to-hand combat. He continued to scourge around for any more interesting ones.

Eventually, he amassed a large pile of books that he thought were interesting, which he dropped onto the bed frame beside him. It mainly consisted of "Self Help" books, alongside a couple of books related to martial arts.

“...Since I’m gonna be here for a while…I might as well start reading….” David muttered. Slowly, he picked up the books, and began to study.

(Mfw I just wrote 500+ words of just my OC picking out books in a combat RP)

Last edited:
David glanced towards Fafnir, smiling at him weakly.

"Yeah...some tea would be great. thank you, Fafnir" David said. he put down to the book he was reading, and slowly levitated the tea over to him. He took a sip, grateful for the hydration the tea provided. He hadn't realized how thirsty he had become.

"...hey. You're part of...uh, this organization right? Ragnarok, I mean. Can I ask ya a few questions?"

"...."

"Huh." Fafnir tilted his head.

"Why would I want to deviate?"
David glanced at him.

"no real reason man. It's just me being curious, is all." David said.

"I know it's a weird question. but I have a few allies, who were....created...or born, to complete a certain task. So...I was just curious...if you could...ya know, choose you're own path, if you really wanted to"

"Physically, Madam Kiara is in great condition for a pregnant woman. If you could see her now I am sure that you would be quite impressed with her physique." Fafnir said.

"Mentally... I don't believe I'm allowed to disclose that information."

"Physically, Madam Kiara is in great condition for a pregnant woman. If you could see her now I am sure that you would be quite impressed with her physique." Fafnir said.

"Mentally... I don't believe I'm allowed to disclose that information."
"Ah....so it's like that..." David said nodding.

"Well...if she's going through any...mental troubles...I hope being with her wife helps." David said.

"....hey uh....you...you know how to make people...happy right?"

"...this is kinda weird, but...can I ask you advice about something?"

"ah. Never mind then" David said, chuckling slightly. He was going to ask advice about his relationship with Gabriel, but it seemed like that wasn't Fafnir forte.

"Ok ok...last couple of questions for real, then I'll get outta your hair, Fafnir, sorry for prying so much."

David glanced at him.

"....as a homunculus right? Do you experience...all the emotions...human do? Like I know you said that serving people makes you happy, but do you experience things like...love, sadness, that sorta thing?" David asked. he was genuinely curious.

"What a preposterous thing to assume. I have a wide variety of emotions. For example..."

"Anger." Fafnir's face didn't change.

"Sadness." His face still didn't change.

"Pleasure or happiness." Still the same.

"Disgust." Yep, you guessed it, still the same.

"See? I have a wide variety of emotions."

"What a preposterous thing to assume. I have a wide variety of emotions. For example..."

"Anger." Fafnir's face didn't change.

"Sadness." His face still didn't change.

"Pleasure or happiness." Still the same.

"Disgust." Yep, you guessed it, still the same.

"See? I have a wide variety of emotions."
".........." David looked at him for a second.

"Well...alright then. I'll take your word for it" David said, chuckling slightly.

"...So, do you consider the people in Ragnarok, like, your friends? Since ya dedicate yourself to helping them, y'all must like, be close, right?" David asked.

"So ya dedicate yourself to serving people...who ya aren't even sure you're friends with?" David said, he glanced at the man. In some ways, it reminded him of being a hero. But...something was...unsettling about it, at least to David.

"Well...we can be friends if ya ok with it.. I know I just kinda joined the organization, but ya seem like an interesting dude." David said, smiling at him.

David stared at him. It felt like talking to a robot. Yet he seemed so...human. It was confusing.

"....Alright my man."

"..but hey. if we're friends that means I'm also here for ya if you need anything, alright? Just like you're helping me right now, I can help ya out if ya ever need anything from me." David said.

"After I heal up, of course." David chuckled.

"All is going fairly well... but now, I think it's time to get the report." Yharon thought

"Draedon, give me a status update on the Singularities." Yharon said out loud

"Eonara was recently nearly fatally injured, Shalor decided to use the Nebulae I gave him, and the group was separated by Morgan for a summary, you can read my full report here." Draedon responded

"Thank you..." Yharon responded, reading the full report and sighing, he knew much of what was happening in the singularities was a mystery to individuals like David who'd want the reports as well, but he decided against it.

Shaking his head Yharon layed down and closed his eyes for a bit, seeing a vision of the same Seraphim that Shalor noted to see in Gabriel's memories

"What is the meaning of seeing a Seraphim? I should probably ask Gabriel about it." Yharon thought as he opened his eyes and began looking for Gabriel

"I don't know man" David said shrugging

"Ya know, like what friends do. In case you're ever feeling down, or in case ya ever want to talk, or ever need help doing something, or even if ya just want someone to drink with" David said, shrugging again.
"I don't believe I will ever need those things from you." Fafnir said, "The offer is appreciated nonetheless."
"All is going fairly well... but now, I think it's time to get the report." Yharon thought

"Draedon, give me a status update on the Singularities." Yharon said out loud

"Eonara was recently nearly fatally injured, Shalor decided to use the Nebulae I gave him, and the group was separated by Morgan for a summary, you can read my full report here." Draedon responded

"Thank you..." Yharon responded, reading the full report and sighing, he knew much of what was happening in the singularities was a mystery to individuals like David who'd want the reports as well, but he decided against it.

Shaking his head Yharon layed down and closed his eyes for a bit, seeing a vision of the same Seraphim that Shalor noted to see in Gabriel's memories

"What is the meaning of seeing a Seraphim? I should probably ask Gabriel about it." Yharon thought as he opened his eyes and began looking for Gabriel
Gabriel was sitting in the farthest reaches of the area, simply mediating for reasons that escaped Yharon's understanding.

"......"

"Hi." Gabriel said blankly, "What do you want."
"Well, that's alright man! Just know the offer stands if anything comes up" He said, smiling at him.

"..I'll get outta your hair, man. Thanks for stopping by" He said.
Fafnir bowed, "It is of no consequence to me. Just to inform you, my father and a couple other comrades will be going on a mission soon. Lord Sebas will inform you of when they are departing."

Back