• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

BOOM!

"Hgh...!" Rory groaned as a sudden wave of force radiated off of the throne, pushing everybody but Antares backward. "It's responding... To David...?" Rory thought as she regained her balance.

BANG!!

The shockwave came out again, continuing to push them back.

David was blown back by the shockwave..., causing him to fall onto his back.

slowly....he stood back up...and began to move forward once more, gritting his teeth as he tried to power through the intense shockwaves that the throne was emitting.

"....I...won't back down" David muttered, sweat appearing on his body, both from the intense situation that he was in, and from his attempts of trying to move through the shockwaves. He constantly tried to keep his resolve from wavering, while determination burned in his body.

The shockwaves came out faster and swiftly became more frequent, creating a rhythm of a sort, like a beating heart... With each step David took towards it, the tempo got faster, and the shockwaves got stronger.

And as he got closer to it, he could feel the dark energy coiling around his body, seeping through and breaking his skin and stabbing into his muscles, like he was being forcefully injected with the darkness.

"Damnit..." Rory thought to herself as she tried to move against the shockwaves but slowly stopped. She knew David would want to do this on his own... To deal with his own problems. She could understand it, but she couldn't at the same time. And thus, in her confusion and regret, she stayed back with Antares, letting David move forward on his own.

"Why..." She thought, "We aren't even friends anymore... So why...?" Lately, she'd been somewhat... Soft on him. She'd been opting against insulting him, and she'd been far less hostile. If anything, she was somewhat neutral towards him. But now, seeing the man face such despair, knowing he'd reject her help, it made her feel slightly... Sad? Filled with regret? She couldn't fully understand it but for some reason she was feeling down looking at him move forward.

David staggered, the darkness stabbing into his already strained muscles as he was brought to his knees, before falling on his stomach. blood flowing from his mouth and from his open wounds as the darkness seeped into his body. His vision dimmed, his body felt heavy...but he desperately tried to move forward. He slowly got to his knees, and half walked, half crawled forward, breathing heavily as he inched closer and closer to the throne, his advance slowed significantly.

"Gabriel....Masayoshi..." David murmured to himself.

"...I...I won't die here....." David thought. David repeated this in his mind, over and over. He wouldn't die here, he wouldn't let the mistake that he made kill him. He would fix this...he had to. and when he did, he would go back, and become the man they deserved.

Last edited:
"Magnificent." Antares said as he witnessed David's astonishing determination, "Magnificent indeed..."

David got closer and closer, and closer. His determination and resolve allowed him to push through for what seemed like an eternity, but eventually, he reached the throne. He stood in front of it, and the darkness was far more potent than it ever was before... A voice called out to him.

No, it wasn't a single voice. It was a plethora of voices, singing a chaotic symphony from the depths of hell itself. Dark goo began to ooze out of the engravings on the throne, creating a large puddle under David's feet, burning his skin. That dark substance then began to form and shape itself into something that seemed vaguely human, sitting upon the throne. It seemed broken, incomplete.

"Magnificent." Antares said as he witnessed David's astonishing determination, "Magnificent indeed..."

David got closer and closer, and closer. His determination and resolve allowed him to push through for what seemed like an eternity, but eventually, he reached the throne. He stood in front of it, and the darkness was far more potent than it ever was before... A voice called out to him.

No, it wasn't a single voice. It was a plethora of voices, singing a chaotic symphony from the depths of hell itself. Dark goo began to ooze out of the engravings on the throne, creating a large puddle under David's feet, burning his skin. That dark substance then began to form and shape itself into something that seemed vaguely human, sitting upon the throne. It seemed broken, incomplete.
David was tempted to cover his ear as the voices rang out, the screams of the damned echoing inside his mind and nearly making him lose his balance. He wanted to leave. desperately wanted to turn back, but...he knew he had to face this. and so he stood there, letting those accursed screams wash over him as his feet burned from the puddle.

He watched as the humanoid shape began to form, gazing at the being intensely, his expression pained, and emotional. He clenched his fist.

".....can you speak?" he finally asked, his voice was quiet, his emotions swirling inside of his body as he stood before the culmination of the massacre he had caused.

Last edited:
David was tempted to cover his ear as the voices rang out, the screams of the damned echoing inside his mind and nearly making him lose his balance. He wanted to leave. desperately wanted to turn back, but...he knew he had to face this. and so he stood there, letting those accursed screams wash over him as his feet burned from the puddle.

He watched as the humanoid shape began to form, gazing at the being intensely, his expression pained, and emotional. He clenched his fist.

".....can you speak?" he finally asked, his voice was quiet, his emotions swirling inside of his body as he stood before the culmination of the massacre he had caused.
The conjoined darkness looked down at David, pulsing bloodshot eyes forming on its blank face, granting it vision. It leaned forward, it's face getting ever closer to David. Suddenly, a mouth formed on its face, it's teeth rotten and broken...

". .Y. o.. u." At the one who created it, it smiled.

"..Th. .ank-.. ou.." At the one who granted it life, it thanked.

"...For this." At the one whose fault it was, the chaotic being simply flashed a toothy grin, black drool dripping down its mouth.

The conjoined darkness looked down at David, pulsing bloodshot eyes forming on its blank face, granting it vision. It leaned forward, it's face getting ever closer to David. Suddenly, a mouth formed on its face, it's teeth rotten and broken...

". .Y. o.. u." At the one who created it, it smiled.

"..Th. .ank-.. ou.." At the one who granted it life, it thanked.

"...For this." At the one whose fault it was, the chaotic being simply flashed a toothy grin, black drool dripping down its mouth.
David said nothing. His expression grew grim as he heard the monstrosity he created thank him. slowly, he raised his fist into the air, intent on striking Set down while it was still incomplete.

"......"

"I can't bring those people back...." David said. a tear began to form from one of his eyes as he glanced down at the monstrosity he had created.

"....but...the least I can do....is let their despair rest in peace."

"To ensure...that no one else....is harmed by the mistake I made...."

"To...make sure that no one else dies.."

David brought his fist down against the chaotic being, a downward swing that used all of his strength, hoping to destroy the calamity, and its throne, in one attack.

"That's right, everything is you're fault." David's fist stopped in it's tracks as a voice rang throughout his head.

"You? A hero? Don't make me laugh. You can't even fix your personal relationships."

The black ooze that came off of the incomplete calamity began to cover David's fist, running up his arm.

"You're a mere human! You were born with no special talents, you were simply born to scrape away at the bottom like any normal background character. And look at what trying to play the hero has gotten you! Hundreds dead, you're life nigh-ruined."

It began to slowly pierce David's skin, running through his muscles and down his bones and through his veins, slowly beginning to corrupt his body, minute by minute, second by second.

"You don't have the ability to change. You're simply here to be food for you're own mistake. Give it up."

"That's right, everything is you're fault." David's fist stopped in it's tracks as a voice rang throughout his head.

"You? A hero? Don't make me laugh. You can't even fix your personal relationships."

The black ooze that came off of the incomplete calamity began to cover David's fist, running up his arm.

"You're a mere human! You were born with no special talents, you were simply born to scrape away at the bottom like any normal background character. And look at what trying to play the hero has gotten you! Hundreds dead, you're life nigh-ruined."

It began to slowly pierce David's skin, running through his muscles and down his bones and through his veins, slowly beginning to corrupt his body, minute by minute, second by second.

"You don't have the ability to change. You're simply here to be food for you're own mistake. Give it up."
David's teeth gritted, his fist began to unclench as tears began to flow from his eyes. He was right and David knew it was right.

"......" David will faltered. for a brief moment, he considered letting the calamity kill him. Giving up and letting the being simply end his life. Freeing him from his struggles, freeing him from his responsibility, of the shambles that were his relationships, of the guilt that he would never be able to rid himself from.

"....maybe it was always my fate. To just be in the background. Maybe....maybe that was what I was meant to do." David thought.

"...maybe I was never...meant to be a hero...." David thought. He lacked the talent, He lacked the power, and he lacked the intelligence that his allies had. It would be so easy....to just...fade away. To leave his allies, to not go through any more struggles. To not get beaten up anymore trying to defend ideals that he had already disgraced. To die knowing that he would stop hurting the people he cared about.

"........"

David's mind began to drift.

"....But.....I don't want to die...." David muttered.

he recalled his first kiss with Masayoshi. the magical experience of kissing someone who would soon become the love of his life. Her face, her warm skin against his.

".....I would never....get to kiss her again. Never get to...talk to her again." David thought, tears flowing freely down his cheeks.

"...I would never be able to hold her in my arms...."

"... to love her...."

He recalled the time earlier today, When Gabriel had defended him against the words of Enkidu, how she had honestly believed he was changing...that he could change.

".....If I die....now. I'll never be able to prove to her.....prove that her efforts weren't useless....prove that I can change." David thought.

"...I'll never...learn anything from her again. Never hug her. Never laugh alongside her...." David thought.

"....Those two....how much would I hurt them...if I died here? all the times they've been there for me. All good memories I have with them....I would never be able to repay them. Never be able to change for them. To become the guy they deserve. Never be able to laugh, to cry, to experience all that life has to offer..."

David froze.

"....no...." David muttered. He couldn't die. He wouldn't die. Not here. Not now. not when he had so much he needed to do.

"NO" David shouted, his muscles clenched as he tried to push against the calamities corruption, desperately, wildly attempting to drive his fist forward.

"I...I'm a mere human. I'm stupid. I'm weak...I'm flawed...."

"But....I..I CAN'T DIE HERE" David yelled. A horse, undignified yell. More like a roar than a declaration

"...Dying....dying isn't an apology. and it isn't an escape! I....I'm gonna live....and I'm gonna change!" David yelled.

"I've made mistakes....I've ruined relationships with people I care deeply about, I've.....I've killed people..."

"BUT I AINT GONNA STOP MOVING FOWARD. I AINT GONNA THROW IN THE TOWEL." David screamed, his voice cracking, filed with emotion as he continued to fight against the beings corruption, trying desperately to move his fist closer, close enough to end his mistake once and for all.

"You are an impressive human, that is for sure." The giant chaotic amalgam said, feeling the intense determination and willpower emitted off of David chipping away it it's form.

"Perhaps you're will far outstrips anybody in this room..."

The giant person lifted its finger, clashing with David's fist. The resulting power produced sent a Shockwave far more powerful than before through David's entire body.

"But a human... is still a human...."

The giant pushed back against him with immense force, attempting to break his will, the resulting despair allowing Set to fully form if he was successful.

David felt the shockwave blast through his body, breaking his bones and tearing his flesh as the point-blank explosion of force shook him to his core. His arm shattered, his limb hanging limply at his side as he endured the attack.

"...I am just a human..." David muttered, his teeth clenched, blood pouring from his mouth as he stood his ground.

"I'm not a god, or a dragon or an angel, or a demon...." David coughed, his vision dimming as he tried desperately to remain conscious in the face of such overwhelming power.

"I'm not built for fighting. I have less talent in my entire body than some of my allies do in one finger...." David said. He recalled his fight with Gabriel, how much stronger the angel became, after her training. At the time, he had been...jealous. Extremely so, that someone could surpass him so easily. It had made him angry....and insecure. Insecure that he would forever remain weak compared to his allies.

But...in that moment. He accepted it. Accepted the fact that he would never possess the talent, that she had, that many of his allies had.

Because he refused to stop moving forward.

"BUT SO WHAT?" David shouted. He had steeled his resolve now. He would survive, he would keep moving. He would not fall here, and lose all the cherished moments he had in life.

"THAT WON'T STOP ME!" David yelled, his voice was hoarse now, the yelling damaging his vocal cords as he screamed his determination at the monster.

" This HUMAN will keep improving, keep changing, keep OVERCOMING"

David began to glow slightly, his willpower radiating from his body like an aura as he continued to stand his ground.

David let out a roar, incomprehensible now, his words jumbling into a mess of syllables as he repaired his arm, and launched another punch at Set, intent on ending the calamity once and for all.

The calamity growled at David, forming a fist that clashed with David's own, vaporizing the pyramid around them and leaving nothing but a sandy crater illuminated by a crimson, unfathomably hot, sun.

"This is impossible..." The calamity said as it felt chunks of its body being torn away by David's energy.

"He never showed this much potential within him before... What is with the sudden growth? There was no way it was from something as meager as willpower. This is something entirely different..."

The calamity glared at David, "This sudden power..."

Within the pro-wrestler, he saw a light. It was faint. Barely visible to anybody's eyes. Perhaps he saw it in Rory too, albeit it shined a dark purple, a corrupted color, the color of the Apoptosis.

But within him, it was a far more... pure shine. It held no ulterior motives or evil intentions, simply ghastly willpower and conviction. And within that willpower, he saw a blue-haired man, as if he was guiding the King Tiger, not in strength, but in his own personal path. The man stared at the incomplete Set, his eyes filled with nothing but lamentation and disgust towards the calamity.

"...Ah, I see. You were receiving outside help..." The calamity said.

"Outside help?" Set could hear the blue-haired man's voice ring throughout his mind, "I didn't help David. He lit the Star of Evolution inside of him with his own power as a mere human being, as you called him. You should be scared of humans, Evil's of Gaia." The blue-haired man said.

"...Wh-what do you even mean...?" The calamity asked.

"You'll be figuring out what I mean in just a few seconds..."

Suddenly, Set's arm began to crack and break, the force that David was producing slowly growing stronger and more potent. Eventually, the body that Set was slowly forming through the despair David had created was dissipating.

"Be scared of human potential, kiddo. Even in an Apoptosis like Rory, or a mediocre man like David, or even a Demon-God like Belial who used to be human, they can all light the Star within themselves that will always come out to thwart Ragnarok. That is human potential. Be very afraid of this man, be very afraid of Rory."

And with that, the blue-haired man disappeared from the calamity's mind.

"Be very scared of human potential..."

And merely a few moments later-

"This is... A human..."

Set had disappeared.

David stood there, staring at the spot the Set had disappeared to, his fist still outstretched, as if he wasn't sure if he should retract it. He panted heavily, the adrenaline and willpower that was coursing through his body beginning to fade.

"....It's over...." he muttered.

he collapsed suddenly, landing on the ground with a loud thud as he hit the floor. blood trickled from various open wounds in his body, as he tried desperately to catch his breath. Clearly, he was exhausted, both physically and mentally by the entire ordeal. he slowly rolled onto his back, and stared at the sun.

".....never again..." David muttered.

"...I'll never let this happen again...."

he laid there on the ground, too fatigued to move any longer.

Rory walked over to David, the crimson sun slowly dissipating. "Are you alright...?" She asked, getting down on one knee, looking down at his injuries. "I'm no healer... Damn." She thought.

"Rory, are you ready to reunite with your beloved?" Antares asked, placing his hand on Rory's shoulder.

"...David needs some care right now, alright? His injuries aren't healing and he'll die soon. We'll need to either get him to Gabriel or Draedon. I'll go to whatever organization you have... When he's in a semi-fighting condition." Rory said, picking David up with one hand and throwing him over her shoulders.

David coughed weakly, dimly he glanced at Rory. His eyes were unfocused, as he faded in and out of consciousness.

"....I'll....I'll live...go....go see...you're wife..." David muttered.

"....don't....take me...to Gabriel...."

"...I don't...want to burden her anymore...." He muttered. He tried to move, but his body wasn't responding anymore. his consciousness was already hanging by a thread.

Rory let out a deep sigh, doing a light facepalm. "Your barely forming words, David. You should be able to live to see your wife as well, at least. Let me get you to Gabriel..." Rory said, carrying David.

"Let me help you out for the one time I ever do so, dumbass..."

"Yknow man... Considering I'm so tired I wouldn't care if God himself came down and reduced me to quarks for absolutely no reason, I don't even think I care about this." Rory said, shrugging as she walked.

"Lance, mind making some food for when David wakes up?"

Rory didn't seem to be smiling, "Yeah..." She began to carry David in Gabriel's direction, "I miss her..."

She stumbled, letting out a deep yawn. "So... very... much..." Rory mumbled as she fell down, dropping David. Antares caught her, letting out a light sigh.

"When was the last time you slept? You're in no condition to carry anybody." Antares said.

"I'm fine..." Rory said, her eyes blurred and fuzzy.

"No, you aren't. I can practically smell it, Rory. You may just be the 2nd most exhausted person in human history..." Antares let out one more sigh, "Trickster, gather the angel girl and bring her to me before this place collapses. I'll personally tend to David's injuries in my facilities."

Gabriel sat with her legs crossed in the sand, watching the very fabric of reality crumble around her.

"...They must've done it." She thought, but she didn't care.

She meditated calmly, clearing her mind of all other things. This was her form of training, in a way. She was sharpening her senses constantly through this, and thus, she immediately noticed Lance coming towards her.

"I assume this means that David succeeded..." She said.

Back