• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"Heh, of course. I cannot expect everyone to be as stup- I mean as accepting as the King of Tigers." Antares said to Lance before turning to David.

"Astronomically powerful. An entire deserts worth of people have died, after all. That level of emotion conjoining into a single entity is without a doubt going to be very powerful..."

Rory spoke up, "That makes me curious, though. Lots more people have died and haven't formed calamities that strong... What gives?"

"That is because in your world the despair created from such deaths are used to make Waves of Calamity, not a single Wave Boss. Now that the resources are being used to form an entirely singular entity, especially with all of the death and despair, it is destined to be quite strong."

("It's that time again! Better grab your balloons and invite your friends!" Shout out to you if you know what song that's from.)

The Goddess of Power continued to clash with the Goddess of Death. Or rather, collide with her. The former was merely blocking, evading and even outright allowing herself to be hit by attacks. Hel and the millions of duplicates Val had made to fight alongside her foe continued a nonstop onslaught of attacks. The heavens shook, and the dimensions trembled and shattered as the fight was held. It could be felt by Zonolo and his allies, the main group of heroes, and even in all the realms that had been explored prior to that moment, including the realm of Lady Autrice, and they continued to grow in intensity.

Val had a smile on her face, enjoying taunting her opponent while willfully functioning as a punching bag for the time being. She even turned around, exposing her back to her adversary.

"Oye, could ya' be a dear and hit right there, lass?" She asked, "It's startin' to feel a tad itchy..."

"Are you even taking this seriously?" Hel asked, furiously swinging the weapon that was designed to kill the Goddess of Power at her exposed back.

"I will when I have a reason to... And so far- ahhh, that's the spot! So far, that weapon of yours is all talk...."

Valdagyðja finally exhaled, the relatively calm breath creating a shockwave that decimated all the clones that stood against her, leaving only the real Hel and the weapon she had Surtr conjure for her.

"If you want to show me what that weapon of yours can actually do...." Valdagyðja spoke, turning back around toward the Goddess of Death, "Now would be the time."

Hel swung the weapon toward the Goddess of Power, fueling it with her hatred for Valdagyðja and lust for vengeance. Meanwhile, Val just stood there with a smirk. The blade shattered upon contact with her skin.

"I-Impossible!" Hel said.

"Now, are we done here? I was expecting more of a serious battle..." Val responded.

However, something odd occurred. The weapon reformed and hardened, growing stronger. Additionally, power could be felt through Hel, coursing through her body and amplifying her statistics. Hel then launched another swing at Val, sending her flying back and leaving a cut on her cheek.

"Oh, now I see...." Val said with a smile as her wound healed, "The blade grows stronger than anything it can't cut through on its first try... That's why it's the perfect weapon for me to fight against!"

Valdagyðja summons her kanabo, clashing against Hel's weapon. The violent waves rippling throughout all the Dream World, and now even the real world, increased greatly in intensity as the Goddess of Power now made the decision to go on the offensive.

"Now, the question is... can the blade handle my full power?" Val said, slowly suppressing herself less and less.

Meanwhile, Zonolo, Yamato, Mira and Boros had finished their intensive training. As of now, they were on an abandoned world. No inhabitants, and no fear of casualties could be had there. There, they waited. They could detect Glacies whenever she returned, and they would be ready for her.

However, as they waited, they felt the immense force of the clash in Valhalla.

"Hey guys, do you feel that?" Zonolo asked.

"Yeah, that's the Goddess of Power. And the other one feels like Hel..." Yamato said.

"I mean, it's not really painful..." Zonolo answered.

"No, Hel. The Goddess of Death who was going to fight her..."

"Oh, almost forgot about that..." Zonolo said, "But once we deal with Elsa there, we can work on getting ready to take her down..."

Last edited:
"Like, 5 seconds." Antares said as he clicked his tongue, "I've got it now. Let us depart immediately."

The Blade of Ra suddenly dissipated into the air, Antares having put it into a pocket-space for instant use if David happened to face defeat at the hands of his own failure.

"Like, 5 seconds." Antares said as he clicked his tongue, "I've got it now. Let us depart immediately."

The Blade of Ra suddenly dissipated into the air, Antares having put it into a pocket-space for instant use if David happened to face defeat at the hands of his own failure.
David nodded.

"appreciate the help" David said, getting off the wall and stretching slightly.

he sighed.

"Let's get moving then." David said, prepared to follow Antares.

(Yes, your favorite Goddess of Power is back now. You may simp if you so desire.)
(Me when Val jumps back into the fray:

main-qimg-b3193237a79cb47783aac3e439e6b5a6-lq

Rory followed along, and so did the rest. "Gabriel, are you coming?" Rory asked her daughter, realizing she'd just been standing there for most of the time.

"...Go on without me, Rory. I've got some business that I need to take care of." Gabriel said, "Uh, alright? Are you sure? This is sort of important..."

"I'm not going to clean up someone else's mistakes for them. Leave me alone and let me take care of my business." Gabriel said coldly, her face stern, but not emotionless.

Rory let out a light sigh, "Alright, Gabriel. It's your life... Do whatever you want." Rory said as she turned away.

David winced, hearing Gabriel's cold words.

"....god damn it..." he muttered through gritted teeth. He knew that he had completely destroyed his relationship with Gabriel. Both with his actions and his half-assed apology.

"She's already cleaned up enough of my messes. Of course, she wouldn't want to fight set..." David thought to himself.

silently he walked out of the cabin, and followed Antares, with Lance following soon after.

Last edited:
The group walked, the sun continuing to plummet towards them at a rapid pace.

"I assume that has always been happening... Perhaps the formation of Set was going on for far longer than previously thought." Antares said as he looked up, the sun's surface turning dark crimson.

The group walked, the sun continuing to plummet towards them at a rapid pace.

"I assume that has always been happening... Perhaps the formation of Set was going on for far longer than previously thought." Antares said as he looked up, the sun's surface turning dark crimson.
"...would that make the calamity stronger than we thought?" David asked, glancing at Antares.

"They are formed by despair, right? so that means it's been collecting despair before...I came along. Right?"

"...would that make the calamity stronger than we thought?" David asked, glancing at Antares.

"They are formed by despair, right? so that means it's been collecting despair before...I came along. Right?"
"Yes. It's safe to assume the world here was already coming to an end..." Antares said, "Take comfort in the fact that you didn't fully contribute to it's creation..."

"Yes. It's safe to assume the world here was already coming to an end..." Antares said, "Take comfort in the fact that you didn't fully contribute to it's creation..."
"...that doesn't change anything. at least for me" David said bluntly.

"Even if Set would have formed without me...even if the people were doomed to die....the blood is still on my hands. And I dont deserve any comfort from that." David said. His voice was cold, and somber.

Rory nodded, "But hey David... Mind if I ask you something...?" Rory said as the sun continued to get ever closer. Ever darker. The group was getting closer to their destination, even more so signified by how the surface of the crimson sun boomed with countless solar flares, nearly drowning out Rory's own voice, which was soft and light from exhaustion.

"Did something happen with you and Gabriel...? I knew she didn't like me but I've never seen her so... cold... I guess?"

Rory nodded, "But hey David... Mind if I ask you something...?" Rory said as the sun continued to get ever closer. Ever darker. The group was getting closer to their destination, even more so signified by how the surface of the crimson sun boomed with countless solar flares, nearly drowning out Rory's own voice, which was soft and light from exhaustion.

"Did something happen with you and Gabriel...? I knew she didn't like me but I've never seen her so... cold... I guess?"

David grimaced. and closed his eyes. sighing heavily.

"....we aren't....on good terms, anymore." David said softly.

"....she's had enough of my excuses. and my inability to change. and all the dumbass shit that I do. " David said, not looking Rory in the eye.

"...and what I did to this desert was the last straw....that and the shitty ******* apology I gave to her afterward..."

"...she doesn't trust me now. And....since I was her only friend....I don't think she trusted anyone else." David said quietly.

"Oh..." Rory said as she clenched her fists. Part of her was angry at David. Angry at him for killing those people, and angry at him for making Gabriel like that. She was angry, and she didn't like the man, but...

"Alright..." Rory let out a sigh, doing a light facepalm. She didn't like David, that much was clear, and she was angry at him. But she knew yelling at him or insulting him any further was pointless. All of that was pointless.

"...Just, alright, David. Thank you for telling me."

Yharon was silent. While his helmet hid his eyes and his body motions were still the exact same something did seem off, the fact the nameless sword he had used first against Rory the 7th was in his hands said he always held the past in tow, now breaking into a run across the sand, his footsteps barely even touching it and his silver armor turned blood red and his cape black by the light. He crossed the distance required to reach the red pyramid and only stopped when he could see it

They reached it. It was disgusting.

"Ugh..." Rory covered her mouth, the miasma of death and despair emitted off of the enormous crimson pyramid that stretched into the sky making her stomach churn in disgust. Antares glared up at it, clicking his tongue as the crimson son continued to get ever closer, ever hotter.

"Move in." He said as he snapped his fingers, a door shaped hole being carved into the side of the pyramid.

David nodded. He was focused now. He knew that this was his fault, and now he was determined to fix it.

He walked into the pyramid, ignoring the miasma of death that was on his hands. ignoring the despair he caused. He couldn't dwell on it, he knew that if he dwelled on it, he wouldn't be able to step forward. he would freeze, paralyzed in fear and sadness, as yet another mess he created was cleaned up by someone else.

"....I need to do this" David thought, walking into the hole. his focus solely on what he needed to do. on killing Set.

Rory walked in alongside David, slowly getting used to the dark feeling. She'd felt far worse than this before... She was possessed by something far worse than this before, so she wouldn't be brought down by something which paled in comparison to that vile curse.

"David... How're you holding up...?" She asked.

Rory walked in alongside David, slowly getting used to the dark feeling. She'd felt far worse than this before... She was possessed by something far worse than this before, so she wouldn't be brought down by something which paled in comparison to that vile curse.

"David... How're you holding up...?" She asked.
"....."

"...I'm fine Rory." David said. though his voice was strained. Sweat appeared on his brow, and his body was shaking slightly. it was clear that the despair was affecting him, even more so with the knowledge that he was responsible for it.

"....I just need to keep...moving" He said.

"Alright dude..." Rory said, "Don't let the guilt make you more vulnerable. These things feed off of death and despair like it's a normal Tuesday... Keep you're head straight, aye?" Rory summoned her Goddess Cleaver, using the holy Aura it produced to lessen the effects of the miasma on David.

"Ah yes, the bane of all evils is in your possession. Good thinking." Antares said.

"Without the White Sun it isn't at its former glory... But this should help alleviate the effects of the miasma on David." Rory said.

Yharon didn't seem bothered by the aura of the place, whether it be through force of will or just his stubbornness he kept lockpace with Rory

Ivan seemed to be preparing several attacks at every moment, also seeming unbothered by the despair, in fact taking it in

Antares was not bothered by the miasma, in the sense that it had not affected his physical condition. No, he wasn't physically affected, but he sneered at the feeling of such potent negativity. Perhaps the Dragon was mad at David for producing such an environment, but this was no time to talk about it.

The group reached a giant door, the miasma more potent than ever as Rory's Goddess Cleaver continued to glow ever brighter to fight against the despair, mostly to protect David from the increasing effects of the despairing aura.

"This door will lead us to Set, right Antares?" Rory asked.

"Most likely, yes. Keep your sword hoisted, Rory." Antares said.

David clenched his fist, silently cursing his own weakness and stupidity. The weakness that prevented him from powering through the despair on his own, and the stupidity that caused this environment to form in the first place.

"...how can I deal with my own mistakes if I can't even get through this despair." he thought. He suddenly wished Rory hadn't helped him. He had no right to protect himself from the despair that he caused. it was pathetic.

he shook the thoughts out of his mind.

"Set is my problem. I'm not going to let some person swoop in and fix my mistake.." He thought.

"....I'm ready.." David said finally. his muscles clenched, his heart pounding. slowly, he reached for the door, and began to open it.

They entered the room...

"I'm glad you've steeled your resolve, King of Tigers," Antares said as he glared at what lay at the farthest edges of the giant arena-like room.

Indeed, it was a giant throne, coated in obsidian. Around the throne swirled dark energies, crimson fluids running through the engravings on the throne like they were pumping molten lava through it.

"Where's the enemy...?" Rory asked Antares.

"Negative... I see no physical entity." He responded nigh-instantly, observing the throne. He turned to David, "There's a high chance this battle won't be involving physical combat... Instead, it'll be a battle of wills. Prepare."

David glanced forward. Trying to call in mind the meditation he had done in the desert. The situation was intense, but if it was a battle of wills...he couldn't afford to freak out. He kept his breathing even and steady, attempting to eliminate all distractions but the task he had to complete. He clenched his fist, steeling himself for whatever trial the mass of negative energy would put him through.

"I'm ready." he repeated.

"Physical or mental....I will not lose. I will overcome this...and fix what I created..." David said, though it was more to help his own determination than anything else.

David took a step forward and began walking towards the throne.

BOOM!

"Hgh...!" Rory groaned as a sudden wave of force radiated off of the throne, pushing everybody but Antares backward. "It's responding... To David...?" Rory thought as she regained her balance.

BANG!!

The shockwave came out again, continuing to push them back.

Yharon slammed his sword Into the ground, the ground getting out of the way with friction stalling his pushback

Ivan let the Shockwaves come, simply taking steps forward for each Shockwave

Sebas seemed the least effected, able to take a single step to get back into position for each Shockwave

Back