• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"I know exactly what you're going to say, David. Your going to own up to your mistakes and apologize, right? I can smell what you're going to say." Gabriel said, "And I'm tired of it, David. I'm tired of looking after you. I'm tired of your stupidity. I'm tired of you hurting me, by hurting yourself."

"I know exactly what you're going to say, David. Your going to own up to your mistakes and apologize, right? I can smell what you're going to say." Gabriel said, "And I'm tired of it, David. I'm tired of looking after you. I'm tired of your stupidity. I'm tired of you hurting me, by hurting yourself."

David closed his eyes.

"Gabriel..."

"I...."

"I never meant to hurt you." David said, covering his eyes with his hand.

"You dont deserve it. You don't deserve to be hurt again. not after everything you've been through."

"Out of everyone.....you and Masayoshi are the only two people who can stand me. Who look past my fault, and....and actually care about me..."

"I...I can change. I can get better....I...I'll"

David trialed off. His words felt hollow. How many times has he promised Gabriel he would change. How many times has he kept repeating the same mistake?

"Please...Gabriel...I...I..."

"I don't want to lose another friend, because of my stupidity." He said, looking at the ground.

"...." Gabriel simply stared at David.

"How many times have you said that to me, David...?" She asked him as she turned away.

"I don't have anything anymore. I don't have a family, I don't view anybody here as a comrade, and I never had any friends. Except for you, David. I care about you... Because you can take the time to care about me. To actually... try." Gabriel said.

"And I keep trying to push you in the right direction... I keep thinking that maybe if I keep pushing you, we can make this friendship work. I keep thinking I'm helping but every time all I see is you ******* up." Gabriel stood up, turning to David.

"When does it stop, David? When does the only person I have left stop being a hindrance? When does he stop giving me regular migraines or panic attacks because of his stupidity? When does he stop threatening to kill himself...?"

"...." Gabriel simply stared at David.

"How many times have you said that to me, David...?" She asked him as she turned away.

"I don't have anything anymore. I don't have a family, I don't view anybody here as a comrade, and I never had any friends. Except for you, David. I care about you... Because you can take the time to care about me. To actually... try." Gabriel said.

"And I keep trying to push you in the right direction... I keep thinking that maybe if I keep pushing you, we can make this friendship work. I keep thinking I'm helping but every time all I see is you ******* up." Gabriel stood up, turning to David.

"When does it stop, David? When does the only person I have left stop being a hindrance? When does he stop giving me regular migraines or panic attacks because of his stupidity? When does he stop threatening to kill himself...?"
David stood to his feet. looking at Gabriel.

"Gabriel....."

"I care about you. So much. I don't want to hurt you. I don't want you to be alone. You've...been a real friend. you've taught me....so many things. helped me out...so many times..."

"I've improved so much....because of you...."

a tear rolled down his cheek.

"It stops now", Gabriel." He said, wiping his eyes.

"I swear on it. all this bullshit I've been pulling, all this dumbass shit that I've been doing. it's over"

David leaned down, getting on his knees.

"I value you too much as a friend, Gabriel. I will do...whatever it takes....to be the friend you deserve."

"...Don't ******* say that to me again, David." Gabriel wiped away some tears, her crimson eyes become clouded with doubt and annoyance.

"You've said it so many times... So don't say it again." She said, turning away from him. "First Rory... Then Belial, and now you. Except you've continued to fail... over and over and over and over again... Despite my efforts. Despite your wife's efforts." Gabriel continued to wipe away some tears.

"I can't trust you, David. I can't ******* trust anybody it seems! Hah! What a tragic ******* life I've built. From therapist to the one who needs therapy..."

David closed his eyes. and nodded.

"......"

"......Au revoir....mon amie" David said. He wanted to use the language skill that she taught him, if only for a moment. a fleeting gesture to the relationship they once had.

He turned around. and slowly walked away, leaving his mask on the ground where he stood.

".....I guess I'm out of friends to disappoint..." David thought.

"........."

"...****..."

David began his walk back to the group. his body feeling heavy as he moved through the endless, empty desert.

Last edited:
David wandered through the desert. fully seeing the destruction he had caused. The ground was flat, any hill that had been existed was atomized and crushed until there was nothing left of it. All around him, an eerie, motionless silence had taken over the desert. No creature was stirring. No people were speaking. No matter how far he extended his senses, he couldn't pick up anything. The silencing depressed him down to his very soul.

The worst part...was the lack of bodies.

David scanned all around, purposely extending his walk in hopes of finding someone, anyone. There were none. Nobody to bury. No respect could be granted to the fallen. With just a wave of his hand, an entire dimension's worth of people was....gone.

David remembered the priest he had met at the temple.

"The man...was just doing his job. He was just trying to...live his life. And protect his people...."

"......"

"He's gone now. isn't he?"

He thought about the merchants he had seen on the walk to the temple—the men, women, and children who were just living their life.

".......I bet none of them....thought they would die...today..." David thought.

"....I bet they were all looking forward to....just...getting enough food to survive. Either from the stall, or people like K or Og."

"And then...they would take that food....to their loving family. And they would....eat together. Maybe talk to their family about their day...." David stopped walking. Sitting on the ground.

".....I bet many of those people were married....."

"...I bet some of them loved their wife or husband just as much as I love my wife...."

"....They probably wanted to spend the rest of their lives together....."

"......."

"....were they able to spend their last moments together...? When....the gravity hit. Were they able to kiss each other one last time....before being.....crushed?"

"How many of them....had friends like Gabriel? People who did their best to be there for them, to help them improve. Who cared about them...."

"....Were they able to tell these friends...how much they appreciated them...before the end...?

"......"

“….how many of them would have lived…years. Decades…maybe even centuries longer if I simply hadn’t been here? If I had just…never joined the group….?

David sat there for a long time. His eyes dim as he stared at the ground.

"....is this really what I cultivated so much power for...?” David thought, glancing down at his body. All the years he had spent training. The tireless hours. The torture, the pain. Just to have...this type of power? the power that could wipe out an entire dimension at a whim? The power to slaughter innocent people with a tap of his finger? He had always thought he was too weak....but....was he....too strong?

".....I lack the control....needed to handle my power...." David thought, glancing at his fists. He had a 10th of the power that Rory had when she was healthy, yet he knew that she would never make such a stupid mistake that he did.

David clenched his fist tightly.

"Control over my power.....and control over my emotions..."

"...until I get that control......"

"....I'll keep hurting the people I love. The people I care for...." the image of Gabriel flashed into his mind, and he winced. He knew that this was the one mistake he would never forget. Killing....so many people.....and ruining the relationship with one of the closest people to him. He was the last person Gabriel trusted. The final straw. He didn’t know what would happen to her now. But he knew it would be his fault….

David slowly stood to his feet, and continued to walk, glancing around at the ruined landscape before him

"...until I get the control I need. Until I truly…change. I'll seal it off. All of it. My extinction dream."

"
No more Gravity. No more Matter, No more anything. Activation dream and body control only until I can ensure none of this will ever happen again..." David said aloud.

"Until I can become the person that Gabriel can trust. Until I become the person who will never let innocents die...."

His mind drifted back to Masayoshis words back to Masayoshi's words.

"......"

"I'm....no hero. I can't call myself that. Not anymore. No matter how much she says I can be...."

"....but I'll keep fighting."

"....that's the only thing I can do..."

"David, some honest words here, when you want to try something out, think about what could happen from trying it. Much as I'd love to experiment turning much of the dream world into a weapon that'd be incredibly counter productive, it does not take a genius on my level to tell you that." Draedon said

"David, some honest words here, when you want to try something out, think about what could happen from trying it. Much as I'd love to experiment turning much of the dream world into a weapon that'd be incredibly counter productive, it does not take a genius on my level to tell you that." Draedon said
"......"

"You're right. Dreadon." David said glancing at the sky.

"....part of learning...to control myself....has to be learning...the effects...of what I can do..." David trailed off.

"...If I keep doing things...without thinking. I'll just keep hurting people I care about."

"David. Your heart is where you want it to be. You are at home when trying to save people and being with Masayoshi. Mistakes along the way are just human nature, and I won't claim to be perfect in that regard even if I've discarded my human body. So don't let the lives lost here make you just give up being a "hero". You try and throw everything to the wind when things don't go your way when you make a mistake, THAT is your greatest downfall. But let me tell you a story of one of Yharon's experiences..." Draedon said, pausing in case David wanted to say anything

"David. Your heart is where you want it to be. You are at home when trying to save people and being with Masayoshi. Mistakes along the way are just human nature, and I won't claim to be perfect in that regard even if I've discarded my human body. So don't let the lives lost here make you just give up being a "hero". You try and throw everything to the wind when things don't go your way when you make a mistake, THAT is your greatest downfall. But let me tell you a story of one of Yharon's experiences..." Draedon said, pausing in case David wanted to say anything
"I still want to save people, Dreadon. I just....can't call myself a hero while doing so. I'm just abandoning the title...I don't deserve it anymore." David said.

"But....what happened to Yharon, Dreadon? I'll listen to your story, if you think it will...help." David said, continuing to walk through the desert.

Gabriel sat back down by the desolated town, pondering over the current situation. She didn't know what to say. She didn't know what to think. The night was long and cold, and she had nothing but her wings to keep her warm in such a place. Although, it isn't like the cold bothered her.

"...It's so quiet..."

She hated the silence. She hated the destruction and the pain. As an archangel, so she could feel the emotions that had long seeped into the sand more potently than any other, the very reason she existed was to help regulate emotions as a therapist, after all. That was what she was for.

"...All of these feelings. It was only for less than a second... No, time doesn't work the same now. How long did it take for all those people to die...? I don't understand anything anymore..."

She could feel the pain, the anguish, the confusion, the despair and sadness, the rage and anger, even if said emotions only existed for a mere moment before the people died. She could feel it although all of those people died even faster than instantly.

"What am I supposed to even do now? Go back to the group? Yeah, of course, I'm the best healer there, after all... But what am I going to say to them? It isn't like I have any friends. I can't talk to Rory. I can't talk to David. Belial isn't... Belial is... He's not here. So what do I even have...?" Gabriel thought to herself.

"You have yourself."

Gabriel jolted up as she heard a voice ring throughout her head, "Whose there!? If your here to fight I'm not in the mood, so just piss off!" Gabriel shouted, "Reveal yourself!" She scanned the entire area around her, looking for any form of life. But nobody was there? Not anybody barring the group, anyway.

"What the hell...? Am I just hearing voices? I guess that makes sense... God, I'm going insane, aren't I?"

Gabriel sat back down, but she only heard the voice again.

"You've always had yourself."

"Leave me alone, voice. I'm not in the mood..." Gabriel said, attempting to ignore the voice.

"Think about it for a moment, Gabriel. Ever since that man was sealed you always had yourself. You always wandered the multiverse alone, and you never needed any form of companionship or comfort. You cultivated relationships with these people simply because you were deluding yourself. Deluding yourself because you felt alone, but now, you truly are alone. What are you going to do?"

"...leave me alone."

"Not until you accept your true feelings. Tell me, do you even remember your best friend? The man who speaks in a thousand tongues? The one with the six wings of death...? The one who taught you everything you know about mage craft?"

"...just leave me alone...!!"

"Not until you turn around... And look at me..."

Gabriel clenched her fists, "Fine then! Look, I turned around, are you happy-" Gabriel turned around to look at the person.

"...Who are you...?"

A person covered in shadows, veiled in darkness but also light. Their eyes were like the mightiest of flames, bearing an obsession that would carry on for eons to come. Gabriel couldn't make out the person's appearance through the veil of darkness, but she could tell who they were.

"...Are you...?"

"That's right, Gabriel. I am you, and you are me. This is your future..."

Gabriel jumped away from the person, "That isn't possible. Th-This is me...?"

"You can't run from your own decisions, Gabriel." Gabriel's future self appeared in front of her, glaring down.

"I didn't... What is...? I don't understand...." Gabriel mumbled.

"This is the result of your actions, Gabriel. You chose to isolate yourself. You chose to trust nobody and walked on the path of bloody obsession. For countless eons, you trained. For countless eons, you fought opponents stronger and weaker than you. You lost some battles, and you won some battles. But you didn't stop. Our obsession drove us to walls in our strength. But we broke them down again and again until there were no limits... We reached the absolute peak of our strength as the Counter-Apoptosis, fighting against the destruction of the world."

"But your eyes! Your words!! This can't be me... This can't be my path..." Gabriel fell to her knees, tears pouring from her eyes.

"IT IS!! LOOK AT ME, GABRIEL! WE'VE BECOME STRONG, DO YOU SEE!? STRONGER THAN RORY, STRONGER THAN BELIAL, STRONGER THAN YHARON OR IVAN, STRONGER THAN ANYBODY!! WE CAN FINALLY FULFILL OUR PURPOSE AS THE COUNTER-APOPTOSIS!"

"Go away...! I don't want to hear any more of this! Just go away!"

"BUT WHAT IS THE POINT OF ALL THIS STRENGTH!? WHAT IS THE POINT OF IT, I NO LONGER HAVE ANYTHING TO PROTECT... NOTHING TO FIGHT FOR!! THIS ETERNITY OF BATTLE WITH THE APOPTOSIS... THERE'S NOTHING LEFT!!"

"Please, stop!!"

"WHY!? WHY DID I CHASE AFTER STRENGTH SO FERVENTLY!? WHY AM I SO STRONG...!? THERE'S NOTHING LEFT FOR ME..."

"Please..." Gabriel cowered on the ground, covering herself with her wings in fear and despair.

"This is the path you must follow, Gabriel. This is the only path that you can follow now. Then you'll realize it..."

"Realize what...? What do I have to realize...?"

"That this is your only path. You can't escape becoming me, Gabriel. You must grow stronger... And stronger..."

"To what end, though!? You said it yourself! THERE'S NOTHING LEFT FOR ME! NOT NOW, AND NOT IN THE FUTURE!!"

"Remember the reason you exist, Gabriel. The reason we fell to despair... Was because we lost what we swore to protect. But what if there is no longer anything to protect in the first place?"

"Are you telling me to do what you did now...? T-To isolate myself...? To become obsessed...?"

"That is exactly what I'm saying to you, Gabriel. Uncover yourself." Gabriel's future self ordered.

Gabriel obliged, her eyes clouded with tears, red from all the crying. "Why did you come to me...?"

"To tell you to accept your true nature. Trust nobody, open up to nobody, and nobody will be able to get hurt. For if you continue this..."

Suddenly, Gabriel's future self began to fade.

"You'll realize just exactly why I despise it so much... This strength I gained... All for nothing. I have nothing left to protect."

"You despise... Your own strength...?"

"Be better than me, Gabriel. Be better than this. Use your strength to get rid of all of the extras that hold you back... So you can protect them. Don't waste your life like I did."

She was gone. Completely vanished.

"I became strong...?" But what was it for? The isolation? The pain? The connections built? Even when she was weak they were all destroyed? So how could it matter when she became strong? "Oh, I see..."

She began to cry once more.

"I became strong... So that I could protect you..."

So that she could protect Belial. So that she could protect David. Because she loved them both for caring about her.

"And now if it mattered in the end..."

In the end, what did it matter? Belial was gone. David had just shattered their relationship into the tiniest of bits. She didn't have Rory, and she didn't have this mysterious man her future self mentioned. She was weak, and she had nothing. And when she became strong she would have even less.

"So why did I even try to cultivate a relationship in the first place...?" Why did she even try when all she was left with was absolutely nothing.

"Why did I even try to make things better for him when this is how he repays me!?" Why did she even try to make him stronger? Smarter?

"...All that I tried to give for him... And I can no longer trust him...?" There was no point to it anymore. Even if she became strong, she had nothing to protect anymore.

"...This is bullshit." She thought to herself, "This is bullshit. All of this is bullshit!" She screamed out. "This isn't fair! I didn't do anything wrong! All I did was HELP!? And he thinks he can just come to apologize to me!? Like he didn't completely **** me over!" Gabriel slammed her fist into the ground.

"...No more of it. No more of all of this bullshit. This is my life. This is my destiny, and I will make my own decisions. I refuse to live for him... Or even you, Belial." She said, looking down at the ring Belial gave her.

"Thank you for this, Belial."

This was the start of her obsession. Gabriel Artensia had always tried to provide happiness and comfort to those she cared about and even those she didn't care about. But this was the final straw. She would no longer sit around and wait for an apology. She would no longer sit around and wait for anybody to change for her. This was the start of her quest for absolute power, and the beginning of her isolation. But what she didn't know...

"But I'm tired of ******* around."

She rejoined the group, glaring forward. She said nothing to any one of them. She didn't even look at them.

"I'm so tired."

That wasn't her future self. She had always felt it, she had always known David was going to **** up. She had always known that Belial was going to leave her. All that was was her subconscious confirming her ever-lasting suspicions that she could trust nobody. That she could love nobody. That was the only way for her to safely fulfill her purpose as the Counter-Apoptosis. Her eyes were raging, filled with determination nobody had ever seen come off of her.

giphy.gif

(Phew! Finally finished writing my edgy fanfiction!)

(Reaper being wholesome? Did an alternate universe version of him kill and begin taking over the life of the degenerate one?)
(I am the one running Shalor remember?)
"I still want to save people, Dreadon. I just....can't call myself a hero while doing so. I'm just abandoning the title...I don't deserve it anymore." David said.

"But....what happened to Yharon, Dreadon? I'll listen to your story, if you think it will...help." David said, continuing to walk through the desert.
"When he was about thirty he had a friend that took their own life, they believed that they would lever have any happy days again in their life, Yharon didn't agree with it, hell, he still doesn't, but he understood why. About five years later he had another friend who was contemplating jumping to their death to commit suicide, and so he told the story I'm telling now and said "If you believe you will never have any more happy days in your life, then jump, I won't stop you or even try to save you. But if you think there is even a chance you will have one more happy day, then come here." That friend decided against taking their own life with those words, went on to life a mostly happy life until they happened to be around the meteor impact even. A hero does not have to be one who is strong and saves people with strength. Yharon, much as he'd claim otherwise, was that friend's hero. I already know he's most likely going to have a discussion with you when you start to lose it again after another mistake, and he's going to bring up that story. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and everyone else, stop with the apologizing and take action to be better, you are King mother ******* Tiger, so instead of walking and being a miserable fawn looking for its mother, turn around and go back to the camp, and start training your abilities, train your focus, train your thoughts, and show Gabriel, Rory, Masayoshi, and everyone else you are trying to improve in front of them!" Draedon spoke in varying tones, but each of his words were like concrete, everything Draedon said he genuinely believed

(I am the one running Shalor remember?)

"When he was about thirty he had a friend that took their own life, they believed that they would lever have any happy days again in their life, Yharon didn't agree with it, hell, he still doesn't, but he understood why. About five years later he had another friend who was contemplating jumping to their death to commit suicide, and so he told the story I'm telling now and said "If you believe you will never have any more happy days in your life, then jump, I won't stop you or even try to save you. But if you think there is even a chance you will have one more happy day, then come here." That friend decided against taking their own life with those words, went on to life a mostly happy life until they happened to be around the meteor impact even. A hero does not have to be one who is strong and saves people with strength. Yharon, much as he'd claim otherwise, was that friend's hero. I already know he's most likely going to have a discussion with you when you start to lose it again after another mistake, and he's going to bring up that story. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and everyone else, stop with the apologizing and take action to be better, you are King mother ******* Tiger, so instead of walking and being a miserable fawn looking for its mother, turn around and go back to the camp, and start training your abilities, train your focus, train your thoughts, and show Gabriel, Rory, Masayoshi, and everyone else you are trying to improve in front of them!" Draedon spoke in varying tones, but each of his words were like concrete, everything Draedon said he genuinely believed
".........."

David clenched his fist. His teeth gritted.

"Dreadon...."

"......you're ******* right"

"I can't do this shit. I can't keep doing dumb shit and crawling back to them and asking for another chance."

"I keep...hurting people. Rory, Gabriel...Masayoshi. I keep making mistakes, that hurt them, and...instead of being better, I just give them another half-assed apology. promising I would change THIS time. promising I'd be better...."

"and they've realized it. Realized my word isnt worth shit anymore. First it was Rory, Now it is Gabriel, and one of these days....I'm gonna ******* lose Masayoshi to."

"......"

"I'm done. Done with words. Done with this bullshit, done with feeling sorry for myself after I hurt someone else."

"I'm not gonna say I'm gonna improve Dreadon. I've said that enough."

"...I'm just gonna let them see for themselves..."

(sorry for the double post, just gonna move David back to the group real quick)

David continued to walk for a long while. His despair was still present. but now it was mingled with another emotion....determination. This was it. Regardless of what would happen in the future. He needed to improve.

Eventually, he made his way back to the group, and began walking alongside them. He didn't greet them. He knew most of them likely didn't want to see him again, and accepted that. He had messed everything up, and no amount of apologies or begging would put him in any of their good graces. His gaze shifted to Gabriel. He saw it. her determination. a level of which he had never seen off of Gabriel. For some reason, this made him sad. Though, he had no idea the depth of Gabriel's struggles. He wanted to talk to her, but nearly instantly decided against it.

he turned away, his gaze focused on the horizon in front of them.

".....Never again...." David thought.

"...I won't ever do this to them again..." David thought. Silently, he followed the group.

Eventually, the group reached a small cabin. "The blade is in here," K said.

"..." Rory didn't say anything at first, "How do we use it?" She asked.

"It's complicated. As a normal sword, it couldn't even damage a normal ant, but when uses to break down the fabric of reality, it's unstoppable. Don't... Don't ask me where Adrian got it. It's complicated." K said.

"Alright, I'll respect that. But I'll have to ask one more question..." Rory asked as she crossed her arms.

"These broken realities. Are there more of them?" Rory asked, to which K swiftly nodded.

"Most certainly. There are probably countless based on the intensity of the battle that caused them..." K said, causing Rory to clench her fists.

"Damnit... So we'll have to deal with all of that shit to..." Rory said, "So is Set even real? Is there any real threat beyond those sand creatures?" Rory asked.

"Like most people, I can't answer that question. There's no definitive proof of his existence but there is certainly enough to say that there is some outside force pulling the strings in this place. Although, I can't say for sure whether or not it's Set... Or just some malevolent demon." K said.

Rory began to walk into the cabin, "Whatever." She said.

"The chances of any sort of deity existing in this place is 32.98989%. Too high for my tastes. Also, do you guys not sense that?" R.O.B asked.

"Another enemy?" Rory asked as she turned to R.O.B, "No. Not from what my sensors are picking up. It's coming towards us quite slow with no hostile intent so it may be a survivor of David's idiocy."

David did know how to feel about that. Someone had...survived? did they watch as the people around them got crushed? How did they survive? are they hurt?

All these questions swarmed in David's mind, but he said none of them out loud. He was...happy that there was someone left...but...if they were a native of this dimension...that would mean they had to bear witness to everything they knew and loved being destroyed around them.

"........"

"...if they're moving slowly...they might be hurt. I'll go meet them halfway, see if they need any help." David said.

"Which way are they coming from?"

"David, you can't hide it forever even if they didn't." R.O.B said, "The guilt would probably consume you until you blurted it out. The worst part about you is that you try to be a good person. That means you don't lie about shit like this."

David closed his eyes. and nodded.

"....yeah. Your Right about that R.O.B" David said, nodding his head.

"About not being able to lie to them...I mean."

he turned away.

"....I'll....make myself scarce then. If I stay....it will only make things....."

"...difficult.." He muttered.

He turned around and began walking away from the cabin, hoping he could be out of sight before the person arrived.

K let out a sigh, "Are we just gonna leave him?" She asked.

"I don't particularly care if we do, but that's his decision. Not ours. Let him do whatever he wants." Rory said, shrugging.

"Aye." Og said, agreeing with Rory.
Lance glanced at David leave.

"....I think it would be best...to let him go on his own." Lance said, turning away.

"...let him...stew for a while, on what he's done"

"I can go and check on the surviving person, if that is necessary." Lance said.

K went into the cabin, tearing through the floorboards and pulling out a dusty wooden box. She broke open the box, pulling out a brilliant golden dagger.

"So with that, we can destroy this place?" Rory asked.

"...Yes, given we aren't interuppted by anybody if you decide to use it. And given the fact that somebody who may be a survivor of David's idiocy is coming towards us, I doubt we'll be able to do anything for now." K said.

"It's safe to say that they'll be showing up right about now..." R.O.B said, wondering whether or not he should prepare himself for battle. "This aura... Is it hostile...? Or is it friendly? I can't tell. It's like they're contemplating whether or not we're enemies as well..." R.O.B thought.

"Quit the fake smile-" R.O.B stopped moving.

"...I'm not saying you should put up your weapons. But I'm saying be very open to the possibility you may have to fight." He said.

"OK...? What's the problem-" Rory also stopped moving.

From far away a man began to walk towards the group. With each step the man took a large cloud of dust and sand was kicked up in his wake, covering his form. He continued to walk towards the group, his face tense and contorted with what seemed to be anger and rage. But eventually, through the clouds of dust and sand, the man was revealed.

Orsted.jpg

He stood at over 9-feet tall, his gaze piercing through Lance as he looked down at the man. He slowly opened his mouth, his breath hot like that of a mighty flame, and then he spoke.

"Are... you..." The man glared at the phantom magician.

"The one who caused the desert to flatten...?"

His voice held not a sliver of friendliness or kindness, as the man easily saw through Lance's facade as soon as he saw his face. With each second their eyes met, the man was analyzing Lance, figuring out his every move from just the way his muscles twitched and the way the small drops of sweat dripped down his face. He was awaiting an answer.

"Quit the fake smile-" R.O.B stopped moving.

"...I'm not saying you should put up your weapons. But I'm saying be very open to the possibility you may have to fight." He said.

"OK...? What's the problem-" Rory also stopped moving.

From far away a man began to walk towards the group. With each step the man took a large cloud of dust and sand was kicked up in his wake, covering his form. He continued to walk towards the group, his face tense and contorted with what seemed to be anger and rage. But eventually, through the clouds of dust and sand, the man was revealed.

Orsted.jpg

He stood at over 9-feet tall, his gaze piercing through Lance as he looked down at the man. He slowly opened his mouth, his breath hot like that of a mighty flame, and then he spoke.

"Are... you..." The man glared at the phantom magician.

"The one who caused the desert to flatten...?"

His voice held not a sliver of friendliness or kindness, as the man easily saw through Lance's facade as soon as he saw his face. With each second their eyes met, the man was analyzing Lance, figuring out his every move from just the way his muscles twitched and the way the small drops of sweat dripped down his face. He was awaiting an answer.
Lance glanced at the man, slowly craning his neck to look at the abnormally tall being in front of him. His smile faded. he shrunk back slightly but held his ground.

"....I did not, sir." Lance said truthfully.

He glanced at the rest of the party.

"Nor are any of these people responsible for what happened here." Lance said. Also, technically the truth. David was long gone at this point.

The man continued to glare down at Lance, a small vein bulging on his forehead.

"...Then do you know who is responsible...?"

The man scanned the group. He glared at everybody there, analyzing them just as he did with Lance. He looked at the dagger that K held in her hand and seemed to display some level of interest in its abilities, but he swiftly turned back to Lance.

Back