• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Lance chuckled.

"I suppose so." he said, a smile on his face as he took the bottle from Rory, downing some of it.

"If I may say so, it's a bit surprising to see you like this. I expected that you would be off-training somewhere. It seems to be an activity you do often." Lance said.
Whatever was in the bottle tasted like absolute shit.

"Hah... I guess I've hit a wall, Lance. I'm weaker, I'm sluggish, I'm tired..." Rory went on, "That's just that, I guess."
(I think she did get drunk like...really early in the RP right? back when Val and Jörmungandr first showed up)
(Val is hot. That gave me the excuse.)

(I've got to write drunk David again one of these days lol. I want to see how cringy I can make him.)

Whatever was in the bottle tasted like absolute shit.

"Hah... I guess I've hit a wall, Lance. I'm weaker, I'm sluggish, I'm tired..." Rory went on, "That's just that, I guess."
"You've hit a wall? I didn't think you even had one." Lance said, discreetly pouring the rest of the bottle out on the ground.

"Might it be best if you....took a small break from training then? perhaps you just need some time to rest and recuperate."

"You've hit a wall? I didn't think you even had one." Lance said, discreetly pouring the rest of the bottle out on the ground.

"Might it be best if you....took a small break from training then? perhaps you just need some time to rest and recuperate."
"That's the thing, Lance. I physically cannot rest right now... Not in this situation, after all. I need to prepare for what's to come." Rory said, "Have you ever like... Hit a wall in your progress or whatever?"

"That's the thing, Lance. I physically cannot rest right now... Not in this situation, after all. I need to prepare for what's to come." Rory said, "Have you ever like... Hit a wall in your progress or whatever?"
Lance thought for a moment.

"Rory. I don't train my body like you and the wrestler do. That's why I'm quite....scrawny, in comparison" Lance said, chuckling.

"When I was a mercenary...I spent most of my time training my weapon skills and dreaming abilities, since those were the type of things required when killing people...discreetly." He said scratching his chin.

"I suppose....the only time I've felt that I've hit a wall, was when I first met your wife. She is frighteningly powerful. So much so that I needed something beyond my limits to stand with her...." Lance said.

"Though the only reason I was able to break my "wall" was because of my dear angel, Metatron" Lance said, glancing down at his gloves.

"I'm afraid I don't really have experience breaking through any walls...conventionally." He finished.

Lance thought for a moment.

"Rory. I don't train my body like you and the wrestler do. That's why I'm quite....scrawny, in comparison" Lance said, chuckling.

"When I was a mercenary...I spent most of my time training my weapon skills and dreaming abilities, since those were the type of things required when killing people...discreetly." He said scratching his chin.

"I suppose....the only time I've felt that I've hit a wall, was when I first met your wife. She is frighteningly powerful. So much so that I needed something beyond my limits to stand with her...." Lance said.

"Though the only reason I was able to break my "wall" was because of my dear angel, Metatron" Lance said, glancing down at his gloves.

"I'm afraid I don't really have experience breaking through any walls...conventionally." He finished.
(Have to double post since Zoro's thing is in the last page. Sorry Zoro.)

"Hah... That's fine." Rory said, letting out a sigh as she looked down.

"Hey, Lance..." Rory spoke with a solemn tone, "Do you ever wonder where Kiara went? Do you ever miss her...?"

(Have to double post since Zoro's thing is in the last page. Sorry Zoro.)

"Hah... That's fine." Rory said, letting out a sigh as she looked down.

"Hey, Lance..." Rory spoke with a solemn tone, "Do you ever wonder where Kiara went? Do you ever miss her...?"
"......of course." Lance said, looking at the ground.

"I only knew her for a short time....but she is...truly an amazing woman. I never thought I'd meet anyone like her in the dream world. Powerful and determined, yet so kind and compassionate. I am honored to have traveled with her."

"Wherever she is...I hope she is alright...."

"Yeah... She was... amazing. She was a hero." Rory said, her tone becoming lighter.

"Back in the day... People used to call me 'Hero of the Dream World.'" Rory said, chuckling a little. "That was quite a long time ago, though. A very long time ago..."

"Ah," Rory said, chuckling along with Lance. "Well, it isn't like I've done anything particularly heroic, lately. That was years ago... If anything, somebody like David is way more into heroics than me, lately. Although, that would've been different a few decades ago... I guess I used to be a fanatic like him." Rory said, looking at the sky, noticing that it was slowly getting dark.

"I've done... A lot of bad things, Lance. And I've hurt good people before... If anything, even you have been more heroic than me in some ways. Thanks anyway, though. For uh, calling me one."

"My pleasure Rory" Lance said, smiling at her.

he hesitated.

"...I think...we've all done things. we aren't proud of. I've killed....many people. Most of them didn't deserve to die..." Lance said, looking into the distance.

"but...the past... does not need to define who you are in the present. You may have done bad things...but that doesn't mean you are a bad person today. or that you'll be a bad person tomorrow."

"I believe what matters...is that you try to be a better person today, than you were yesterday. If that makes sense. That's the motto I try to live by." Lance said, shrugging.

"Maybe your right, Lance." Rory said, "Maybe I don't have to tether myself to the past... Maybe I can move on... I wish I could, though, Lance." Rory let out a sigh.

"I can't forgive myself... No matter how much I try to move on, the past always comes back to bite me in the ass. People like you and David who can let go of stuff like that and... a-and move on... I envy you guys." Rory looked into the air.

"...It's getting dark. The attack that K mentioned will happen at midnight, right...? We should probably start trying to evacuate people..."

"Well, first off..."

Rory went to the edge of the town and shoved her sword into the sand, slowly creating a large circle around the town. "That's to know what I'm actually transporting..."

Rory then went back over to Lance, "For a while now I've had an ability that allows me to transport whatever I touch away from me. I cut that circle around the town so I don't accidentally send away more than I want... What I'm gonna do is I'm basically just gonna send the entire town to a safer place while we take care of the creatures."

(A reminder to everybody that Rory has BFR lol.)

"Oh! that's a wonderful idea!" Lance said, nodding.

"that reminds me actually, I did learn something interesting from the priests at the temple"

"Apparently the...Elder Priest...of the temple, is supposed to return from his isolated mediation sometime tonight. If you see him while we're fighting, it would be a good idea to send him away as well. I imagine the town wouldn't take kindly to their leader being killed."

Lance nodded.

"You're right. I figured he would be here by now" Lance said looking around.

"I'll go get him. Give me a moment." Lance said. He teleported away. looking for David.

A few seconds later he came across him, in the middle of doing push-ups a few miles away from town. Sweat dripped from every part of his body, the physical exertion, combined with the heat of the desert, causing it to flow like a waterfall down his skin. Based on how far he had sunken in the sand, it was clear he had been doing this for a long while,

Lance walked up to him. And gently tapped him on the shoulder.

"W-What?" David said, falling to the ground and looking up at Lance.

"The attack is going to happen soon, David. you should hurry back and get ready" Lance said.

"The attack....Oh ****...how long have I....?" David said. He looked at the sky, realizing that it was already night.

"Shit Shit SHIT!" He shouted.

"The people. We need to....get the people outta here!" He yelled, jumping to his feet.

Lance chuckled.

"Don't worry, David. Rory already has that covered."

David breathed a sigh of relief and nodded. He opened a portal, and he and Lance traveled back to where Rory was.

"I'M HERE!" He shouted, breaking through the portal.

"No need to get your panties in a twist, muscle man. We've got until midnight so don't yell..." Gabriel said as she appeared in the air, reading a book.

"Where have you been?" Rory asked, crossing her arms.

"I've been researching. Mostly on Egypt's mythology and geological structure assuming this place is a copy of it..." She responded.

“Gabriel. I’m fine with people I don’t know or don’t like calling me Muscle man, but I’ve been traveling with ya for a while. Please call me by my name” David said, rolling his neck.

“would hope by now, I’m more then just a muscular guy to you guys” David chuckled.

Lance glanced at Gabriel.

“Did you find out anything useful in your research?” He asked

"...David, it's just a nickname, dude. Literally everybody calls you it with no offense intended, just like a lot of people call me Angel girl." Gabriel said, turning to Lance.

"Well, it was mostly for my own personal interest... I already know a great deal about most Earthly mythologies, but it's weird as no other deity barring Set is mentioned in any books I could find across any town in this desert. Not Anubis, not Ra, not Osiris or Horus, not Isis, not anybody barring Set." She said.

“I always figured people just called me muscle man because they didn't like me...didn't know It was a nickname....my bad." David said, scratching his head.

Lance glanced at Gabriel.

"Are you sure Set is real, Gabriel? I visited their temple today, and I found no proof that the god they worship exists" Lance said.
"I'm not sure, no. He could be real and he couldn't... We'd have to dig deeper into the inner workings of that temple to find out, as I assume you only went there to pretend to be a believer and didn't really find anything." Gabriel said.

"I'm not sure, no. He could be real and he couldn't... We'd have to dig deeper into the inner workings of that temple to find out, as I assume you only went there to pretend to be a believer and didn't really find anything." Gabriel said.
Lance nodded.

"Nothing of value. One of the people there was already suspicious of me. I couldn't stay long." He said, recalling the mysterious man who pinned a knife to his neck.

Back