• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"David, please, don't do that... Just walk away." Gabriel said.

"And yes, I am planning for the worst, Draedon. I'm just considering all the variables... Which aren't many. We shouldn't go off of information that isn't confirmed." She said, sighing.

"Let's just get to the temple before we make a scene."

"David, please, don't do that... Just walk away." Gabriel said.

"And yes, I am planning for the worst, Draedon. I'm just considering all the variables... Which aren't many. We shouldn't go off of information that isn't confirmed." She said, sighing.

"Let's just get to the temple before we make a scene."

".....ok sorry" David said, embarrassment clear on his face.

"yeah let's just...uh...hurry to this temple thing..."

The group followed behind, Gabriel focusing on the sound. "Obviously some sort of argument on Set..."

"Your blasphemy shan't be tolerated in this temple, witch! Die in the sandstorms!" A man with a robe and mask said as he yelled at a woman wearing a dirty and torn-up coat with a hood that covered her face.

"...I'm simply telling you the truth, sir. Tomorrow at midnight, the sand-creatures will come for the people of this town. Your Elder is not here, so you have nobody to protect you..." The woman said, her voice quite low.

"Hah, preposterous! Set's blessings protect this town and its temple from all sand-creatures, witch. You dare suggest I place doubt in such a thing?" The man asked.

"...If you want to protect your people, then yes, I suggest you place doubt, kind sir. Do not let faith blind you... The sandstorms are indiscriminate, and whatever blessings you may think you have, there is no avoiding a fight." The woman said.

"Hah! Alright, let us say that I will listen to your heresy for a mere moment... What evidence do you have that your premonition will occur?" He asked the shaded woman.

"...It's a hunch, and my hunches are never wrong. I may have offended your supposed god by hunting the sand-creatures for your people, and for that, I apologize, but I'm warning you-" The man cut her off.

"Then vacate immediately! I will not have my men take up arms over a mere hunch, heathen. Besides, it is not my decision to make, that choice lies with the Elder. Now scram!" The man shouted.

"Fine..." The woman said, turning around as she walked past the group.

"Who are you people?" The masked man walked up to them, noticing they were there as the woman stopped by them. "What business do you have here, and with that woman?" He asked.
"We're travelers," David said nodding at the man.

"uh...the sun is falling, as you probably know. So we wanted to see if this temple had any information about that." David shrugged.

"As for why we want the women, she said somethin about an attack tomorrow. Regardless of if Set will protect ya or not, we'd like to hear more about it. Ya know, just to make sure everything gonna be alright."

"If you heard the conversation then you'd know her statement is based on a mere hunch, supposed travelers." The man said, "I have no need to arm forces over something as meager as that!"

"...I'm telling you, sir. My hunches are never wrong..." The woman said, "Says the woman who refuses to even reveal her face!" The man shouted out.

"Yes, we at this temple are aware of the sun's plummeting and are attempting to work to fix it... We may consist mostly of Priests of Set, but we are protectors of this land's people." He said, "We are at as much of a blank slate than most, I'm afraid."

"no need to insult the man Dreadon. telling him he's foolish ain't convincing no one" David said.

he turned to the man.

"Hunch or not, I'd rather be on the safe side when dealing with people's lives." David said bluntly, folding his arms.

"If you won't arm your forces, I'll gladly stick around in the village, and help fight them off myself if need be."

"If they do attack... We at this temple intend to take full responsibility. But I'm not spending valuable resources on a hunch like that, traveler. Besides, I told that woman and I will tell you... The decision lay with the temple's Elder, and he is away." The man said.

"Traveler, get out of my sight." The man said, "You think you can come to me and ask me to spend valuable time and resources on a mere hunch that may not even be true? Get the hell out of my temple before I kill you."

"Fair enough..." Gabriel said, "But tell your Elder that the blood will be on his hands if he makes the wrong decision and it's to late..."

"I'd do the same, but taking the risk that Set is feeling unhappy with you and as such is sending the desert creatures to either level most of the town or send you trial by fire isn't one I'd take. What's to say Set didn't move your elder just to make sure you couldn't mobilize in time to defend against his attack? Take it from someone who has seen many-a-deity before, they aren't omnipotent, they aren't omniscient. They may have more expierience but at the end of the day most of their thougut patterns are strangely human." Draedon said

"Again!?" The man shouted out, "You dare come in here and question my authority, but you also question my god!? I will have no more of this!!" The man yelled out, "I will not listen to hypotheticals, and I will not listen to hunches! VACATE!!"

"Traveler, get out of my sight." The man said, "You think you can come to me and ask me to spend valuable time and resources on a mere hunch that may not even be true? Get the hell out of my temple before I kill you."

"Fair enough..." Gabriel said, "But tell your Elder that the blood will be on his hands if he makes the wrong decision and it's to late..."
"Before I kill you?" David said, clenching his fist.

"Why don't you....."

he froze. calming himself down.

".....Alright man, we're outta here. " David said, turning away.

"Again!?" The man shouted out, "You dare come in here and question my authority, but you also question my god!? I will have no more of this!!" The man yelled out, "I will not listen to hypotheticals, and I will not listen to hunches! VACATE!!"
"Tough job considering you aren't anywhere near me and I'm nestled in one of the hardest places to reach in creation." Draedon responded cooly

The woman let out a sigh, "I recommend that you all please do not cause trouble..."

She went over to the man and bowed, "Forgive us, we were simply trying to help. I don't know about the robot though, **** him."

"Which robot?" R.O.B asked, causing Gabriel to drag him along as they left.

"Considering you are the ones who barged in and got snappy with a man who was only trying to do his job, I think you may want to go first..." The woman said.

"We're terribly sorry about that. Somebody needs to learn to control their temper..." Gabriel said.

"That's a little hypocritical coming from the angel with one of the shortest tempers..." R.O.B said.

"Look, I was stressed out, I still am, **** you R.O.B.," Gabriel said.

"You know I was talking about you, David. Had you simply kept a little calmer we may have been able to extract some information..." Gabriel said, rubbing the bridge of her nose in frustration as if she had a migraine.

"I'm Gabriel Artensia..." She said to the woman, "The man who looks like he's wearing power armor is R.O.B, and that isn't armor, it's just his composition."

"Tha' name is Og, lass!" Og said, smiling.

"Rory," Rory said, blandly introducing herself.

"You know I was talking about you, David. Had you simply kept a little calmer we may have been able to extract some information..." Gabriel said, rubbing the bridge of her nose in frustration as if she had a migraine.

"I'm Gabriel Artensia..." She said to the woman, "The man who looks like he's wearing power armor is R.O.B, and that isn't armor, it's just his composition."

"Tha' name is Og, lass!" Og said, smiling.

"Rory," Rory said, blandly introducing herself.

"......" David looked visibly agitated for a moment. he opened his mouth as if to argue, but stopped himself.

"****, alright. I lost my cool there. You were right, I didn't help the investigation at all..." David said, facepalming.

"He was just....****. He was gonna let his people die under the belief that some god was gonna protect him!? that doesn't piss people off? like, not even a little bit?"

"Yeah uh, hood women, I'm David."

"His logic was sound, David. He has no reason to trust the hunches of random travelers... Although, I understand your frustration." The woman said, "I'd hoped he'd come around..." She said.

"Uh, call me whatever you want, I don't mind! I'd rather not show my face... I've got a lot of ugly scars so I'm pretty self-conscious about it..." She said.

Back